Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Signal
Dec 10, 2005

Yes, thank you to all the volunteers who spent many hours poring over pictures of our laboriously painted dollies. We appreciate your sacrifice.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ugleb
Nov 19, 2014

ASK ME ABOUT HOW SCOTLAND'S PROPOSED TRANS LEGISLATION IS DIVISIVE AS HELL BECAUSE IT IS SO SWEEPING THAT IT COULD BE POTENTIALLY ABUSED AT A TIME WHERE THE LACK OF SAFETY FOR WOMEN HAS BEEN SO GLARING
YOU ARE ALL WINNERS! Apart from me, I need to improve a lot. ;)

Thanks to all of our organisers, judges, sponsors and anyone not already mentioned. This was my first oath season and I really enjoyed it. :)

Weirdo
Jul 22, 2004

I stay up late :coffee:

Grimey Drawer
Yes, many thanks to our friendly Oath-goons :hfive:

krushgroove
Oct 23, 2007

Disapproving look
PRIZES HAVE STARTED GOING IN THE MAIL
(some of these have already been received)
Deanut Pancer - Springer-Pinsel brushes (plus your Princeps)
Grey Hunter - Springer-Pinsel brushes
Uggleb - Springer-Pinsel brushes
Red Shoe - Springer-Pinsel brushes
LazyAngel - Springer-Pinsel brushes & Badger Minitaire Quarterly prize
NTRabbit - Springer-Pinsel brushes
O. A. in Florida (by way of another country) (sorry I don't have your username handy!) - Springer-Pinsel brushes
Zark the Damned - Springer-Pinsel brushes

GOING OUT TODAY
MasterSlowPoke - Wilder Pigments from Airbrushes.com and your Troll Trader prize
Laika the Space Dog - Wilder Pigments from Airbrushes.com and Springer-Pinsel brushes
Dagon - your Troll Trader prize
Slimnoid - your Troll Trader prize
Jodai - your Troll Trader prize

PLEASE NOTE!
You can still claim your prizes

If you think you are owed a prize, please check the Prize Winners! post links in the OP. Even if you haven't claimed something from June 2014, you have until the end of June 2015 to claim it. I think I previously said everyone has until the end of May but there are still several folks who haven't claimed their prizes.

If you're not listed or haven't gotten in touch yet, please EMAIL me at krushgroove169 at gmail.com, put 'Oath Thread Prize for [your username]' in the title of the email, included your real name and mailing address as well as the prize you're claiming.

We have been let down by a couple of prize sponsors
Not gonna beat around the bush, Games & Gears and Dragon Forge have let us down. There's been zero replies coming back for months, and I personally have given up trying to get them to honor their pledges of support.

If you're owed the Ichiban Brushes from Games & Gears, we have a direct replacement sponsor that has already been part of the team. You are welcome to a big set of Springer-Pinsel brushes which includes everything you need to replace all your crappy dead brushes, and even has several Kolinsky sable brushes, which is presumably what the G&G brushes use. There's also a big selection of synthetic brushes in flat and round, ranging from size 4 to 00000 (that's FIVE zeros). Seriously, if you'd started with this set of brushes when you first discovered model painting, you would be the envy of your friends. Please support Springer-Pinsel by telling your friends to buy Army Painter brushes!

If you're owed a pack of Dragon Forge bases (and there are a lot of you that haven't received prizes), it's a bit different because we have no other direct replacement sponsor. If you want something (and I don't blame you at all), you are welcome to pick something from the Grab Bag (see the links in the OP) - it isn't ideal and it's not the same but it's the best I can offer. I have added a lot of new Grab Bag items in the UK/EU Grab Bag from a huge bitz buy I did a couple months ago, so everyone who was drawn to get a Dragon Forge set of bases is welcome to that.

Prizes cost ££ to send out
Be forewarned, this is a request for shipping funds to help send out prizes to you good folks.

