Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Haquer
Nov 15, 2009

That windswept look...
So I went to Peach Blossom to make sure that I can't get in without that stupid week of quests

A log.

Chinagame :china:

:frogsiren: :siren: VAGRANTS THAT BETRAYED READ THIS :siren: :frogsiren:

This guy is around 506, 456 in the Suzhou martial arts school. Talk to him if you betrayed and he hands you mountains of pill and cult to make up for the inners you lost from the school. I finished leveling my kicks to 5 and nearly all of my blade to 5. Then Self Recollection to 42 and the 2nd Vagrant inner to 29 (almost to 30, which seems to be the cap so far). I'm now sitting on tons of pills for Peach Blossom set + inner. He gave me 3859 pills total and about 1800 of those were free cult (18mil cult) and the others cultivated skills.

Also, Pibbs wanted to see my kicks in action and if I hadn't forgot that he uses Poison Toad I probably wouldn't have died. I love it. Rage move:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr.Pibbleton
Feb 3, 2006

Aleuts rock, chummer.

Haquer posted:

Also, Pibbs wanted to see my kicks in action and if I hadn't forgot that he uses Poison Toad I probably wouldn't have died. I love it. Rage move:

Yep, looking forward to seeing this in Mt Hua.

ponzicar
Mar 17, 2008
Other undocumented new stuff:
There are training scrolls for mantis fist and demon heart chain hand, that can bring them above level 3. Haven't seen any for soul stealing sting yet.

You can use up to 100 of those new 300 cultivation pills every day, and you can get 20 for each regular cart you run. This will make it a lot easier for guild leaders to get funds, since there's now real rewards for doing them.

You instantly jump onto your Horse when you call it, and it calls it automatically if you try to autopath somewhere.

There are pages 8 and 9 for arhat fist, there are only 25 boxes and it costs 200 break weapons.

School arrays are in. Costs peerless tokens and honor certs, sold by the guy with the 4th set pages.

ponzicar fucked around with this message at 07:31 on May 8, 2014

PassiveSentence
Jun 2, 2013
Upgrade materials obtained through gold points now function like refining jackdaw to green pills: If bound materials are used, the resulting combined material are also bound.

randombattle
Oct 16, 2008

This hand of mine shines and roars! It's bright cry tells me to grasp victory!

So how do you get unbound now?

Haquer
Nov 15, 2009

That windswept look...

randombattle posted:

Only way is through the 2 hour nightly kidnapping event. I'm thinking we might end up needing to make a team to do it in force so everyone doesn't die. Guess we'll see tonight. Also I'm pretty sure the first hour of kidnapping is during guild wars so double gently caress guild wars now.

Unhappy Meal
Jul 27, 2010

Some smiles show mirth
Others merely show teeth

Oh hello, returning hermit hero bonus. I will definitely take 30 days of VIP for free that will let me max 3rd Internal without actually having to do work.

Zhangiev shall return to the battlefield where he shall continue to be a useless Shaolin without Goosestep, but drat I'm going to have that internal maxed. So any compelling reason to reapply to the guild, or really to stick around at all once I satisfy my compulsions?

E: And yes, I am reading through the thread to catch up too.

Unhappy Meal fucked around with this message at 15:35 on May 8, 2014

Haquer
Nov 15, 2009

That windswept look...

Unhappy Meal posted:

Oh hello, returning hermit hero bonus. I will definitely take 30 days of VIP for free that will let me max 3rd Internal without actually having to do work.

Zhangiev shall return to the battlefield where he shall continue to be a useless Shaolin without Goosestep, but drat I'm going to have that internal maxed. So any compelling reason to reapply to the guild, or really to stick around at all once I satisfy my compulsions?

E: And yes, I am reading through the thread to catch up too.

There's a shitton more content with this patch and more quality of life changes. Also goose is hilariously cheap compared to this time last year so definitely get it.

Also if you don't like Shaolin you can always betray and join another school and quickly get back on your feet with free cultivation pills.

Mr.Pibbleton
Feb 3, 2006

Aleuts rock, chummer.

randombattle posted:

When I did the single faction challenge quest from one of the many, many, npcs around the bank I got four of these prizes that could only be opened 22-2300 and had a four minute cooldown between opening them. I got 3 1k tendon pills, 10 unbound liang, 50 unbound liang and 50 unbound liang. Man this is gonna just deflate the living poo poo out of the economy.

FebrezeNinja
Nov 22, 2007

Akeenai, I misread. It's not 12 hours, It's 12:00 on Sunday.

To get into the moving flowers zone you have to do a longer, modified version of the WV designs quest, though there might be new hidden requirements.

funakupo
May 9, 2006

the ultimate longterm partner
Oven Wrangler
Wait let me see if I understood this: I cannot just renew VIP and kidnap to slowly get unbound but I need to do it at some crazy USA hour? I cannot run daily faction quest to get unbound unless I happen to be awake and online at 5am Central European Time (hahah what)?

