Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Imagine four 'mechs waiting in a queue. Time works the same way.

angerbeet posted:

God help me i am downloading chinagame 2.0

3.0 nerd

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

The QQ server has one of two issues.

Server is busy - try again later

You are a dirty bot because you hosed up registration or went too fast - use a vpn or ask for someone else to do this for you

TheRagamuffin
Aug 31, 2008

In Paradox Space, when you cross the line, your nuts are mine.
Oh poo poo. Spelled out that simply, I may have to just man up and do this. God help us all.

kznlol
Feb 9, 2013
i am actually terrible at this game

i have died like 12 times to random quest bosses so far

randombattle
Oct 16, 2008

This hand of mine shines and roars! It's bright cry tells me to grasp victory!

Third World Reggin posted:

The QQ server has one of two issues.

Server is busy - try again later

You are a dirty bot because you hosed up registration or went too fast - use a vpn or ask for someone else to do this for you

It has been server is busy all drat day. :negative:

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

My current quest.

trying to figure out what zone I am supposed to go to through a nested cart travel dialog option.

Digital Decay
Dec 16, 2007
Reiteration #6,637,776,216

kznlol posted:

i am actually terrible at this game

i have died like 12 times to random quest bosses so far

Have you hit P and dragged the spam heal onto your hotbar yet? It's the one that looks like two hands beneath a heart, #5 on the list. It didn't pop onto my hotbar automatically like some of the other skills so I had to go find it.

kznlol
Feb 9, 2013

My current quest.

trying to figure out what zone I am supposed to go to through a nested cart travel dialog option.

If you are level 20-21 and umbrella school (and possibly other classes) it's the 2nd option on the first screen, then the 1st option on the 2nd screen

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

my current daily quest at 30

meditate near everyone else and lets be friends

Pavlov
Oct 21, 2012

I've long been fascinated with how the alt-right develops elaborate and obscure dog whistles to try to communicate their meaning without having to say it out loud
Stepan Andreyevich Bandera being the most prominent example of that
Ok, it may seem kind of early to pick one of the factions, but the game tries to get you to join one at 32 (which is early) or something, but you can't switch again until 50 (which is not), and only once per 10 days I think. You need to be in the same faction to be in a guild, and to cooperate on some of the faction stuff. Factions are Red, White, Blue, and Yellow. Their leaders are these guys respectively:

You can see what territory they control by the color of the little shields on the world map (with White being brown here for some reason):

I'm in Yellow for no reason other than KoS is there. I do think they happen to have the best looking zones though. I know Blue has the most people in it. It might be the default, I know I started there somehow. Blue and red both have one of the two main cities in their provinces. Not sure if that actually matters. White will probably be full of Viets. One of their provinces almost translates to 'Vietnam'.

Choose wisely. Or don't. It probably doesn't matter.

randombattle
Oct 16, 2008

I just want to make a drat qq accouuuuuuunnnnnnttt....

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

randombattle posted:

I just want to make a drat qq accouuuuuuunnnnnnttt....

you can play pokemon in this game and breed your pets

I got a pig and a cat

they only live for 30 days IRL then die forever

angerbot
Mar 23, 2004

plob
I'm right there with you. C'mon China you can do less badly than this

randombattle
Oct 16, 2008

you can play pokemon in this game and breed your pets

I got a pig and a cat

they only live for 30 days IRL then die forever

How come it's always the kung fu games that have all these amazing weird rear end features?

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

just wait until you get a stat bonus from equipping new underwear a stranger gave you

kznlol
Feb 9, 2013
I don't understand the boss mechanics in this game. The white bar under their HP bar is, I presume, a block pool of some sort - but even when it runs out and starts flashing bosses will sometimes break out of abilities that I think should be ccing them.

