Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
BigRed0427
Mar 23, 2007

There's no one I'd rather be than me.

Today I wen't and paid a visit to Pro Wrestling Academy and sat in on a class. On Thursday I am going to be taking my first Pro Wrestling class. It's going to be $30 a class and I am going to start at once a week.

It did kind of scare me watching them bump. The ring they were using sounded loud when they hit it and one guy hit one of the steel beams under the ring and hurt his back. I'm just hoping I don't break in half when I do it.

As to the why I am doing this. I just turned 27 this past Sunday and I figured now is a better time than any to do it. I always wanted to try it but always felt that I had more important things to do between class and work. Now that I am no longer in college and am under employed I figured why the gently caress not.

Edit: Fixed some grammar. I know, I suck at words. HulkaMatt, can you change the title to "I'm going to be a Pro Wrestler!"? I thought I would just be clever with the title .

BigRed0427 fucked around with this message at 04:50 on Apr 30, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BigRed0427
Mar 23, 2007

Roman Reigns posted:

Awesome news. You've got at least one goon rooting for you :3:

What were your initial impressions? Big class, small class? Only one trainer?

It was about 8 students (7 guys, 1 girl) and two teachers.The building was pretty much a small garage.

And I am about an hour from Greenwich. My neighborhood might be considered just one step below it though.

BigRed0427
Mar 23, 2007

What the hell am I looking at?

BigRed0427
Mar 23, 2007

Just got back from my first class. I admit I was vey nervous going into it. Fortunately They didn't start me off with doing bumps. They had me doing different rolls and walk the ropes. THen I learned how to do collar and elbow tie ups and how to chain a few moves out of that. (Arm-twist to Hammerlock, to headlock.)

THe rolls in general are where I am having the most trouble. I keep ending up going to the side when ever I do one.

It wasn't as physically tasking as I thought it was going to be. Although I did get dizzy from all the rolls and I'm sure my neck is going to be feeling it in the morning. My fear was that I was going to throw up during it. It's happened to me a few times during workouts before if I hadn't eaten or eaten to soon.

I'm definitely going back next week. In the man time I gotta get back to the gym, main goal is to lose weight.

Edit: OH! And one of the other guys in the class was Apollo's Son

BigRed0427 fucked around with this message at 02:39 on May 2, 2014

BigRed0427
Mar 23, 2007

It's been awhile since I updated this, It's time I did.

First off, my shoulder is killing me from doing the spot where my opponent bounces off the rope, chest blocks me and then I bump. I know now why Ambrose and Bryan have the same shoulder taped up all the time.

I also started bumping, but still not doing it right. I keep either trying to catch myself on the way down or I am not getting enough height when I jump up.

Also, I GOT A GIMMICK :neckbeard: I'm going to be a crazy pyromaniac and part of a stable.

BigRed0427 fucked around with this message at 03:26 on Jul 25, 2014

BigRed0427
Mar 23, 2007

Stormin Mormon posted:

Manager or worker as part of the stable?

I work as the defacto leader of a stable in one of the feds I work, and as GM at the other.

A Worker. I wanna debut as a character at least in September for PWA's anniversary shows because one of the places their performing is at the school I work at. In ring wise I probably won't be ready yet.

Not sure how much I'm suppose to say about the stable's gimmick since there is suppose to be some kind of reveal to it.

BigRed0427 fucked around with this message at 13:58 on Jul 25, 2014

BigRed0427
Mar 23, 2007

So yesterday I attended a seminar with Abyss. That was cool, even though I didn't do much. All I did was practice doing Hip tosses with a few of the other less experienced guys but HOLY poo poo, is that something I needed to do. JVS is a good teacher but sometimes I feel like he just shoves me in the ring and tells me to do a move I have never done before or am not completely comfortable doing yet.

Abyss meanwhile had everyone else put together three minuet matches, to teach them time management and the four parts to a match.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BigRed0427
Mar 23, 2007

MysticalMachineGun posted:

Was he wearing the mask?

Not during the class no. Real nice guy too.

Anyway, had class again last night and AR Fox was training with us. After I blew a spot I was working on with Darko (My opponent Backrolls and I Tiger Roll through his legs.) He told me part of my problem is I think to much about it. Eventually all this will be second nature and I won't need to think of what I need to do next.

BigRed0427 fucked around with this message at 02:13 on Oct 4, 2014

• Locked thread