Am I missing something here about why they would bother to have servers even up during off-USA hours?

Haquer
Nov 15, 2009

That windswept look...

funakupo posted:

Wait let me see if I understood this: I cannot just renew VIP and kidnap to slowly get unbound but I need to do it at some crazy USA hour? I cannot run daily faction quest to get unbound unless I happen to be awake and online at 5am Central European Time (hahah what)?

Am I missing something here about why they would bother to have servers even up during off-USA hours?

Yeah instead of just making nonVIP only get bound they hit everyone with it which is just insanely stupid. On the plus side the economy will crash further making it easier to get some things.

KittyEmpress
Dec 30, 2012

Jam Buddies

I mean no offense but snail is supposed to be running this game for US areas only, with other publishers handling other areas of the world. It does at least mean I have no reason to log on until like 8pm each day.

And I imagine the market will first inflate as people try to wring money out of the kidnapping botters for one last week, then suddenly crash hard as less money is introduced each day.

funakupo
May 9, 2006

the ultimate longterm partner
Oven Wrangler
True Haq, which might be excellent. Except I was concerned more about static upgrade costs on gear 10/20/40L a pop thing. Or say the cost to buy the reagent to use your gold or jade powder is like 150 unbound right?

KittyEmpress posted:

I mean no offense but snail is supposed to be running this game for US areas only, with other publishers handling other areas of the world. It does at least mean I have no reason to log on until like 8pm each day.

And I imagine the market will first inflate as people try to wring money out of the kidnapping botters for one last week, then suddenly crash hard as less money is introduced each day.

You understand even in the USA people have different shifts for their work right? The decision does not cater to their USA market either if you push set hours for any unbound to be gathered.

Haquer
Nov 15, 2009

That windswept look...

funakupo posted:

True Haq, which might be excellent. Except I was concerned more about static upgrade costs on gear 10/20/40L a pop thing. Or say the cost to buy the reagent to use your gold or jade powder is like 150 unbound right?

You understand even in the USA people have different shifts for their work right? The decision does not cater to their USA market either if you push set hours for any unbound to be gathered.

Yeah it's really hosed up and fucks over US players as well since one of the hours overlaps with guild wars as well and the first 30 minutes of school wars on weekends.

It's really really really loving dumb.

FebrezeNinja
Nov 22, 2007

There's a new class of items I don't understand to reduce the cost of an enchantment by 2 to 10 L. Haven't seen alternatives for binding powder.

Kylra
Dec 1, 2006

Not a cute boy, just a boring girl.
Did it even stop the bots or did they just wait until the designated kidnapping hours to yoink everything?

Mr.Pibbleton
Feb 3, 2006

Aleuts rock, chummer.

So people told me that gold point mats now make bound mats when you combine them, so I bought the few craftsman books I didn't have and am now the only market supplier of GRAGON LACE. Yes that's right I now supply the mysterious GRAGON LACE. (seriously there was none on the market and I have no idea what it's for.)

iSovereign
Jul 10, 2013
After spending like a combined total of 30 minutes navigating the maze of doom, I present: Plum Blossom Island

Also I killed a TDH that was AFK inside the school so she has to go through that maze again

iSovereign fucked around with this message at 22:13 on May 8, 2014

Mr.Pibbleton
Feb 3, 2006

Aleuts rock, chummer.

That's the maze in Suzhou with the elemental puzzle and the deadly gas rooms and stuff right? Do you need quest items to get through it?

randombattle
Oct 16, 2008

This hand of mine shines and roars! It's bright cry tells me to grasp victory!

Mr.Pibbleton posted:

That's the maze in Suzhou with the elemental puzzle and the deadly gas rooms and stuff right? Do you need quest items to get through it?

Nope peach blossom is another zone with a different maze. The black and white maze is for the story they will get around to at some point.

madmario
Mar 30, 2014

While you sleep,
your enemy practices.

randombattle posted:

Give Chinagame $30 I guess.

Okay, so apparently some of the gift cards--miniquests stuff you get from ambassadors--are giving unbound, and sometimes large amounts (50-100L?) That's temporary though.

The 2 hour event is rear end--it means everyone on the server is focused on kidnapping in one zone for two hours, which means the returns are terribad even if you can find a victim. Not to mention it's during guildwars, so gently caress that entirely and with a chainsaw.

Although it's nice that money is always valuable in this game, the "player driven economy" really feels like "look but don't touch"--at least for a long while that's so. Too bad.

Haquer
Nov 15, 2009

That windswept look...

iSovereign posted:

After spending like a combined total of 30 minutes navigating the maze of doom, I present: Plum Blossom Island

I'm pissed. I have 5 more days before I can loving join :argh:

Mr.Pibbleton
Feb 3, 2006

Aleuts rock, chummer.

Haquer posted:

I'm pissed. I have 5 more days before I can loving join :argh:

Who could've predicted that murdering over 1400 people could have negative repercussions? I've only killed 61 and the last guy was someone who was trying to teach new beggars that lotus palm was our best set.

