Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

FebrezeNinja
Nov 22, 2007

Copying old guide links to this post as I find them. The old thread should stay alive for a long time so just let me know if it gets archived. Also let me know if you want anything linked here.

CN School preview feature

Random Encounter Alarm

Gold/Jade gear guide

Some Hua Quality of Life changes: [1] [2]

Emei 3rd quest guide

Example cutscenes
4th scroll unlock world event
Monkey Style
A tale of losing one's nuts

And just some random pictures and random encounter chats.

The start of the best month for GTC. Yanjing became the city of gifs.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nWq0unan_Cs
This game has a great soundtrack: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLkUt7ryvyfYOK3vaHRqit27iPI2_ZLrmh

Third World Reggin posted:

A reminder of times of yore. Hearts and minds.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FqqkcRXmjm0

Somebody find the lemon party stuff. Edit: Thanks, Grithok (see below)

People get very mad at this game.
the late TaraShifu: [1] [2] [3]

kingcee: [1]

Scholar chat?

Some things never change (12 months ago)

Hemlock's meltdown. Followup: He outbid himself with his alt and forgot for five days

Chartreuse:

Haquertal:

whoopy:

FebrezeNinja fucked around with this message at 02:52 on Apr 30, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FebrezeNinja
Nov 22, 2007

SketchesOfSpain01 posted:

I'll go ahead and sign up then this weekend. This seems like a blast. I understand that it is free-to-play, but what tangible benefits lie in the subscription model?

1) Train skills while offline
2) Eligible for Random Encounters (get you rare items)
3) Can get silver from kidnapping (tradable money)
4) More free stuff from events.
5) More cultivation (used for training) per tick.
6) More training per team practice (kung-fu dancing)
7) Double bank space
8) Can use in-game GM chat for complaints
9( Can beat up NPC Heroes for treasure and scrolls

FebrezeNinja
Nov 22, 2007

SynthOrange posted:

Lollin at #8. No one is ever on the phone.

How bad is account security these days? Worse? Improved? Business as usual?

There was a something a few months ago and many inactive accounts are cleaned out. You still hear some losses. I'd recommend doing Matrix Auth for some two-factor.

FebrezeNinja
Nov 22, 2007

Haquer posted:

Looks like the login server for Blue Dragon (maybe others) is currently down. Had to relog due to my client eating 80%+ of my GPU while doing nothing and now I can't get back in :china:

Yeah we tried to warn you but you closed immediately. It's been down for a few hours and they've been spamming announcements. Don't buy gold right now by the way.

FebrezeNinja
Nov 22, 2007

Shuffling translations, dongfang is either "the east" or "the East" so let's guess Korea/Japan.

FebrezeNinja
Nov 22, 2007

Wow, their main forum is somehow dumber than usual.

They still haven't posted the existing server launch events, either.

Maintenance topic finally up: http://www.ageofwushu.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=22183&sid=8781fdf8ade4873084b3984ff19e90e7

FebrezeNinja
Nov 22, 2007

I've been using Amazon since they added it. Just make sure you select Blue Dragon on the right dropdown on the payment screen.

There's a returning players link or two starting tomorrow if you look through the launch events page4.

FebrezeNinja
Nov 22, 2007

Haquer posted:

It was looked over and we now think it's for Tier-6 gear and whatever else came with it. Hopefully that's right because gently caress me do I hate those world events.

The first few of the second result are Yanmen Pass so probably the higher difficulties there.

E: and probably not this expansion?

FebrezeNinja
Nov 22, 2007

So some launch events are finally up.

Silver Giveaway!
players who have reached at least Untapped Potential may receive a task from the Event Ambassador in every major city. Complete the task for a Gift Card reward. Use the Gift Card between the hours of 21:00 – 22:00 to receive a random amount of Silver or Pills!

Airborne Scavenger Hunt
There are two difficulties for this event, novice players should select easy mode while veterans should select hard mode. Each difficulty will provide different rewards. Once the task has been accepted, players will receive a unique event “Flying Skill” buff. Follow the instructions provided to search for Jade Pendants.Collect all Jade Pendants and complete the task objectives to receive rewards! Notes: After accepting the event task, players may not use mounts, carts or Windrider potions.

