Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Haquer
Nov 15, 2009

That windswept look...

randombattle posted:

Wait literally one day and you can join the vagrants and get stuff no one else is going to get cause no one wants to lose their school skills.

Seriously, there is a very small group of us that are betraying and the only ones I know personally that are betraying are Royal Guards, and that's because Beggars with 4th internal are better at being an RG than an actual RG is. Royal Guards have basically one good end-game set and if you're using a Jianghu inner there's literally no reason to stick around. You can always build chain set again later.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Haquer
Nov 15, 2009

That windswept look...

randombattle posted:

I am betraying wv because I can't stand the people in the school.

I'll miss getting to watch kingcee flip his poo poo, but apparently he's going to Beast Villa so if any of you are going there, enjoy that!

Haquer
Nov 15, 2009

That windswept look...
Febreze asked me to screencap and post, China servers have an extra unlock that we don't have so it's currently assumed it's factions but :iiam:

Haquer
Nov 15, 2009

That windswept look...
It was looked over and we now think it's for Tier-6 gear and whatever else came with it. Hopefully that's right because gently caress me do I hate those world events.

Haquer
Nov 15, 2009

That windswept look...
For those who downloaded the patches prior to today, you're going to have to double click on them and point them to your wushu install. Apparently they don't just let you dump them into the patch folder anymore :iiam:

E: and apparently they put a .116 to .117 patch up on the server just last night but it seems to be small (probably 10-15mb by the rate it's downloading for me through the launcher)

Haquer fucked around with this message at 12:15 on May 7, 2014

Haquer
Nov 15, 2009

That windswept look...

iSovereign posted:

Forum post has been updated, they pushed server maintenance to 12:00pm server time - http://www.ageofwushu.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=22183

OBAMAA

This is sad for you guys but it increases my chance of being a flutist sooooo :v:

Haquer
Nov 15, 2009

That windswept look...

Mr.Pibbleton posted:

Man, I'm tempted to pay the 5.5 ding, but I'm also tempted to save it and do the stupid quest thing. How far will one man go, to summon battle pork?

No clue how long the questing will take to do. I wasn't tempted to do it on the CN servers since it's all written completely in Chinese and I can't read a word of it :(

Haquer
Nov 15, 2009

That windswept look...

iSovereign posted:

SERVERS UP

The time of day and weather effects are really drat nice. I think everyone will love them, no more 2pm in the afternoon all the time!

Haquer
Nov 15, 2009

That windswept look...

PassiveSentence posted:

Kidnapping no longer gives unbound unless it's the event period, it's all ogre for kidnap bots:smuggo:

loving. Finally.

I'll definitely start kidnapping again, loving snail should've put that poo poo in a year ago.

Haquer
Nov 15, 2009

That windswept look...
E: ^^^ treasures are level based so this makes perfect sense?

PassiveSentence posted:

When betraying, you do keep your previous school's meridian levels. Grinding to 4th 30 time.

Good to hear :toot:

So all I really lose is RG chain and since I'm not a beggar it doesn't matter. I won't be able to log in for another couple hours :smith:

Haquer
Nov 15, 2009

That windswept look...

Mr.Pibbleton posted:

I've sold my entire stock of flutes bro. :smith:

Them's fightin words.

Has anyone found a recipe yet?

Haquer
Nov 15, 2009

That windswept look...

GreatestNerdEver posted:

I hate to burst bubbles, but to reset your kill value/unlearn sunflower/whatever, it takes a week total. Separate daily quests for each thing, takes 7 items to complete, and they are bound. Daily quests are easy.

What the gently caress. That's dumb as hell.

Haquer
Nov 15, 2009

That windswept look...

Mederlock posted:

Okay, applied to Goontangclan, this time for sure. It seems the first time it let me click the button to apply to join but that was during the tutorial before it actually lets you join a clan

e: nvm that was fast

We get a message when you apply so I instantly accepted you :sun:

Also, the Vagrant kicking set is amazing with low ping. I keep locking people with high ping into hilarious combos since you effectively have 5 charges + single target rage.

