Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Forer
Jan 18, 2010

"How do I get rid of these nasty roaches?!"

Easy, just burn your house down.
so I decided to take a break from beggars, and rejoin after a short betrayal excursion. I got an invite to xu so I decided to take them up on their offer

2 hours later I hit level 36 in their inner. Welp.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Coeurl Marx
Oct 9, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
I'm curious to know how easily badge packs sell, and for about how much. I'm able to make 4 RG and 8 WV packs, but I'm not China-rich, so I'd like to know if it's a waste of time before I use the unbound to make them.

HapiMerchant
Apr 22, 2014

Forer posted:

so I decided to take a break from beggars, and rejoin after a short betrayal excursion. I got an invite to xu so I decided to take them up on their offer

2 hours later I hit level 36 in their inner. Welp.

Shennonite here, got to level 31 in Shen. Apparently to get dong reattachments you need to have 'medicine points" which can only be attained after ~3 days of dailies AND can only be gotten 500 a day. the "most med points" gets the meridian opening (which they have to pay for using certs) and the top ten get a dong reattachment book.

ALSO DONGS CAN ONLY BE SEWED UP ONCE, afterwards any further chopping causes "great trauma to the member and causes unrecoverable shrinkage"

Forer
Jan 18, 2010

"How do I get rid of these nasty roaches?!"

Easy, just burn your house down.
oh right, Also relevent, in order to graduate I need to hit my second level in xu. To do that I need to complete a quest line (did), hit 10,000 reputation (I have 2150 so far), I need to get chi of three purities to level 36 (did) and get a swordsman title (did)

I might be able to graduate by the end of the week. I might also be able to stay in and do fancy poo poo but I do want to return to beggar with this new set.

deathrat
May 25, 2010
So uhh, just rolled a character and I didn't pick a school, what should I do to get into the guild? it says I'm not in any of the allowed Schools to apply.

Haquer
Nov 15, 2009

That windswept look...

deathrat posted:

So uhh, just rolled a character and I didn't pick a school, what should I do to get into the guild? it says I'm not in any of the allowed Schools to apply.

You need to pick at least Vagrant to get into a guild.

:siren: WAR TONIGHT :siren:

What: WAR
Where: South Shaolin
When: :aaaaa:
Why: Bloodfate got in a protection war last time due to Yang Guo heading to Gensomaden, and then genso only did a 1.1D bid likely because they think 168 occupation will save it. They might end up doing some emergency upgrades today but we'll see!

FebrezeNinja
Nov 22, 2007

deathrat posted:

Actually I don't think our recruit requirements allow vagrants and someone might need to fix that.

Iowa posted:

My friend and I both tried kidnapping around 1 AM, and no longer received unbound. So I don't know what's going on with that.

Confirming. Maybe it's turned on from 20:00 to reset?

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Im so loving lost I have no idea what to do. I logged in after god knows how long, Im out of the guild, my inventory is full, this package they gave me has like 4 pages of items I cant loot because of it.

Im level 30 emei second internal, I left the game before they added chi, I have like 400 school certs in my bank and a bunch of pills. What is my best course of action?

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Imagine four 'mechs waiting in a queue. Time works the same way.
Cut off your dilz and join the party.

Haquer
Nov 15, 2009

That windswept look...

FebrezeNinja posted:

Actually I don't think our recruit requirements allow vagrants and someone might need to fix that.

gently caress. I'll be home around 2:30 EDT today so somebody remind me to do this. I totally didn't think of that.

Also Beast Villa definitely isn't going to level as fast as I like so i might drop it for a hilariously fast daytrip to Xu for fun to see if I can finish it before Wednesday when I plan to join Peach.

Kylra
Dec 1, 2006

Not a cute boy, just a boring girl.

Cao Ni Ma posted:

Im so loving lost I have no idea what to do. I logged in after god knows how long, Im out of the guild, my inventory is full, this package they gave me has like 4 pages of items I cant loot because of it.

