Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Zodack
Aug 3, 2014

Haquer posted:

Ahaha somehow that's worse than wushu :negative:

I've thought about checking it out when wushu dies but it looks like goons will have moved onto ArchAge or the next New And Shiny Game Of The Season by then so welp.

Wushu has been dead for a while. Membership in NT got so low that they started recruiting pubbies. It's just soulless and the fact that it's busted and there are ridiculous cash shop sets doesn't make it any better.

I thought about checking out swordsman myself, but AA is the only thing on my radar now.

ArcheAge will be flavor of the year I think.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zodack
Aug 3, 2014
Maybe it was the mystique of a half broken game where no one really knew how to get half of the stuff, and there really were secrets to the game because no one understood chinagame speak. The PvP was actually pretty well-designed for a while before the insane cash shop stuff became more and more prevalent.

Zodack
Aug 3, 2014

SweetBro posted:

I remember being one of the first people to chop off my dong and acquire ultimate power on the server, and then running around with other people who have chopped of their dongs, to forcefully chop off someone else's dong. I remember making over 80D by scamming the market by selling crafting materials at 0D 0L 60W and then changing one of the stack to 0D 60L 0W. For all of it's lovely half-assed poorly translated laggy as gently caress bullshit, I genuinly enjoyed most of my time in chinagame which is more than I can say for most MMOs.

It's weird because of how bad a game AoW was but I look back on my time in it more fondly than most MMOs, which is weird because it was broken and awful.

But for some reason that made it really, really fun to explore because no one knew what the hell they were doing.

Zodack
Aug 3, 2014
All I remember was CallMeKing spending a small country's gross median income on getting a bunch of skills and the giant guild battles the western guilds had with all those vietnamese guys.

Zodack
Aug 3, 2014
My best experience with Snail was buying their gold or w/e to get the special cash shop martial arts, except I got an "Error: Transaction Failed" message at the end whenever I would go to complete my purchase.

Annoyed, I tried two more times before I got a success. I then realized that regardless of the error message they were charging my card each time. Went $150 in the hole for chinagame that day.

Zodack
Aug 3, 2014
I spent an afternoon a few weeks ago trying to explain this game to my friends and felt like I was having a stroke. Telling them you could spit alcohol on people until they threw up or you could get kidnapped while logged out of the game, or the time I did some random event quest that no one knew the steps for or could understand and somehow solved it, got a table, and then a goon tried to make a cool sword for me and failed.

Instead of "will there ever be a good MMO again" we need to ask "will there ever be another MMO that is so bad it's good"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zodack
Aug 3, 2014
But can you gank another guy by spitting booze on him until he throws up?