Tempest of Strife Token Collection
Age of Wushu Tempest of Strife (Hard): Collect “九(Age)”“阴(of)”“真(Wu)”“经(Shu)”“天(Tempest)”“下(of)”“变(Strife)”tokens to complete the task. Tianyuan Soul Gathering Pill *5, Juedi Horse (15 Days), Tempest of Strife Treasure Box*1
Tokens may be obtained during Faction Challenges and Forbidden Instance Challenges through Exotic Gift Box and Exotic Gift Box (Refined) drops.

Winds of Discord – The Hunt for Liu Zhengyu
Event Date:15:30-16:30, 21:30-22:30 every day from May 7 to May 21 2014*All times are in CDT, Server Time.
During the event period, the “Exploring Jianghu” feature will be modified. All disciples of the 8 schools will transform into active BOSS mob Liu Zhengyu NPCs. These mobs have a chance to drop the “Demon Banishing Order”Using this item, players will be taken to the Heart of the Devil instance and given the “All thoughts turn to dust”buff. Only players who are no longer protected by Novice Protection will be able to enter the instance. Players also must not be a participant in any other activity states.
“Demon Banishing Order”has the duration of one day.
The buff “All thoughts turn to dust”will increase damage dealt dramatically and decrease damage taken greatly.
The usage of “Demon Banishing Order”to enter the Heart of the Devil instance will not add a count to the entrance limit for the instance.

For a duration of two weeks starting from the point of character creation, players shall be able to directly buy the Rare Treasure Gift Box via the Orientation Events Run on the Old Servers.

FebrezeNinja
Nov 22, 2007

There was a breach in December or January. No info given, but we assume a full loss of login info.

FebrezeNinja
Nov 22, 2007

askas posted:

Yes, after betraying my WV meridian was still 144. My school internals and skills are all completely gone as well. Another thing to note is when I tried to betray it gave me an error stating I couldn't be a deacon, elder, headmaster and that I had to remove my treasures. This literally means you need to remove your treasures.

I wonder if the position requirements apply to other methods. Anyone tried? Otherwise I'm stuck for a while.

Mr.Pibbleton posted:

Dug up a treasure from the curtain interface, apparently I can trade them in at jinling.
Yeah I forgot to copy that one. Anything exciting?

FebrezeNinja
Nov 22, 2007

Mr.Pibbleton posted:

Collect 2 dragon bones, 10 wanderer's miraculous medicine and 2 aged vinegar (might be shanxi) for incognito.

dragonbone stone from school points, 10 brave-heart purifying liquor, shanxi mature vinegar, 10 Jile drug (poisonmaker).

The Jile is easy at least, gaulth and toilet paper. Is brave heart the 700 HP pill you can get from egg breaking?

FebrezeNinja
Nov 22, 2007

Akeenai, I misread. It's not 12 hours, It's 12:00 on Sunday.

To get into the moving flowers zone you have to do a longer, modified version of the WV designs quest, though there might be new hidden requirements.

FebrezeNinja
Nov 22, 2007

There's a new class of items I don't understand to reduce the cost of an enchantment by 2 to 10 L. Haven't seen alternatives for binding powder.

FebrezeNinja
Nov 22, 2007

Everyone returning should replace both passwords.

Also there's an odd new feature I didn't notice until a new character. Click the clock icon next to the 2nd password field after putting it in. You can declare a slow time for normal and/or new MAC logins where you can't 2nd password up to 60 minutes. Just if you never play on other machines and want to inconvenience possible hackers?:shrug:

FebrezeNinja
Nov 22, 2007

I'm not sure that's so much messing up as an intentional break.

FebrezeNinja
Nov 22, 2007

That's unavoidable, there's always a kidnapping cooldown to keep people from constantly sweeping clean all targets. Not that it helped.

Kidnapping during the 2 hours in the designated city and turning into the dark-minded trafficker and justice doctor give around 30 minute cooldowns, but that's the only way.

If you can kidnap all day, it's best to turn into the same buyer every hour since it increases the maximum amount you can get.

FebrezeNinja
Nov 22, 2007

deathrat posted:

So uhh, just rolled a character and I didn't pick a school, what should I do to get into the guild? it says I'm not in any of the allowed Schools to apply.

Actually I don't think our recruit requirements allow vagrants and someone might need to fix that.

Iowa posted:

My friend and I both tried kidnapping around 1 AM, and no longer received unbound. So I don't know what's going on with that.

Confirming. Maybe it's turned on from 20:00 to reset?

FebrezeNinja
Nov 22, 2007

You could use the certs after to rebuy 2nd internal for meridians.

Kylra posted:

What are these daily tasks from the bank room that give unbound? The martial arts gift certificate thing is temporary right?

