Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rexxed
May 1, 2010

Dis is amazing!
I gotta try dis!

Great moments in Wushu History!
Grithok's moneyshot:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dcTzpbUnx4E

Strenots in a horse:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rQJZE09U_Rs

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rexxed
May 1, 2010

Dis is amazing!
I gotta try dis!

That Jerk Steve posted:

I miss Teleprompter's divination stand.
:china:

It even had it's own theme song.

Yeah, Kettlepip did that one:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lD1b3PFe5Bw

Rexxed
May 1, 2010

Dis is amazing!
I gotta try dis!

I'm tired of MMOs, stop making me want to try archage. I don't want to farm trees or whatever!

Rexxed
May 1, 2010

Dis is amazing!
I gotta try dis!

I don't see anyone literally vomiting coins at anyone else. Game must be broken.

Rexxed
May 1, 2010

Dis is amazing!
I gotta try dis!

I'm guessing it's a game by comp sci nerds for comp sci nerds. Look at all those sweet graphs/networks. Kung fu some spanning trees. Jerkjerk will know.

Rexxed
May 1, 2010

Dis is amazing!
I gotta try dis!

randombattle posted:

I disagree there was a time period there where it was good. It's a good game deep down.

Yeah the pvp was better than what most MMOs have, and the game was well designed to revolve around pvp for almost everything, which is stellar. Most new MMOs copy WoW which copied EQ and both were really pretty terrible for pvp from balance issues to only ever having consensual pvp. If not for the awful translation and support (snail's fault), ridiculous power creep (f2p games in general), and their really janky ping weirdness and autoparry, I might still be playing.

Rexxed
May 1, 2010

Dis is amazing!
I gotta try dis!

Dirk the Average posted:

Is that a beard slot in his outermost layer of clothing? That is an amazing idea.

Gotta protect yo neck(beard).

Rexxed
May 1, 2010

Dis is amazing!
I gotta try dis!

Hey look it's the official Jerkjerk face of GoonTangClan!

Also, smoking:

I've only animated a couple of these from the ones Grithok extracted, should I do them all/more? I'm not sure every frame is there but most seem to be.

edit: here's a few more, I'll do them all when I have some more time:

Rexxed fucked around with this message at 19:25 on Dec 27, 2014

Rexxed
May 1, 2010

Dis is amazing!
I gotta try dis!

All done!

If you aren't good at computer and just want to link them to confuse and enrage people, here's an imgur gallery:
https://imgur.com/a/moFQJ#72

Here's an archive of all of the animated gifs (might be good to save a copy):
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/38459194/wushu-faces-animated.zip

If you think I hosed up, here's all the original png files grithok posted earlier from the client:
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/38459194/wushu-face.zip

If you think I hosed up animating, here's those png files bulk converted to gif frames, go download unfreez and make animated gifs yourself:
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/38459194/wushu-face-gif-frames.zip

Classic combos:

If you're using the imgur gallery it seems to have made jpg thumbnails of each one and if you click it there's a browsable list, but you seem to have to copy the link to the gif to paste it, not the thumbnail jpg.

Rexxed
May 1, 2010

Dis is amazing!
I gotta try dis!

Grithok might score!

Rexxed
May 1, 2010

Dis is amazing!
I gotta try dis!

PassiveSentence posted:

It's not like everyone left because the game was becoming too ping-dependent and p2w.

TDH has been here since the beginning :smuggo:

They are truly the kings of the rapidly sinking ship. Good job TDH.

Rexxed
May 1, 2010

Dis is amazing!
I gotta try dis!

Skion posted:

Guess who I found

A g-g-g-g-ghost!

Rexxed
May 1, 2010

Dis is amazing!
I gotta try dis!

Hy_C posted:

There's a bridge I'd like to buy for some delabux.

Rexxed
May 1, 2010

Dis is amazing!
I gotta try dis!

When he said "something awful" I thought he was being clever but then he kept talking and it became clear that he is not clever.

Rexxed
May 1, 2010

Dis is amazing!
I gotta try dis!

Zipline posted:

I'm downloading Wushu right now. I'm going to give it another shot, maybe they have rebalanced things. This new expansion that hits today (5/20) looks enormous and fun to mess around with.

I'll be curious to see if the game is playable without Goon guides

Rexxed
May 1, 2010

Dis is amazing!
I gotta try dis!

Zipline posted:

I have spent the last two months in China. During that time I climbed the actual Mt. Hua, constructed my own Dog Beating Staff to fend off monkeys, carried scrolls in a backpack, dropped money into beggars' bowls, went through the gates of Nanjing's city walls, walked the Path of 99 Bends, and more. I have seen things I cannot describe in words or capture in pictures.

But the entire trip all I wanted to do was get home and play Moonlight Blade. Or, rather, play Age of Wushu with a not-bad company, but I don't think that will happen. Having been to China I can say that as amazing as this trip was, seeing an idealized version in digital form is superior. And much, much, much cheaper.

Please tell me goons are still playing this.

I have no idea if goons are playing but that sounds like a neat trip!

Rexxed
May 1, 2010

Dis is amazing!
I gotta try dis!

Don't look at me, I was playing Diablo:

Rexxed
May 1, 2010

Dis is amazing!
I gotta try dis!

But the real question is how is the delabux to paintball conversion rate?

Rexxed
May 1, 2010

Dis is amazing!
I gotta try dis!

Haquer posted:

My favorite thing was how long it took people to realize that Feedz:
1) wasn't actually a goon
2) Spent his college loan money on p2w in age of wushu instead of, say, college

Feedz has a SA account, but I don't know about the second part. Ultima Online had a detrimental effect on my first shot at university so I wouldn't be surprised, though.

