Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Haroshia
Feb 27, 2011

You think this is a game?

Bauxite posted:

I was wondering why the game wouldn't let me join goons, makes sense now.

If I'm planning on going golden needle sect as soon as possible after getting the vagrants sets, should I just get the kicks at whichever inner level they become available and then ditch the inners for golden needle's? This is on a brand spankin new character (If you see Xite sitting on a roof in chengdu that's me AFK cultivating while I'm at school) I don't think I'm really going to actually use the vagrant's sets, but I'd like to pick them up while I have the chance.

The Vagrant sets are good, so get both of them. You don't really need to ditch an inner either, just stop training it. Shen sounds like a good stepping stone though, and the inner sounds interesting.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Haroshia
Feb 27, 2011

You can get quite a few by running exploring jianghu. Doing all the known and famous for the full 7 runs should get you enough. I think you get like 4 per famous and 3 per known....Or we could have a year boss night.

Haroshia fucked around with this message at 18:05 on May 13, 2014

Haroshia
Feb 27, 2011

Kylra posted:

I only have a jade coat and can't get school contribution gear due to incognito. Is there an alternative To school gear now?.

Factions have gear you can buy as your rep goes up with them.

Haroshia
Feb 27, 2011

If somebody could see if there are more Arhat boxes when the servers are up I would appreciate it. Hope springs eternal.

Haroshia
Feb 27, 2011

funakupo posted:

Is that what that RE is now or did I get something else?

I got the suicidal girl in Suzhou RE yesterday and logged out when I couldn't make it up the drat mountain behind Peach Blossom Pool to her after confirming her monkey is in fact super dead.

I have no problems with goon price to you for said invite, because I don't want to leave beggars. Just holler next time you see koop online when you are and we'll make the trade.

That RE was probably the weirdest cut scene yet for me in AoW. If you have ever seen the alternate ending for Coup de Torchon, we are talking that level of weird--even down to being a grainy black and white "dream" sequence of her dancing with her monkey.

That gets you two feathers unfortunately. Nothing to do with peach.

Haroshia
Feb 27, 2011

Does the flute benefit from sword weapon manuals?

Haroshia
Feb 27, 2011

Haquer posted:

^^^ Seriouspost: the new tutorial is amazing

It does. I'm almost done with my 64 tier so currently I only have +38 from manuals alongside over 100 damage from my flute. Also, the rage move at all tiers doesn't show your damage at all :iiam: and the scaling of brawn and breath on the sert is pretty low. However, just having the charge move at level 3 does 631 damage so they just flat out gave the set more damage instead. Really can't wait to have the set to 8.

Excellent. Now to just get a brawn spirit swap :gizz:

Haroshia
Feb 27, 2011

Yeah look at the cost of high level beast villa skills. Don't blow your certs. A single page of a skill to 7 is like 300ish certs.

Haroshia
Feb 27, 2011

SweetBro posted:

I want the new set simply for the "Paint me like one of your French girls" pose. It's a must for my Rootless.

The new set sounds amazing but Jesus wept I really don't want to get another weapon and grind weapon manuals to jiggle my hobo booty like a smelly pirate hooker.

Haroshia
Feb 27, 2011

Haquer posted:

Rage was doing ~1200 damage before crits at level 1 for me. And since it's 10 hits crits will definitely be more often :black101:

I just noticed it has a Zed (from LoL ) style teleport. Dammit. Now I gotta buy it.

Haroshia
Feb 27, 2011

Yeah Chinagame economy is hosed. I haven't even gotten a stall since the patch because I can't afford it, AND I'm not confident I can sell enough stuff to even cover the 100L it would cost. Basically, Snail's only option at this point if they keep kidnapping as is is to lower the cost of snail taels to something reasonable. Otherwise, there's a lot of content most people will never even see, and that's a shame. I hesitate to even click the button for possession these days, or to pay for extra card flips. Used to be 10L was nothing, but now it's quite a bit. Now that the post faction hype is dying down too, it seems like fewer and fewer people are playing. Many of the old players have moved to greener pastures, and I wouldn't be surprised to see the newer generation of players doing the same thing once they reach the endgame.

Basically I think snail hosed themselves pretty hard. Rumors from Jizzwhiz talking to Earthquake said Snail was about one cunthair away from sun setting the game before the Steam launch and the influx of new players dug it away from being a total loss. Maybe I'm just a bittervet, but I can't see the game lasting for another year. Maybe if they do a big server merge that might save it, but even so that will just be delaying the inevitable.

Something has to give. Either they need to lower the cost of taels, or turn the kidnapping faucet on again.

Haroshia
Feb 27, 2011

Haquer posted:

They should honestly reduce the cost of taels to $0.01 each (they're currently $0.03 which is 1 ding for $30 which is hahahahtghwer4jktgyhnw3rjygn No.) if even that much.

