Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Third World Reggin posted:

TESO is getting boring and the goons that play it are awful.

angerbot posted:

[Chinagame Intensifies]

Got an email saying "You might qualify for a month of vip!". I think the time to return to chinagame is now.

e-The link to the verification page is giving me a 404. Snail, never change.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Kylra posted:

Do you still get the offline unbound with vip?

Whoa if you do then the kidnapping hour makes double sense. Log out after the time and then log in at least before it starts and you'd never get kidnapped and gain maximum profits.

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Im reminded about how poo poo the installer is for this game. I also had my password reset and the email to reset it was entirely in mandarin. Thanks chinagame.

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Im so loving lost I have no idea what to do. I logged in after god knows how long, Im out of the guild, my inventory is full, this package they gave me has like 4 pages of items I cant loot because of it.

Im level 30 emei second internal, I left the game before they added chi, I have like 400 school certs in my bank and a bunch of pills. What is my best course of action?

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Is the vagrant internal any good? Like will it be competitive in pve/pvp? Haq mentioned about the poo poo ton of pills he got that basically got him to near cap with it and it seems to good to be true.

If its good then I wouldn't mind betraying the pretty princess club, I mean, I can join a prettier princess club if I wanted to now right?

http://www.mmobomb.com/giveaway/age-of-wushu-tempest-of-strife-item-giveaway

Also here are some keys to get people back into the game. Bunch of near useless crap but whatever.

also x2 here is the page for free vip + a lot of actual good stuff for returning players. If you were at least expert of self and had paid for vip at least once you can redeem it.

http://www.ageofwushu.com/static/tempest_strife/page4.html

e-3 Hooooly poo poo chinagame please! Please stop giving me things! Im being overwhelmed, the game sent me like 10 mails with items in the.

Cao Ni Ma fucked around with this message at 15:47 on May 9, 2014

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Seriously guys the game has given me like 500 pills and dont know what to do with all of them. Is it safe for me to start gobbling them up or should I do something first. The game is also telling me that I need to join a school before getting into a guild but...I've been an emei for a long time.

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Haquer posted:

The internals are 1st and 2nd internal equivalents so no they won't make you competitive. However the skillsets are amazing and people cheer me on every time I destroy people with it.

I was script stealing in RG last night and a moron tried to kill me with his chain set so I locked him into a permanent combo while some Lawless people stood there laughing at the guy.

Do you know whether or not the amount of pills you get from the dude is a static amount or is it dictated by the current school level you had? I wouldnt mind quitting emei just to avoid having to sit down every time I kidnapped or kill someone. And I need to start getting to insane if I want to be a dancing princess.

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Ok, last question before I betray. What do I do with all my certs? Can I sell them should I buy something with them?

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

"The sword competition on top of mount hua is total bullshit" - an old man after murdering 7 people.

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Does self recollection need to be at a certain level to unlock the second vagrant internal or is it something else?

vvv
Ive got it to level 25 already, dont tell me I have to take it to 42.

Cao Ni Ma fucked around with this message at 02:04 on May 10, 2014

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

So there is this thing that says I have 450 days stored of POWER REDEMPTION, I could probably spend like 120 bucks and end up with 45 million cult in pills, like 60 million chi and 2.2k school certificates.:shepface:

Anyways I re-applied to the guild. Back as CaoNiMa

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Bah its going to take forever for me to get the 100 evil points I need to get to lunatic I cant even imagine the people that have thousands of alignment points.

I made an alt for the purpose of murdering myself for easy evil points but the game preempted me and made it so only dudes of a certain level give out points.

e-Anyone know the exact requirements for this? Like does the player have to be the same rank as you or higher? Someone mentioning having alts run carts and then breaking them but that seems like a pain.

e-2 If anyone has a guy they aren't using anymore, preferably good, we could use him/her as a point lynchpin.

Cao Ni Ma fucked around with this message at 18:35 on May 11, 2014

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

SynthOrange posted:

So has anyone's dick been cut off yet?

I saw a guy in chengdu that had two distinct debuffs on him. One of them said (paraphrasing) "Run away from the castrators to escape castration" and the other one said "You have been recently castrated and are in great pain. Any action taken causes the wound to re-open losing health in the process" or something like that but far more chinagame.txt so yeah I've seen at least one castrated guy. You can spot them because while they have the castrated debuff they are always wheezing and hunch over.

