Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Wazzu
Feb 28, 2008

Are you sure I'm winning the Rumble? That does'nt seem right.....

The Narrator posted:

I was curious enough to check out the local wrestling school's website... Sadly it's on the Gold Coast, about an hour away :( not having a car would make that difficult, too. Also I'm a tall skinny dude with lovely muscles and probably bad cardio, so there's that too. Rooting for you dude, keep us updated on how it goes! Wrestling sounds like it'd be a lot of fun if I had the time and money to get into it. Maybe over the uni holidays...

My bigger issue with the Australian wrestling culture is how bogan it is (at least all the shows I've attended in Brisbane). As an inner-city uni student, I just can't take some of these people and their terrible accents.

Basically I want something that's as inner city trendy as my circus class, except when you piledrive someone it's on purpose and you don't need to apologise.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wazzu
Feb 28, 2008

coconono posted:

You're training to be a loving carnie and you look down on wrestling fans because of their accents? We shoulda nuked Australia harder.

Bogans are scum, and your American perspective on this is insane. Circus people are fine.

More specifically, the last wrestling show I attended was full of drunk yobos hurling homophobic abuse, that's the kind of people I want to avoid.

Wazzu
Feb 28, 2008

Bogan is kind of like Urban Rednecks, just idiots. And yeah, Yobbo is the same between England and Australia.

God Of Paradise posted:

I usually just hear Australians complain about Abbos, and then complain about Americans calling them racist because we "don't understand."

Like in America, our race relations are a complicated beast with a number of problems from all sides, and unnecessary racism suddenly coming from otherwise reasonable people occasionally.

• Locked thread