Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Haquer
Nov 15, 2009

That windswept look...

quote:

Greetings!

All Age of Wushu servers will undergo maintenance and client patching on 5/7/14. 

Start - Wednesday, May 7, 2014 - 3:00 AM CDT (Wednesday, May 7, 2014 - 1:00 AM PDT)
End - Wednesday, May 7, 2014 - 9:00 AM CDT (Wednesday, May 7, 2014 - 7:00 AM PDT)

Maintenance should last for 6 hours and services will resume to normal after the down time. 

Patch Notes
1. Expansion Launch - Tempest of Strife releases with school betrayal, graduation or incognito. Six new factions to join and the introduction of the Dynamic Weather system.

Welp it ends an hour after I go to work. :smithfrog:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LITERALLY MY FETISH
Nov 11, 2010

Raise Chris Coons' taxes so that we can have Medicare for All.

I guess I picked a good time for this. Gonna try to make a golden needle sect person, looks like fun and it'll be nostalgic to escape ganks and get bitched out in broken english :allears:

Mr.Pibbleton
Feb 3, 2006

Aleuts rock, chummer.

Haquer posted:

Welp it ends an hour after I go to work. :smithfrog:

Ends an hour after I wake up! Might be able to log in before I have to head out for class, might.

Haquer
Nov 15, 2009

That windswept look...

Mr.Pibbleton posted:

Ends an hour after I wake up! Might be able to log in before I have to head out for class, might.

Only thing I'm antsy about is that Peach Blossom only takes 50 people in a day. I'm probably vastly overestimating how many people will get in day 1.

KittyEmpress
Dec 30, 2012

Jam Buddies

Do fifty people even play the game? I thought there were like eight people running ten accounts each.

Hole Wolf
Apr 28, 2011

Haquer posted:

Only thing I'm antsy about is that Peach Blossom only takes 50 people in a day. I'm probably vastly overestimating how many people will get in day 1.

Yeah I'd be surprised if there were fifty people who are interested.

LITERALLY MY FETISH
Nov 11, 2010

Maybe they'll go full chinagame and reduce it to 2 people per day for the english server. It'd make for some entertaining brawls, if nothing else.

Haquer
Nov 15, 2009

That windswept look...

Hole Wolf posted:

Yeah I'd be surprised if there were fifty people who are interested.

It's a Tai Chi secret faction. With most of the server being Wudang, I say there's a fair chance.

Hole Wolf
Apr 28, 2011

Haquer posted:

It's a Tai Chi secret faction. With most of the server being Wudang, I say there's a fair chance.

They're all going Beggar.

Haquer
Nov 15, 2009

That windswept look...

Hole Wolf posted:

They're all going Beggar.

Is that the viet master plan?

Hole Wolf
Apr 28, 2011

Haquer posted:

Is that the viet master plan?

A tide of beggars, blotting out the earth.

Haquer
Nov 15, 2009

That windswept look...
Adventures in China! From the actual China, not ours, sorry!

Behold the mighty.... I'm not sure

After I took this image on a Royal Guard I made, I learned that betraying makes you fight 4 NPCs which my new character wasn't even close enough to being strong enough to kill :sigh:

Then I spied this in Gossip:

My kicks :black101:

I then went to a wedding wherein the game was spamming fireworks everywhere and killing my client. I got drunk :(

I pass out and wake up in.. oh gently caress this. Not this loving well again

Oh and then in our server, a guy mentions something interesting about mechanic abuse that we'll have soon

randombattle
Oct 16, 2008

This hand of mine shines and roars! It's bright cry tells me to grasp victory!

I think I'm gonna give up trying to get like 400 sheepskin before tomorrow. Just not happening and I don't have 3d to buy them. :negative:

angerbot
Mar 23, 2004

plob
Why do I still read this thread. This expansion is going to pull me back in, super under-powered.

Are Subway cards still the best way to pay for VIP?

FebrezeNinja
Nov 22, 2007

I've been using Amazon since they added it. Just make sure you select Blue Dragon on the right dropdown on the payment screen.

There's a returning players link or two starting tomorrow if you look through the launch events page4.

Haquer
Nov 15, 2009

That windswept look...

angerbot posted:

Why do I still read this thread. This expansion is going to pull me back in, super under-powered.