Thanks to Haq I grinded my way to lunatic in a sitting and tomorrow I'll have vagrants second internal to 30 so I'll be able to join the pretty dancing butterfly princesses. I have a feeling they'll suck, maybe I should grind the extra evil I need to go sinister and join peach instead. :v:

ponzicar posted:

Also, I heard that doing carts while in a team with a an evil character is a good way to farm evil points.
Breaking carts gives you evil points but as far as I've heard doing carts by themselves actually nets you good points. Fastest way to grind evil is (if you dont have a lot of kills that would otherwise block entrance to the factions) is to murder a good leaning character over and over again. I maxed out the daily amount of points you could get in about an hour.

Cao Ni Ma fucked around with this message at 02:34 on May 12, 2014

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Just finished the Palace of Shifting Flower entrance quests and they were hilarious. You have to tell the guide like 10 times how horrible, inferior creatures men are and how they should serve us then I had to make makeup and new clothing for the tsundere leader.

e- Now the sidequests are making me bake cakes, do laundry :stare:

Cao Ni Ma fucked around with this message at 15:07 on May 12, 2014

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

funakupo posted:

Palace Shifting is Pretty girl right?

I don't think I could personally sit through doing said quests without getting angry, but I am enjoying reading about them so thanks for this. Post pictures of laundry task please.

Im guessing an all women faction need to have someone do the laundry and Im the lowest in the totem poll right now. Now I got a quest that involves going to every single settlement and murdering a heartbreaker. Im literally an assassin that goes after cheaters. Every single major city and starter town needs social justice handed to it and it can only be paid in blood.

Also the flower cake baking is a mini game. I guess this is the "maid" system the site mentioned.

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Oh my god I though these women where a little less uptight than Emei but that is not the case at all. They might be ok with kidnapping and robbing carts but they are stricter than them in every other aspect.

Drop out of lunatic? Discipline as you drop and every hour you remain out of lunatic.

Alcohol? Check. Meat? Double check, I cannot eat meat anymore which would explain why all the food they give me are sweets.

The trees and animals have feelings that I cannot hurt. I cant hunt or gather wood anymore. Welp, wouldn't be that bad if I wasnt a loving chef!

Cannot use killer related titles. Cannot have colored names caused by killings.

I sort of get why the faction leader goes on about being strict, this is insane.

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Its not hard. For every evil point you get 2 good points as leeway. Points decay at a rate of 1 per day depending on some factors. If you feel like you are in risk go rescue some guys for good points or kidnap people for evil ones.

Once in the school you'll have a lot of restrictions on killing innocents which sort of screws your possibility of farming people for evil again.

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Haquer posted:

The starter factions all have ways to buy gear, does pretty girls not?

They do, its the same npc that offers most of the daily quests.

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Is it always that hard to join plum? Shifting flowers was super easy to join once the ball went rolling.

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Kylra posted:

There's one that takes 3-4 days of daily tokens to get a single piece of silver gear for 30 days.

So no.

Theres permanent versions that are 400 tokens. Good luck with that.

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Man they really need to cut back on the health of the school event mobs for palace of shifting flowers. We need to have like 10 times the numbers we already have to clear the bosses while everything else can be done easier with with 2 or 3 the numbers. Its a huge disparity.

And I dont think we'll ever have the amount of players in the faction. Its exclusive by its own nature, an all female lunatic faction with relatively high requirements on a server that doesn't have a lot of people to begin with and seems to be getting less every time snail opens up a new server.

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Its worse now that money is so hard to come by.

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

If you get return pills then you basically get a free 750k cult every day to level your first to third school internals.

Since Im jianghuing up they arent useful for me to raise my base level. Instead I use them to unlock meridians which is pretty cheap now days. Ive gotten Wudang, Yangmen, Wanderers and Beggars first meridian books/scripts for a few hundred liang total. I can get Beggars 2 pretty cheap too when I need to.

e-Thats not counting the whole recover strength thing. Im planning on pigging out when I get POMFs second identity.

Cao Ni Ma fucked around with this message at 12:07 on May 16, 2014

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

The game is asking me to get pebbled silk for one of the influence dailies but there is nothing with that name in the game. So many of our influence quests are hosed up with wrong translations rendering them almost impossible to finish.

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

FebrezeNinja posted:

Flipping through the text files real quick, get a tailor to try Fan Brocade. One of those weird fabrics for 3 coarse + 3 flax.

E: no i have no idea how that at all resembles Pebbled Silk but that's what the CN line reference half-translates as.

Where did you get these text files? It could help later on. Like right now people have trouble finding what the gently caress nutgrass and ant silk are as well.

I can only assume that the guy that was doing the first translation decided to be creative and the new one is being 100% literal.