There are several goons that donate their time, effort and yes even cash to keep the thread going:
Iris of Ether maintains the North American Grab Bag, sending out bits that have already criss-crossed the continent from various goons
Stabbington sends out his quarterly prize of Warmachine starter sets
Leperflesh continues to amaze us all with his selection of super hard-to-find game models (all of which are, inevitably, metal and very heavy)
krushgroove maintains the UK/EU Grab Bag and stores the majority of prizes that sponsors donate to us
...and these are just the physical prizes, there are other goons like Dagon who gave out prizes for 'virtual' items

The reason why I keep most of the prizes on hand is because most of the sponsors I'm able to get stuff from are based in the UK or EU, and they prefer to send out one big package rather than a bunch of parcels to the various winners. Unfortunately, all of these things cost me individually a lot of money to send out. Well over half of the Oath Thread participants are in the US, and postage for the smallest items is about £4 (or $7 or so) each for one thin, light envelope of brushes to cross the pond, and that's without any insurance, tracking, the added weight of multiple sheets of MDF or bottles of paint, and also before adding in the cost of padded envelopes, should I have to buy any. Some companies like Badger and CMoN when they sponsored us, have US/EU distribution channels, which really helps us out - but for Season 6 only KR is able to do this for us (lucky for us, considering the size of the prizes they've sent out!).

With the number of things getting sent out, this means that inevitably some things will get lost in the postal system. The tracking option with signature on delivery basically doubles the postage cost for envelopes and small padded envleopes.

All this is to say that by default from now on everything I send out will be using the cheapest option, without tracking.

However, if you want to chip in as a prize winner or you just want to help out, get in touch. With extra help I can pay for tracking to make sure you get your loot. I will leave it up to the other good people who mail things out to decide if they will accept or refuse any help with the postage costs...but looking at the stack of things I've got, I won't refuse any help that's offered!

krushgroove fucked around with this message at 12:31 on Jun 4, 2015

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

i wear this armour to protect myself from the histrionics of hysterical women

bitches

krushgroove posted:

NTRabbit - Springer-Pinsel brushes

:toot:

krushgroove posted:

ranging from size 4 to 00000 (that's FIVE zeros).

WHAT? FIVE ZEROS?! :aaaaa:

FYI Zark the Damned received my prize to him, but I haven't heard from Signal or Indolent Bastard saying otherwise so I assume everything arrived

NTRabbit fucked around with this message at 13:23 on Jun 4, 2015

krushgroove
Oct 23, 2007

Disapproving look

NTRabbit posted:

FYI Zark the Damned received my prize to him, but I haven't heard from Signal or Indolent Bastard saying otherwise so I assume everything arrived

:) I think the 5/0 (as they mark it) is the Army Painter Insane Detail or Psycho Detail brush...they also do a 10/0 in Kolinsky Sable...I bought a handful to give one each to my gaming group as a sort-of gag gift

BTW this is the Springer-Pinsel brush pack that people are getting, whether they are claiming a Springer-Pinsel prize or getting a Games & Gear prize replaced:

Indolent Bastard
Oct 26, 2007

I WON THIS AMAZING AVATAR! I'M A WINNER! WOOOOO!

NTRabbit posted:

It has, I was just forgetful and didn't let you know. Zombie soldiers received.

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

Indolent Bastard posted:

It has, I was just forgetful and didn't let you know. Zombie soldiers received.

I hope they find eternal torment and suffering and delicious brains in their new home!

Thanks to krushgroove and all the judges and donors, this season has been a blast :woop:

NTRabbit fucked around with this message at 13:29 on Jun 4, 2015

Pash
Sep 10, 2009

The First of the Adorable Dead

krushgroove posted:

If you're owed a pack of Dragon Forge bases (and there are a lot of you that haven't received prizes), it's a bit different because we have no other direct replacement sponsor. If you want something (and I don't blame you at all), you are welcome to pick something from the Grab Bag (see the links in the OP) - it isn't ideal and it's not the same but it's the best I can offer. I have added a lot of new Grab Bag items in the UK/EU Grab Bag from a huge bitz buy I did a couple months ago, so everyone who was drawn to get a Dragon Forge set of bases is welcome to that.

