Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
krushgroove
Oct 23, 2007

Disapproving look

Schmetterling posted:

As one of the few Aussies, I'm fine with Samoa time.
Cool, thanks! :)

Pierzak posted:

Do the Jurnal/other requirements apply to the whole oath? For example, if I paint the two Ikadrons I oathed, making WIP pics for the extra point, and then decide to add 1 random model for the speedpainting achievement, do I have to take WIP photos of the speedpainted model as well?
You just have to do WIP pictures of one model, or all if you want.

quote:

unlimited achievements
Nope nope, just one per person. The wiki says that clearly at the top, I've put the same text from the wiki into the OP now.

quote:

or remnant wording from last year's thread?
Sorry yes, remnant wording - I said it's a work in progress :) The intent should be clear and if it isn't shout up (as you've rightly done) and I'll clear it up as soon as I can.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pierzak
Oct 30, 2010

krushgroove posted:

Nope nope, just one per person. The wiki says that clearly at the top, I've put the same text from the wiki into the OP now.
What I meant is, can I fulfill the conditions for multiple achievements with one model and claim all appropriate achievements? Of course this would mean I couldn't claim them later this year, but hey, what's the difference?

Dr. Gargunza
May 19, 2011

He damned me for a eunuch,
and my mother for a whore.

Fun Shoe
:siren: Kickoff time! :siren: 

I, Dr. Gargunza, to start this new oath season, hereby oath (1) Marty Stu Author Insert Character Drizzt Do'Urden and Guenhwyvar!  From Gale Force Nine minis, 28mm.

I haven't decided whether to put them on the single base, or on their separate bases, so I've worded the oath statement confusingly and photographed all three bases.  (I might do something with magnets, I dunno.)  At any rate, I also plan on going for the Box Art one-time bonus in addition to this month's Jurnal.

gad those eyes

Grey Hunter
Oct 17, 2007

Hero of the soviet union.
Accidental destroyer of planets
I Grey Hunter, Oath for this month of May

14 Deadzone Rebels - 28mm by Mantic Games.

Time to break out the fancy new double ended brushes!

krushgroove
Oct 23, 2007

Disapproving look

Pierzak posted:

What I meant is, can I fulfill the conditions for multiple achievements with one model and claim all appropriate achievements? Of course this would mean I couldn't claim them later this year, but hey, what's the difference?

Yeah you can but then you'll get bored! That's why I said pace yourself :-)

Pierzak
Oct 30, 2010

krushgroove posted:

Yeah you can but then you'll get bored! That's why I said pace yourself :-)
It's the other way around, I'm OK with not having achievements for most of the year but if I don't do them I'll forget :v:
Thanks!

Pierzak
Oct 30, 2010
I, Pierzak, add to my May oath (Original oath post) one Sphinx TAG (Corvus Belli, Infinity, 28mm scale but the mini is something like 55 mm tall; also, if it isn't clear the base is unpainted so there's only one paint there)

(If this gets approved today, I'll attempt to speedpaint it)

SRM
Jul 10, 2009

~*FeElIn' AweS0mE*~

Pierzak posted:

The deal with speedpainting from what I recall is that you don't need to wait for approval, just go for it. That's what I was told when I did one last season anywho.

Iris of Ether
Sep 29, 2005

Valkyrie is not amused

Pierzak posted:

I, Pierzak, add to my May oath (Original oath post) one Sphinx TAG (Corvus Belli, Infinity, 28mm scale but the mini is something like 55 mm tall; also, if it isn't clear the base is unpainted so there's only one paint there)

Seems okay to me, and yes, you're cool if you start speedpainting it right away. I'll still let Krushgroove formally approve it, though.

Slimnoid
Sep 6, 2012

Does that mean I don't get the job?
I, Slimnoid, Oath the following for May: 13 Blood Bowl Wood Elves (28mm, Games Workshop)

For this month, I'm going for the following bonuses: Parts List, Themed Group, and Inquisitor's Journal.

May is the month of pansy-rear end elves!

Dr. Gargunza
May 19, 2011

He damned me for a eunuch,
and my mother for a whore.

Fun Shoe

Slimnoid posted:

May is the month of pansy-rear end elves!

Hey, don't talk about my Drizzt like that. ;)

Serious question, though: I'm painting this month's oath as a birthday present, and odds are high that I won't have it available for an end-of-season photo to get the All For One! bonus. Did I just screw myself? Should I go buy a duplicate of this mini to paint for the year-end pic?

