Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Kangra
May 7, 2012

This seems like an interesting take on this game. I don't know yet if the game deserves it, but I do really like the scenes you've written so far.

If you're searching for subtext, Hakkendorf is possibly menat to evoke Hakenkreuz, a German term for the swastika (literally 'hooked cross'). I have to say the logo doesn't really fit with the look of the what was shown up to that point. Looks like Arial to me, and that kind of ruins the early 20th-Century aesthetic that was going on. (True, it could be an earlier Grotesque typeface, but it still seems out of place.)

Another note: 'Seraph' is Hebrew in origin, not from Latin.

And possibly unrelated, but maybe something that subconsciously influenced the designers: This is not the first Helghast with glowing eyes.

From Lone Wolf, indeed, drawn by Gary Chalk if I'm not mistaken.
vvvvv

Kangra fucked around with this message at 23:33 on May 6, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kangra
May 7, 2012

In the Ace of Spades analysis I think you meant World War II Airborne unit, and it was actually only one regiment of one division (the 506th Parachute Infantry, part of the 101st Airborne) that used spades as insignia. Each unit of the 101st marked their helmets with a card suit representing their regiment; in that case it's not really an ace of spades, just a spade.

On the subject of Vietnam, the Ace, and death cards, here's more than you ever wanted to know (and yes, it includes at least one image of a dead person).

• Locked thread