Problem is, then the pay2wins will whine and then you have people like Intoxicate who believe that because they spend more they should have better things and then welp RIP chinesemmorpg.

Can we call it what it really is in Tox's case? Whore2win.

Haroshia
Feb 27, 2011

funakupo posted:

Snail would still need to reduce some of the static game prices like stall of 200L, upgrade powder of 150L, etc.

Right and that's my point about lowering tael prices. Those prices are static and very high. You literally cannot make enough to cover them with kidnapping now in any reasonable timeframe, and buying taels direct from snail for 30 bucks is way too high.

Haroshia
Feb 27, 2011

PassiveSentence posted:

ChienMa duels at the bank with Perish, is this real life?

He let me gank him twice after losing duels outside Chengdu bank. Old Chienma logged into an instance if he had to take a poo poo. I don't think this is the same Chienma.

Haroshia
Feb 27, 2011

Beast Villa quests are pretty consistently destroying animals. Different types of animals for every tier, but so far it seems the faction that loves animals pretty much just wants to hunt them for parts.

Haroshia
Feb 27, 2011

HapiMerchant posted:

Circlejerks.

In other news, guess who joined NoTrabbu? Our good friend Natalie! :psyduck:

Word is they're thrilled to have her.

Haroshia
Feb 27, 2011

Hole Wolf posted:

Cucked by his teenage internet mistress :eyepop:

Can't turn a camwhore into an e-housewife.

Haroshia
Feb 27, 2011

For those who can't read moon runes, there's this. 5th inner info

The tael price lowering is long overdue as well. I doubt it will cause much inflation in the high end goods market because the price of high end goods is pegged off the cost of illegal taels, not actual Snail taels. Current price is between 10-15 bucks per ding from gold farmers. They might undercut harder, but if they do it will be a difference of a few bucks rather than half the price. IMO it's a good idea.

Haroshia fucked around with this message at 18:19 on May 29, 2014

Haroshia
Feb 27, 2011

ponzicar posted:

I've noticed that since the expansion came out, arhat fist's knockup and piledriver combo is working a lot more often. Is lotus palm's combo working now as well?

Yes. So is the Emei combo. Also, gently caress you for having the Arhat combo.

Haroshia
Feb 27, 2011

madmario posted:

Not what I heard. Except from bumba. Do the math on that.

I forgot my sarcasm tag.

Haroshia
Feb 27, 2011

Namelus posted:

Friendly duels in Chengdu. Unrivalled Beggars are really strong these days.
Beggars OP actually.

Didn't you gently caress off to Archeage?

Haroshia
Feb 27, 2011

:frogsiren: NEW TERRORISTS :frogsiren:

So I'm autopathing through Jimmies the other day alt-tabbed, and get jumped and murdered by 5 MysticDesire members. Apparently Lorilie is buttmad over Stormbringer killing her a lot. I asked them if they REALLY wanted to make enemies out of the alliance, and they said we had already done so by Storm attacking her. Apparently they've decided Goons are KoS now. I called in backup, and we camped them into the Herbal Hall in short order, but they're still talking poo poo.

SO, TIL THEY BEG FOR MERCY, MysticDesire are to be considered terrorist sympathizers and should be murdered as much as you want. The good news is they're terrible, have no allies of note, and are a great way for our newer members to get experience in terrorist murder. HAVE FUN!

Haroshia fucked around with this message at 16:29 on Jun 1, 2014

Haroshia
Feb 27, 2011

Yo Big.bo if you read this log on the forums and reply to Earthquake's PM. One of your guides won the contest, so please enjoy your drunk fist. You only have until tomorrow to claim it.

Haroshia fucked around with this message at 16:12 on Jun 4, 2014

Haroshia
Feb 27, 2011

Iowa posted:

Where do drunken master fragments come from, and how much do they usually sell for?

I really like the set and would be interested in leveling it, but I don't know how realistic that is.

Hoooooboy.

Okay, first off you can only get the 1-3s from events, so if you don't have it yet just look out for an event on the forums. Then, you need the fragments. They come from all levels of beggar bags, but unless you have loads of time you'll be wanting to get them from the 10L bags. It took me 2000ish of the low level bags to get one frag. I got one ABOUT every 10-20 bags from the self-justification bags. You need 10 frags for a single page of a single skill.

There are much better ways you can spend your money.

Haroshia
Feb 27, 2011

aleksendr posted:

Trust Snail to give you something that is nothing but a cash sink in disguise. Any of your school, faction or 99gold set will reach level 6+ much faster, leaving your drunken master to molder on your skill bar, unused like so many other sets sadly locked at lv4.

If i remember correctly you also need two types of items to level it past a certain level, the previously mentioned scraps you get form beggars bags and another item named "pear wine" you can get form various RE rewards.