As I am in the US do I pick from that grab bag? If so I would grab the Kayazi Eliminators in it as a replacement for the Dragon Forge Bases I never got, if thats alright.

krushgroove
Oct 23, 2007

Disapproving look

Pash posted:

As I am in the US do I pick from that grab bag? If so I would grab the Kayazi Eliminators in it as a replacement for the Dragon Forge Bases I never got, if thats alright.
Thanks, just sent you an email, I'll also get in touch with Iris of Ether, who holds all that stuff.

moths
Aug 25, 2004

I would also still appreciate some danger.

Could I grab that Slaneeshi chariot then? And I'll try to figure out what's going on with brushes.

E: ok I think I won a set of SP brushes in the December draw, I'll PM you my info!

moths fucked around with this message at 14:13 on Jun 4, 2015

krushgroove
Oct 23, 2007

Disapproving look

moths posted:

Could I grab that Slaneeshi chariot then? And I'll try to figure out what's going on with brushes.

E: ok I think I won a set of SP brushes in the December draw, I'll PM you my info!

I'll let Iris of Ether know you're interested in that, in the meantime can you email me your info as noted above?

Schmetterling
Apr 1, 2011

Those brushes are very pretty. Does having different handle sizes change how they feel to paint with?

I don't think I've won any more prizes that I don't know about/have forgotten about. I'm really looking forward to the grab bag prize arriving :) I've just decided to try to actually play more with my models, and a handful of boardgame club people have coincidentally recently started playing Malifaux 2e. So I get to assemble even more models and then try to learn the new rules!

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

I backed two Games n Gear kickstarters, and I think your no contact in 6 months roughly lines up with some changes in their updates there - they were always a little on the flaky side, and the language wasn't great, but it was clear enough and always explained everything. Then the updates disappeared for a while, before returning, clearly being typed by someone with even less of a grasp of English as a second language than the original person. Less frequent, and much loss of clarity, so I've no doubt the oath sponsorship disappeared when they changed their communications person.

krushgroove
Oct 23, 2007

Disapproving look
GONE TODAY
MasterSlowPoke - Wilder Pigments from Airbrushes.com and your Troll Trader prize
Laika the Space Dog - Wilder Pigments from Airbrushes.com and Springer-Pinsel brushes
Dagon - your Troll Trader prize
Slimnoid - your Troll Trader prize
Jodai - your Troll Trader prize

Signal
Dec 10, 2005

NTRabbit posted:

I too am just a monster, and am thankful for my increased ability to Enforce.

Ugleb
Nov 19, 2014

ASK ME ABOUT HOW SCOTLAND'S PROPOSED TRANS LEGISLATION IS DIVISIVE AS HELL BECAUSE IT IS SO SWEEPING THAT IT COULD BE POTENTIALLY ABUSED AT A TIME WHERE THE LACK OF SAFETY FOR WOMEN HAS BEEN SO GLARING
Brushes received! It really is a nice set, I now have no excuse for terrible paint jobs other than to blame myself! I just ordered a pot of brush cleaner to try and keep these in good nick.

Also, I didn't realise that the army painter brushes were made by springer. I learned a thing!

JcDent
May 13, 2013

Give me a rifle, one round, and point me at Berlin!
Oathing is still happening, right?

Then I, JcDent oath to paint this Infinity Neo-Terran Capitaline Army Starter pack of three Bolts, One Aquila Guard. One Swiss Guard and A Hexas

Zark the Damned
Mar 9, 2013

Wrong thread bro, head on over to Season 6.

Schmetterling
Apr 1, 2011

When will the points be finalised?

Kerzoro
Jun 26, 2010

krushgroove posted:

O. A. in Florida (by way of another country) (sorry I don't have your username handy!) - Springer-Pinsel brushes

This would be me. I have news of some stuff coming my way, so maybe the brushes will be one of those things!

Slimnoid
Sep 6, 2012

Does that mean I don't get the job?
I got my Troll Trader gift in today! Thanks a bunch to Krushgroove for sending it out.

