Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Haquer
Nov 15, 2009

That windswept look...

hailthefish posted:

God loving damnit you assholes make me want to reinstall this dead terrible game.

They merged all the EU servers into the US server and the made a new one then merged it and now I think maybe another new one is there.

Don't play unless you want to become one of the 100 people playing since all there are left are massive pay2wins

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Haquer
Nov 15, 2009

That windswept look...
Nothing go play Runescape

Haquer
Nov 15, 2009

That windswept look...

Heartcatch posted:

Conceptually, offline players becoming NPCs is cool a heck. Kidnapping them and selling them into indentured servitude was also funny and excellent.

But yes, Snail things ruined it all.

And then the teleporting bots came and never loving left and suddenly kidnapping wasn't even vaguely worth your time but it was certainly worth the 1000+ bots time making all those dings.

gently caress this game. Every time I'm like man I wish I could still play it I just remember how frustrating the day-to-day was due to Snail.

Haquer
Nov 15, 2009

That windswept look...

StorGondul posted:

Wushu is back. in Malaysia, Leffe and the no-trabbu squad have alerted me to age of kungfu, its the same game but it costs about half or less than snail USA cost. If you all are willing we have discord so you can come see what wushu is like on mostly the china patches. I've only played about 2 days but this poo poo is real good and the lag is about the same as snail USA was which is quite surprising. in all seriousness though snail usa rawdogged us and if you want to see what it can be like give it a look.
Discord link below.
https://discord.gg/zffcuRN
For those caught in the purge: that other link was more a multi game spamfest so we made a new discord link dedicated to chinagame.

If ancient sets still exist this can gently caress right off.

Haquer
Nov 15, 2009

That windswept look...
I am shocked you guys went back for nostalgia to the most railroaded mmo ever and got tired of it I actually tried to see if we could set up a private goon server with less bullshit a while back but no joy

Haquer
Nov 15, 2009

That windswept look...
I hope everyone is doing well and playing games that aren't this one. I miss and love you all.

Haquer
Nov 15, 2009

That windswept look...

LegionAreI posted:

I still have incomprehensible screenshots of poorly translated UI elements from this game in my folders.

I might not have been a well known goon but I had lots of fun hiding in corners during those weird base battles playing the Chinese harp or whatever because I sucked so bad at actual pvp. Also bucket brigade!

Too bad the game turned to p2w poo poo :(

When I was the only person who built Blood Blade inner on the server, guild wars against us must have been awful.

It disabled music on proc and made people horse for 30% hp instead of nearly full, so I would just fly through spitting out AoEs and mopping up idiots while abusing super armor skills. That inner was ridiculous :allears:

Haquer
Nov 15, 2009

That windswept look...

funakupo posted:

I think it was the camaraderie that set it apart. Sure, a game that I can woo Dongfang with gifts is pretty loving odd, but that task would have been a boring slog without the chat behind it. Gathering mats for the guild upgrades or being babysat thru an instance was always fun for me. Most people would not have tolerated an old woman expat, who is inherently bad at games at that let alone high ping, but you all were always welcoming. I moved on from Belgium and am now in Norway, but I have never found the same absurdly magical mix of good people since then online.

I was upset when you left for wulin, you were one of the most active chatters in the guild.

I'm honestly surprised there are basically no private servers or leaks for this game, I think with the right people behind it it could be fun but :shrug:

Haquer
Nov 15, 2009

That windswept look...

SweetBro posted:

There's a Vietnamese private server but it's also hella pay2win.

Yeah there is a leak out there ~somewhere~ but a few hours of googling later I have yet to happen upon it. Probably doesn't help I can't read Chinese and can't find it that way.

Haquer
Nov 15, 2009

That windswept look...

Pham Nuwen posted:

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A VHS INTO THE SLOT. ITS THE LAWS OF THE FLYING EAGLE STRONGHOLD AND

I START DOING THE MOVES RIGHT ALONGSIDE THE MAIN CHARACTER, CHIENMA

Haquer
Nov 15, 2009

That windswept look...

angerbeet posted:

There was always farmland in Evil Men's Valley, it was just kind of out of the way.

poo poo before I quit playing (about 1.5 years after launch) you could farm just about anywhere because even the bots quit farming they were just Liang farming with kidnaps.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Haquer
Nov 15, 2009

That windswept look...

Almond Crunch posted:

SO I downloaded and started playing around again. I don't understand anything anymore: there are literally dozens of token-currencies and it seems impossible to even discern which are related to discontinued events.

Didnt we figure out the secrets of REs, NPC favor, and whatever? I haven't gotten an RE within a day of resubscribing to VIP, which is a bummer. The server pop seems small enough that its not worth it for botters to even bother- but somehow, prices have not moved in the past 5 years. Who is buying all of the ferrets generated by these REs?!?!

It's just the same pay2win culture with idiots still dropping money and keeping the economy afloat from what I have heard.

Also side note I have looked into private servers because I thought at one point what harm could it be to make a goon run one however there are no leaks of it at least on English speaking sites and nobody has attempted to put together an emulator. Maybe one day we will all play a terrible China game again (and can put in the old Text.package for the Engrish).