I didn't mention the wines because they are insanely common. Yue Mingke gives piles of 15-20 of them, and it takes 1 wine per skill.

Haroshia
Feb 27, 2011

If the Camel mount lets me spit on people and it pops up on the screen like a disgusting loogie version of the egg splat, I might pay 600 bucks for it.

Haroshia
Feb 27, 2011

Cao Ni Ma posted:

EVE doesnt outright ban you from illegal currency trading, they just take the total money you bought from your wallet. This often leads to massive negative value wallets with very little ways of going back to black without buying plexes and selling them in the market. I remember some years ago there was a massive RMT sweep that lead to several top rollers with negative wallet accounts in the tens of billions, they then proceed to mass buy plexes to pay of their debt, crashing the plex market for a few weeks.

The problem with doing this in Wushu is they would have to destroy the items and skills bought with the cash, rather than the cash itself. The buy back practice of Snail is a massive issue that's wide open for corruption. The big issue is they don't NEED to do these things to make money, but whatever. The US market of this game is a cash grab by the company, and the entertainment derived from it comes from the players.

Haroshia
Feb 27, 2011

Can I murder people who barely speak English?

Haroshia
Feb 27, 2011

Third World Reggin posted:

From what I read, it will be f2p.

There are non pvp zones which are towns and schools, open pvp everywhere else.

There are two types of guilds, or guild actions. I won't know until level 35. But there are bandits and mercenary groups.

The help file is really good, and there are differences between the two groups. If you are a bandit, you kidnap someone, torture them, get a confession, then can spend up to 3 confessions a day to hijack carts.

You've sold me. Gonna check it out.

EDIT: Or I would check it out if it wasn't in closed loving beta.

DOUBLE EDIT: Nevermind, got a key.

Haroshia fucked around with this message at 23:54 on Jun 16, 2014

Haroshia
Feb 27, 2011

In other news, Sword mans keeps giving me server wide popups that "Soandso killed whatshisface and stole an item off his still warm corpse". So you can apparently murder and rob people.

Haroshia
Feb 27, 2011

I couldn't get into the Goon mumble because I am bad. Grithok we should probably play a bit more, gather more info, and start a thread. This game has potential.

Haroshia
Feb 27, 2011

Natalie_Luna posted:

The Swordman combat seems so clunky... Wushu's is more fun imho, also personal taste, but I don't like the whole ice and fireballs and what not, Wushus Chi energy balls seem more fitting to the universe than stuff that looks like western fantasy mage casters.

The combat feels a ton better once you get your flight skills, get block, and switch to action control mode. It looks like there is SOME depth here. I am just waiting to find it.

Haroshia
Feb 27, 2011

Haquer posted:

I don't mind if they talk about it here since it seems like Wushu but worse. But since they're both based on Wuxia and both dev teams are money grabbing there are a ton of parallels.

I'm interested in seeing if the combat actually gives more depth (doubt it) or any other comedy.

As far as I know, perfect world has never sold a sword skin for 16k, or a 600 dollar camel. Granted they are still pay2play in everything but name, but they aren't nearly as blatantly and unabashedly awful as Snail.

Haroshia
Feb 27, 2011

Saltybet China edition confirmed.

Haroshia
Feb 27, 2011

SynthOrange posted:

Is there a set that lets you be an annoying rear end in a top hat in the same way as the Wushu Royal Guard chain set?

So far in my experience the Sun Moon sect are the biggest dickass dicks. They have double daggers with chains attached to them they can throw and toss nerds around with.

Haroshia
Feb 27, 2011

Mr.Pibbleton posted:

Whelp my laptop that could run wushu had issues of its own, but now the built in mouse's left click isn't working and neither are any of the usb ports. I tried re-installing Wushu a third time and things are still getting worse. All the maintence optimization I've done on my computer has made all my other games run better though. I don't think I'm going to play wushu anymore, I loved playing with you guys but this constantly stuttering, lag, freeze ups and random crashing just makes it too frustrating an experience now. So I'm going to be distributing my stuff and giving away my account.

NNNNNNNNNNNNOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Come try Swordsman with us. Plz. Don't go Pibbleton :smithicide:

Haroshia
Feb 27, 2011

Delerion posted:

Oddly my ping to swordsman has been a stable 90-100 despite playing from Finland, it does have timed events though and guild ones seem to be pretty late but they're not as mandatory as script stealing was at one point.

Yeah turns out their servers don't suck. I'm east coast and without BP I'm in sub 100 ping all the time, most of the time sub 50.

Haroshia
Feb 27, 2011

We found disguise items that allow you to have alternate solutions to hijacking quests. Basically, you put on the outfit and you get things you can use that sleep the hijackers and allow you to rob the cart without fighting. One of them is a female who can distract them with a sexy lip bite.

This is that female.