I do have a question, though: who made these, exactly? Troll Trader's website doesn't seem to have them on there and TTCombat has nothing, at least from what I can tell on both sites. There's no name engraved on the MDF board either, and Google isn't being terribly helpful.

krushgroove
Oct 23, 2007

Disapproving look

Slimnoid posted:

I got my Troll Trader gift in today! Thanks a bunch to Krushgroove for sending it out.

I do have a question, though: who made these, exactly? Troll Trader's website doesn't seem to have them on there and TTCombat has nothing, at least from what I can tell on both sites. There's no name engraved on the MDF board either, and Google isn't being terribly helpful.
Troll Trader and TTCombat are the same company, the web presence for TTCombat isn't very good, and I think the Troll Trader ebay page is the only place you can get the TTCombat products.

Schmetterling posted:

When will the points be finalised?

Hopefully this weekend, and we can get you guys started picking from the Grand Prizes :)

Slimnoid
Sep 6, 2012

krushgroove posted:

Troll Trader and TTCombat are the same company, the web presence for TTCombat isn't very good, and I think the Troll Trader ebay page is the only place you can get the TTCombat products.

Huh, so you're right!

That's a bit...odd, honestly, but whatever.

LaikatheSpaceDog
May 1, 2014

Brushes: Received!
Pigments: Received!

Thank you!

I guess I should paint something...

krushgroove
Oct 23, 2007

Disapproving look
Fabulous! Good to see the prizes to the US folks are starting to reach their destinations :)

And now...

we've got...

THE GRAND PRIZES!

Here are the top 10 Oath Thread participants on points:
In first place, with 110 points, is Slimnoid!
In second place, 106 points, is LaikatheSpaceDog!
In third place, with 102 points, is Red Shoe!
In fourth place, with 93 points, is Signal!
In fifth place, with 88 points, is Deanut Pancer!
In sixth place, with 84 points, is Schmetterling!
In seventh place, with 83 points, is Android!
TIED for 8th place is lovestick with 82 points!
TIED for 8th place is Ledgem with 82 points!
In tenth place, with 81 points, is Zark the Damned!

As you can see, from fifth place and up the points were very tight!

We have no official rules about tiebreakers, but without looking at any statistics, I made these rulings:
The first tiebreaker is the number of completed Oaths during the year.
Looking over the spreadsheet, both lovestick and Ledgem completed Oaths in all 12 months!

So...on to the SECOND tiebreaker...which I decided would be the number of 1st place votes from the Judges!
Looking through all of the Judge's posts from Season 5, here's what I found, in chronological order:
In October, lovestick received TWO first-place decisions from Germ and Monoliths! Amazing!
A couple of months later, in December, Ledgem received a first-place decision from Bachtere. DRAMA!
Just a couple of months later, in February, Ledgem received another first-place decision from Bachtere! TIED UP!
And that's how it stayed to the end of the year!

And we're on to a THIRD TIEBREAKER!! This time, the number of 2nd place votes from the Judges would do it!
AND LEDGEM TAKES IT!! Two 2nd place decisions, both in December from Germ and Monoliths!

If we'd needed a fourth or fifth tiebreaker, I would have gone to the number of 3rd place votes (neither goon had any 3rd place votes) and the number of Journal votes (of which lovestick received one vote for, from Bachtere last July).

So the final order is:
Slimnoid
LaikatheSpaceDog
Red Shoe
Signal
Deanut Pancer
Schmetterling
Android
Ledgem
lovestick
Zark the Damned

Now, SLIMNOID, you have the FIRST PICK OF THE GRAND PRIZES!
These are, in no particular order:

a full set of Badger Minitaire paints!

a KR Multicase set of storage boxes and carry case
a KR Multicase set of storage boxes and carry case

Dropzone Commander army starter set and rulebook

Prodos Games Mutant Chronicles Warzone Resurrection army starter set and rulebook

Neo for iwata airbrush from https://www.airbrushes.com

Worldsmith Industries (aka goon Germ!) set of resin terrain
Worldsmith Industries (aka goon Germ!) set of resin terrain

a gift certificate to Lumbering Troll's game shop, Golden Distribution
a gift certificate to Lumbering Troll's game shop, Golden Distribution

A note about Wayland Games
Please note that Wayland Games isn't on this list (they are listed as one of the prize sponsors) - I haven't heard back from my contact there, who had promised me a £75 voucher to the online shop over a year ago. I will be calling Wayland this coming week to find out if they will be honoring their commitment, but I can't say whether they will supply what was promised (if my contact has left the company, all bets are off, really). If they do come, through, that would make it ELEVEN GRAND PRIZES, and the Grand Prize list will be updated appropriately, including tiebreakers if necessary.