Are Subway cards still the best way to pay for VIP?

Amazon! http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00BR39FH8/

No more weird looks when you go into subway monthly/bi-monthly to refill your card!

LITERALLY MY FETISH
Nov 11, 2010

I'm sort of at an impasse right now. I made a new account and new character, and now I'm at the point where I would normally pick a school, but what I eventually want to be is golden needle sect. Would it be a tremendous pain to pick a school and then swap over, or would it be easier to just sit and cultivate and wait for tomorrow? Do I need to go to joining a school first anyway?

Hole Wolf
Apr 28, 2011

Bauxite posted:

I'm sort of at an impasse right now. I made a new account and new character, and now I'm at the point where I would normally pick a school, but what I eventually want to be is golden needle sect. Would it be a tremendous pain to pick a school and then swap over, or would it be easier to just sit and cultivate and wait for tomorrow? Do I need to go to joining a school first anyway?

If you pick a school you'd have to leave it to join Shen Family and the free leave option makes you lose all your school skills and internals anyway. I'd stay schoolless 'cause they're getting some neat stuff in this next patch.

randombattle
Oct 16, 2008

Bauxite posted:

Wait literally one day and you can join the vagrants and get stuff no one else is going to get cause no one wants to lose their school skills.

Haquer
Nov 15, 2009

That windswept look...

randombattle posted:

Wait literally one day and you can join the vagrants and get stuff no one else is going to get cause no one wants to lose their school skills.

Seriously, there is a very small group of us that are betraying and the only ones I know personally that are betraying are Royal Guards, and that's because Beggars with 4th internal are better at being an RG than an actual RG is. Royal Guards have basically one good end-game set and if you're using a Jianghu inner there's literally no reason to stick around. You can always build chain set again later.

randombattle
Oct 16, 2008

Haquer posted:

Seriously, there is a very small group of us that are betraying and the only ones I know personally that are betraying are Royal Guards, and that's because Beggars with 4th internal are better at being an RG than an actual RG is. Royal Guards have basically one good end-game set and if you're using a Jianghu inner there's literally no reason to stick around. You can always build chain set again later.

I am betraying wv because I can't stand the people in the school.

Haquer
Nov 15, 2009

That windswept look...

randombattle posted:

I am betraying wv because I can't stand the people in the school.

I'll miss getting to watch kingcee flip his poo poo, but apparently he's going to Beast Villa so if any of you are going there, enjoy that!

angerbot
Mar 23, 2004

plob
I'm kind of split on Golden Needle/Xu/Peach Blossom aaaaaaa

randombattle
Oct 16, 2008

angerbot posted:

I'm kind of split on Golden Needle/Xu/Peach Blossom aaaaaaa

Pick one, graduate, then move on! Golden Needle and Xu are minor factions that you can graduate from and keep everything.

randombattle fucked around with this message at 03:11 on May 7, 2014

Haquer
Nov 15, 2009

That windswept look...
Febreze asked me to screencap and post, China servers have an extra unlock that we don't have so it's currently assumed it's factions but :iiam:

PassiveSentence
Jun 2, 2013

Haquer posted:

Febreze asked me to screencap and post, China servers have an extra unlock that we don't have so it's currently assumed it's factions but :iiam:

As long as it doesn't require 1000/2000 turn-ins from unique characters or ungodly amounts of Jackdaw :allears:

Haquer
Nov 15, 2009

That windswept look...
It was looked over and we now think it's for Tier-6 gear and whatever else came with it. Hopefully that's right because gently caress me do I hate those world events.

FebrezeNinja
Nov 22, 2007

Haquer posted:

It was looked over and we now think it's for Tier-6 gear and whatever else came with it. Hopefully that's right because gently caress me do I hate those world events.

The first few of the second result are Yanmen Pass so probably the higher difficulties there.

E: and probably not this expansion?

Hole Wolf
Apr 28, 2011

Yanmen Wulin status: easy as gently caress, no loot.

FebrezeNinja
Nov 22, 2007

So some launch events are finally up.