Rexxed
May 1, 2010

Dis is amazing!
I gotta try dis!

Schubalts posted:

Because the upgrade isn't to bring back players who left over the monetization, it's for the players that didn't leave.

Both of them?

Rexxed
May 1, 2010

Dis is amazing!
I gotta try dis!

angerbeet posted:

what kind of stick are we talking here

goD bEating stick?

Rexxed
May 1, 2010

Dis is amazing!
I gotta try dis!

Don't marry a ghost.

Rexxed
May 1, 2010

Dis is amazing!
I gotta try dis!

Haquer posted:

I thought tox bought the intoxicate account after we called her a ghost?

Am I mixing up lovely wushu players now? :ohdear:

I thought that was how it went, too. I forget the original character she had that she used when she came on our mumble and grithok declared her a ghost.

Rexxed
May 1, 2010

Dis is amazing!
I gotta try dis!

SweetBro posted:

Pardon me for not following the kewl kids lingo. What's the connotation behind ghost that makes it insulting?

She just had a weird breath-y voice. I think she was kind of upset that she was called a ghost, but I don't think there's anything especially insulting about it.

Rexxed
May 1, 2010

Dis is amazing!
I gotta try dis!

It was made to give Teleprompter something to do other than tailoring.

Rexxed
May 1, 2010

Dis is amazing!
I gotta try dis!

Whoopy posted it in the old griefing thread before it ate itself:
https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=2886637&pagenumber=327&perpage=40#post415927299

Anal Papist posted:

Age of Wushu - Goon Tang Clan 1st Invitational Lemon Party

Skip to the videos below if you don't want/need an explanation.

Firstly some context. In age of wushu every week the top 10 crafters each get prize boxes, in these boxes are often special outfits. We discovered that the farmer profession got points for planting crops but didn't have to harvest the crops to get rank. Last week my character got in the top 10 and got a reward box containing an outfit.

Some people in the guild thought the outfit looked funny because it looks even more like peasant lowbie gear than the gear starting players get. We set out to plant but not harvest many, many crops. This started to cause lag in the surrounding area and even culling when too many crops get planted. Then the server crashed.

We had no clue if the crash was our fault, but we felt it was our duty to stress test the server by going to the busiest zone and growing the biggest sized crops we could. Normal planting looks like this:

This is a goon plantation:

Then we realised that unlike most crops that despawn in 5-10 minutes of not being harvested lemon trees last a good 45-60 min. We soon had the entire farmland of the zone covered in trees so no one could grow anything else. Then we noticed all the carts going past our plantation.

Wushu is a pvp focused game, one of the tasks available is protecting carts rear end they travel between two locations. Players not fr4om your guild may click on your cart to flag as a bandit and attack and destroy your cart stealing the reward you would have got from the task. Our makeshift lemon forest gave us the perfect cover to raid many carts

The entire area was a laggy mess full of culling due to so many extra entities. Players would approach the forest in confusion then real back as darts, claws, and angry goons flew out to destroy them.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yhNPrk8auZU
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y1LUIRRJocI

Rexxed
May 1, 2010

Dis is amazing!
I gotta try dis!

Sniped again by Grithok
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dcTzpbUnx4E

Rexxed
May 1, 2010

Dis is amazing!
I gotta try dis!

Asians whale like this, but Russians whale like that.

Rexxed
May 1, 2010

Dis is amazing!
I gotta try dis!

Remember the good times?

Rexxed
May 1, 2010

Dis is amazing!
I gotta try dis!

Have fun idling in Wudang for encounters! I'm gonna do literally anything else.

Rexxed
May 1, 2010

Dis is amazing!
I gotta try dis!

I found my old screenshots in a backup folder. I did all kinds of evil.

Rexxed
May 1, 2010

Dis is amazing!
I gotta try dis!

angerbeet posted:

I don't remember how I got sucked into playing a Chinese MMORPG but I blame Grithok.

Girthkok has much to answer for.

Rexxed
May 1, 2010

Dis is amazing!
I gotta try dis!

Rexxed
May 1, 2010

Dis is amazing!
I gotta try dis!

StabMasterArson posted:

What made this game turn to poo poo, again? Absolutely loved playing with the goons back in the day, might give it a reinstall

They just kind of kept on piling more and more hard to get skills on that were really strong. A lot were only available by cash shop or random encounter. It made it tedious to try and remain competitive. Also the pve was just god awful, with the only cool feature being that you could enter an instance as an assassin to try and stop people doing a boss fight.

Rexxed
May 1, 2010

Dis is amazing!
I gotta try dis!

Eagle claw dick punch forever. They didn't have the strongest sets but royal guard was hilarious.

Rexxed
May 1, 2010

Dis is amazing!
I gotta try dis!

I've probably said this before but I really liked the blend of pvp into everything in this game. The random pulled in assassin stuff for guild carts and boss fights and jail breaks was a really good mechanic, along with the school raiding and kidnapping. It's a shame about the excessive freemium currencies and cash shop additions.

I've found that trying most modern MMOs I just can't stand much collecting of 0/22 bear asses for any quests so I mostly just play pvp games now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rexxed
May 1, 2010

Dis is amazing!
I gotta try dis!

Almond Crunch posted:

I guess just checking in to say its only taken me until now to get full c7 jade gear with the free benches they throw at you now?

Plz come back? 15 goons would be enough to permanently upset the current whale cabal? Wouldn't that be fun?

Please follow the goon to the quit button.