Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Lateinshowing
Oct 10, 2012
Fun Shoe
Actually, between the first and second game, I remember there being a website that had a history dump explaining everything, history, the formation of the Helgans, Vekta, the UCN, and the importance of everything. Almost a shame for a lot of this stuff since it moves this game from what seems like an obvious WWII analogy, to something FAR more grey than you might think.

But then again, having played only the first two games, it feels like they didn't really do much with the shades of grey.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lateinshowing
Oct 10, 2012
Fun Shoe
Great! As said, it explains a LOT about the history that is otherwise not said at all. And that history is kinda eyeopening. While the Helgans aren't in the right (going out of your way to kill civies does kinda put you really in the wrong), they aren't entirely unjustified.

Lateinshowing
Oct 10, 2012
Fun Shoe
Hrmmm..... not sure if you've mentioned this, but are you going to be showing the other character missions off at some point (After you unlock said characters of course)? The token female we get has RADICALLY different missions than the rest and I always enjoyed them. The other two are fun as well sometimes.

Lateinshowing
Oct 10, 2012
Fun Shoe
To be honest, I loved playing as Luger. Her sections are so much fun because you do get a sorta stealth vibe. Sadly, her sections weren't really designed as well (the AI didn't understand stealth as much as it should have) and since she has the least amount of health of all 4 players, she tends to die when discovered. But her melee..... it's a joy.

Lateinshowing
Oct 10, 2012
Fun Shoe
Heh, I suck at stealth a lot myself, so it's nice to have run and gun with some stealth (no forced stealth sections). But it penalizes you for breaking stealth with a weaker character, so it really, really sucks in this game. But still, those melee attacks are great. Heck, I think this next section got the most love for Luger and her stealth. The rest.... well, it's a bit less for her.

• Locked thread