Silver Giveaway!
players who have reached at least Untapped Potential may receive a task from the Event Ambassador in every major city. Complete the task for a Gift Card reward. Use the Gift Card between the hours of 21:00 – 22:00 to receive a random amount of Silver or Pills!

Airborne Scavenger Hunt
There are two difficulties for this event, novice players should select easy mode while veterans should select hard mode. Each difficulty will provide different rewards. Once the task has been accepted, players will receive a unique event “Flying Skill” buff. Follow the instructions provided to search for Jade Pendants.Collect all Jade Pendants and complete the task objectives to receive rewards! Notes: After accepting the event task, players may not use mounts, carts or Windrider potions.

Tempest of Strife Token Collection
Age of Wushu Tempest of Strife (Hard): Collect “九(Age)”“阴(of)”“真(Wu)”“经(Shu)”“天(Tempest)”“下(of)”“变(Strife)”tokens to complete the task. Tianyuan Soul Gathering Pill *5, Juedi Horse (15 Days), Tempest of Strife Treasure Box*1
Tokens may be obtained during Faction Challenges and Forbidden Instance Challenges through Exotic Gift Box and Exotic Gift Box (Refined) drops.

Winds of Discord – The Hunt for Liu Zhengyu
Event Date:15:30-16:30, 21:30-22:30 every day from May 7 to May 21 2014*All times are in CDT, Server Time.
During the event period, the “Exploring Jianghu” feature will be modified. All disciples of the 8 schools will transform into active BOSS mob Liu Zhengyu NPCs. These mobs have a chance to drop the “Demon Banishing Order”Using this item, players will be taken to the Heart of the Devil instance and given the “All thoughts turn to dust”buff. Only players who are no longer protected by Novice Protection will be able to enter the instance. Players also must not be a participant in any other activity states.
“Demon Banishing Order”has the duration of one day.
The buff “All thoughts turn to dust”will increase damage dealt dramatically and decrease damage taken greatly.
The usage of “Demon Banishing Order”to enter the Heart of the Devil instance will not add a count to the entrance limit for the instance.

For a duration of two weeks starting from the point of character creation, players shall be able to directly buy the Rare Treasure Gift Box via the Orientation Events Run on the Old Servers.

randombattle
Oct 16, 2008

Thank god I'm always so short on bound money. :allears:

The race sort of thing sounds fun though. They should have that on all the time cause jumping around is mad fun.

Opinionated
May 29, 2002

Is all unbound liang drained when you are logged off for a really long time?

Or guessing I just got hacked and they stole it? I logged in for the first time in almost a year and both my characters have no money. I would've sworn I had some gold on one of my characters too. drat you china!

Mr.Pibbleton
Feb 3, 2006

Aleuts rock, chummer.

Opinionated posted:

Or guessing I just got hacked and they stole it? I logged in for the first time in almost a year and both my characters have no money. I would've sworn I had some gold on one of my characters too. drat you china!

Yeah, every person who hasn't logged in for a long time has been hacked.

Kegslayer
Jul 23, 2007

Opinionated posted:

You probably got hacked because the security in the game is still terrible.

FebrezeNinja
Nov 22, 2007

There was a breach in December or January. No info given, but we assume a full loss of login info.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

I'd try it out with a new character and Steam login, if I werent terrified that Snail would somehow lose my steam login info as well and cost me my entire account.

GreatestNerdEver
Aug 3, 2007
That new unlock event on the chinese server wasn't even there when I checked a couple weeks ago, so that has to be something new for them.

Shalhavet
Dec 10, 2010

This post is terrible
Doctor Rope
New server will be launching at noon CDT. Snail is bad at AM/PM.

funakupo
May 9, 2006

the ultimate longterm partner
Oven Wrangler
I'll try to log in tonight and see what I can buy from vendors. Aside from Golden Needle/Beast Villa which already have established places, where the hell are the other groups located?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Haquer
Nov 15, 2009

That windswept look...
For those who downloaded the patches prior to today, you're going to have to double click on them and point them to your wushu install. Apparently they don't just let you dump them into the patch folder anymore :iiam:

E: and apparently they put a .116 to .117 patch up on the server just last night but it seems to be small (probably 10-15mb by the rate it's downloading for me through the launcher)

Haquer fucked around with this message at 12:15 on May 7, 2014