Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

throw to first DAMN IT
Apr 10, 2007
This whole thread has been raging at the people who don't want Saracen invasion to their homes

Perhaps you too should be more accepting of their cultures
rip in peaches chinagame, was fun even if all the events required me to wake up at 4am. At least this vindicates my burnout.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

throw to first DAMN IT
Apr 10, 2007
This whole thread has been raging at the people who don't want Saracen invasion to their homes

Did the raids ever get gimmicks more exciting than stacking bunch of Tangmen on the boss so that it doesn't take two weeks to kill them?

throw to first DAMN IT
Apr 10, 2007

Saradiart posted:

Delamore and I count as multiple people due to how much fatter we are than you plebs.

Anyway,

I think the aspect I enjoyed most about Wushu was exploring, both the world and the game. With most modern games datamined to hell and back, there's not much mystery left in them but in Wushu not only was everything a mystery, they actually managed to convince you that the world was full of secrets to discover. It was fun to just wander around the world and discover new places. All the weird item descriptions/flavour texts just added to the charm and somehow I managed to not even get annoyed by the terrible translation because it somehow morphed into nostalgia for terrible 90s kung-fu movies.

Also, beating people up for their kung-fu secrets. Partying with whoopy made me almost the most evil person on the server.

throw to first DAMN IT
Apr 10, 2007

Did anyone ever figure out how to befriend Dongfang Shittin and what you got from doing that?

throw to first DAMN IT
Apr 10, 2007

http://imgur.com/a/KwkKC

Good times.

throw to first DAMN IT
Apr 10, 2007

I personally feel that big part Chinagame.exe's charm was how mysterious it all was. There was no datamining, no real wikis, translation was basically incomprehensible and mechanics were novel. It felt like playing 80s/90s terrible samurai film where anything was possible and world was full of stuff to discover. Maybe there's something totally new behind that hill, maybe that NPC in this random corner of map has something cool if I talk to him, maybe I'll learn a new flightskill if I hump this bird's nest for 48 hours, maybe I can befriend Dongfang Shiting by squatting next to him for a week.

More we learned about the game, less magical and more broken it became.

Even if Chinagame n+1 does eventually come out, it's not going to be as amazing simply because we are going to be more familiar with how it all works out.

I'll probably join it anyway.

throw to first DAMN IT
Apr 10, 2007

Unhappy Meal posted:

Fun note for later, Google doesn't care about your "." so add.ress@gmail.com goes to the same place as address@gmail.com, or a.d.d.r.e.s.s@gmail.com. I used this for all my Wushu alts so now I get a dozen emails all at once when they send out notifications. :toot:

I made a new gmail account for wushu and then later used that trick for my alts and no other gmail account I have has received as much phishing mail.

Delerion posted:

That's what all of us EU goons did with aow anyways back when.

Staying up till 8am on most days did get a bit straining.

Even so it was the best mmo i have played, haven't found similar since :(

I woke up at 4am for script stealing, flew around and went back to sleep. I was retarded. I also once sacrificed whoopy to save my script. Rip.

throw to first DAMN IT
Apr 10, 2007

randombattle posted:

You mean a company that wouldn't go "we found you cheating and banned you but we'll unban you for 4,000 dollars."

So you are saying that Lowtax shouldn't run mmo?

throw to first DAMN IT
Apr 10, 2007

Do you think it was the guy running the site trying to squeeze extra cash from him or rival site trying to muscle customers away from that site?

throw to first DAMN IT
Apr 10, 2007

What game is that?

throw to first DAMN IT
Apr 10, 2007

I had RG alt parked in Emei waterfall meditation place and if I was bored, I would send all the people AFKing there into the water far below. Good times.

throw to first DAMN IT
Apr 10, 2007

What's the latest chinagame.exe we are pining our hopes for?

throw to first DAMN IT
Apr 10, 2007

Haquer posted:

Nothing go play Runescape

throw to first DAMN IT
Apr 10, 2007

Hope is the first step on the road to disappointment.

throw to first DAMN IT
Apr 10, 2007

Well he's apparently banned now, I guess

throw to first DAMN IT
Apr 10, 2007

Third World Reagan posted:

I only repented once as a royal guard and I have no idea what I did for that.

quote:

Each school have their specific rules. Violating these rules will earn you Punishment Points (PP), once you have accumulated 100 PP,
you will be forced to repent at school's specified area, unable to do anything beside kneeling.

