Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kylra
Dec 1, 2006

Not a cute boy, just a boring girl.
Did it even stop the bots or did they just wait until the designated kidnapping hours to yoink everything?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kylra
Dec 1, 2006

Do you still get the offline unbound with vip?

Kylra
Dec 1, 2006

Cao Ni Ma posted:

Im so loving lost I have no idea what to do. I logged in after god knows how long, Im out of the guild, my inventory is full, this package they gave me has like 4 pages of items I cant loot because of it.

Im level 30 emei second internal, I left the game before they added chi, I have like 400 school certs in my bank and a bunch of pills. What is my best course of action?
Probably betray to Vagrant to get their stuff then do whatever.

Third World Reggin posted:

Cut off your dilz and join the party.
No dilz to cut off in this case!

Kylra
Dec 1, 2006

Not really as far as I know, but it's more for the attack sets. Also, you can rejoin Emei later if you want and join Shifting Flowers on top, so you can have double the pretty princess.

Kylra
Dec 1, 2006

Wait until you betray to gobble them if you're going to betray, or at least use them on non-Emei stuff. If you betray now, anything you cultivate for Emei will be wasted. I don't know how to start the Vagrant questline though, other than look for the 3 people with colored icons over their head near the headmasters. The red one is betray. After that maybe going to one of the coachment that talks about schools will start you off on the vagrant quest if you pick "no school"? Not sure, but I know it works that way for new characters.

Kylra fucked around with this message at 16:07 on May 9, 2014

Kylra
Dec 1, 2006

What are these daily tasks from the bank room that give unbound? The martial arts gift certificate thing is temporary right?

Kylra
Dec 1, 2006

Is there a different permanent one we don't know about yet though? That's how I took it.

Kylra
Dec 1, 2006

But then you can't use Perish Blade 12 or whatever it is up to now over there right?

E: Don't their 4ths/factions also go to 60-70 or something like that as well?

Kylra fucked around with this message at 22:46 on May 9, 2014

Kylra
Dec 1, 2006

9th internals aren't even released if that wasn't a typo.

I saw a power title table where 129 self recollection was rated a little higher than maxed sunflower, but it also didn't have 5th internals or the extended 4ths.

Kylra
Dec 1, 2006

That sounds like a weird way to go even for chinagame.

Kylra
Dec 1, 2006

If everyone is the Goku, then no one is.

I just figured that stuff would keep to npcs.

Kylra
Dec 1, 2006

The Strangest Finch posted:

So as a brand new player hoping to learn how to play the game, is going Vagrant right off the bat a bad idea? That was my first inclination, but after a few hours of playing I'm wondering if perhaps joining one of the schools would have been a better idea.
Do the vagrant quest line first to get the skills, then choose a school if you want.

Kylra
Dec 1, 2006

Ratoslov posted:

If you go on the disguise quest, you can get cool face-paint?

Okay, so how much does this poo poo cost, anyway?
About 5.5D, plus 120L for each face painting you do.

E: Or you could grind forever and pay about 1.8D.

Kylra
Dec 1, 2006

I told you POMF was the best faction.

Welcome to the baby deduction club.

Kylra
Dec 1, 2006

"Maid System" lets you summon a bodyguard for an hour every half hour.

E: You get it later.

Kylra
Dec 1, 2006

Lunatic. Alignment.

Also if you forget to wear the uniform on palace grounds? +5 disc every entry and hour thereafter.

Kylra
Dec 1, 2006

Does Beast Villa's "Wind Tiger and Cloud Dragon" "Rip and Tear" effect add to everyone's damage or just the BV character's? Is the parry effect per hit or per attack, and does a single parry give you 10 stacks? If the BV set is literally Perish Blade but with Mangle it would be a must-get in the long term.

Kylra fucked around with this message at 17:02 on May 12, 2014

Kylra
Dec 1, 2006

randombattle posted:

That's not the parry the parry gives 100% life steal on the set.
Does the life steal only last one hit or attack, or does it last for some duration?

Kylra
Dec 1, 2006

I only have a jade coat and can't get school contribution gear due to incognito. Is there an alternative To school gear now?.

Kylra fucked around with this message at 18:18 on May 13, 2014

Kylra
Dec 1, 2006

Haquer posted:

The starter factions all have ways to buy gear, does pretty girls not?
There's one that takes 3-4 days of daily tokens to get a single piece of silver gear for 30 days.

So no.

Kylra
Dec 1, 2006

What's a good price for purple rosy inner books? I'm seeing them for ~1-2D each.

E: This is buying if it matters.

Kylra
Dec 1, 2006

GreatestNerdEver posted:

Or just spend the 20L to complete it like Suzerah and I have been doing.
As an important note, do this before you turn anything in for it or else you're just wasting the stuff you're turning in. Unlike the chores/labor quests, you only get one reward for the entire procurement line.

Haquer posted:

Hahaha I called this poo poo in guild chat 2 loving nights ago when me and Haroshia were discussing how hosed the economy is. Amazing.
They don't even have Tempest Staff or something like that in it.