Also: I know things are a bit in flux right now, but are there plans to do quarterly achievements like last thread's conversion bonuses?

ijyt
Apr 10, 2012

If I oath a bunch of bases in one month, and then oath miniatures in the second month, can I mount the miniatures on the bases for the oath complete post?

Under 15
Jan 6, 2005

Mr. Helsbecter will you please stop shooting I am on the phone

I, Under 15, make the following oath for May:

14 Games Workshop orcs, 28mm

Depending on how fast I get these dudes painted it might be a mass production month. I want to get enough guys ready to play an actual game - I could have painted three chaos armies by now and I'm only at a thousand points.

Slimnoid
Sep 6, 2012

Does that mean I don't get the job?

Dr. Gargunza posted:

Serious question, though: I'm painting this month's oath as a birthday present, and odds are high that I won't have it available for an end-of-season photo to get the All For One! bonus. Did I just screw myself? Should I go buy a duplicate of this mini to paint for the year-end pic?

I'm wondering the same thing. A lot of my Oaths last year ended up being commission work, and I don't think that's going to change any this time around. Getting them all together would be nigh-on impossible for me.

Brock Samsonite
Feb 3, 2010

Reality becomes illusory and observer-oriented when you study general relativity. Or Buddhism. Or get drafted.

I, Brock Samsonite, oath this Zouave from Infinity, by Corvus Belli.

Heeeere we go again.

Slimnoid posted:

I'm wondering the same thing. A lot of my Oaths last year ended up being commission work, and I don't think that's going to change any this time around. Getting them all together would be nigh-on impossible for me.

Word.

Asphyxious
Jun 25, 2012

I'm trying to explain that I'm a person who wishes to live a very quiet life.
I, Asphyxious, oath one Tomb Prince from Games Workshop, 28mm

Another Australian, also down for Samoan time.

SRM
Jul 10, 2009

~*FeElIn' AweS0mE*~
I, SRM, Oath one Space Marine Command Squad by Games Workshop (28mm)

M. Night Skymall
Mar 22, 2012

I, M. Night Skymall, oath one Bane Thrall Officer by Privateer Press (28mm)

Iris of Ether
Sep 29, 2005

Valkyrie is not amused

SRM posted:

I, SRM, Oath one Space Marine Command Squad by Games Workshop (28mm)

Hey SRM, I think your link is broken. :ohdear: Let me know when you get it fixed, and I'll include you in the spreadsheet. Thanks!

SRM
Jul 10, 2009

~*FeElIn' AweS0mE*~

Iris of Ether posted:

Hey SRM, I think your link is broken. :ohdear: Let me know when you get it fixed, and I'll include you in the spreadsheet. Thanks!

For some reason Dakka removed it. Stupid. Here it is again:

Iris of Ether
Sep 29, 2005

Valkyrie is not amused

SRM posted:

Cool, thanks!

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

e. whoops beaten haha

krushgroove
Oct 23, 2007

Disapproving look

Dr. Gargunza posted:

:siren: Kickoff time! :siren: 

I, Dr. Gargunza, to start this new oath season, hereby oath (1) Marty Stu Author Insert Character Drizzt Do'Urden and Guenhwyvar!  From Gale Force Nine minis, 28mm.

Accepted!

Grey Hunter posted:

I Grey Hunter, Oath for this month of May

14 Deadzone Rebels - 28mm by Mantic Games.

Time to break out the fancy new double ended brushes!
Accepted!

Pierzak posted:

Accepted!
And you don't have to wait for acceptance of any oath - just get going! If we need to see another picture or something I'll ask.

Slimnoid posted:

I, Slimnoid, Oath the following for May: 13 Blood Bowl Wood Elves (28mm, Games Workshop)

For this month, I'm going for the following bonuses: Parts List, Themed Group, and Inquisitor's Journal.
Accepted!

