Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

randombattle
Oct 16, 2008

This hand of mine shines and roars! It's bright cry tells me to grasp victory!

Actually ignore all of that about beast villa tier 8+ because it's "before the duel" content whatever the gently caress that update is.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

randombattle
Oct 16, 2008

Mr.Pibbleton posted:

I took PibbJr to war today, he killed someone trying to cap the throne and charged through the gates to kill the people I was suicide bombing. My elephant never forget, TO KILL.

How much did you have to click to have him summonable in other zones?

randombattle
Oct 16, 2008

FebrezeNinja posted:

Blacksmithing ones do, but poison-making ones get parry endurance instead. I'm surprised I haven't seen more trade in them for people using non-pomf unarmed sets.

They don't show up in the trade search unless you go by name and even then the only ones people sell are poo poo unupgraded jade for 79 ding.

randombattle
Oct 16, 2008

PassiveSentence posted:

While we're comparing skills to champs in LoL, it also has a Shen taunt that makes a player walk towards you for 4 seconds.

Cao Ni Ma posted:

Its more like Ahri's since its a ranged charm rather than a melee taunt.

Neeeeeeeeeeeeeeeerds

I thought we were getting the scimitar set next? What happened to that.

randombattle
Oct 16, 2008

Holy balls some of you duders take chinagame way too loving seriously. It sounds to me more like you got kicked out for being annoying. It's not like having someone's account entitles anyone to respect you or not call you out for doing dumb things.

And really come on like feedz was this bastion of respect and not a super sperg who gave a gently caress about anyone else. This is the guy who wanted to lead wv and wanted to listen to school chat all day long you cannot tell me that he made smart choices. Also feedz was kind of a jerk all the loving time. Fucker never once helped me with anything in wv despite helping to get his position in the first place and was always just "Oh no I can't sell you any certs so you can finish your inner and do dungeons I need all 900 loving certs I'm sitting on just in case"

Now if you had talked to grithok and got his account then maybe I'd care about it.

randombattle
Oct 16, 2008

Haquer posted:

Haha both dual stings sets are probably 2 of the best sets in the game BUT THEY'RE NOT MANLY ENOUGH FOR ME!

Don't forget perish blade! Dual stings best weapon in the game.

randombattle
Oct 16, 2008

gently caress you can't just get tired of space engineers and by the time you are tired of DW8 then DW8 EX+ALPHAHYPER MODE comes out!

randombattle
Oct 16, 2008

Oh poo poo is hooha is today?

randombattle
Oct 16, 2008

Watching cmk flail at bumbaclyde and kill himself with flying horse was funny though. I'm totally jealous of everyone getting faction skills all I got was some wv and tang stuff.

randombattle
Oct 16, 2008

Mr.Pibbleton posted:

I actually wanted to learn beast villa skills at Mt Hua since my faction is so restrictive in unlocking them, but now I know a few new skills! :unsmith: Plus I have the transcend the world and surprise with first success titles thanks to my friends who believe in justice and having lots and lots of alts.

Well you'll get to 5 by the time you can leave anyway.

randombattle
Oct 16, 2008

Haquer posted:

Wars tomorrow~~~

NoTrabbu are taking the MO base from them and Jetli Cliff was attacked on our side.

TDH declared war on Jetli so we're just going to flat out loving ignore them and instead cap the MO base and go to NoTrabbu's base to keep the terrorists from achieving their objective. I want to blueball TDH because 1) they're fuckheads 2) they got the Hua sword and are smug as gently caress about it so I want them to attack an empty base and continue not having fun~

What: War
When: :bigtran:
Where: Starting in southeast Yanjing to cap the MO base and then moving to defend NoTrabbu's Tangmen South base.
Why: Taking MO's base, PS gently caress TDH

Let's be reasonable here they will brag about their mastery of being able to beat an undefended base. Huehuehue too scared to fight ect.

randombattle
Oct 16, 2008

Then I'm ahead of the curve then by ignoring almost all the wars.

randombattle
Oct 16, 2008

Shalhavet posted:

Specifically, people making calls while not in teamspeak hosed us.

Woah that's certainly never happened before.

randombattle
Oct 16, 2008

Haquer posted:

You can do it without the daily quest (takes tier 4 identity).

E: So you can teach the Peach array to other people if you're a peach disciple. You can activate the Team Practice 3 times in a day, which means you can only teach 3 people at the same time. It takes 7 days to learn it (you get 70 points per TP, can only TP once per day and you need 490 points). We don't know at this point if it's permanent or if you learn the abilities too but we're assuming that it's at minimum permanent.

The description is awful, of course.

Teach it to me I want it for no reason.

randombattle
Oct 16, 2008

I feel like with BV inner and set I'm never lacking for energy when the situation calls for it.

randombattle
Oct 16, 2008

Is archage any good? I was thinking about getting it but I'm not sure.

randombattle
Oct 16, 2008

Delamore posted:

Just complain loudly and they'll almost always cave in

Can I exchange these delabucks for something not worthless?

randombattle
Oct 16, 2008

I would pay gold money for an evil points mask.

randombattle
Oct 16, 2008

All I know is I'll take anything to cut down the evil point grind.

randombattle
Oct 16, 2008

Shalhavet posted:

Vagrants are pretty fun. You get a kicks set that scales very well and shallow kung fu becomes ludicrously good. There should be a few other guys on at strange times too.