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Ok now that I've unlocked POMFs second Identity I have no idea how the game expects us to use all these tokens. Im getting over 60 every day, internal books at my identity range are 10 tokens each. Ive bought all the internal books allowed by my identity the moment it popped up and I had enough to buy the basic attacks level 4 book.

By the time I can actually buy school gear I'll be getting like 100 tokens every day, which makes the grind for them a whole lot more bearable considering you'd probably have enough stored from before to outright buy every skill book to seven and all internals.

-e The major limitation is always influence to get to a higher identity and the rarer order tokens that are only used for gear and higher level skills.

Cao Ni Ma fucked around with this message at 13:09 on May 20, 2014

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

So whats all this about internal and external damage? Say Im a pretty princess in the POMF faction and I want the new slut dancing princess sting set which is mostly yin-soft, will I be hampered by it in one way or another?

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

KittyEmpress posted:

Is spending thirty dollars on a set seriously worth it though?

No probably not but you can always find solace in people spending 20 times more on just one random skill from a set (ancient tai chi) than a complete cash shop set.

PassiveSentence posted:

While we're comparing skills to champs in LoL, it also has a Shen taunt that makes a player walk towards you for 4 seconds.
Its more like Ahri's since its a ranged charm rather than a melee taunt.

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Christopher posted:

So it's been quite a while since I actually played this game (I hopped in a month or two ago for a day and Goontang was basically dead). I do want to give this game a shot and I qualify for the Hermit Hero reward so that should help me to catch up a bit. Are goons active at all? Back when I played we were pretty much TPing daily and doing school events and goonballs constantly. Is this not the case anymore? Last time I logged in a goon suggested I join some other guild that has absorbed some goons and was much more active. I want to play but I definitely don't want to be logging in to an empty mumble and standing around doing nothing for hours. I'm sure the game is definitely not as populated/active as it was when I was playing but I want to try to get the best out of it. What's the status on all of this?

There are over twenty people active during prime time although some of them are probably chinagame and ironchef doing their part in the cart wars. Defenitely not as active as it was during its heyday but this is all around on the game do to in no small part constant fuckery by snail.

Its not a bad time to return to the game though. A lot of non poop sockers took a big hit to join the new factions. The pills and mentoring can help you get back into the game if you want to stick to your school. If you want to go jianghu factions you can use them to unlock meridians.

The economy is hosed right and it'll be really hard for you to get money if you cant be there for dark traffiking powerhours but if you can then it'll probably be better than before. Things are much cheaper than they were when I quit and they seem to keep dropping in price. Traffiking can make you more money than before if you only played a while a day during prime time.

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Are 5th inners already set in stone? I heard the emei is literal immortality. Like once the ability triggers you cannot die and all your attacks start to leech health.

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Kidnapping should be a sort of x amount times allowed to kidnap a day instead of the current "only during these hours" deal. I know that they want to force everyone into a single zone and time to foment pvping and murdering of bots trying to deliver but this ultimately fucks up more people than it helps.

e-Or hell, do it like factions do their events now days. You register to take place in a mass kidnapping event and go balls out kidnapping everyone in a town. The event takes place several times a day but you can only register once, so if you already did it you can just pvp them if you want.

Cao Ni Ma fucked around with this message at 00:47 on May 23, 2014

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

I dont see why Snail would shutter the US version of the game given the pittance of money they need to keep the servers going and I doubt their customer support and translation team are weighing too deeply into their profits. This is assuming the game is profitable in china where their main development team is at.

EA literally ran the WAR servers till their rights to the game expired, and that game couldn't have more than 50 subscribers in it during the last years of its sorry existence. Snail by comparison could probably keep the US version going indefinitely with just Mutou's money.

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Saradiart posted:

So can I get rootless skills by watching/attending Hua?

You can get any factions skills. Like if somehow luck out you can get an entire set of rootless...as a woman! I think one of the guys in the tournament got one of POMFs skills (Grafting, the one that makes you dance around like an idiot for a few seconds).

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Kylra posted:

To the goons who just did the POMF excursion with me: I told you it was hardcore.

Its beyond hardcore. At least there is noticeable improvement from last week. Last week we couldnt even clear that one boss without running out of time triggering the burn down the HQ poo poo. This time we cleared that without any issues and actually triggered the first post burn boss. We still need like triple the numbers though, the game expects us to kill 3 bosses after the burn phase starts.