Haquer
Nov 15, 2009

That windswept look...

Mr.Pibbleton posted:

Who could've predicted that murdering over 1400 people could have negative repercussions? I've only killed 61 and the last guy was someone who was trying to teach new beggars that lotus palm was our best set.

:argh:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IOCLwAYjDgc

This is me abusing one of the moves that can be chained. Apparently if you don't kill something with it, it resets the counter (even if it took you both hits to kill them) which lets me fly around destroying enemies since it has a hilariously long charge range :sun:

Kylra
Dec 1, 2006

Not a cute boy, just a boring girl.
Do you still get the offline unbound with vip?

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Kylra posted:

Do you still get the offline unbound with vip?

Whoa if you do then the kidnapping hour makes double sense. Log out after the time and then log in at least before it starts and you'd never get kidnapped and gain maximum profits.

PassiveSentence
Jun 2, 2013
If you meet the requirements, the 4th set NPC now sells school scripts for 1 cert each. It seems that if you buy the scripts and betray, it is not possible to eat it. Looks like full betrayal Wudangs can't skimp on buying Horse and Circle.

Haquer
Nov 15, 2009

That windswept look...

PassiveSentence posted:

If you meet the requirements, the 4th set NPC now sells school scripts for 1 cert each. It seems that if you buy the scripts and betray, it is not possible to eat it. Looks like full betrayal Wudangs can't skimp on buying Horse and Circle.

I'm trying to figure out what the hell the point is, then.

Natalie_Luna
Jun 18, 2013

Haquer posted:

I'm trying to figure out what the hell the point is, then.

quit school > loose all skills > return to school > can nolonger learn them from the quest > buy for one cert

Haquer
Nov 15, 2009

That windswept look...
I joined Beast Villa because I want to blitz through since it has an amazing Yang/Hard external set before I go Peach. Rage does over 1200 damage for me at level 1 :allears:

Also, we were just testing kidnapping and we were getting unbound outside of the kidnapping time so we have no idea what's going on! :confused:

Unhappy Meal
Jul 27, 2010

Some smiles show mirth
Others merely show teeth

Haquer posted:

Also, we were just testing kidnapping and we were getting unbound outside of the kidnapping time so we have no idea what's going on! :confused:

Chinagame, obviously. Also what password does my mail want to actually detach stuff?

E: Apparently I set that password at one point, who knew.

Unhappy Meal fucked around with this message at 05:07 on May 9, 2014

TheRagamuffin
Aug 31, 2008

In Paradox Space, when you cross the line, your nuts are mine.

Unhappy Meal posted:

Chinagame, obviously. Also what password does my mail want to actually detach stuff?

It wants the password for your snail account. This is not necessarily the same as the password you use to log in.

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Im reminded about how poo poo the installer is for this game. I also had my password reset and the email to reset it was entirely in mandarin. Thanks chinagame.

FebrezeNinja
Nov 22, 2007

Everyone returning should replace both passwords.

Also there's an odd new feature I didn't notice until a new character. Click the clock icon next to the 2nd password field after putting it in. You can declare a slow time for normal and/or new MAC logins where you can't 2nd password up to 60 minutes. Just if you never play on other machines and want to inconvenience possible hackers?:shrug:

Shalhavet
Dec 10, 2010

This post is terrible
Doctor Rope
So after some discussion, experimenting, and missteps, we have discovered something amazing:

Snail hosed up the chat filter. Again. Since I've ripped out the filtered words list, before this patch I could say gently caress all I wanted and everyone could see it. Ordinarily, the client-side filter would change "gently caress" to "****", but it only edited on the way out.

It now filters inbound text as well, but...not in any sane fashion. Instead of filtering the offending word, they opted to just loving drop the entire message. On my screen, I see

(Akeenai): testing the word "gently caress"

Suzerah and FebrezeNinja see

(Akeenai):

:bravo:

Shalhavet fucked around with this message at 06:53 on May 9, 2014

FebrezeNinja
Nov 22, 2007

I'm not sure that's so much messing up as an intentional break.

Mederlock
Jun 23, 2012

You won't recognize Canada when I'm through with it
Grimey Drawer

Haquer posted:

This is still the case if people wanted to get some chinabucks. Also, how do I kidnap without getting the 60 minute debuff about the authorities suspecting me of kidnapping?

FebrezeNinja
Nov 22, 2007

That's unavoidable, there's always a kidnapping cooldown to keep people from constantly sweeping clean all targets. Not that it helped.

Kidnapping during the 2 hours in the designated city and turning into the dark-minded trafficker and justice doctor give around 30 minute cooldowns, but that's the only way.

If you can kidnap all day, it's best to turn into the same buyer every hour since it increases the maximum amount you can get.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Coeurl Marx
Oct 9, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
My friend and I both tried kidnapping around 1 AM, and no longer received unbound. So I don't know what's going on with that.