Dr. Gargunza posted:

Hey, don't talk about my Drizzt like that. ;)

Just link back to this post in a year's time and I'm sure we'll understand :P

quote:

Also: I know things are a bit in flux right now, but are there plans to do quarterly achievements like last thread's conversion bonuses?
There will be Quarterly prizes, yes, I'll clarify those in the days to come. Basically you won't have to do the Journal to be eligible for quarterly prizes, just complete your Oath.

ijyt posted:

If I oath a bunch of bases in one month, and then oath miniatures in the second month, can I mount the miniatures on the bases for the oath complete post?
I would say...yes? There's no extra point for doing bases this month, and I've gotten rid of the Get Based Out thing this time so I'd like to say this question is confusion-free, but in this case I would call this 'gluing a painted model on top of another painted model' as far as your second month example goes. Knock yourself out!

Under 15 posted:

I, Under 15, make the following oath for May:

14 Games Workshop orcs, 28mm
Accepted!

Slimnoid posted:

For you guys that do commissions, sorry - I didn't think of you all when I make that Achievement. If you guys make it clear (and maybe remind me in your final post where you post all your work during the year) that you're a commission artist (such as I dream of being) and post all your pictures during the year then you'll be fine and still get your point. I can't think of anything that's fairer and we all pretty much know who the commission folks are around here I think. If you really want to get fancy, you can edit all the pictures together so the models are all 'arranged' on a table together!

Brock Samsonite posted:

I, Brock Samsonite, oath this Zouave from Infinity, by Corvus Belli.
Accepted!

Asphyxious posted:

I, Asphyxious, oath one Tomb Prince from Games Workshop, 28mm

Another Australian, also down for Samoan time.
OK cool, thanks for confirming Samoa is OK - BUT I'll need to see your Oath Picture with the Samoan timezone! Whatever you've painted already is OK, just need to stick to the rules, especially since the thread is just 2 days old

M. Night Skymall posted:

I, M. Night Skymall, oath one Bane Thrall Officer by Privateer Press (28mm)
Accepted!

SRM posted:

Yo! Same as Asphyxious - I'll need to see your Oath Picture with the Samoan timezone :) just for uniformity's sake!

Also, everyone: I'll have more info posted in the thread and wiki over the next few days (I'm away this weekend working but will try to get online and stuff, but definitely next week). Stuff like the judges (Bachtere, Germ and Monoliths are the judges this time around), Quarterly prizes, more sponsor info and extra stuff!

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

i wear this armour to protect myself from the histrionics of hysterical women

bitches

You forgot to accept me :ohdear:

krushgroove
Oct 23, 2007

Disapproving look

NTRabbit posted:

I, NTRabbit, oath for May 2014, opening round of Season 5, to paint

1 Wave Serpent for 40k by GW (28mm)

2 Plague Hounds, 1 Plague Stage 2A, 1 Marauder Commando, 1 Marauder Commando Sergeant, 1 Marauder Goblin Sniper and 1 Marauder Mawbeast Bomber for Deadzone by Mantic (28mm)

The Marauders are all part of the same strike team, so hopefully 4 figures is enough for a themed group

Also, speed painting this Plague Hound
Accepted!

Are you doing a 5th Marauder to get the themed group?

stabbington
Sep 1, 2007

It doesn't feel right to kill an unarmed man... but I'll get over it.
I, stabbington, swear to paint this Ko Dali miniature from Corvus Belli's Infinity by the end of May.

Pictured here pre-priming.

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

krushgroove posted:

Accepted!

Are you doing a 5th Marauder to get the themed group?

Will oath addition a 5th Marauder as soon as I've finished cleaning him up, busy speed painting right now :v:

krushgroove
Oct 23, 2007

Disapproving look

stabbington posted:

I, stabbington, swear to paint this Ko Dali miniature from Corvus Belli's Infinity by the end of May.
Accepted!

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

SPEED PAINTING COMPLETED

I'll take a better picture with his buddies end of month, but right now he's done

NTRabbit posted:

2 Plague Hounds, 1 Plague Stage 2A, 1 Marauder Commando, 1 Marauder Commando Sergeant, 1 Marauder Goblin Sniper and 1 Marauder Mawbeast Bomber for Deadzone by Mantic (28mm)

I'll Jurnal something, not decided which one yet.

The Marauders are all part of the same strike team, so hopefully 4 figures is enough for a themed group

readysetgo! :nyan:

NTRabbit fucked around with this message at 13:29 on May 2, 2014

krushgroove
Oct 23, 2007

Disapproving look

NTRabbit posted:

SPEED PAINTING COMPLETED

I'll take a better picture with his buddies end of month, but right now he's done

Cool! Remember to quote your original post when you claim a Speed Painting Achievement :) so we can see the start and finish times in one post

signalnoise
Mar 7, 2008

i was told my old av was distracting
I, signalnoise, oath these 10 Dreadball figures from the Corporation team, for the month of May 2014.