For those that dont know how it works, this is an event that expects us to have massive numbers of members in our faction, divide them into organized teams and strike at 4 different locations at the same time. There has to be a group at the HQ stopping as many reinforcements from flooding into the other areas, another group destroying the initial starting area, another dealing with the area thats right after that and finally another dealing with the one before the hq.

e- The trash has so much hp, the ones you just killed already respawned before you can clear the newest pack. The reinforcements will not stop until they reach their end point no matter how hard you hit them. You have to chain knockdowns to stand a chance.

Cao Ni Ma fucked around with this message at 03:27 on May 26, 2014

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Man every time you open your mouth all I see is a j4g that should probably be posting in r/bitcoins or old DnD.

This is a loving chinagame please if you want to talk about deflationary economies and how good they are (For the rich) please make a post in DnD and get laugh at.

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

TheRagamuffin posted:

So apparently silver from offline work is broken now? This has happened to me the last two times I've tried to claim my offline silver:

I'm about done with this game for a while anyway, so I guess this is an appropriate send-off. gently caress you too, Chinagame.

This was happening for a while to me and then it fixed itself giving me 30 liang at once. Now the thing doesnt even show up anymore.

vvv
Really? It used to be that you would log in after work and you'd have some waiting for you.

Cao Ni Ma fucked around with this message at 22:55 on May 27, 2014

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Apparently 5th school internals are out in china version of chinagame.

http://www.ageofwushu.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=23034&sid=fbd77096ad2df3151014de6ee98b06c3

The previous rumors were all mostly wrong. 5th school inners are apparently very close active wise to jianghu inners. You have to complete a quest chain to unlock the tier + first leves. Then you can complete a weekly 7 times cap event, daily trade in of certs/sheepskin and challenge fights to get the new currency used to get higher levels.

Jianghu inners got a boost to their cap as well and are now at 75 which will be two strength identities higher than 5th inners will be.

The way the game calculates your strength level changes when you go over "100" with each new level in your inner giving you 2 points in the calculation instead of one. So Jianghu inners, which right now are at 100, will get an additional 22 points from their 11 levels, which takes them to "hidden talent". School inners are at 90 right now so, 5th ones will start at around 55-60 (Peak of Power) and cap out at 110-115 (Unique).

Cao Ni Ma fucked around with this message at 14:49 on May 28, 2014

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

I dont know, there were two conflicting "beta" 5th internals and their skills were incredibly OP. No way in hell would you get an inner that makes a person invincible for 15 while at low health and then have them recover a portion of the damage that they sustained in that state. They'd be immortal during guild wars.

These seem a whole lot more down to earth but also incredibly dull in comparison.

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

So last week I accidentally click a horrible lore item from one the dudes in the banks and ended up eating half of the profits I got from selling a ancient tai chi frag to EmperorDing. I was pretty loving bummed out because I was going to use the money to buy more internals and gear.

Today I was about to start a tp when the leader dropped for an afk check. The moment we are about to start for real I see the red lantern with the girl from ancient taichi RE and I couldnt believe it was for me. But it was, chinagame loving love me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Daily information post for chinagame. First topic, actual china versions incoming update.

As I mentioned yesterday, the latest china version patch included 5th internals and updates to jianghu inners. Jianghu faction inners are also getting a boost taking them to t5 status. A new ancient set is being released, ancient sets are going to go up to level 10, school 1-3 sets are going to go up to 11 and 4th sets to 8.

New instances are going to be made that drop the new currency to upgrade your 5th inners.

Complete details are Here for those that can speak this moon language with like 3000 characters.

Also for our version, Snail is planning to aggressively re-introduce inflation to the game. I'll just quote Earthquake since its faster

Earthquake making sense finally posted:

Greetings. Please be aware, this topic is my #1 priority. I have read all of the posts in this thread and check it for updates on a daily basis.

I am currently in talks with the technical team / Developer team on a daily basis on this topic.

Here are my current talking points with the Dev team.
1. Lower price of Ding to $15-20 USD / Ding.
2. Make Kidnapping VIP only.
3. Add another period to the Greedy Kidnapping Event.

The above are all feedback and suggestions provided by players in this thread. While other suggestions including the development of new game mechanics are promising, they are not able to be implemented quickly, thus they will be provided on a separate report to the Dev Team.

Due to the fact that we will not be having a maintenance this week, no changes will be made as far as a resolution for this topic. I hope to have an update on this topic by maintenance time, next week.

Thank you for your continuous participation in this thread, your feedback and suggestions are invaluable.

Will they actually carry through with it? Who knows! I know I'll be holding unto the frag and books I just got for a few weeks instead of selling them now.

vvv
Yep. Its insane.

Cao Ni Ma fucked around with this message at 13:07 on May 29, 2014