For now, to get things moving, I will let the first couple of goons choose their prizes. Usually there's a couple of days between choices anyway, so that gives me a few days to get a response from Wayland. So if/when it becomes your time to pick a prize and you definitely want the Wayland Games voucher, hold off until I get a confirmation back from them one way or the other.

Other notes:
- previously, I had said we would have 12 Grand Prizes, this included a couple of "have what's left in the Grab Bag", which to me is kind of pecking at the dregs of what's in the Grab Bag (which is pretty well stocked now, actually). In order to maintain the stock of the Grab Bag, which hasn't been replenished very much in the past year, these prize choices were removed. There's still 10 Grand Prizes, though (and possibly 11, as noted above).
- many of the physical prizes are coming from the US, and a couple of them are coming from goons - please consider the postage cost when requesting stuff from them. I can't speak for if they are in the same situation as me, but I'm sure they would appreciate the offer to pay for some postage of whatever you're getting from them.

WhiteOutMouse
Jul 29, 2010

:wom: will blow your mind.
So winning a May prize in the 2015 thread reminded me I have a May 2014 prize as well. I won the Troll Trader prize way back when and agreed for end of the year deferment. Did I miss my time?

krushgroove
Oct 23, 2007

Disapproving look

WhiteOutMouse posted:

So winning a May prize in the 2015 thread reminded me I have a May 2014 prize as well. I won the Troll Trader prize way back when and agreed for end of the year deferment. Did I miss my time?

Just replied to you in the Season 6 thread :) see the bottom of the first post in the S6 thread for how to get your choice to you :)

Ledgem
Oct 20, 2010
I made it this year! Hurray!

All the prizes look pretty neat too! As unlikely as it is I still hope that Airbrush makes all the way down to 8th; so curious to learn to use 'em.

Thank you judges, for enjoying my works. Thank you everyone, for painting such great things. Half the fun of this thread is seeing everyone else's stuff. I don't think I'd be able to paint as well as I do without this thread, and I think it shows that I've gotten better over the past few seasons since I started!

And of course thank you Kushgrove for running things! and the other people who run things more in the background.

Slimnoid
Sep 6, 2012

krushgroove posted:

In first place, with 110 points, is Slimnoid!

:catdrugs: :catdrugs: :catdrugs: :catdrugs:

Oh man I totally thought I'd get beaten out by Red Shoe or Laika this year, since they both so good this year (especially you Laika, you were hittin' it out of the loving park).

Before I pick, I do have a question: one of the prizes says "Neo for iwata airbrush," but which one exactly? Is it the CN, BCN, TRN1, TRN2? It's not really clear which one, so I dunno, may want to clarify that.

Also: what exactly is in the KR prize? Like, is it the same load-out as in the OP, or is there different/other stuff included?

krushgroove
Oct 23, 2007

Disapproving look

Slimnoid posted:

Before I pick, I do have a question: one of the prizes says "Neo for iwata airbrush," but which one exactly? Is it the CN, BCN, TRN1, TRN2? It's not really clear which one, so I dunno, may want to clarify that.
It's the CN model, gravity feed dual action, traditional shape (not the TRN trigger model).

quote:

Also: what exactly is in the KR prize? Like, is it the same load-out as in the OP, or is there different/other stuff included?
I honestly don't know exactly what the KR prize will be, but can only imagine it will be similar to this:

quote:

So I knew I was getting the box and foam, but what's this?

A really sweet carrying case!

And a...shiny thing?

That opens into 2 velvet-lined dice trays, containing a tape measure and a shitload of dice.