NOTE: You can also repent at specified area before your PP reaches 100. (-10 PP every 10 minutes)

Shaolin 少林 - Monk (7 rules)
● Did not wear proper clothing (+10 PP) [Naked while staying in school / city.
● Drink wine / beer (+10 PP)
● Kill a player from own school (+40 PP)
● Slaughter Value more than 2,000 (+20 PP)
● Kidnap a player (+10 PP)
● Rob a caravan (+10 PP)
● Prison Break (+30 PP)

Wudang 武当 (7 rules)
● Did not wear proper clothing (+10 PP)
● Sell a kidnapped player (+10 PP)
● Rob a caravan (+10 PP)
● Prison Break (+30 PP)

Emei 峨眉 (7 rules)
● Rob a caravan (+10 PP)
● Prison Break (+30 PP)

Gai Bang 丐帮 - Beggars Sect (6 rules)
● Rob a caravan (+10 PP)
● Prison Break (+30 PP)

Ji Le Gu 极乐谷 - Blissful / Wanderer's Valley (1 rule)

Jin Yi Wei 锦衣卫 - Royal Guards (2 rules)

Tang Men 唐门 (3 rules)

Jun Zi Tang 君子堂 - Scholars (7 rules)
● Rob a caravan (+10 PP)
● Prison Break (+30 PP)
lmbo imagine getting put into time out shame zone because you tried to earn some unbound silver

e: as opposed to getting put into shame wall for murdering your fellow school members but in my defense all Tang players were assholes

throw to first DAMN IT fucked around with this message at 16:32 on Apr 1, 2019

throw to first DAMN IT
Apr 10, 2007

RG was also great because I made an alt that I parked in Emei's meditation zone and if I was bored, I would switch to that and throw all the AFK people down the waterfall and if someone tried to fight me, I would just bounce in the air on the waterfall and they either had to run away or eventually get pulled in too.

throw to first DAMN IT
Apr 10, 2007

I think I got pretty friendly with Dongfang Shiting but I never really figured out what he actually liked, it was just constant stream of random gifts and doing things near him and sometimes he liked them and sometimes he hated them
Did befriending the NPCs actually do anything?

Collected the family tree too

throw to first DAMN IT
Apr 10, 2007

I made money by making million alt accounts that crunched poison stones together and I seriously should have just scammed people instead.
Then I bought something from that goon spreadsheet auction, shoes maybe?, concluded that I had won Wushu and stopped playing, thanks for putting the effort into crafting those.
Based on the emails I got later, someone hacked that account. I regret not selling it.

throw to first DAMN IT
Apr 10, 2007

There's an LP of Cultivation Rimworld game going on if you want to relive the experience or something.
https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3915034

throw to first DAMN IT
Apr 10, 2007

https://store.steampowered.com/app/1418100/Swords_of_Legends_Online/
anyone know anything about this one?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

throw to first DAMN IT
Apr 10, 2007

I was browsing Age of Wushu wiki for reasons and saw this and it's most Wushu thing:

quote:

A new button, My Home, has been added to the game. As a player gains access to his/her home, he/she can view home information, distribution of homes in the given area, and a list of friends who have permission to visit the home.

A home’s durability depends on the home style and level. If the durability reaches 0 a countdown of 30 days will start. If the durability remains 0 during these 30 days the house and everything in it will be lost permanently and the home location can be claimed by someone else. If the house was cleaned at least once the countdown will reset to 30 days.

The durability decreases as time goes by (for example a house can have a 2000 durability, which decreases by 4 points per hour) or if the house is vandalized: Player who do not have permission to enter someone’s home can pick a lock to enter that home. An uninvited guest can vandalize a home by spilling dirty water on the floor, lowering its durability.

To increase the durability the house must be cleaned by other players (you cannot clean it yourself) or by a cleaning NPC (cheapest one is 2 points/hour for 3 days for a price of 10L). A homeowner can grant a friend the permission to visit and clean his/her home. This permission can be revoked at any time.Once the permission is granted, the friend may visit the home and clean it to improve its durability.