Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mr.Pibbleton
Feb 3, 2006

Aleuts rock, chummer.

SweetBro posted:

My favorite scam was was selling low cost mats (like Iron for 65W) in large stacks in my stall and then randomly in the middle putting one of them for 65L. It always felt great to wake up one day and see 10D in my mail.

I used to have stalls that sold mats at reasonable prices and bought them for much lower and people would say I was scamming them when they confused buy and sell and bought out my inventory to sell back to me at reduced prices. Oh and selling horse spears that you could only use in one specific dungeon that were free there.

Avynte posted:

paying for premium time with subway gift cards remains the strangest part of my short experience

God that was amazing. :allears:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr.Pibbleton
Feb 3, 2006

Aleuts rock, chummer.

Delamore posted:

Not sure who started the rumors, but people assumed that because I also did trades with my own funds that I was spending goon money. Surprisingly since I was spending most of my time trading stuff for goonunism I also managed to buy and sell stuff for my own profit, who would have guessed?
I think most of the players who spread it had no idea just how expensive crafting was in this game, none of the players who did goonunism crafting ever spoke out against it because they got to see first hand just how crazy the costs involved were.
I think it was something like 10L materials to craft, 40L enchant cost to enchant 4x, and anywhere from 30-150L in materials used for 4x upgrading depending on what tier of armor it was. When we wiped the first spreadsheet to clean out inactives and start a new one there was something like 200+ goons who had received almost full sets of armor which was like 5 or so pieces each and I think we probably did over 100+ on the next sheet too.
Haven't bothered posting about this before because it seems like it's pissing in the wind trying to speak up about rumors from a long dead game, but it's awkward having people bring up something just out right wrong all these years later.

I received a full suit of copper tier gear early on, although one of the shirts was the wrong alignment, then I was criticized by 3rdworldreggin for equipping it.

"You should've known better!"

"This is Age of Wushu, nobody knows poo poo."

Also I contributed so much gaultheria that I was asked to tone it down due to how full the inbox was getting. Then the next week I needed to get back to gathering because crafting had outpaced the supply.

funakupo posted:

I think it was the camaraderie that set it apart. Sure, a game that I can woo Dongfang with gifts is pretty loving odd, but that task would have been a boring slog without the chat behind it. Gathering mats for the guild upgrades or being babysat thru an instance was always fun for me. Most people would not have tolerated an old woman expat, who is inherently bad at games at that let alone high ping, but you all were always welcoming. I moved on from Belgium and am now in Norway, but I have never found the same absurdly magical mix of good people since then online.

"SEARCH FOR SEEDS! RARE SEEDS!" then we focused on lemon seeds. :) I remember doing instances and people just being so good natured about goon projects like that.

Mr.Pibbleton fucked around with this message at 22:57 on Jun 13, 2020

Mr.Pibbleton
Feb 3, 2006

Aleuts rock, chummer.

Rynoto posted:

More games need free-for-all murder fests over stall space.

Remember that guy who got pissed at us because he thought he lost the bid on his stall, but actually won it?