Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ponzicar
Mar 17, 2008
NPC quests and spying reward you with pills that add 300 points to the skill you're cultivating. So there's actually a reason to go for 10/10 intelligence pieces now. There's a daily limit though.

You can now buy page 3s and 4s of some sets with jade points. The instance sets like gcc palm and drift sand have page 4s, and the other sets like snow palm and crazed demon staff have page 3s.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ponzicar
Mar 17, 2008
Other undocumented new stuff:
There are training scrolls for mantis fist and demon heart chain hand, that can bring them above level 3. Haven't seen any for soul stealing sting yet.

You can use up to 100 of those new 300 cultivation pills every day, and you can get 20 for each regular cart you run. This will make it a lot easier for guild leaders to get funds, since there's now real rewards for doing them.

You instantly jump onto your Horse when you call it, and it calls it automatically if you try to autopath somewhere.

There are pages 8 and 9 for arhat fist, there are only 25 boxes and it costs 200 break weapons.

School arrays are in. Costs peerless tokens and honor certs, sold by the guy with the 4th set pages.

ponzicar fucked around with this message at 07:31 on May 8, 2014

ponzicar
Mar 17, 2008
I got unbound from kidnapping during the greedy human trafficker event even though I was in the wrong city. So it's not entirely gone.

ponzicar
Mar 17, 2008

HapiMerchant posted:

OK I was requested to do a basic write up of Shen (aka HERR DOKTORS)

GETTING IN
Unless you're a saint, buckle up.

If you're a good guy, you might get an RE. No clue how this works I'm afraid.

If you've been a BAD BOY you gotta get a certificate letting you in. You do this by gathering a buncha materials for the Shen. The mats are the 3 basics of each gathering, so in my case (mining), I had to gather 150 Lead ore, 150 Copper ore, and 150 iron ore. All total, around 1.5 hours of grind. Do this, and you'll be in.

Now enjoy a quick tour of the Shen grounds, and you'll be doing the intro quests. this is mostly showing off how shens are outward assholes but secret good guys.

Once you're fully in, you'll have your inner to a max of 5 and the skills to a max of 3. Grats, you're a doctor!

GETTING STRONGER
Certs. You get 20 certs a day for your daily, in addition to ~6k Rep (more on this later). You can also get 5 certs every time you bring a rare herb to the Shen (this happens 20:30 to 22:00 daily, gotta troop it from suzhou/wherever to chengdu on foot, no teles or anything). Doing the herbs also gets you a once a day 50K insta-cult pill, so do it at least once.

I WANNA ATTACH DONGS I HEARD ABOUT THIS WHAT GIVES

Gotta get medical points. You can only do this after around 3 days of daily rep grind, so get going. Once you can get these, you can get 500 a day. Max. these are used up in performing buffs and dong attachment/meridian opening, so be smart with it. No clue how you actually get these at the moment, more to come soon.

ONLY THE TOP TEN CAN REATTACH DONGS, ONLY THE NUMERO UNO CAN PUNCH MERIDIANS OPEN

By punching meridians and sewing dongs, Med points are spent (at quite a high cost). Since Shens can only get 500 points a day, this naturally means the number of punched meridians is highly limited. Sekrit NT and GTC agents in Shen are hard at work negotiating a potential revolving door policy for the number one spot

The herb transporting event can be done by anyone from any school or faction to get that cultivation pill. 50k points takes roughly five hours away from whatever you're cultivating. It functions like script stealing, so someone can kill you to steal it. NPC thieves will randomly spawn and hit you with slowing darts, but they have very few hitpoints and give you a 2 minute speed buff when you kill them. You can do this event multiple times, but can only eat one pill a day.

ponzicar
Mar 17, 2008

HapiMerchant posted:

Another thing to note. You're SUPPOSED to have a massive speed debuff on you when you have the herb on you, and the debuff is supposed to apply to your horse as well.

HOWEVER because chinagame, if you mount your horse and DONT USE A HORSE SKILL, your horse moves at its default speed (aka 10.5 for guild ones). Through autismal testing, I've worked out that if you do this herb thing as much as you can, you can get an herb from suzhou to chengdu every 10 minutes. The herbs last until 22:00, but they stop respawning around 21:30, so you can get at least 30 or so certs as a Shen if you full-autism mode it.

