Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rynoto
Apr 27, 2009
It doesn't help that I'm fat as fuck, so my face shouldn't be shown off in the first place.
Oh china game :allears:

How complete is the translation patch? Good enough for someone who knows zero chinese to play?

And more importantly: Can you still puke on people to make them puke and cause massive fights?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rynoto
Apr 27, 2009
It doesn't help that I'm fat as fuck, so my face shouldn't be shown off in the first place.
Sounds about the same as when it was just bizarre engrish on snail's servers then, cheers! Definitely have to look into it.

Rynoto
Apr 27, 2009
The only thing I really remember about Wushu jail was breaking some goon out before he was executed. Multiple times.

Rynoto
Apr 27, 2009

Ra Ra Rasputin posted:

I never played this buggy rear end MMO because it looked full of jank and pay2win cashgrabs and watching paint dry timesinks, but I absolutely love the dumb PvP stories that came out of it and would love to hear any.

Chinagame will always have a special place just because of the purestrain insanity that regularly occurred and hell it even survived decently well through the second internals before pay-to-win poo poo started to dig in. The problem with trying to explain wushu to someone is that it will just make them think you're insane.

Like the fact that for a time a bunch of people were fighting over spots to sit in trees for weeks on end. Massive brawls in the middle of cities because of puke. Forcing a leader of one of the schools to be demoted by suplexing him off the cliff (repeatedly) so he couldn't sign up for the fights. Breaking goons out of jail before they could be executed. Goons dying be the hundreds in early fights against the viet guild and turning them into pyrrhic victories. Or just the mundane hilarity of finding a rival guild member next to a waterfall or whatever and slingshotting them off. And even the pvevp part was integrated surprisingly well with the dungeon invasions. And that's all before you get into the insane chaos that was scroll stealing times which is its whole other thing.

And then at the end of the day if you were a member of a school that cared about pesky little things like rules you'd be stuck doing lines as punishment while sitting next to said rival members and wondering why you were still playing this bizarre game. That or stuck in jail while playing board games for quite significant amounts of time usually, again, with the people you were just fighting.

Rynoto fucked around with this message at 12:58 on Mar 31, 2019

Rynoto
Apr 27, 2009

Xun posted:

Haha wtf, what does doing lines even mean? Is there a mini game where you have to hand write poo poo over and over again?

For scholars, at least, it was just sitting on a nice comfy pillow writing on those bamboo sheet things for a time that was relative to the amount of rules you broke. No minigames. Just waiting and watching the small animation while seated next to a bunch of other naughty rulebreakers. Having hour plus punishment periods wasn't unusual for the neutral/good schools if you were big into open world pvp and dickery. Other schools had the same type of thing with different animations/repenting types though I don't know the specifics of them.

Rynoto fucked around with this message at 08:56 on Apr 1, 2019

Rynoto
Apr 27, 2009
Breaking goons out of their executions and being labeled as traitors(?) for a time was always hilarious. Although I still think the weirdest part of explaining the game to non-players was the entire school rules punishment system and playing board games in jail with people you had just finished fighting.

Rynoto
Apr 27, 2009
More games need free-for-all murder fests over stall space.

Rynoto
Apr 27, 2009

angerbeet posted:

I play it every day in my heart

It's a testament to just how absurd the game was. So many games just pass by to be forgotten and chinagame just sticks around forever.

Rynoto
Apr 27, 2009
I still have a soft spot for rigging a school competition by repeatedly divebombing the leader off the side of a cliff so that they missed it. That cliff needed a good five minute climb again too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rynoto
Apr 27, 2009

randombattle posted:

Please the follow the lady to the guest room. Follow the laws of flying eagle stronghold.

Just remembering the instances feels like recalling a fever dream. Going from a burning village to castles to underground fights to ???? why are there people spawning here.

I don't even really remember why we ran them except that randomly getting popups to mess with other people's instances was super fun.

Also a jail break at some point?