Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Blind Sally posted:

So Trizophenie sent me a message on Steam this morning. Something about extended LPs. There was a link too:

https://twitter.com/killzone/status/565209855263113217

His eyes are Vs, V=5. KILLZONE 5 CONFIRMED

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!
It resembles that ISA badge icon you can see in the background. Though I'm not sure if that's a specific badge that appears in any of the games. I don't recognize it from Killzone 2 or 3 multiplayer. Any Mercenary or Shadow Fall players recognize that logo from any badges?

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Blind Sally posted:

It resembles that ISA badge icon you can see in the background. Though I'm not sure if that's a specific badge that appears in any of the games. I don't recognize it from Killzone 2 or 3 multiplayer. Any Mercenary or Shadow Fall players recognize that logo from any badges?

Apparently it's just a double experience weekend promotion for Killzone: Shadow Fall's multiplayer. The V symbol apparently is Shadow Fall's Valor (multiplayer experience) symbol.

Carry on.

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!
Oh, haha, I get it. Two V's for double-Valour, which is double XP. Hahahahahahahahahahahahaaaaaaaaaaaaa--

gyrobot
Nov 16, 2011
Kudos to Blind Sally to examine Killzone as literature and sink to blind praise of Helghast

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!
Wait, what?

gyrobot
Nov 16, 2011

Blind Sally posted:

Wait, what?

Yeah, most Killzone threads I encounter focus on wanking about how awesome Helghast are and how they should have a Helghast campaign instead.

biosterous
Feb 23, 2013

I think your previous post was missing a pretty critical "not"

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!
Yeah, it makes more sense now.

Although, a Helghast campaign could potentially be fun. Imagine how difficult it would be playing a Killzone game without ever using cover! :v:

DO IT TO IT
Mar 3, 2008

I know "mon" means man, but I don't think "Och" means anything.

Also with a horrible red filter over everything you see at all times.

FoolyCharged
Oct 11, 2012

Cheating at a raffle? I sentence you to 1 year in jail! No! Two years! Three! Four! Five years! Ah! Ah! Ah! Ah!
Somebody call for an ant?

Blind Sally posted:

Yeah, it makes more sense now.

Although, a Helghast campaign could potentially be fun. Imagine how difficult it would be playing a Killzone game without ever using cover! :v:

Well they could make you every helghast and make it some weird fps/rts thing like battalion wars where you swap to a live unit on death, preserving the proper feel of a helghast blind charge sans cover.

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!

DO IT TO IT posted:

Also with a horrible red filter over everything you see at all times.

The Helghast goggles don't actually act as a red filter! It adds an informative overlay, but otherwise the Helghast soldiers can see just fine.

KZ3 spoilers:
In Killzone 3, there is a section where you don a Helghast uniform

DO IT TO IT
Mar 3, 2008

I know "mon" means man, but I don't think "Och" means anything.

Blind Sally posted:

The Helghast goggles don't actually act as a red filter! It adds an informative overlay, but otherwise the Helghast soldiers can see just fine.

KZ3 spoilers:

Right right, I totally forgot about that segment. Fair enough!

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

I'd be down for a Helghast campaign simply for examining how the other half lives and seeing how they see the conflict.

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!
Part of the fun of Killzone 2 is going through people's homes in Helghan's capitol city and seeing what life was like!

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

Hail all those who are able,
any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry
I'm kind of impressed you a) had 400 Helghast assault rifle bullets and b) successfully spent like 200 of them assaulting that outpost at the end there.

So much for having the higher ground.

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!

Glazius posted:

I'm kind of impressed you a) had 400 Helghast assault rifle bullets and b) successfully spent like 200 of them assaulting that outpost at the end there.

So much for having the higher ground.

Uh, no comment.

A lot of this problem comes from the actual weapons available in Killzone 1. I swear! That's not just a lame excuse! The guns are far better in Killzone 2 and it shows. Or, well, it'll be proven when we get around to Killzone 2.

That said, we've got a bit of a bonus video in the works. crow is letting me edit this one, so, uh, expect something special.

Space Kablooey
May 6, 2009

will dash rendar be in it?