Haquer
Nov 15, 2009

That windswept look...
So I went to Peach Blossom to make sure that I can't get in without that stupid week of quests

A log.

Chinagame :china:

:frogsiren: :siren: VAGRANTS THAT BETRAYED READ THIS :siren: :frogsiren:

This guy is around 506, 456 in the Suzhou martial arts school. Talk to him if you betrayed and he hands you mountains of pill and cult to make up for the inners you lost from the school. I finished leveling my kicks to 5 and nearly all of my blade to 5. Then Self Recollection to 42 and the 2nd Vagrant inner to 29 (almost to 30, which seems to be the cap so far). I'm now sitting on tons of pills for Peach Blossom set + inner. He gave me 3859 pills total and about 1800 of those were free cult (18mil cult) and the others cultivated skills.

Also, Pibbs wanted to see my kicks in action and if I hadn't forgot that he uses Poison Toad I probably wouldn't have died. I love it. Rage move:

Haquer
Nov 15, 2009

That windswept look...

randombattle posted:

So how do you get unbound now?

Only way is through the 2 hour nightly kidnapping event. I'm thinking we might end up needing to make a team to do it in force so everyone doesn't die. Guess we'll see tonight. Also I'm pretty sure the first hour of kidnapping is during guild wars so double gently caress guild wars now.

Haquer
Nov 15, 2009

That windswept look...

Unhappy Meal posted:

Oh hello, returning hermit hero bonus. I will definitely take 30 days of VIP for free that will let me max 3rd Internal without actually having to do work.

Zhangiev shall return to the battlefield where he shall continue to be a useless Shaolin without Goosestep, but drat I'm going to have that internal maxed. So any compelling reason to reapply to the guild, or really to stick around at all once I satisfy my compulsions?

E: And yes, I am reading through the thread to catch up too.

There's a shitton more content with this patch and more quality of life changes. Also goose is hilariously cheap compared to this time last year so definitely get it.

Also if you don't like Shaolin you can always betray and join another school and quickly get back on your feet with free cultivation pills.

Haquer
Nov 15, 2009

That windswept look...

funakupo posted:

Wait let me see if I understood this: I cannot just renew VIP and kidnap to slowly get unbound but I need to do it at some crazy USA hour? I cannot run daily faction quest to get unbound unless I happen to be awake and online at 5am Central European Time (hahah what)?

Am I missing something here about why they would bother to have servers even up during off-USA hours?

Yeah instead of just making nonVIP only get bound they hit everyone with it which is just insanely stupid. On the plus side the economy will crash further making it easier to get some things.

Haquer
Nov 15, 2009

That windswept look...

funakupo posted:

True Haq, which might be excellent. Except I was concerned more about static upgrade costs on gear 10/20/40L a pop thing. Or say the cost to buy the reagent to use your gold or jade powder is like 150 unbound right?

You understand even in the USA people have different shifts for their work right? The decision does not cater to their USA market either if you push set hours for any unbound to be gathered.

Yeah it's really hosed up and fucks over US players as well since one of the hours overlaps with guild wars as well and the first 30 minutes of school wars on weekends.

It's really really really loving dumb.

Haquer
Nov 15, 2009

That windswept look...

iSovereign posted:

After spending like a combined total of 30 minutes navigating the maze of doom, I present: Plum Blossom Island

I'm pissed. I have 5 more days before I can loving join :argh:

Haquer
Nov 15, 2009

That windswept look...

Mr.Pibbleton posted:

Who could've predicted that murdering over 1400 people could have negative repercussions? I've only killed 61 and the last guy was someone who was trying to teach new beggars that lotus palm was our best set.