So kawaii

Haroshia
Feb 27, 2011

Swordsman 1v1 Tier List According to My Dumb rear end

So I've been spending a great deal of time trying to understand the combat system in Swordsman. Most of it has been spent 1v1 dueling, and I can flat out say the game is NOT balanced with that in mind. Some classes are far and away better than others. Keep in mind however that many of the videos I have seen have involved 3v3 arenas, open world pvp, battlefield pvp, guild vs guild, and all that. 1v1 is just a small facet of the game, and the classes that excel in that can, in some cases, be very useless in group PvP and PvE.

1v1 PvP in Swordsman SEEMS complex, but it really boils down to two factors. The first is how easy it is for your class to land your "hard" CC. Hard CC is either an "Acupuncture" (sap), a Headshot (Stun), or a Pull. The second factor is how much damage you can deal following up that stun to a single target. Most of the high damage abilities are targeted in an area, and have a long wind up time, but once you're caught in them you are hosed.

Please keep in mind that this is my personal opinion after loving around in the arena for a while, and there may be a lot of stuff I'm missing. This is based on level 40 PvP in the stat equalizing 1v1 arena. Nobody has the lost skills yet, which may make some other things viable. Nobody is level 60 either, which opens up two more skill slots that may open more tactical possibilities.

SO, without further disclaimers:

1. Harmony - Harmony has a ranged, unblockable, targeted flash step skill that also acupunctures you. They can then follow it up with an easy combo that knocks off over 50% of your HP and blinds you. It is as annoying as it sounds. The only defense is to jump, since it can't hit you in the air.

2. Sun Moon Cult - If they hit you with their ranged pull, you can get combo'd for about 80% of your life with a few lucky crits, and at least 50% without any. It hurts that bad. Not only that, but the time on it is long enough that they can pull you again very shortly after. The only reason they're below Harmony is the pull cooldown is longer and I BELIEVE it can be blocked. It doesn't hit you in the air either, so that's nice.

3. Zephyr - They have an EXTREMELY fast acupuncture skill that can hit you in the air, and they can follow it up with an unstoppable combo for at least 50% of your hp. Not only that, but they have other abilities they can just throw in while fighting to keep you at a distance. Nasty. Their acupuncture can be blocked however.

4. Five Venoms - Hello infinite combo. Their pull seems to be easier to dodge than Sun Moon, but if you get stuck in it they can put an area on the ground that freezes you, poisons you, sets you on fire, and ruins your loving day after they stomp on your nuts.

5. Tongmen - Headshot loving sucks. They can snipe you, which stuns you, then root you, then toss a bunch of bullets on your face. They can also put down mines that acupuncture you and allow them to put more bullets into your face. Only reason they're not higher is that if you can stay on them you can murder them, and their followup combo isn't as damaging as the others.

6. Splendor - Apparently they used to be a lot better, but got nerfed. Their acupuncture isn't as easy to hit as others, but their followup is very damaging. Their real strength lies in their mobility and their grab abilities allowing them to stop the actions of others. Would be a lot higher if their acupuncture was easier to hit.

7. Emei - Have a ranged grab similar to Venoms and Sun Moon, but can't poo poo out as much damage as they can or lockdown as hard as they can. Still, they can potentially knock off 50% of your HP in a combo, and they can heal, which is nice.

8. Infinity - They have a counter attack that teleports and acupunctures, and a secondary ability that's a normal acupuncture attack. Sounds great right? Except the counter to counter attacks is acupuncture, and the animation that you are "counter ready" is very obvious. Their regular acupuncture attack is also very long animation, and their followup damage isn't that great unless you use an ability with a 60 second cooldown.

9. Wutang - Their entire CC schtick is based around sticking their sword in the ground, and moving it around like the Orianna ball from League of Legends. If you get stuck in it, they can knock you prone, acupuncture you, or do all sorts of nasty things. Still it's much easier to avoid than the other schools, and even if they do get you their damage output isn't great.

10. Shaolin - Sadly the worst at 1v1 PVP in my opinion. Their acupuncture, despite being long range has a very long and obvious animation, and although their damage output is great they need to hit with CC to set up their combo. Best thing they have going for them is a very fast long range grab where they smack you around in the air, but they can't easily follow up on it.

So yeah that's about the long and short of it if you're into 1v1 PvP. Please keep in mind that in any group situation or PvE, this list would be drat near close to reversed in terms of ability.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Haroshia
Feb 27, 2011

Drinkfist posted:

A nice little note to everyone playing swordsman and seeing the CC effects determine 1v1s. At level 50 you are allowed to use a skill that expends focus in order to break CC as well as make you immune to CC for some period of time. I asked some Viet about it and they responded with the phrase "Its a magic carpet ride". And here I didn't think they liked freedom and Disney movies.

Good to know. Adds a bit more depth to it.