Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Galaspar
Aug 20, 2006
Will reign this way again
I, Galaspar, oath Nork Deddog by GW for May
Featuring giant spiky mace and obligatory dead assassin basing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Galaspar
Aug 20, 2006
Oath Complete

Complete with failed assassin:

I followed the Box Art scheme (with slight variations due to my modelling choices), as per this pic from GW's site

Found here: http://www.games-workshop.com/en-GB/Militarum-Auxilla-Nork-Deddog

Also took the three WIP photos as I went along:

So I'm going for:
Inquisitor's Journal
Box Art
Double the Fun
Season 5iver

Galaspar fucked around with this message at 23:04 on May 31, 2014

Galaspar
Aug 20, 2006
For June I, Galaspar, oath 5 Tempestus Scions by GW

Galaspar
Aug 20, 2006
Oath Complete!

Claiming fly your flag, also the basing jurnal for the slate/Chaos/dog business on the standard bearer. The squad are a themed group.

Galaspar
Aug 20, 2006
I'd been sitting on that cat hat for a while. Found it in the back room of the local GW when the young lady worked there, came off an Empire general I believe. Knew some project would need it, and sure enough they started using lion imagery for Scions.

Galaspar
Aug 20, 2006
I, Galaspar, oath one Taurox Prime half-track by Games Workshop

Galaspar
Aug 20, 2006
Oath Complete

Lighting Jurnal on the headlights.

Galaspar
Aug 20, 2006
Having mentioned the problem of too many chiefs in my Imperial Guard army, now is the time to take the bull by the horns.

For August I, Galaspar, oath ten Astra Militarum Cadians by Games Workshop

I'm determined that each one will be a basic lasgun-armed trooper. This might not stop me from turning them all into special snowflakes, however.

Galaspar
Aug 20, 2006
Oath Complete!

NMM Jurnal Attempted on the servo-skull following the lead trooper.

EDIT: This is a Themed Group.

Galaspar fucked around with this message at 12:07 on Sep 1, 2014

Galaspar
Aug 20, 2006
For September, Galaspar oaths one Chaos Space Marine Hellbrute (28mm, GW)

It's a pretty heavy cut and swap job from the Dark Vengeance Hellbrute, as you can see from the GW stock example:

As well as hacking off the arms and adding resin replacements, he's has a head-swap and a brutal tentacle transplant (plus he's been covered in grisly trophies, because I plan to paint him as a Night Lord).

EDIT: A clear picture of the conversion:

Galaspar fucked around with this message at 20:41 on Sep 4, 2014

Galaspar
Aug 20, 2006

Slimnoid posted:

Where's that head from? Vampire Counts?

Yes, I think it was from the "ghoul king on terrorgeist" model. Seemed to fit for a depraved, vampiric-looking Night Lord.

Galaspar
Aug 20, 2006
Oath Complete!

Claiming Jurnal for the arm swap and head swap.

Galaspar
Aug 20, 2006
For October I, Galaspar, oath one converted Chaos Lord and one Forge World Davinite Lodge Priest (GW, 28mm)

Galaspar
Aug 20, 2006
Oath complete

EDIT: Sorry for the rubbish pictures, bit of a rush job. If it's ok, I edited on my name later below.

Charity Jurnal is on the Chaos Lord. We've had two campaigns running in the UK this month, Stoptober to encourage people off the fags, and Octsober to stop them drinking. His lordship is helping the Imperial Guard to kick their vices by holing and trampling their barrels of beer, and slicing off their miserable heads mid-puff (again, rubbish picture, but the decapitated guardsman on the base is smoking).

Galaspar fucked around with this message at 21:09 on Nov 1, 2014

Galaspar
Aug 20, 2006
I, Galaspar, oath to paint five Night Lord Raptors for November. 40k, 28mmm, GW/Forge World

A birthday present from Namenlos, with a few discrete conversions.

Galaspar
Aug 20, 2006
Oath Complete

Hairy Jurnal on the central model, who's had a headswap to give a fleshy effect on the helmet, and then some hair added from yet another model.