:argh:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IOCLwAYjDgc

This is me abusing one of the moves that can be chained. Apparently if you don't kill something with it, it resets the counter (even if it took you both hits to kill them) which lets me fly around destroying enemies since it has a hilariously long charge range :sun:

Haquer
Nov 15, 2009

That windswept look...

PassiveSentence posted:

If you meet the requirements, the 4th set NPC now sells school scripts for 1 cert each. It seems that if you buy the scripts and betray, it is not possible to eat it. Looks like full betrayal Wudangs can't skimp on buying Horse and Circle.

I'm trying to figure out what the hell the point is, then.

Haquer
Nov 15, 2009

That windswept look...
I joined Beast Villa because I want to blitz through since it has an amazing Yang/Hard external set before I go Peach. Rage does over 1200 damage for me at level 1 :allears:

Also, we were just testing kidnapping and we were getting unbound outside of the kidnapping time so we have no idea what's going on! :confused:

Haquer
Nov 15, 2009

That windswept look...

deathrat posted:

So uhh, just rolled a character and I didn't pick a school, what should I do to get into the guild? it says I'm not in any of the allowed Schools to apply.

You need to pick at least Vagrant to get into a guild.

:siren: WAR TONIGHT :siren:

What: WAR
Where: South Shaolin
When: :aaaaa:
Why: Bloodfate got in a protection war last time due to Yang Guo heading to Gensomaden, and then genso only did a 1.1D bid likely because they think 168 occupation will save it. They might end up doing some emergency upgrades today but we'll see!

Haquer
Nov 15, 2009

That windswept look...

FebrezeNinja posted:

Actually I don't think our recruit requirements allow vagrants and someone might need to fix that.

gently caress. I'll be home around 2:30 EDT today so somebody remind me to do this. I totally didn't think of that.

Also Beast Villa definitely isn't going to level as fast as I like so i might drop it for a hilariously fast daytrip to Xu for fun to see if I can finish it before Wednesday when I plan to join Peach.

Haquer
Nov 15, 2009

That windswept look...

Cao Ni Ma posted:

Is the vagrant internal any good? Like will it be competitive in pve/pvp? Haq mentioned about the poo poo ton of pills he got that basically got him to near cap with it and it seems to good to be true.

The internals are 1st and 2nd internal equivalents so no they won't make you competitive. However the skillsets are amazing and people cheer me on every time I destroy people with it.

I was script stealing in RG last night and a moron tried to kill me with his chain set so I locked him into a permanent combo while some Lawless people stood there laughing at the guy.

Haquer
Nov 15, 2009

That windswept look...

Cao Ni Ma posted:

Do you know whether or not the amount of pills you get from the dude is a static amount or is it dictated by the current school level you had? I wouldnt mind quitting emei just to avoid having to sit down every time I kidnapped or kill someone. And I need to start getting to insane if I want to be a dancing princess.

The pills are dictated by the school internals you knew. I had all RG sets leveled high, 1st and 2nd inners at 30, 3rd at 36 and 4th at 30 so it gave me about 4,000 pills, of which 1900 or so were the 19 million cult I had sunk into them.

Haquer
Nov 15, 2009

That windswept look...
^^^E: you're the best koop!

I forgot that Xu needs blue/green alignment and less than 300 kills so I guess I'll be going Shen to get the needle set if I can graduate in time.

This patch is amazing for the amount of swapping you can do as a Vagrant.

Haquer
Nov 15, 2009

That windswept look...

PassiveSentence posted:

Substituting a sword for a flute/dagger for a ruler results in a 30% damage debuff. Does it also apply when using a flute as a sword/rule for a dagger?

Using my flute as a sword works just like it's a sword, no damage debuff. This also means that I have one loving sicknasty sword to use :sun:

Haquer
Nov 15, 2009

That windswept look...

Cao Ni Ma posted:

Does self recollection need to be at a certain level to unlock the second vagrant internal or is it something else?

It's self recollection but it levels really fast.