Kylra
Dec 1, 2006

randombattle posted:

If it's like the beast villa multipart dailies then each stage complete lowers the completion cost.

Also dawg if you want some tempest staff just let me know.
I don't think it did for pomf, but I guess I'll check again.

HapiMerchant posted:

I just know I'll be suckered into the 500 Liang purchase because of the rare jewel boxes.
Just use the recovering strength thing if you have any. It's 10L per box in gold conversion.

Kylra
Dec 1, 2006

POMF event trip report:

Ok, we're starting to figure out our hardest event (at least we think it is, there's one more we haven't gotten 10 together to activate yet). So far we know it goes something like this:

You start out split between the front gate and the headquarters trying to prevent reinforcements.

Part 1: The reinforcement position
The enemy reinforcements run down the ramp to the exit point, and if they succeed it says the enemy gained morale. They spawn about 10 seconds of walking distance away from their exit, have probably around 100-200k hp each, and will not stop to fight you. Needless to say, we have not succeeded at this yet and have resolved to give this up in the future in favor of focusing on the front gate.

Part 1: The Front Gate
You have to kill off about 200 people, each of which has anywhere from 50-200k hp. They aren't too deadly though. After that is a boss which has probably around 500k-1m hp. If you don't kill this within a half-hour, something happens and you are skipped to the headquarters and past the first and second stages. Currently we do not know what happens if you kill this guy in the first half hour. There's a good chance we'll find out Tuesday.

Part 2: The traps
We also don't know how to do the second stage properly. There's something about turning off some mechanisms, kill another couple hundred people here who are tougher than the first group, and then another boss we have not even seen. We can barely kill the first boss in the first half-hour with 7 of us (about half the faction currently), and you can get around going through the traps if you go past the half hour mark.

Part 3: The Headquarters
You have to kill a bunch of people again. However, this time you also have to burn buildings down. There are bonfires on the lowest level of the compound which you get torches from. The trick here though is that you can't be in combat and pick up a torch. Also the torches last 20 seconds after you pick them up. Also the enemies take about 5 minutes to kill and respawn about 5 minutes after dying. And they have flying skills so you can't just jump into a nearby tree to drop aggro.

Then after you kill the 200 more people who are tougher than the previous group, and fight through their constant respawns, and then somehow manage to burn their buildings with your torches that last 20 seconds (which you need about 10s to reach one of the buildings with no interruptions), only then do you have to fight 3 more bosses.

After that we don't know if there is more or not.

As near as we can figure out, you get no rewards unless you complete it all in one go in one hour. More Chinagame science forthcoming once we kill the first boss within a half hour on monday (probably).

Kylra fucked around with this message at 03:37 on May 19, 2014

Kylra
Dec 1, 2006

Haquer posted:

Speaking of the event, we nearly killed him Saturday afternoon. It's hard to do with 9 people.

Yes, that's over 4 million damage done in 20 minutes. loving chinagame.
POMF did our version of this with 12 people last night, and we had to do it in 15 minutes. Quit slackin'.

And that's not at all our hardest event. Not by far.

E: I should stream/record the next expedition event so you all can see how ridiculous it is.

Kylra fucked around with this message at 07:20 on May 20, 2014

Kylra
Dec 1, 2006

Eliirae posted:

I stopped playing this a few months to a year back after having accomplished absolutely nothing of worth and the new updates lured me back in (oh god why). Created a new vagrant character because it seemed new compared to picking one of the eight schools and I wanted to try out one of those other factions added to the game. Did I make a mistake? How would I go about becoming an effective face puncher instead of always being the one getting their face punched in?
Join a faction. Or join WV and get perish blade plus a mentor for third inner and do tornadoes once you have it leveled some and a few meridians rolling. Get those jianghu inner fragments. I hear Beast Villa's set is good for PvE though, which is what you need at the start, so maybe that's another quick route to tornadoes while doing a faction at the same time.

If you can get on your old character, you may have a million cultivation, chi and such for the returning hero event. Maybe even a free month of VIP. Plus you'll have a bigger accumulated chi pool, which is a big deal for starting out. Just betray if you don't want the school.

Event page here, sign in with your old account, click #3: http://www.ageofwushu.com/static/tempest_strife/page4.html

Kylra fucked around with this message at 14:26 on May 20, 2014

Kylra
Dec 1, 2006

You're the best clothes refreshing ninja for reminding me.

E: While I'm at posting, can you only learn Flying Horse from someone officially in Wudang school or just anyone that uses any of the set?

Kylra
Dec 1, 2006

Mr.Pibbleton posted:

I like how incognito tells you what you need for each step and where you can get it while failing to mention that you won't since the drop rates are so low.
If they didn't tell you, you would never find out. Ever.

Kylra
Dec 1, 2006

Eliirae posted:

Thank you very much! I'll have to decide if I want to continue on White Tiger or move to Blue Dragon. At least I'll be able to play pretty kungfu princess either way.
Just play with goons. You also might be able to send the rewards to Blue Dragon even if your old character is on White Tiger. Just be sure to make the Blue Dragon character before you claim things.