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

HardDisk posted:

will dash rendar be in it?

No, but a whole fuckton of Blind Sally being a jackass is. :colbert:

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!
Hey, I haven't finished editting the video. I may just add Dash Rendar into it.

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!

nine-gear crow posted:

No, but a whole fuckton of Blind Sally being a jackass is. :colbert:

But this, I'm not denying this.

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!

thank mr skeltal

This video. This video is Shakespearean.

Sally fucked around with this message at 02:12 on Feb 27, 2015

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
I'm so sorry. I'm just so sorry.

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!
Never apologise.

Trizophenie
Mar 2, 2011

Jar Jar Binks improved my story.
Thank you, Mr. Skeltal.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013
gently caress killzone

Glukeose
Jun 6, 2014

Thank Mr Skeltal, for giving me strong bones to fight the Helghast and analyze literature.

biosterous
Feb 23, 2013

I appreciate Mr Skeletal and all his contributions.

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!

crow, CJacobs, you haven't thanks mr skeltal in the thread.

Glukeose
Jun 6, 2014

Blind Sally posted:

crow, CJacobs, you haven't thanks mr skeltal in the thread.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hU7EHKFNMQg Really All I can think of seeing that .gif. Also the obnoxious effects in the MLG PRO DANKSCOPE video were pretty goddamn hilarious.

Shei-kun
Dec 2, 2011

Screw you, physics!
What the gently caress did I just watch :psyduck:

Thank Mister Skeltal

Space Kablooey
May 6, 2009

Why did you post on a Monday of all days, now I have to wait until the weekend arrives :qq:

still thansk mr skeltal

overlordbunny
Feb 16, 2011

that was enjoyably obnoxious.
Thanks mr skeltal

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!

Shei-kun posted:

What the gently caress did I just watch :psyduck:

Thank Mister Skeltal

I know. Killzone 1's multiplayer hasn't aged well.

In more exciting news, crow and I recorded the commentary for the first Killzone 2 video. It's gonna happen. I'm making this promise. We will have Killzone 2 in 2015. The end of Killzone 1 is in sight, and we will be free from its clutches with the next update.

biosterous
Feb 23, 2013

Altman be skeletal.

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!

(thanks, trizophenie!)

Lazyfire
Feb 4, 2006

God saves. Satan Invests

Look at all these scrubs who aren't into montage parodies getting confused.

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!

Two things that are important to note here:

( 1 ) We're going to space.

( 2 ) When this game isn't looking incredibly drab, it can look really pretty.

chitoryu12

Something Awful forum's poster chitoryu12 joins us for the final chapter. chitoryu12 has the distinction among our guests of having actually played a Killzone game. Not Killzone 1, mind you, but most of the later games. You see, no one has played Killzone 1
:negative:

It's all downhill from here--or, uphill, I should say--as the end of the game is in sight. chitoryu12 has hinted at the possibility of doing a Killzone: Shadow Fall LP of their own at some point. If that's something you'd still be interested in after watching this game, then you know who to bother. No pressure.

Thanks, Rico. Thanks.

Killzone 1 summarized in a single screenshot:

RUN HELGOON! BE FREE!!!

nine-gear crow posted:

Here's something worth pointing out for the sake of the LP. Blind Sally says that this is a "25% run" because we're not going four separate runthroughs of the game with Templar, Rico, Luger, and Hakha each. Well, the PS3 HD Remaster of Killzone 1 does indeed have four separate trophies for completing the game using each character all the way through from the point where you get them onward.

Templar's trophy is Rapid Reaction Force (Chapters 1-11).

Luger's trophy is Shadow Marshal (Chapters 3-11).

Rico's trophy is ISA Regulator (Chapters 4-11).

And Hakha's trophy is Field Operative (Chapters 5-11).

They're all bronze, by the way, which is pretty disappointing, since given the effort you need to put into getting them you'd at least think they'd be silver or gold-level ones, no?

Sally fucked around with this message at 04:24 on Mar 7, 2015

Dr. Tough
Oct 22, 2007

Please tell me this game is almost over

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Dance party.

• Locked thread