Pavlov
Oct 21, 2012

I've long been fascinated with how the alt-right develops elaborate and obscure dog whistles to try to communicate their meaning without having to say it out loud
White bar is block. The higher it is, the more it blocks. If it's high enough it can keep you from CCing. It won't always do that though. Sometimes you can still CC when their bar is full. Sometimes you can only CC when their bar is empty. It might be that it varies from enemy to enemy. There might be a damage threshold that you have to go over to let CC work, and the block meter can just be high enough to keep you below the threshold. I know I've done some of the NPC duels and I couldn't CC them, but at a higher level I could CC when their bar was full. Or maybe they just patched it, who knows. There are also specific moves enemies can use that give them CC immunity when casting them. Some players have moves that do that too.

tldr :shrug:

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

I got hunter, ran through town, exclamation mark appeared above a dog and it started to run from me

kznlol
Feb 9, 2013

god help me

both green things autopath to teleport npcs, a different one in 2 different zones. Each npc has like 3 levels of nested options, all of which teleport you somewhere, and you cant teleport back unless you find a horse cart or blow your 10m cd.

i just want this to end

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

alright so first off those two side buttons

one shows daily quests the other shows your main story quest, and neither show the side quests

if you got a pathing link that doesn't work, you are in the wrong zone or there is water.

If you need to zone, there are two npcs to talk to. There is one guy who sends you to schools and another that sends you to cities. There are also some times one way npcs like a boat to suzhou.

If you hover over the link in your quest, there should be an orange title bar that is two characters, a colon, and more characters.

Those first two characters in that orange title bar are the zone and should match up on the map if you hit M. If it does, great, you know where to go.

When you talk to the npc, find the one that has those two characters. It may be nested in 6 characters which is 3 sets of 2 saying "New York, Chicago, or Boston" with the next three options being "New York" "Chicago" "Boston"

Third World Reagan fucked around with this message at 09:02 on Jul 2, 2015

kznlol
Feb 9, 2013
I can find both NPCs linked in the quest. The issue is neither one does anything but send me to random rear end locations way out in the middle of nowhere.

Pavlov
Oct 21, 2012

kznlol posted:

god help me

both green things autopath to teleport npcs, a different one in 2 different zones. Each npc has like 3 levels of nested options, all of which teleport you somewhere, and you cant teleport back unless you find a horse cart or blow your 10m cd.

i just want this to end

Daily quests are covered Here. If the day's quest is the one that guide doesn't detail just skip it, the quests stack up to 3 and you can do a different one the next day. If you're on when chinese people are awake, just spam "日常求组" in chat at the place the person teleports you until someone adds you and follow their lead. Or you can click the little red flag and experience the wonders of automatic matchmaking.

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

It looks like you are trying to do one of the daily quests. Which is probably the guild only one or the other dumb one.

I'd suggest not doing those and selecting the top button of the two side ones.

Almond Crunch
Oct 29, 2005
God-damn tasty..

kznlol posted:

god help me

i just want this to end

DO YOU LIKE HANGZHOU OR KAIFENG?

NUMBER ONE IS GUY IN HANGZHOU

NUMBER TWO IS GUY IN KAIFENG

Get to either and the NPC is a TRAIN STATION. Really, any option will do. His whole purpose is to save you your tele; he teles you for free. Anything you click will work.

After you tele, you will see four guys standing in a line. It does not matter where you tele, all the destinations will have four guys standing in a line. Thats where the party leader accepts the quest.

See, the problem is, that daily needs to be done with a party. You can go to the guy (Heretofore known as TRAINSTATION) in KAIFENG or HANGZHOU and there will be people forming parties. Or you can take the TRAINSTATION to a place, and there will be people forming parties too. But if you can't read any chinese, how will you read the chat to know who to party with?

Better to just join the english guild and beg someone to bring you along.

Almond Crunch
Oct 29, 2005
God-damn tasty..

It looks like you are trying to do one of the daily quests. Which is probably the guild only one or the other dumb one.

I'd suggest not doing those and selecting the top button of the two side ones.