The debuff also stuns you randomly, and I think the description said it also raised your defense, although I didn't notice a difference. When I did it, it was in the farm on the west side of Yanjing, so it's one of those events that's in a different place every day. Is the location listed anywhere, or is there a pattern? Or do I just have to keep my eyes open for an announcement that doesn't even show up in any of your chat windows or system logs?

ponzicar
Mar 17, 2008
The npc patrol quest is a bit confusing. First you get the daily patrol quest, then you turn on patrol mode. Go to one of the spawn spots, get the quest from the npc there, and kill the spies that spawn. Go turn in that quest to the guy it says to. Your patrol mission gets updated, and you can return to the school intelligence officer for your reward.

Also, I heard that doing carts while in a team with a an evil character is a good way to farm evil points.

ponzicar fucked around with this message at 21:04 on May 11, 2014

ponzicar
Mar 17, 2008
The year monsters are still up, and those give a ton of Jade points as well.

ponzicar
Mar 17, 2008

Kylra posted:

I only have a jade coat and can't get school contribution gear due to incognito. Is there an alternative To school gear now?.

In the suzhou tailor there are daily faction and instance quests that give out decent newbie gear.

ponzicar
Mar 17, 2008

Ratoslov posted:

Demon Soul-Chasing Blade is relatively cheap right now. What is it? Is it Yang-Hard External?

EDIT: The trick to Excursions: The VIP box from doing a faction 6 times is guarenteed to have a Excursion token. I don't know if this is all factions or just Renowned or higher ones, but the important thing is that while there is a chance of a token in the treasure boxes from getting A ranking, it's very low.

I think it's faction numbers 25 and below. So everything except for tier 1, going by exploring jianghu rankings.

ponzicar
Mar 17, 2008

KittyEmpress posted:

What counts as a faction to complete? And where can I get the daily instance run quest?

The npc at your school for excursion gives 2 daily quests. One for gcc that gives 4, and one for yanmen pass that gives 6. Faction numbers 25 and below have one certificate in the chest from beating one six times in one day, and they are a rare drop from the prize chests in the factions themselves.

I have also seen them from boss chests in gcc. The sullen wooden box is wood quality, so make sure to set the roll quality to wood items.

ponzicar fucked around with this message at 22:38 on May 20, 2014

ponzicar
Mar 17, 2008
One thing to remember is that you can kidnap in any scene for unbound from 20:00 to 24:00. So you can still get a tiny bit, even if the city the human trafficker is in that day gets cleaned out in minutes.

This kidnapping change is a free economics lesson in why deflation is a bad thing.

ponzicar
Mar 17, 2008

Forer posted:

The economy is always kinda in a mess, but because wushu doesn't really have reasonable money creation or meatsinks. Think about the source of monies in wushu.

Where do you get a ding.

You can either:
A. Kidnap during the restricted times for, like, 15 liang tops.
B. open credit cards and get lucky after hours.
C. buy it from snail at a horrible price.

That's where money comes from, which isn't too bad in a vaccum, but the issue is where money goes.

You lose money as it's gifted to NPC for quests and quests and quests. You buy minor buffs in exploring jianghu for 1 liang each or from the tornado event right now OR from fog, praying takes 20 liang, upgrading equipment costs items you have to buy with unbound liang, a lot of it. Posession will give you red armor if you buy items for unbound. So much liang is burned through normal usage that is literally vanished into nothingness. Because there's so few outlets that the game will give you unbound liang, and so many important outlets for where unbound liang goes, people want to try to make money from scarcity of products which nobody can do because people can't get the money in the first place.

The economy was always a mess, but because one of the only real reliable sources of income (kidnapping) dropped how often you can do it, people are trying to raise their prices hoping to cover their problems acting like it will help when they're just reducing the velocity of money SO MUCH that nobody can buy anything.

I THINK this is a good summary, someone else want to throw in to the mix?

Edit: Note, I'm not talking about where you lose money, like you buy a tai-chi fragment. That's you buying an item worth whatever and them getting however much money which is okay. I'm talking about where money is deleted from the game.