:aaa: They're pretty legit, guys.

Ledgem posted:

And of course thank you Kushgrove for running things! and the other people who run things more in the background.
Thank you for taking part :)

Slimnoid
Sep 6, 2012

krushgroove posted:

It's the CN model, gravity feed dual action, traditional shape (not the TRN trigger model).

Ah, alright. Well, I've got enough chinese knock-off Iwata models that are similar to the CN model that I think I'll pass on that.

Instead, I'll go for the KR Multicase prize! I'm in need of some transport for my warhamms anyway. Need my address or do you still have that saved in emails?

Ledgem posted:

All the prizes look pretty neat too! As unlikely as it is I still hope that Airbrush makes all the way down to 8th; so curious to learn to use 'em.

You might luck out, who knows! They're super fun to use and you really ought to try it out if you can; check the miniature thread for details/questions on using one.

krushgroove
Oct 23, 2007

Disapproving look

Slimnoid posted:

I'll go for the KR Multicase prize! I'm in need of some transport for my warhamms anyway. Need my address or do you still have that saved in emails?

Great! I've got your address written down at work, when the next KR prize is chosen I'll send details for you and the other person to KR :)

LaikatheSpaceDog, it's your turn to PICK YOUR PRIZE!!!

LaikatheSpaceDog
May 1, 2014

Slimnoid posted:

Oh man I totally thought I'd get beaten out by Red Shoe or Laika this year, since they both so good this year (especially you Laika, you were hittin' it out of the loving park).

Thanks, man! We all did some amazing work this season.

As for my prize, I think I'll go with the Minitaire Paints!

Schmetterling
Apr 1, 2011

:woop: Sixth! :woop:

It's a while until I get to pick, but I've got a couple of questions; can the winner have any input as to the KR Multicase they get, i.e. choosing foam size?; and for the Golden Distribution vouchers, how much are they for and do they ship internationally?

krushgroove
Oct 23, 2007

Disapproving look

LaikatheSpaceDog posted:

Thanks, man! We all did some amazing work this season.

As for my prize, I think I'll go with the Minitaire Paints!

Great, I'll get your details to Badger :)

Schmetterling posted:

:woop: Sixth! :woop:

It's a while until I get to pick, but I've got a couple of questions; can the winner have any input as to the KR Multicase they get, i.e. choosing foam size?; and for the Golden Distribution vouchers, how much are they for and do they ship internationally?

KR just sends a selection, I can try to get a particular set of trays etc if you can give me a part number. I'm confirming with LumberingTroll to find out the value of his gift certs.

Red Shoe
Apr 16, 2005

Brogies in arms!
I'm going to go with the second KR case for my prize. Thanks oath thread organizers!

Signal
Dec 10, 2005

That makes it my turn, right? :D Can I get the Dropzone Commander Resistance Starter?

krushgroove
Oct 23, 2007

Disapproving look
Great! Please drop me an email with your mailing address :) krushgroove169 at gmail.com

Slimnoid - KR Multicase set
LaikatheSpaceDog - Badger Minitaire Full Set
Red Shoe - KR Multicase set
Signal - Hawk Wargames Dropzone Commander Resistance Starter Set & Rulebook
Deanut Pancer
Schmetterling
Android
Ledgem
lovestick
Zark the Damned

Deanut Pancer, you're up!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

stabbington
Sep 1, 2007

It doesn't feel right to kill an unarmed man... but I'll get over it.

Galaspar posted:

Thanks for this! I'm not (currently) a Warmachine or Hordes player, so I'm having difficulty deciding on a faction, but I'll let you know soon. Does anyone have any recommendations for one that's fun to paint and game with?

Just a reminder that I'm still waiting for an email/PM to get you your prize (stabworth.sa@gmail.com). If you're still looking for a faction suggestion, my personal preferences are Trolls, Circle, and Khador in terms of things that are fun to paint and play, but see the Warmachine/Hordes Thread for more in-depth information and commentary, or Privateer's own Warmachine and Hordes galleries if you just want to browse models until you spot a faction with cool stuff you like.

• Locked thread