Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
JEEVES420
Feb 16, 2005

The world is a mess... and I just need to rule it

rotor posted:

I've got a 9 and a 6 year old and I'm having a really hard time finding kid-sized tools for them - you search for "kids tool sets" and all you get are playskool plastic things. I still have the 3/4 scale kids tools *I* had as a kid - little hammer, pliers, screwdriver - but cannot find any of them any more. Also no kid-size saw. I settled on a little flush-cutting saw but it's not really ideal.

Any links/advice is welcome.

You can find "adult" tools that will fit kids. Look for tack hammers and pliers/screwdrivers come in a plethora of sizes. Also a coping saw is pretty easy to use at that age (what I started with).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JEEVES420
Feb 16, 2005

The world is a mess... and I just need to rule it

mortarr posted:

Having kids is drat handy when you need to carry a bunch of stuff and don't have enough hands though.

My Dad never owned a set of clamps till we were all too old to sit on the boards he was cutting. Nothing more terrifying as a kid than your Dad tossing the circular saw across the yard as he screams "Get in the Car!" to go buy a new one. :D

• Locked thread