Im level 30 emei second internal, I left the game before they added chi, I have like 400 school certs in my bank and a bunch of pills. What is my best course of action?
Probably betray to Vagrant to get their stuff then do whatever.

Third World Reggin posted:

Cut off your dilz and join the party.
No dilz to cut off in this case!

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Is the vagrant internal any good? Like will it be competitive in pve/pvp? Haq mentioned about the poo poo ton of pills he got that basically got him to near cap with it and it seems to good to be true.

If its good then I wouldn't mind betraying the pretty princess club, I mean, I can join a prettier princess club if I wanted to now right?

http://www.mmobomb.com/giveaway/age-of-wushu-tempest-of-strife-item-giveaway

Also here are some keys to get people back into the game. Bunch of near useless crap but whatever.

also x2 here is the page for free vip + a lot of actual good stuff for returning players. If you were at least expert of self and had paid for vip at least once you can redeem it.

http://www.ageofwushu.com/static/tempest_strife/page4.html

e-3 Hooooly poo poo chinagame please! Please stop giving me things! Im being overwhelmed, the game sent me like 10 mails with items in the.

Cao Ni Ma fucked around with this message at 15:47 on May 9, 2014

Kylra
Dec 1, 2006

Not really as far as I know, but it's more for the attack sets. Also, you can rejoin Emei later if you want and join Shifting Flowers on top, so you can have double the pretty princess.

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Seriously guys the game has given me like 500 pills and dont know what to do with all of them. Is it safe for me to start gobbling them up or should I do something first. The game is also telling me that I need to join a school before getting into a guild but...I've been an emei for a long time.

Kylra
Dec 1, 2006

Wait until you betray to gobble them if you're going to betray, or at least use them on non-Emei stuff. If you betray now, anything you cultivate for Emei will be wasted. I don't know how to start the Vagrant questline though, other than look for the 3 people with colored icons over their head near the headmasters. The red one is betray. After that maybe going to one of the coachment that talks about schools will start you off on the vagrant quest if you pick "no school"? Not sure, but I know it works that way for new characters.

Kylra fucked around with this message at 16:07 on May 9, 2014

Haquer
Nov 15, 2009

That windswept look...

Cao Ni Ma posted:

Is the vagrant internal any good? Like will it be competitive in pve/pvp? Haq mentioned about the poo poo ton of pills he got that basically got him to near cap with it and it seems to good to be true.

The internals are 1st and 2nd internal equivalents so no they won't make you competitive. However the skillsets are amazing and people cheer me on every time I destroy people with it.

I was script stealing in RG last night and a moron tried to kill me with his chain set so I locked him into a permanent combo while some Lawless people stood there laughing at the guy.

Natalie_Luna
Jun 18, 2013

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Haquer posted:

The internals are 1st and 2nd internal equivalents so no they won't make you competitive. However the skillsets are amazing and people cheer me on every time I destroy people with it.

I was script stealing in RG last night and a moron tried to kill me with his chain set so I locked him into a permanent combo while some Lawless people stood there laughing at the guy.

Do you know whether or not the amount of pills you get from the dude is a static amount or is it dictated by the current school level you had? I wouldnt mind quitting emei just to avoid having to sit down every time I kidnapped or kill someone. And I need to start getting to insane if I want to be a dancing princess.

Haquer
Nov 15, 2009

That windswept look...

Cao Ni Ma posted:

Do you know whether or not the amount of pills you get from the dude is a static amount or is it dictated by the current school level you had? I wouldnt mind quitting emei just to avoid having to sit down every time I kidnapped or kill someone. And I need to start getting to insane if I want to be a dancing princess.

The pills are dictated by the school internals you knew. I had all RG sets leveled high, 1st and 2nd inners at 30, 3rd at 36 and 4th at 30 so it gave me about 4,000 pills, of which 1900 or so were the 19 million cult I had sunk into them.

LITERALLY MY FETISH
Nov 11, 2010

Raise Chris Coons' taxes so that we can have Medicare for All.