You forgot about there being an automatic 5% tax on every transaction between players. So even regular trading makes money disappear.

ponzicar
Mar 17, 2008

madmario posted:

Eh. Deflation is generally a good sign--I'm with Milton Friedman on that. I'd say, rather, this is an object lesson in how central planning is a bad economic policy.

A ready example--cell phones are much more affordable than say 20 or 30 years ago. That is deflation--prices going down. Ostensible environmental concerns aside a moment--the wider access to cell phones is a good thing, and enriches society.

In the game sense, often in these kind of games certain items get cheaper and easier to get over time. That is deflation--prices going down.

The present situation--this is reducing the supply of money, while some costs are fixed, such as for the minimum taels to jail a person, or the minimum 150 taels to get the weekly martial arts practice bonus. That is central planning. The problem isn't deflation per se--if all costs could deflate, it wouldn't be as big of a deal. But they won't.

If you hate this economy as a red blooded American, that's natural. It's central planning with a pretend free market.

How many bitcoins do you own?

Back on topic, I found you can still get evil points by running carts. You have to be grouped with an already evil player, and be near him or her when the cart finishes. So that means you need three characters in your team. One to stand next to, the other to run the carts.

ponzicar
Mar 17, 2008
I've noticed that since the expansion came out, arhat fist's knockup and piledriver combo is working a lot more often. Is lotus palm's combo working now as well?

ponzicar
Mar 17, 2008
For poison at least, the workshops last an hour. The lower tier workshop recipes take 5 minutes to make, and the higher tier recipes take ten minutes each. And you can get a full 12 or 6 batches out of them if you don't waste any time.

ponzicar
Mar 17, 2008
I've had a non vip alt get a Mt. Hua invite from the Mad Taoist about ten minutes after I had made the character.

ponzicar
Mar 17, 2008
Seems like there's enough interest in swordsman for it to have its own thread. What is the process for getting into the beta?

Also, Wushu question: Someone got green bamboo snake wine from an RE. It says to collect 110 of them and go to a loc in luoyang, along with something about learning arhat fist. Anyone know what the rewards for this are? Seems like it could either be an alternate way to get the page 7/9s, or possibly even page tens.

ponzicar
Mar 17, 2008
Now that everyone has ancient tai chi, 9 palaces, and those sets that suck everyone in, guild wars are my least favorite part of the game. I don't mind dying repeatedly, but being unable to even move gets old fast.

ponzicar
Mar 17, 2008
At this point a basement operation would be a step up. I think the entirety of SnailUSA is a P.O. box in some strip mall Fedex store in the midwest.

ponzicar
Mar 17, 2008
I tried swordsman to level 30; felt like I was on a leash the whole time. Was giving me too many Everquest flashbacks.

So how overpowered is the new cash shop dagger set?

ponzicar
Mar 17, 2008
So, the expansion events just finished. Anyone figure out how to make the tier 6 gear?

ponzicar
Mar 17, 2008
It looks like that npc in the suzhou mortuary now gives out a quest for an item that lets you convert five aggregate pages into pure yang swords.

Can class 6 gold and jade stuff be rerolled like usual?

ponzicar
Mar 17, 2008
Yeah, the game was almost balanced, back when everyone's gear sucked and most everyone was using the basic three school sets and inners. It feels like the base game was made by different people than the designers currently in charge, or at least management made them crank up the pay2win factor once they saw how much money the game was pulling in.

ponzicar
Mar 17, 2008
I'm enjoying it, although with 33 ping my experience may be better than most. Still, the pairings are often absurdly uneven.

It's still fun to fight 1v1 against people other than the usual crowd in front of the chengdu bank.

ponzicar
Mar 17, 2008
It looks like battlefields use the same cross server system that skyladder uses, and the drop rate for the battlefield equipment seems higher.

Now I'm wondering whether invasion is still broken, or if nobody bothers signing up anymore.

ponzicar
Mar 17, 2008
Watching Mt. Hua can apparently raise skills to level 7 now, at least if you already had them levelable up to 5.

ponzicar
Mar 17, 2008
Their business model is based on exploiting the big spending addicts. All us non pay2win peons are only allowed in the game to give them someone to feel superior to.

ponzicar
Mar 17, 2008

angerbot posted:

Just logged in to have a look and yeah, BD is pretty dead. Like 10 stalls in Chengdu.

