Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mode 7
Jul 28, 2007

I vaguely remember dicking around with this at release with a facial expression close to :stare: as I read through the horribly translated text and punched bandits or whatever the hell I was doing. Flying skills were rad though.

Couple of quick questions:

1) All the new Schoolless faction stuff super confuses me. Are these like...advanced classes? Alternate classes? Are they powerful to the point where they should be where you're aiming to end up or is it fine to just stick with a School?

2) I'm Australian and my ping will probably suck horribly. Scholar still viable or would Tangmen be the way to go for dart funtimes?

3) Is there any (decent) PVE content in this game? With the timezone issues I don't know if I'd be able to make organised PvP crap.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mode 7
Jul 28, 2007

Tangmen class description in the OP posted:

Nevertheless, Tangmen are an incredibly easy class to play, especially for players with a lovely ping and are a great asset to any group PVP battle.

Well now I'm just confused. What'd be best then?

Mode 7
Jul 28, 2007

Whatever happened to everyone playing Swordsman Online? Did the game turn into a hilarious clusterfuck to the level of Age of Wushu or just not have any staying power?

I feel the need for a kung fu MMO in my life.

Mode 7
Jul 28, 2007

Hole Wolf posted:

It was really bad.

Please be looking forward to Moonlight Blade.

I unironically am.

Maybe I'll give Age of Wulin a shot.

(Please kill me.)

Mode 7
Jul 28, 2007

I hadn't seen this before - holy poo poo some of the background music is from Gallipoli of all things.... :aaaaa:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mode 7
Jul 28, 2007

I've been watching a bunch of classic kung fu cinema on Netflix and now I really miss this bizzare game that let me do group kung fu in a garden and vomit on people.