Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
paragon1
Nov 22, 2010

FULL COMMUNISM NOW
Killzone. Ah Killzone, so much potential pissed down the drain. The main characters past the first game become so incredibly stupid that it almost makes me want to sympathize with the Helghast. I say "almost" because they really just can't stop being Space Nazis at any point ever. It's like they're trying to impress us with how fascist they are being. Which is funny because you could definitely read the plot of Killzone 1 as being a fascist narrative itself.

I don't think the corporation's being family owned is supposed to make them sympathetic. I think it's supposed to scream "monarchy" or maybe "oligopoly". The people who dislike corporations and portray them as evil tend to think of the very wealthy people who often own them as the new aristocracy. We aren't seeing sentimentality over mom and pop shops via Stahl and Visari in my opinion.

The only reason I can think to have any coloring at all on your scope is some kind of tinting to reduce glare. I'm pretty sure said tinting wouldn't make the world look like piss.

Edit: Also Shadow Fall is pretty much crap gameplay and a story that only works if you assume everyone involved are astonishingly stupid.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

paragon1
Nov 22, 2010

FULL COMMUNISM NOW
Man even the monitors in this game are bullet sponges.

paragon1
Nov 22, 2010

FULL COMMUNISM NOW

Night10194 posted:

I will give Killzone this: I had a lot more fun with it than I did with Gears of War! But that's mostly because Gears is terrible.

Were you slowly being crushed in a press while you played Gears of War? Because that's the only way this statement really makes any sense at all.

paragon1
Nov 22, 2010

FULL COMMUNISM NOW
I was really more mystified by his enjoyment of Killzone than his dislike of Gears. :v:

paragon1
Nov 22, 2010

FULL COMMUNISM NOW
In fairness to Killzone, the first game was acceptable. Not great, but not bad for its time. Does anyone know how well the various games have performed financially? They're just so utterly middling to bad that I can't understand why they keep getting sequels.

paragon1
Nov 22, 2010

FULL COMMUNISM NOW
The gameplay in Shadow Fall is samey shooter fare that does nothing to make up for the incredibly dumb plot. Funny story, I've owned three of the killzone titles, but I didn't buy any of them. Pretty much played through each once and never touched them again.

paragon1
Nov 22, 2010

FULL COMMUNISM NOW
Well then maybe Shadow Fall is one of the scripts he threw out because it wasn't good enough. Every game after the first one has an incredibly dumb plot, Blind Sally knows this. He's lying to you all.

paragon1
Nov 22, 2010

FULL COMMUNISM NOW
I WILL NOT BE SILENCED

paragon1
Nov 22, 2010

FULL COMMUNISM NOW
I'm amazed you guys can post without blowing up NORAD or something.

paragon1
Nov 22, 2010

FULL COMMUNISM NOW
And now for several levels of nothing happening!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

paragon1
Nov 22, 2010

FULL COMMUNISM NOW
To be fair to crow, these games suck.

• Locked thread