Things aren't nearly that bad on White Tiger.

I guess this means I'm the last goon still actively playing?

ponzicar
Mar 17, 2008

PassiveSentence posted:

I dedicate this post to the Noble AllanGordon, deemed too goony for goons, wherein upon his expulsion was decided via Google document.
:patriot:

What are the power blocs over in WT?

There's Deity and their allies of Jade and Littlemasters on one side, versus Vanguard, Mofu, and Startrack on the other. Deity is the biggest guild on the server; they're the first in NA to reach guild level 5, as far as I know.

ponzicar
Mar 17, 2008
The game in the first few months was amazing, before they revealed the depths of pay2win that they would sink to. When everyone was using basic school sets and wearing random iron and copper gear, the game almost felt balanced. Now you're supposed to sink several thousand dollars on ancient sets, class 6 jade gear, and jianghu inners? gently caress that.

ponzicar
Mar 17, 2008

Hole Wolf posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9RUU6SocSr0

Suzhou should have been the main city.

It was on Red Phoenix. It migrated there when the bug that stopped people from opening stalls screwed up Chengdu. It went back after the merge with White Tiger though.

ponzicar
Mar 17, 2008
Fast fighting and real flying skills. Unlike Swordsman, that may actually tear me away from Wushu. Especially if the devs actually care about things like game balance.

ponzicar
Mar 17, 2008
The new instance is even worse. Six bosses with instant kill gimmicks. The last one has a one minute long phase where he does huge damage to anyone standing on the ground. The room you fight him in has a very low ceiling. Snail really is something special.

ponzicar
Mar 17, 2008
I may be the last one left. I am on White Tiger, which I don't think is as dead as Blue Dragon.

You can still have some fun with the game, but the pvp can often suck thanks to all the pay2win bullshit they've added since the game came out.

ponzicar fucked around with this message at 15:39 on Dec 9, 2014

ponzicar
Mar 17, 2008
The PvE in Wushu is unique, to say the least. A raid instance where everyone has to stand around doing nothing while the leader completes confusing, poorly translated storyline quests, followed by hp sponge boss fights with confusing gimmicks. It reminds me of the stuff I'd play as a kid in the 90s, back before there were commonly accepted guidelines of game design.

ponzicar
Mar 17, 2008
This is one mmo that desperately needs player run servers. Do wushu server emulators exist in China?

ponzicar
Mar 17, 2008
So I'm sticking around to see the effects of the merge and 5th inners before finally quitting for good. The last nail in the coffin for me was getting a full time job, but the sheer bullshit of the high end pay2win skills are the real culprit. And it makes me wonder just how hosed up the lives of the pay2wins must be for them to spend thousands on this game, and yet still play it 24/7 without ever logging off for work.

So who are the good/bad guilds of BD? My guild seems to have become enemies with Rebellion already.

ponzicar
Mar 17, 2008
The more content they release for the game, the stronger the pay2win players get compared to everyone else. Their class 6 jade disables you when landing a hit and lets them ignore the effects from your inferior armor, their skills have a poo poo ton of red armor and massive area of effect crowd control that overrides even yellow armor, and their hits all take away massive chunks of your life. The only options left are to either mortgage your house to buy taels, or to avoid pvp entirely. And since the newly added pve stuff is the same grind of poorly translated quests and hp sponge instant kill gimmick bosses, there's really nothing left in the game for me.

ponzicar
Mar 17, 2008
So what are the names of the guilds in your summary?

Coming from the perspective of a Red Phoenix/White Tiger player, all major remaining guilds are indistinguishable pay2win assholes.

I logged back on for a few minutes on Saturday, just to say hello to my old guildmates. I almost had fun until I fought against someone with ancient tai chi and a maxed out jianghu inner.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ponzicar
Mar 17, 2008
It's run by Snail. Expect anything good in it to be ruined by ridiculous pay2win bullshit.