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

Oh right, fixed :downs:

While I'm here, MAKING AN OATH ADDITION

1 Marauder Pyro for Deadzone by Mantic, who will be member #5 of my themed group for the month

NTRabbit posted:

I'll Jurnal something, not decided which one yet.

readysetgo! :nyan:

krushgroove
Oct 23, 2007

Disapproving look

signalnoise posted:

I, signalnoise, oath these 10 Dreadball figures from the Corporation team, for the month of May 2014.
Accepted!

NTRabbit posted:

Oh right, fixed :downs:

While I'm here, MAKING AN OATH ADDITION

1 Marauder Pyro for Deadzone by Mantic, who will be member #5 of my themed group for the month
Accepted!
And thanks for updating your Speed Painting post!

thespaceinvader
Mar 30, 2011

The slightest touch from a Gol-Shogeg will result in Instant Death!
Can I Whales a last season oath? If not, two of them are still good to go as I only did one colour of basecoat, so I'll get pic up soonish. The third is four colours so far so no dice D:

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

thespaceinvader posted:

Can I Whales a last season oath? If not, two of them are still good to go as I only did one colour of basecoat, so I'll get pic up soonish. The third is four colours so far so no dice D:

That is a good question. I'm not part of the rules-writing or adjudicating team this year, because I want to take part, but I am still sponsoring the Whales prize. I'd be happy to let folks Whales oaths from last year, but I assume that only goes as far as being eligible for the year-end prize I'm offering. Last year, Whalesing an oath also potentially affected points, because of the bonus points you earned for completing lots of oaths (and whalesing an oath counted towards that completion).

So let me say that, if Iris of Ether is OK with tracking it somehow on the spreadsheet, and the rules-writers don't see it as an inconvenience or problem with regards to the rest of the contest, I'm all for it.

Pierzak
Oct 30, 2010
Speedpainting attempt failed because the Sphinx is a horrible model that doesn't want to cooperate with my headache. Still gonna paint it this month.

Iris of Ether
Sep 29, 2005

Valkyrie is not amused

thespaceinvader posted:

Leperflesh posted:

That is a good question. I'm not part of the rules-writing or adjudicating team this year, because I want to take part, but I am still sponsoring the Whales prize. I'd be happy to let folks Whales oaths from last year, but I assume that only goes as far as being eligible for the year-end prize I'm offering. Last year, Whalesing an oath also potentially affected points, because of the bonus points you earned for completing lots of oaths (and whalesing an oath counted towards that completion).

So let me say that, if Iris of Ether is OK with tracking it somehow on the spreadsheet, and the rules-writers don't see it as an inconvenience or problem with regards to the rest of the contest, I'm all for it.

I'll let the rules writers deal with the rules end of things (as I'm still getting up to speed on that end), but I really shouldn't have a problem tracking it. Don't let me hold you back. :D

Edit: I will say that last year there were plenty of times when I felt constrained by the month-on-month schedule - I'd hold myself back to start painting something just so that it'd qualify. It kind of seems counterintuitive!

In that regard, it seems to me that accepting Whales oaths that weren't failed this year still lies within the spirit of 'just paint!', so I have no beef with it.

Iris of Ether fucked around with this message at 20:33 on May 2, 2014

Fuegan
Aug 23, 2008

poo poo yeah, oath thread time! I have been utterly useless at these every year what with starting off well and then giving up but at least I got a Contemptor and some Plague Toads painted I guess. This time around, I'm going to focus on 30k, but I've already started my Pyroclasts so can't use those. Considering picking something up to paint for the month :rodimus:

E: Welp, that's five MKIII armour Marines bought along with bolters and Salamanders shoulder pads. Well played, thread. Well played indeed.

Fuegan fucked around with this message at 20:57 on May 2, 2014

Ashcans
Jan 2, 2006

Let's do the space-time warp again!

I completely flamed out on this last year, I don't even remember what happened. I guess maybe I'll give it another shot?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rulebook Heavily
Sep 18, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
I, Rulebook Heavily, oath three Basilean Elohi (Mantic, Kings of War) for the month of May 2014.

This is about as fresh as a model gets.

• Locked thread