No do that daily; that's the most important daily.

Almond Crunch
Oct 29, 2005
God-damn tasty..

Pavlov posted:

"日常求组"

This is not getting enough love.

Really guys, this is the magic phrase.

日常求组 日常求组 日常求组 日常求组 (I beseech you to invite me to your party so that we might take part in our daily quests)

If you are smart enough that you've set up pinyin input and aren't feverishly copying and pasting every single time you need to type, the pinyin is 'ri chang qiu zu'

Almond Crunch fucked around with this message at 11:07 on Jul 2, 2015

kznlol
Feb 9, 2013
why is it an important daily

i'm so antisocial i dont even like partying with people when i can speak the language and play the game properly

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

I'll make the wiki and the off site forums

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

kznlol posted:

i'm so antisocial i dont even like partying with people when i can speak the language and play the game properly

I think I know why. I just hit 35, had to pick a faction, and my story quest said "get to 40"

but I still got dailys, dungeons, secondarys, and life skills. Maybe guild poo poo too if we get that together but that is kinda iffy atm.

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

stanely pain was able to make a QQ account right now, so if you need it go for it

or be flagged like a bot like febreeze

Almond Crunch
Oct 29, 2005
God-damn tasty..

kznlol posted:

It gives you both types of xp in large quantities, the tokens for buying life skill items, crafting mats, and other poo poo that is probably important. Also if its a cart it's stupid easy.

Also I made a ZhenWu named 阿祖拉 and im gonna find you people. Plz post in-game names here.

angerbot
Mar 23, 2004

plob
All right I got a QQ number, time to patch - at 122kb/s :negative:

Welp I'm getting there

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

I can hear someone playing music

I can hear someone loving up playing music

also all life skills have a pvp component to them, as in they give you a buff, except hunters.

Unless you count sending in tigers to kill the enemy which only enemy hunters can kill by spending unbound.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
game already sounds like it owns

Pavlov
Oct 21, 2012

Unless you count sending in tigers to kill the enemy which only enemy hunters can kill by spending unbound.

This is not a joke. Tigers are invulnerable to kung fu, and I've seen players spawn them. You need to be a hunter and use hunter arrows to kill them. They hit like trucks and it is hilarious.

Also I hope some of you fucks pick the pretty princess umbrella class if we ever want to do dungeons.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
im still going to wait like 2 years or whatever to play because im too much of a baby to learn to read that poo poo

Pavlov
Oct 21, 2012

Reading is for pussies. That's why I did it all. That could be our slogan: "Join Goons! Trick other people into doing the work for you!"

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

I keep shooting animals with a bow and I rarely get hunter exp

is there a daily cap or something?

also why won't this loving duck set off my bear trap I swear to god

Almond Crunch
Oct 29, 2005
God-damn tasty..

Pavlov posted:

This is not a joke. Tigers are invulnerable to kung fu, and I've seen players spawn them. You need to be a hunter and use hunter arrows to kill them. They hit like trucks and it is hilarious.

Also I hope some of you fucks pick the pretty princess umbrella class if we ever want to do dungeons.

No really guys, what classes are you picking, this is important.

I'm waiting for the WuDu to drop to play with it, but if that sucks I am flexible. Pretty Princess class is almost as fun as Tangmen to play, and people will seek you out (just like being the prettiest girl at the dance) unlike being a tangmen, where people will tell you their party is uh, full, cause, uh, a friend is coming later.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Almond Crunch
Oct 29, 2005
God-damn tasty..

I keep shooting animals with a bow and I rarely get hunter exp

is there a daily cap or something?

also why won't this loving duck set off my bear trap I swear to god

AFAIK you get 身份 exp two ways: ONE IS DOING THAT DAILY, KZN, SO DO IT, and the other is, as you say, KILLING animals not shooting them, but the cap is, well, it depends on your level but at 51+ i think it's 28000 per day, which is like 10 animals.