Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

I don't hate myself quite enough to spend money on Black Desert.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

What few dungeons Wushu had were probably the worst part. They did give us "Please follow the lady to the guestroom" and PvPvE boss fights, which were interesting and something I'd love to see more games do if the MMO genre wasn't dead.

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Heh, "new".

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

I played WV because I liked not having to spend time in the penalty box unless I attacked another WV. Bone Corroding Palm's AoE was great in base defense.

Heartcatch posted:

Though as we all know, Beggar was the best school because you could drunk fight and also puke on people.

:yeah:

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Is there a translation patch or am I stuck relying on memories from half a decade ago?

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Well, I'm downloading it. I know it won't be the same until I can run up walls again but I'm downloading it.

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Giant "I'M GOING TO BITE YOU!" were the best shouts.

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

As did we all.

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3881368

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

throw to first drat IT posted:

lmbo imagine getting put into time out shame zone because you tried to earn some unbound silver

e: as opposed to getting put into shame wall for murdering your fellow school members but in my defense all Tang players were assholes

It's funny, WV let you walk around naked but were paradoxically the best dressed so why bother.

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Archonex posted:

Honestly, I kind of wish the griefing thread was still a thing. It kind of helped get people into antics like that. There doesn't seem to be nearly as much of an interest in it nowadays without a centralized place for people to talk about their exploits.

I think we should bring it back but make sure to ban being a creepy weirdo, low effort bullshit like screaming into mics and the eternally recurring derail over what counts as griefing.

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

I can still hear the crafting music.

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Been playing the idle game Wuxia World. It's not good but it's got a ton of weird translations. One time horse was mistranslated as BMW. Another time I got called a hairy boy for not having a high enough prestige to access something.

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

I have this burning desire for a game where the secrets are Gen 1 Pokemon rumors levels of obscure. A game where I get spawncamped and have to wait for my guild to turn the area around the respawn point into an all-out brawl. A game where my epic Bejeweled skills can yield crafting rewards. A game where dungeons have PvP as a boss gimmick. A game where I can puke on people to make them drunk or yank them off their ***ses with a chain. A game where I group up with friends in the woods to practice DDR and then groan because someone messed up (hopefully not me this time) and we have to do an extra round.

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

angerbeet posted:

I play it every day in my heart

:same:

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Pham Nuwen posted:

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A VHS INTO THE SLOT. ITS THE LAWS OF THE FLYING EAGLE STRONGHOLD AND

I DO EVERY MOVE AND I DO EVERY MOVE HARD. MAKIN WHOOSHING SOUNDS WHEN I SLAM DOWN SOME SANGUINE MOON BASTARDS OR EVEN WHEN I MESS UP TECHNIQUE AND HAVE TO DO ANOTHER TEAM PRACTICE.

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Azmund posted:

I still remember growing a lemon tree field from which we ambushed caravans. I don't know what this game was but it was certainly weird. I tapped out when the headbutt style got put in I think. Making people swallow the whale was a joy.

Lemon day was amazing.

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Remember the script injection in Age of Wushu's chat? New World has the same problem.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f1v6vxENXbg

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

I like it even though I've never gotten very far into it.

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Bathtub.

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

I vaguely recall something about a hidden quest with a map in a horse's rear end.

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Hey weiqi fans, there's a demo of a new go game in Steam's upcoming game showcase.

https://store.steampowered.com/app/1862520/Just_Go/

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Yeah, this captures that classic RPG feel of doing things to get stronger a lot better than some of the other recent games I've played. Feels great leveling skills and replacing gear.

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

I wish more games had PvP encounters in their dungeons.

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Been playing Wandering Sword and while it's not perfect it's exactly what I'd been looking for. Managed to barely beat the Wudang alchemist and learned the sect's epic cultivation method from him. Now I'm going to shake him down for all his pills and see if that gets me enough strength to beat the other Wudang leaders.

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Yeah, I'm waiting for that one to leave early access. Been on my wishlist.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

super sweet best pal posted:

Been playing Wandering Sword and while it's not perfect it's exactly what I'd been looking for. Managed to barely beat the Wudang alchemist and learned the sect's epic cultivation method from him. Now I'm going to shake him down for all his pills and see if that gets me enough strength to beat the other Wudang leaders.

Turns out this was a major breakthrough and things started snowballing after I started looting pills, manuals and high level crafting recipes from all the leaders in the sects. I've been feeling major ludonarrative dissonance during story fights that were supposed to be impossible.