One week I think.

FebrezeNinja fucked around with this message at 18:10 on May 9, 2014

FebrezeNinja
Nov 22, 2007

Bauxite posted:

I could find GoonTangClan last night but couldn't join because I'm a vagrant. Now I can't even find GoonTangClan.
Click the checkbox circle in the upper right with the blue swirl?

FebrezeNinja
Nov 22, 2007

Kylra posted:

That sounds like a weird way to go even for chinagame.

I like that the title for its strength level is apparently Recover Your Original Simplicity.

FebrezeNinja
Nov 22, 2007

Just to record the random stuff I'm looking through for Disguise

1) Meet the guy with Red Fish Noodle Soup. Can't have a school title.
2) Give 2 dragon bone stone, 2 shanxi mature vinegar, 10 of the 700HP hour pill (Brave Heart-Purifying?), 10 Jile Drug.
3) Open the furnace 2 days later, go back.
From this point forward, all but one step can have money thrown at it to skip, marked as [].
4) Chalcedony. Drops at low rate from Old Package dropped off Loulan trash in Northern Desert. Easy [400L]
5) Purple Ice Silver Needle. Drops off bosses in PCV or LMI. [600L]
6a) 15 Ice Silk. Drops off the female boss(es) in GCC, PCV, LMI. [50L each]
6b) Blood Swallow's Nest. Found in Yanyu Villa [N/A]
7) Anesthetic (Ma Fo Powder). Found in random treasure chests. [1D]
8) Linggu Grass. Must be purchased. [1.8D]
9) Tibetan Dzi Beads. Dropped from faction challenge A-rank rewards [1D]
10) 10 Thousand Turtle-Dove Poison Serum, 10 Heart Corroding Poison Powder, 5 Red Fish Noodle Soup

Now you can do the actual face-shaping/makeup/etc for 150L+.

There is also an RE shop that sells this stuff for 100L or 200L cheaper. Does not sell Ice Silk.

FebrezeNinja
Nov 22, 2007

Cao Ni Ma posted:

The game is asking me to get pebbled silk for one of the influence dailies but there is nothing with that name in the game. So many of our influence quests are hosed up with wrong translations rendering them almost impossible to finish.
Flipping through the text files real quick, get a tailor to try Fan Brocade. One of those weird fabrics for 3 coarse + 3 flax.

E: no i have no idea how that at all resembles Pebbled Silk but that's what the CN line reference half-translates as.

FebrezeNinja fucked around with this message at 14:46 on May 16, 2014

FebrezeNinja
Nov 22, 2007

It's a resource extractor I downloaded off our wiki ages ago and in codepage-busted Chinese. I think It's called WushuRead.

Most of that group of task items looked to be simple or processed gathering stuff.

It's a mixed bag on that translation front. For a lot of old stuff like that brocade or most poisons they just translate the main noun and drop or transliterate the rest. Like Jile Drug was accidentally translated when a new quest wanted it as Bliss Drug or something. On the other hand Ant Silk is literal probably. Maybe grow silkworms?

I'll look again when I'm on this evening. Couldn't figure the task listing system earlier.

FebrezeNinja
Nov 22, 2007

Other odd task items, lemme know if you need more.

Linen = Flax
Mottled Cotton = Mottled Muslin
Muslin = Solid Color Muslin
Fiber Cloth = Sisal Cloth
Pebbled Silk = Fan Brocade
Milkweed = Dogbane (aka Apocnyum Seed aka Kender plant.)
Ant Silk = Newly-Hatched Silk
Sand Silk = Lobworm Silk
Nut Grass = Water Chestnut
Olive = Osthmantus

Random note: holy hell there's 46 other kinds of silk that I don't think are in the game. Add "Silk" to each of these.
Castor, Mulberry, Sinica, Tussah, Chestnut, Ailanthus, Cloud, Cassava, Maple, Willow, Tallow, Sandalwood, Pine, Peach Blossom, Purple Potato, Lily, Cypress Silkworm, Scholartree, Laurel, Black, Oak, Lovesickness, Tung Oil, Fir, Nanmu, Elm, Poplar, Bell, Eucalyptus, Apricot, Linden, Catalpa, Smoke Tree, Birch, Tear, Light, Ice, Fire, Golden, Silver, Tiger, Noctilucent, Heaven, Jade, Amber, Bamboo, Black

vvv
Only ten, oddly. Rug, White, Red, Grass, Wooden, Long Stapled, Medium, Woolen, Cloud, and Colored Cotton.

