Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

randombattle
Oct 16, 2008

This hand of mine shines and roars! It's bright cry tells me to grasp victory!

KittyEmpress posted:

If it weren't for goons, this game would be really bad and boring. I can see why it has such a low population - if you don't go in with a big group of pre-existing friends, there's a long time where you wont be doing anything. Ever.

I think if it weren't for goons the only people who would be playing it are the 6 pay to win people and their army of alts.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

randombattle
Oct 16, 2008

funakupo posted:

There are 92 people playing through Steam; that is some terrible numbers. There are more Steam users playing Ragnarok Online than AoW. They really couldn't have hosed that Steam launch up further could they..

Steam also fucks up for me and only counts me playing when I'm in the launcher. As soon as the game starts steam thinks I quit the game.

randombattle
Oct 16, 2008

Haquer posted:

This was the greatest disappointment of the entire stream :smith:

I wasn't expecting much but man it still disappointed.

randombattle
Oct 16, 2008

Sounds like a rad expansion and I look forward to wushu getting it in like a year.

randombattle
Oct 16, 2008

What if instead of merging servers they made more! :eng101:

randombattle
Oct 16, 2008

angerbot posted:

I kind of wonder what a typical day is like for Snail Games USA

Lots of chinese 101 classes I imagine.

randombattle
Oct 16, 2008

GreatestNerdEver posted:

I took another look at the marketplace on the chinese server, there are indeed (at least copper and silver quality) recipes for rulers, flutes, and the pretty girl weapon type, which are brass knuckles. Not using the proper weapon type makes you do 30% less damage. Gonna have to figure out a way to get them on patch day, maybe gold points?

Earthquake was saying that there are vendors in the schools that sell them during the stream but I dunno if he knew what he was talking about or what. I'd imagine they will pop up there as well like everything else.

Also why does the pretty girls get brass knuckles what that doesn't seem right.

randombattle
Oct 16, 2008

I think I'm gonna give up trying to get like 400 sheepskin before tomorrow. Just not happening and I don't have 3d to buy them. :negative:

randombattle
Oct 16, 2008

Bauxite posted:

I'm sort of at an impasse right now. I made a new account and new character, and now I'm at the point where I would normally pick a school, but what I eventually want to be is golden needle sect. Would it be a tremendous pain to pick a school and then swap over, or would it be easier to just sit and cultivate and wait for tomorrow? Do I need to go to joining a school first anyway?

Wait literally one day and you can join the vagrants and get stuff no one else is going to get cause no one wants to lose their school skills.

randombattle
Oct 16, 2008

Haquer posted:

Seriously, there is a very small group of us that are betraying and the only ones I know personally that are betraying are Royal Guards, and that's because Beggars with 4th internal are better at being an RG than an actual RG is. Royal Guards have basically one good end-game set and if you're using a Jianghu inner there's literally no reason to stick around. You can always build chain set again later.

I am betraying wv because I can't stand the people in the school.

randombattle
Oct 16, 2008

angerbot posted:

I'm kind of split on Golden Needle/Xu/Peach Blossom aaaaaaa

Pick one, graduate, then move on! Golden Needle and Xu are minor factions that you can graduate from and keep everything.

randombattle fucked around with this message at 03:11 on May 7, 2014

randombattle
Oct 16, 2008

Thank god I'm always so short on bound money. :allears:

The race sort of thing sounds fun though. They should have that on all the time cause jumping around is mad fun.

randombattle
Oct 16, 2008

Oh my god everything about this update is incredible. BETRAY YOUR SCHOOLS AND GET THE BEST SKILLS!

randombattle
Oct 16, 2008

So how do you get unbound now?

randombattle
Oct 16, 2008

Mr.Pibbleton posted:

That's the maze in Suzhou with the elemental puzzle and the deadly gas rooms and stuff right? Do you need quest items to get through it?

Nope peach blossom is another zone with a different maze. The black and white maze is for the story they will get around to at some point.

randombattle
Oct 16, 2008

Haha wow they are just guaranteeing that bots will get all of the money from kidnapping now.

Also a long time from now there will be an update that let's self recollection go absurdly high and make it the best internal in the game.

randombattle
Oct 16, 2008

Not even kidding it eventually goes to like 159 and is the strongest internal in the game. On the Chinese server you basically solo shura instances with it. It has some special effect at the last level but there's no info aside from actually playing the Chinese version. Also only vagrants can use it.

randombattle
Oct 16, 2008

Kylra posted:

But then you can't use Perish Blade 12 or whatever it is up to now over there right?

