Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

GreatestNerdEver
Aug 3, 2007

Saradiart posted:

There are dungeons beyond the soloable version that actually drop skill sets and internals. These cannot be done with less players than the stated. So, if you want to farm goose forever, you absolutely can. If you want anything beyond that, you need the set number of players.

I assassinated people in dungeons beyond the solo dungeons, soloing those dungeons, and small groups in those dungeons. Soloing 12 man PCV and whatnot.

edit - in ixthuas video he even runs GCC 12 with only 3 people, there is no required minimum amount of people

GreatestNerdEver fucked around with this message at 12:36 on Jul 27, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GreatestNerdEver
Aug 3, 2007

Saradiart posted:

That's so bizarre because it's ixthua and some others from the CN servers who are relaying that information. Maybe it doesn't affect the new servers that have limits on internals and stuff?

I guess it's a possibility, or maybe somewhere along the way wires got crossed, I think they are just saying that the instance rework adjusts the instance sizes to 3/6/12, because I've seen no evidence of needing minimum amounts of players

and people are salty over the 3 man instance loot being bound

so yea move to china plz

GreatestNerdEver
Aug 3, 2007

Skion posted:

It's fun to poke around in chinagame again, but the malaysian servers seem dead as gently caress. I think our best bet is to jump in on the new china server that's coming in a month.

in the meantime the newest chinese server was released in june, is only on 3rd inners, and is very populated!

also I don't know for SURE if china is getting a new server but they have had a schedule of doing a new one every 2 months-ish and the last was on june 8th so

GreatestNerdEver
Aug 3, 2007

Hy_C posted:

This is next levels of retarded, I'm sitting this one out. Dealing with easy to get sets on par with Ancient Tai-Chi while having terrible ping. Wow sounds like fun!

it's actually pretty fun, you can get your ping down to around 120-130ish, which while not ideal is fun enough

ancient taichi doesn't factor in very much since the chinese pop out new servers left and right so people rush them for the fun content (up to 3rd, I guess 4th inners) then people migrate to the next new hotness

also I am not sure what sets you are referring to that are easy to get and are on par with ATC

GreatestNerdEver
Aug 3, 2007

Hy_C posted:

Sorry mis-remembered the post, still.

well the enhanced basic school sets are viable as hell and could probably compete with ancients, especially breeze and long boxing

also the game is fun when not run into the ground by snailUSA, VIP is 5 dollars, and the translation works well enough for most important things

and no cash sets

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GreatestNerdEver
Aug 3, 2007
as the broke-brained person who still enjoys this poo poo heap of a game, I've certainly wasted 20 dollars on other things and gotten much less entertainment from them

nothing will bring back how fun it was when it started, but the pvp is still enjoyable. combined with all the new schools, subsects, and jianghu sets, you can find something fun that lets you fight with a poo poo ping

just don't play malaysia or NA, china is where the fun is