FebrezeNinja fucked around with this message at 02:51 on May 31, 2014

FebrezeNinja
Nov 22, 2007

For Emei just bug in school chat, there's usually someone. I might too.

FebrezeNinja
Nov 22, 2007

Xu's internal is 6 + level so it's a school 1st internal equivalent.

Forer posted:

stuff so you can spend SOMETHING to buy certs (please don't let me be right on what I think something is)
If I'm reading the files right, six packs in two sets of 3? Yep it's taels. Whole Silver I guess.
24L, 100L, 144L, 35L, 129L, 310L
I'm not sure if I can see how many are in each. The descriptions are wonderfully vague, huh.

FebrezeNinja
Nov 22, 2007

Pretty sure that's the next expansion based off old rumors. Also whatever this Sky Ladder stuff is. No idea if It's the class 6 gear one.

FebrezeNinja
Nov 22, 2007

This is your monthly reminder that Hua tickets will be on sale in Suzhou for 50 L tonight between 1800 and 2100. Excursions and betrayals might make the fights more interesting. I'll be out of town, though.

FebrezeNinja
Nov 22, 2007

Saradiart posted:

Do Thimbles actually increase the POMF skillset? Someone mentioned that they might not.

Blacksmithing ones do, but poison-making ones get parry endurance instead. I'm surprised I haven't seen more trade in them for people using non-pomf unarmed sets.

FebrezeNinja
Nov 22, 2007

I hear the box for six completions of a faction gets one token, and there's a daily instance run quest for bonus tokens.

FebrezeNinja
Nov 22, 2007

You have to check the circle on the upper-right with the swirl thing before searching for some dumb reason.
Haq, might want to add that to the op.

FebrezeNinja
Nov 22, 2007

Haquer posted:

Done! Didn't know that, since I don't recall it working that way when I applied last March but who knows it's been a loving year and why am I still playing a china game :smithicide:

It's because we accept Vagrants now.
I don't know why that needs a checkbox.

FebrezeNinja
Nov 22, 2007

Kylra posted:

Claim it during kidnapping hours. Just leave it unclicked when you log in, wait until 20:00, then open the menu, click end game, and instead of hitting "quit" click "rewards" and THEN claim it.

You have to be offline through an entire reset cycle, from 0:00 to 23:59, before you can get in the labor queue for any unbound I think.

No, I'm pretty sure I've gotten it with something like 15 hours offline before. Very rarely, though.

FebrezeNinja
Nov 22, 2007

Yeah my eyebrows seems more accurate about air, at least the first hit. Second is still bad.

Just a quick note since I hadn't seen it mentioned: excursion doesn't lock your fourth set, despite the wording of the npc and the website. Just lowers it to 4 like the others. And every internal lowered to 30, which sucks for tangmen. It tracks your cap and level of each skill and internal as of when you excursioned.

FebrezeNinja
Nov 22, 2007

All school internals above 30 down to that; all school skills above 4 down to that.

SweetBro posted:

Where does one get Jade Fragments? How many times can you usually use a workbench before it expires?

1) certain cash shop boxes that have been out since that patch but will probably be back later.

2) All workshops last six hours. T1 looms and benches can make six items, T2 can make five. Both tiers of blocks make two items, but you only get like ten minutes of leeway with a t2.

FebrezeNinja
Nov 22, 2007

SweetBro posted:

Same rules apply to Herbalist pot, I presume?

Not at quite. Furnaces last an hour and each make is five minutes. It rounds to the minute,so if you're on the ball you can do twelve makes. Third and fourth recipes are the same times.

vv E: I'm probably wrong then. It's been a while.

FebrezeNinja fucked around with this message at 20:09 on May 30, 2014

FebrezeNinja
Nov 22, 2007

Do you all even have mangle tangs yet? How long have second inner s been out?

FebrezeNinja
Nov 22, 2007

Well if you've taken some sort of life skill you should be able to apply at a guild administrator, in beggars or a city.

We don't really have our own voice chat anymore. And just use an ally's one. Someone in guild chat should be able to give the details.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FebrezeNinja
Nov 22, 2007

Unfortunately the wiki was lost when the person hosting it disappeared and then the domain expired. Never managed to contact them. If you do some google searching you might be able to find bits of the public pages people copied off. Or maybe they got web archived at some point? Google cache has purged them by now.

People have considered restarting one but there's so much lost work that nobody has the time to rewrite.

Do you have any particular questions?