E: Don't their 4ths/factions also go to 60-70 or something like that as well?

Correct and by then there's 5th internals however self recollection has insane ramp up. It's equal to or greater than a 9th internal at max level.

randombattle
Oct 16, 2008

Kylra posted:

9th internals aren't even released if that wasn't a typo.

I saw a power title table where 129 self recollection was rated a little higher than maxed sunflower, but it also didn't have 5th internals or the extended 4ths.

Some guy in beast villa who plays on the chinese servers sometimes was explaining how all the beast capturing stuff works and was talking about why vagrants are rad. He was explaining how self recollection is several orders above and beyond everything else like the 5ths.

randombattle
Oct 16, 2008

Kylra posted:

That sounds like a weird way to go even for chinagame.

Are you kidding it's the most kung fu like thing ever?

The guy who shuns all help from outside forces and sticks with training himself always is the goku.

randombattle
Oct 16, 2008

ChickenMedium posted:

Come on, guys. Stop all the betrayalizing.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UdMSstpIbuA

I'm still a wv at heart. Make people eat poop pills and give no fucks.

randombattle
Oct 16, 2008

Cao Ni Ma posted:

Does self recollection need to be at a certain level to unlock the second vagrant internal or is it something else?

vvv
Ive got it to level 25 already, dont tell me I have to take it to 42.

No you just do the quests to get the skills.

randombattle
Oct 16, 2008

In fact he dropped all of the TV set.

randombattle
Oct 16, 2008

HapiMerchant posted:

In a stunning display of chinagame.txt, The shen family inner progression shines brghtly as a beacon of pure :psyduck:.

So, from level 5 to level 41 of the inner, it costs slowly rising numbers of certs per level. 10, then 20, then 40, then 60.

Then we hit levels 42-46.

These cost 600 certificates for each level, for a total of 2400 certs. This in a faction where your daily quest gets you 20-30 (on the rep levels anyone ahs reached) a day, and the potential to earn maybe 60 more from autismal grinding of the herb event. If you're lucky. So at best, we're seeing 80-90 certs a day. Compared to 600 per level.

Oh, and that's not all. the Shen inner goes up to level 69. The cost per level from 46-69? 258 per. The sudden mindboggling transition from 60-600-258 makes NO SENSE AT ALL, leading me to beleive it is either a typo (someone added an extra 0) OR there is some quest somewhere down the line.

Oh, and what makes it truly chinagame.txt is that every week you can spend 450L to purchase around 500 certs. so they're practically begging folks to buy Liang.

Are you sure the 47+ levels aren't advanced tokens? The Beast Villa level ups are advanced tokens at the super high not yet unlocked levels.

randombattle
Oct 16, 2008

Mr.Pibbleton posted:

I will be selling pets on the market, for the love of god DON'T BUY THEM.

Pib sell me a big dumb boar or something.

Kylra posted:

Does Beast Villa's "Wind Tiger and Cloud Dragon" "Rip and Tear" effect add to everyone's damage or just the BV character's? Is the parry effect per hit or per attack, and does a single parry give you 10 stacks? If the BV set is literally Perish Blade but with Mangle it would be a must-get in the long term.

That's not the parry the parry gives 100% life steal on the set. The 10 stack effect adds 100% bonus damage to the normal spam and the super dragon punch is sort of like a mangle. I don't think it applies to anyone not using that attack. I've not partied with any other beast members but it says it's only for that attack.

It is basically perish blade though a little different. It's good for tanking and pve because the spam costs no energy and there is the life steal.

randombattle
Oct 16, 2008

Kylra posted:

Does the life steal only last one hit or attack, or does it last for some duration?

It's a stacking buff that is used up per hit. The more you level it up the more stacks you can have. Someone was saying that it's not linear but no one has access to the higher levels.

randombattle
Oct 16, 2008

HapiMerchant posted:

Reattaching a penis is 1 ding for the purchase of the replacement penis (no word on where the replacement penises are coming from) and a further paltry 10 Liang for the shen's needle.

I'd assume the box that keeps the dong preserved?