Once they unlock self reflection it's going to be amazing. So many damage bonuses to Shallow Kung Fu.

randombattle
Oct 16, 2008

Ratoslov posted:

Are there any factions that are not incompetent assholes?

Beast Villa is all beat up animals and beat up people who beat up animals.

randombattle
Oct 16, 2008

My vip ran out and I dunno if I feel like reupping it to play more.

randombattle
Oct 16, 2008

RE's themselves are the ones that have timers on them. The game checks down a list of requisites for the RE to occur then picks a person giving more weight to VIP players.

randombattle
Oct 16, 2008

Pham Nuwen posted:

Yeah I thought we had some people playing the Chinese Age of Wushu who might have tried the Chinese Swordsman.

I'll get it all installed, try it out on Monday, and report back.

I installed it a while back but the servers weren't actually on yet. Did they finally start the beta/release?

Also you guys are fools if you think there aren't gonna be dozens of camels running around.

randombattle
Oct 16, 2008

Pssh you think I read other posts? Like every mmo I'll play it.

randombattle
Oct 16, 2008

Delerion posted:

Applied to guild on ShoushanLei, playing both wushu and wulin it seems as the wulin guilds suck bad and forbid cool stuff like killing lowbies :(

Jokes on you there aren't any lowbiew in wushu. They all left a long time ago.

randombattle
Oct 16, 2008

Ages ago the joke was made that they would make a third money throw skill that would just directly translate money spent to damage. Probably not far away from them actually doing that.

randombattle
Oct 16, 2008

Skion posted:

There was talk of checking out that swordsman game, and I saw this on mmorpg.com
http://www.mmorpg.com/giveaways.cfm/offer/518/Swordsman-Closed-Beta-Key-Giveaway.html

You have to download a origin/steam-esque client and its like 12 loving gigs, but might dick around in it for a day. Its Perfect World so my hype levels are at minimum, but who knows mite b cool.

I'll let you know monday when the servers are on. If it's total garbage I guess I'll get more vip for wushu I guesssssssss..........

randombattle
Oct 16, 2008

PassiveSentence posted:

http://games.arcgames.com/en/prod/swordsman/game-pack/detail/425-hero%27s-pack

It's nice to see that the mount with the "fastest sprint speed in the game" is available before OB to purchase with cash.

Age of Wushu did the exact same thing fyi.

randombattle
Oct 16, 2008

I agree Swordsman seems way better than Wushu at this point. No idea if it's as good later but I'm really liking the start so far.

randombattle
Oct 16, 2008

I see that world chat is already filled with vietnamese.

randombattle
Oct 16, 2008

Yeah you can do wushu style air dashes and ground dashes along with a speed up mode and walk on water. Doesn't look like you can run up walls though.

randombattle
Oct 16, 2008

Haquer posted:

Definitely has that Chinagame feel to it, I just want more information on the combat system before I try checking it out. The only thing I actually like about Wushu anymore is its combat system so a game with a worse one would just be sad :smithfrog:

I think it's way better than wushu combat. So far it's been real actiony with blocks and counter attacks. Feels like attacks have more weight to them.

randombattle
Oct 16, 2008

I picked naruto but all my sets are just be naruto and use shadow clones to stab fools.

randombattle
Oct 16, 2008

I think I'm gonna stick with swordsman once the open beta wipe hits. Seems like there is enough interesting stuff later.

randombattle
Oct 16, 2008

Hole Wolf posted:

Speaking of vagrant kicks, what the gently caress is the three-kick chain?

It's awesome is what it is. People never understand why they are standing there being kicked to death.

randombattle
Oct 16, 2008

I got two codes for the swordsman online beta if anyone wants one but hasnt gotten one.

randombattle
Oct 16, 2008

MMJ72-Z2T-15EY

STS75-H4E-51XE

Are my two swordsman codes if peeps want em.

I hope the open beta starts next week cause so far I like SO but I don't want to play much with everything getting wiped this week.

randombattle
Oct 16, 2008

aleksendr posted:

Indeed, but anything can be dressed up to look nice in a trailer. If once again we get a crap translation, bullshit cashshop grabbing and a dev that don't consider western economic/culture there wont be much progress from what we have now.

From the way things are shaping up the best next sandbox mmo available to the west might be Archage. Trion is refusing to follow the way korea/russia/japan went and turning it into a themepark, instead focusing on the building and commerce aspect.

From all accounts black desert is a better arch age but that's still a ways off having just been announced in English.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

randombattle
Oct 16, 2008

ShadowMoo posted:

Do we have a black gold guild? Made by the same people as wushu.

Why would you want to play another mmo by snail? The setting and it being kung fu is the only good part of wushu.