I was wondering why the game wouldn't let me join goons, makes sense now.

If I'm planning on going golden needle sect as soon as possible after getting the vagrants sets, should I just get the kicks at whichever inner level they become available and then ditch the inners for golden needle's? This is on a brand spankin new character (If you see Xite sitting on a roof in chengdu that's me AFK cultivating while I'm at school) I don't think I'm really going to actually use the vagrant's sets, but I'd like to pick them up while I have the chance.

Haroshia
Feb 27, 2011

You think this is a game?

Bauxite posted:

I was wondering why the game wouldn't let me join goons, makes sense now.

If I'm planning on going golden needle sect as soon as possible after getting the vagrants sets, should I just get the kicks at whichever inner level they become available and then ditch the inners for golden needle's? This is on a brand spankin new character (If you see Xite sitting on a roof in chengdu that's me AFK cultivating while I'm at school) I don't think I'm really going to actually use the vagrant's sets, but I'd like to pick them up while I have the chance.

The Vagrant sets are good, so get both of them. You don't really need to ditch an inner either, just stop training it. Shen sounds like a good stepping stone though, and the inner sounds interesting.

PassiveSentence
Jun 2, 2013
http://www.ageofwushu.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=22228

quote:

Hello Friends!

It is that time again. With the onset of the Tempest of Strife expansion, we should all expect changes and bugs. Let's try our best to keep a collection of bugs to squash while detailing our new features discovery.

If you see anything that needs correcting, feel free to speak up!

Please keep this thread to reports or discoveries.

New Features
1. Greedy Human Trafficking Event - The kidnapping activity will only reward Silver Taels (unbound) during the Greedy Human Trafficking Event 20:00-22:00 CDT Daily. All kidnapping activity will always reward Silver Coins (bound) regardless of the time. Starting 20:00 CDT daily, all kidnap activity on all scenes will reward Silver Taels (unbound) until the daily server limit is reached. This amount is closely being monitored for adjustment. The amount is enough to last for 3 hours on all servers currently. (Updated)
2. New Daily Tasks From the Bank Room - These tasks will also reward Silver Taels (Unbound).
3. Script Stealing Changes - Non VIP players may only exchange for bound scripts. VIP players will receive unbound scripts as normal through token exchanges.

Potential Bugs
1. Martial Arts School - Tutorial mission appears in all starting scenes even if player has completed the new tutorial already. To remove these skill books, simply sell them to any NPC. (Updated)
2. Guild Interface - Selection menu lacking black background. http://i.imgur.com/qppJR8R.jpg?1
3. Lore Item Preview - Several newer lores are missing their preview images. http://imgur.com/wN4kBtd http://imgur.com/oz0zKxU http://imgur.com/yQy1ghY
4. Day and Night Environments - Day and night cycles are not matching up. Game time shows evening, however there is clearly day light and vice versa. http://imgur.com/pnGqx8C http://imgur.com/sJbQnLl Sample3
5. Auto Complete Tasks with Silver notes - No longer available (Need Screenshot)
6. Treasure Pages on Gear Set Swap - Does not allow you to place treasures in it. (Need Screenshot)
7. Character Creation - The label "Tempest of Strife" story lines as placement holder text for story lines that are currently unavailable are confusing new players. These story lines are not in the game and locked for play. Need to replace the label text with something more informative.

Confirmed Bugs
1. Saved Face Feature - During character creation, the saved face feature does not work properly. viewtopic.php?f=3&t=22231 (Only applies to saving randomized faces, will be fixed in next maintenance)

In Snail We Trust? :shrug:

funakupo
May 9, 2006

the ultimate longterm partner
Oven Wrangler

Haquer posted:

gently caress. I'll be home around 2:30 EDT today so somebody remind me to do this. I totally didn't think of that.

I set this when I logged in 11am server today to test kidnap (blah). Vagrants can now apply to GTC

Haquer
Nov 15, 2009

That windswept look...
^^^E: you're the best koop!