One ding is a small price to pay for avoiding shrinkage.

randombattle
Oct 16, 2008

And beast villa has gold gear for taming points. Which no one knows how to get.

randombattle
Oct 16, 2008

What are rare stones?

randombattle
Oct 16, 2008

angerbot posted:

So is script stealing just broken now or? I stole two Tang scripts last night to try and get a start on replacing Following but I got nothing at the turn in, and it seems like this was happening a lot to the other people in the guild as well.

You probably just got one vagrant cert. it's super bullshit that there is not a 100% script rate from stealing scripts. I mean one vagrant cert is worth 3k cultivation to self recollection. That's a really poo poo reward especially since they made it harder with the npcs. They basically completely hosed the economy with the expansion since the only people who can reliably make money now are the bots.

randombattle
Oct 16, 2008

Haquer posted:

WAR TOMORROW

What: war!
When: :frogon:
Where: Southeast Yanjing
Why: Ian T Hawk is struggling to make Magnum Opus into a relevant guild while also being a protection war bitch for TDH/Rebellion. So we're going to kill them.

I hope this goes better than the last war.

randombattle
Oct 16, 2008

I can confirm tempest staff is hella rad.

randombattle
Oct 16, 2008

If you join beast villa you can play pokemon and pet elephants.

randombattle
Oct 16, 2008

There is also a global discount on 1-3 because 4ths are out.

randombattle
Oct 16, 2008

Kylra posted:

As an important note, do this before you turn anything in for it or else you're just wasting the stuff you're turning in. Unlike the chores/labor quests, you only get one reward for the entire procurement line.

They don't even have Tempest Staff or something like that in it.

If it's like the beast villa multipart dailies then each stage complete lowers the completion cost.

Also dawg if you want some tempest staff just let me know.

randombattle
Oct 16, 2008

TheRagamuffin posted:

I think every school and faction has their own version of these.

The beast villa gear has those effects on the normal gold gear that you can get now.

randombattle
Oct 16, 2008

It's nice in beast villa I have so many certs I can never get close to spending.

randombattle
Oct 16, 2008

Forer posted:

Then you go meet Xu Feiyan and he's like "HEY I GOT THE GOODS BABY!", opens his trenchcoat and well... Here's what the tabs have.

Tab 1: School skills book 6, 7, and 8

Tab 2: Silver gear, Upgrades for SCHOOL GOLD Tier 5 to tier 6 (WTF?), and stuff so you can spend SOMETHING to buy certs (please don't let me be right on what I think something is)

Tab 3: Inner 42 - 56

Tab 4: Inner 57 - 61, Skills 9

"Ultimate Faction Knowledge": Inner 62 - 84, Skills 10

The internal has traditionally sucked, and I don't want to get a single book of it because I'm NEVER going to use it. Those skill books up to 10 look mighty fine though, so I'm probably going to stay Xu a bit longer to get those books to 10 and then never look back. What's REALLY crazy is: THERE'S MORE. I need to complete GCC hard, and TV Hell in order to apparently unlock that gold tier equipment and possibly other poo poo.

I had 200 rulers and laughed it off because I had everything, Then the floor dropped out and now I have no rulers, every skill but one to 8, 2 more levels for each skill, one campfire level (Because apparently you keep campfire, but one level down when you graduate), and gold tier equipment from school that I can then upgrade to class 6?

HAHAHA, I KNOW THE FEELING! send help.

RealEdit: also, since someone asked

Yes, all of the above is accessable to me, I CAN get level 82 of the internal RIGHT NOW. The ONLY exception is I can't get tier 5 gold to tier 6 gold, that's a future patch.

That's real strange because Beast Villa internal doesnt go past 50 and you can't even access those pages until that patch. Is the Xu inner not a t3 internal like Beast is?

If it is a 3rd wouldn't that make Xu the strongest internal in the game at 82?

randombattle
Oct 16, 2008

Haroshia posted:

Yeah look at the cost of high level beast villa skills. Don't blow your certs. A single page of a skill to 7 is like 300ish certs.

It's such a strong set that I think it's probably worth it if only for the spirit free spam attack. Every level improves the damage on the mangle. Going from 2 to 3 doubled the damage that each stack added. It also seemed like the stacks all last a lot longer at 3.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

randombattle
Oct 16, 2008

TheRagamuffin posted:

Oh hell yes. Do we get to keep the set when we graduate? If not, I might just stay in BV forever.

Yeah you just loose 5 levels off the internal max so your cap is 36. Also you lose taming.