We took the south Shaolin base :sun:

Haquer
Nov 15, 2009

That windswept look...
I got this outfit via that digging quest that you can get daily now. I look like Jet Li from Hero.

Haquer
Nov 15, 2009

That windswept look...

funakupo posted:

Because goons are cool goons koop has t1 flute and t2 knuckle recipes now.

I think my favorite piece of the daylight change is NPC carrying lit lanterns.

Too bad their lanterns operate with the clock and not with the actual time of day. They light their lanterns during morning/part of noon and they're not lit overnight :v:

They really need to fix that.

Haquer
Nov 15, 2009

That windswept look...
Double post but :siren: Item Renaming :siren:

Caveats:
Names are limited to 7 "words", which of course means Chinese words which makes us stuck with 7 letters.
Descriptions are limited to 30 "words", which once again means 30 letters :cripes:

5 of these + 40L renames accessories (jewelry)

Weapons cost 80L plus 5 of another item.

They changed the Black and White Undertaker Lore into something much better!

The kids never shut up for the time that they're active but they can be pretty funny. Especially when 4-5 people all summon them.

Also, I decided to be a cart bandit for the first time in months!

And then the person bitches in nearby and world chat, success!

Oh and guess who's back

Haquer
Nov 15, 2009

That windswept look...

Cao Ni Ma posted:

Bah its going to take forever for me to get the 100 evil points I need to get to lunatic I cant even imagine the people that have thousands of alignment points.

I made an alt for the purpose of murdering myself for easy evil points but the game preempted me and made it so only dudes of a certain level give out points.

e-Anyone know the exact requirements for this? Like does the player have to be the same rank as you or higher? Someone mentioning having alts run carts and then breaking them but that seems like a pain.

e-2 If anyone has a guy they aren't using anymore, preferably good, we could use him/her as a point lynchpin.

Messaged you on here with an alt that I've been passing around.

Haquer
Nov 15, 2009

That windswept look...

SynthOrange posted:

So has anyone's dick been cut off yet?

Not by Rootless, no.

You cannot castrate people on the weekends (they tested it last night) and during the week the event only activates in certain cities on certain days, ie Suzhou on Monday and Chengdu on Tuesday and so on (not sure if these are the actual days, just an example). I'm pretty sure the guy Cao saw had it done the old fashion way by the NPC since I was another person in Shen last night that got their dong cut off.

The restrictions are so loving chinagame.

Haquer
Nov 15, 2009

That windswept look...
Welp was discussing stuff in guild chat and my ISP decides to take a big poo poo so my internet is out.

Just before I was going to offline stall too :argh:

Haquer
Nov 15, 2009

That windswept look...
Haha holy poo poo and I thought that Shen was pretty strict.

I hope that Peach doesn't have any batshit stuff like that. I'll get my 7th and final token after my quest tomorrow and should be able to join into Peach!

Haquer
Nov 15, 2009

That windswept look...
Sooooo I did a thing with my flute

Haquer
Nov 15, 2009

That windswept look...
:siren: WAR TONIGHT :siren:

What: waaaaaarrrr
Where: WV Southeast
When: :frog:
Why: OneShot bid on Huatah's base so we're attacking them~

Also, chinagame loving hates me. I start the Peach quests and they hand me one that is a C7 page 1 that I have to give him to get in. What the gently caress.

Haquer
Nov 15, 2009

That windswept look...
Also, if anyone can get me Urge to Kill Basic (1) I'd really appreciate it. I only have 174 jade points.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Haquer
Nov 15, 2009

That windswept look...

Mr.Pibbleton posted:

That's an entry quest, I don't think you can skip those with liang. There's usually an alternate way to get in though.

Don't know if I can just skip it. I'll check after work since I didn't have time this morning.

Also if I can't skip it then I'm hosed because the only way to bypass is via the RE and I don't think I qualify for it with 1351 kills v:shobon:v