I forgot that Xu needs blue/green alignment and less than 300 kills so I guess I'll be going Shen to get the needle set if I can graduate in time.

This patch is amazing for the amount of swapping you can do as a Vagrant.

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Ok, last question before I betray. What do I do with all my certs? Can I sell them should I buy something with them?

Kylra
Dec 1, 2006

What are these daily tasks from the bank room that give unbound? The martial arts gift certificate thing is temporary right?

FebrezeNinja
Nov 22, 2007

You could use the certs after to rebuy 2nd internal for meridians.

Kylra posted:

What are these daily tasks from the bank room that give unbound? The martial arts gift certificate thing is temporary right?

One week I think.

FebrezeNinja fucked around with this message at 18:10 on May 9, 2014

Kylra
Dec 1, 2006

Is there a different permanent one we don't know about yet though? That's how I took it.

LITERALLY MY FETISH
Nov 11, 2010

Haroshia posted:

The Vagrant sets are good, so get both of them. You don't really need to ditch an inner either, just stop training it. Shen sounds like a good stepping stone though, and the inner sounds interesting.

Yeah, I meant stop training it when I said ditching it. To be honest, the story you get for vagrants is wuxia as gently caress. Reminds me a lot of that one wuxia movie we watched where jet li had no kung fu, but then an old man tied to a boulder slapped him with tentacles and gave him the strongest kung fu.

I miss movie club. We should do movie club.

ponzicar
Mar 17, 2008
I got unbound from kidnapping during the greedy human trafficker event even though I was in the wrong city. So it's not entirely gone.

PassiveSentence
Jun 2, 2013
Substituting a sword for a flute/dagger for a ruler results in a 30% damage debuff. Does it also apply when using a flute as a sword/rule for a dagger?

Haquer
Nov 15, 2009

That windswept look...

PassiveSentence posted:

Substituting a sword for a flute/dagger for a ruler results in a 30% damage debuff. Does it also apply when using a flute as a sword/rule for a dagger?

Using my flute as a sword works just like it's a sword, no damage debuff. This also means that I have one loving sicknasty sword to use :sun:

randombattle
Oct 16, 2008

This hand of mine shines and roars! It's bright cry tells me to grasp victory!

Haha wow they are just guaranteeing that bots will get all of the money from kidnapping now.

Also a long time from now there will be an update that let's self recollection go absurdly high and make it the best internal in the game.

Unhappy Meal
Jul 27, 2010

Some smiles show mirth
Others merely show teeth

randombattle posted:

Haha wow they are just guaranteeing that bots will get all of the money from kidnapping now.

Also a long time from now there will be an update that let's self recollection go absurdly high and make it the best internal in the game.

I knew maxing it out was good idea.

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

"The sword competition on top of mount hua is total bullshit" - an old man after murdering 7 people.

randombattle
Oct 16, 2008

Not even kidding it eventually goes to like 159 and is the strongest internal in the game. On the Chinese server you basically solo shura instances with it. It has some special effect at the last level but there's no info aside from actually playing the Chinese version. Also only vagrants can use it.

Kylra
Dec 1, 2006

But then you can't use Perish Blade 12 or whatever it is up to now over there right?

E: Don't their 4ths/factions also go to 60-70 or something like that as well?

Kylra fucked around with this message at 22:46 on May 9, 2014

LITERALLY MY FETISH
Nov 11, 2010

I could find GoonTangClan last night but couldn't join because I'm a vagrant. Now I can't even find GoonTangClan.

randombattle
Oct 16, 2008

Kylra posted:

But then you can't use Perish Blade 12 or whatever it is up to now over there right?

E: Don't their 4ths/factions also go to 60-70 or something like that as well?

Correct and by then there's 5th internals however self recollection has insane ramp up. It's equal to or greater than a 9th internal at max level.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kylra
Dec 1, 2006

9th internals aren't even released if that wasn't a typo.

I saw a power title table where 129 self recollection was rated a little higher than maxed sunflower, but it also didn't have 5th internals or the extended 4ths.