Hole Wolf posted:

The new cash shop set is supposed to be the external version of slut stings and also the start of the real slide into p2w hell so if you're a beggar or whatever buy up~
Lets be real, it will only make p2w cost $30 instead of $3000. Pay to Win for everyone!

Kylra fucked around with this message at 12:57 on May 21, 2014

Kylra
Dec 1, 2006

Cao Ni Ma posted:

So whats all this about internal and external damage? Say Im a pretty princess in the POMF faction and I want the new slut dancing princess sting set which is mostly yin-soft, will I be hampered by it in one way or another?
External sets have damage reduced by armor. Internal sets are reduced by internal defense of the appropriate type.

Each skill set is taichi, yin, yang, soft or hard in addition to the internal/external designation. If you use an inner of a compatible type (a yin set with yinsoft inner for instance) you get +20% damage. Taichi inners get +16% with the other 4 types. Yinsoft inners (POMF) get +16% with taichi sets and +0% with yang or hard sets. Yanghard inners get +16% with taichi sets and +0% with yin or soft sets.

Kylra fucked around with this message at 15:21 on May 21, 2014

Kylra
Dec 1, 2006

My double stings are nearly capped in manuals, and everything else barely has any, so this is probably going to be pretty nice for me when I have to 1v1 a fool.

Now if only they would release a perish blade replacement cash shop set...

Mr.Pibbleton posted:

They interviewed Intoxicate about lowering the price she said that she thought the exclusivity was what really mattered, so keep the prices high! :downs:
Well, ok then. I hope she is putting GreatEast levels of money into the game at least.

funakupo posted:

5USD I would throw at it but 30USD (I assume) is a bit pricey to sit and rot. If Snail wants to throw new sets around like candy, they should consider a knee-jerk buy price and then every player buys sets all the time.
If you do kidnapping every day the whole time it is active on one VIP account, you can probably get it for ~$8 or less. That requires you to be on to do the kidnapping though.

Kylra fucked around with this message at 18:06 on May 21, 2014

Kylra
Dec 1, 2006

KittyEmpress posted:

Is spending thirty dollars on a set seriously worth it though?
It depends on the set. For instance, I find Yuanyang to be very useful in a lot of situations from assassinations, to assassination defense, to guild wars. That spin vacuum+stun is niiice, as is the armor airdash capability which I use for things like tornadotime and rushing throne interruptions. If this set is as good as it is claimed to be, then yeah probably. Especially if it is competitive with something like ancient dog beating (which I don't really know at the moment).

You can use your kidnap taels and get the people selling cash shop items to buy it for you, which is technically cheaper. Unless you're cool with spending $30 on it or are bad at kidnapping.

randombattle posted:

I thought we were getting the scimitar set next? What happened to that.
The books dropping are a bug. The set isn't even out in china yet from what the forums are saying.

Kylra
Dec 1, 2006

This drama isn't explosive enough. Like, where's all the unexpected gay sex scandals and scamming goons out of all their money like the old days? You all need to stop leaving me out of the loop on stuff like this.

Kylra
Dec 1, 2006

My real main is actually in Magnum Opus.

Kylra
Dec 1, 2006

Some dude from the official forums posted:

Yeah and i collect cash sets as a novelty rather i use them or not. Other then the girly ones like ToC, toc and the other duel wield set are the only ones i don't have since i don't care to collect them. All of which i acquired before jade fragment chest.
I hope they make all the best sets "girly" as all get out now. So many ribbons, flowers, butterflies and dances everywhere that half the players won't use them.

Kylra
Dec 1, 2006

ChickenMedium posted:

I'm almost convinced that Snail does it themselves on idle accounts, to "encourage" returning players to buy VIP or silver from them. Though I can't completely discount the fact that it's Snail, so they could just be getting straight-up hacked on the regular and it wouldn't be too surprising. Either way, you're not getting your stuff back.
I've gone on 2 three month+ hiatuses and been around since the first ban waves. I have never had a liang disappear across 12 accounts.

Kylra fucked around with this message at 03:15 on May 24, 2014

Kylra
Dec 1, 2006

Haquer posted:

Also, the Rise And Fall of Mutou the Pay2Win (since I don't feel like retyping it)
This is the good kind of drama.

Kylra
Dec 1, 2006

To the goons who just did the POMF excursion with me: I told you it was hardcore.

Kylra
Dec 1, 2006

Claim it during kidnapping hours. Just leave it unclicked when you log in, wait until 20:00, then open the menu, click end game, and instead of hitting "quit" click "rewards" and THEN claim it.

You have to be offline through an entire reset cycle, from 0:00 to 23:59, before you can get in the labor queue for any unbound I think.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kylra
Dec 1, 2006

I tried Swordsman for a bit, but the combat felt ultra blocky and didn't flow well. Am I doing something wrong?