Edit - this is a themed group

Galaspar fucked around with this message at 08:40 on Dec 1, 2014

Galaspar
Aug 20, 2006
Had no idea what to oath this month, so time to kitbash some chaos marines!

For December I oath five Chaos Space Marines

Galaspar
Aug 20, 2006
That's right! My wife bought the set last year, because she wanted to oath the banner bearer (you might remember, she painted an entire John Blanche painting on the ruddy thing, still no idea how she managed that). The commander went into the bitz box til I rummaged through the other day, found him and a half of Abbadon's sword, and decided it was about time I tried a Black Legion project. Each of the other guys, as you can probably tell, is dedicated to one of the Chaos gods, and I'm trying a colour scheme that ties them all together.

Galaspar
Aug 20, 2006
Krushgroove, I think you missed my oath.

Galaspar
Aug 20, 2006
Oath Complete

Weathering Jurnal
There's some weathering on each of these guys, but most notably one the Nurgle trooper on the left, who is absolutely filthy.

Galaspar
Aug 20, 2006
For January I oath five Tau Pathfinders on a display base

I'd better hurry, they're my entry for a competition at my local GW on Saturday.

Galaspar
Aug 20, 2006
My Tau aren't complete yet, so this is a WIP pic, but they've already won the painting competition at the local GW!

Of course, this would have been more of an achievement if more than one other person had entered, or if that person had bothered to stick arms on his firewarriors :smith:

Galaspar
Aug 20, 2006
Oath Complete!

For the Freehand Jurnal, each model has squad markings on his shoulder pad.

It's the Tau numeral for 15

Galaspar
Aug 20, 2006

krushgroove posted:

Wow. OK. Some seriously amazing stuff coming through :)

I'm at the Nurnberg Toy Fair this past week so I haven't had much time or internet connection, but I'll give you this next month's Inquisitor's Journal theme, which is 'break the 4th wall'.

Like last year, this involves somehow adding something to your model, paint or base that is outside the normal genre of any model you Oath this month. You can sculpt it, add a bit, do a conversion, paint it, or whatever.

There are a lot of cross-genre models and game settings out there, so there's a LOT of leeway for this Journal. If you have any questions just pipe up, it's OK.

I'll update this post with SRM's fantastic art and the storyline as soon as I can.

Would real-world references qualify here, or are you looking for elements from other fictional universes?

Galaspar
Aug 20, 2006
For February I oath Huron Blackheart and his familiar (GW, 28mm) plus a scratch-built objective marker

For some strange reason Rolf Harris quotes aren't as popular as they used to be, but can you tell what it is yet?

Galaspar
Aug 20, 2006
Oath Complete!

4th Wall Jurnal It's well known that Huron Blackheart raids and plunders his way across the galaxy accompanied by an malevolent little creature of unknown origin, which grants him sinister powers, and nips at the heels of his foes. What is perhaps less well known is the Huron has a constant hankering for deli meats. Even on the field of battle, the Tyrant demands the his lackeys erect a heavy iron frame, from which a leg of pork (or whatever nefarious joint of meat he can acquire) can be suspended above a brazier to smoke and cure. Indeed, Huron believes that these war-hams, cured in the smoke and dust of bitter combat, have the finest taste, and bring a short moment of satisfaction to his painful, violent life.

Thus, wherever Huron Blackheart goes, he brings both his Hamadrya and his Ham-dryer.

Galaspar fucked around with this message at 12:05 on Mar 1, 2015

Galaspar
Aug 20, 2006
For March I oath three Imperial Guard and and two-man Mortar Team, mixture of GW, Forge World and Victoria Miniatures parts

Galaspar
Aug 20, 2006
Oath Complete!

Jurnal is some deep scratches on the mortar, ammo crate and crew helmets, and scars on the faces of the Mordians.

Galaspar
Aug 20, 2006
For April I solemnly oath six Hive Gangers for Necromunda (GW but very, very old)

Galaspar
Aug 20, 2006
I haven't received the brushes.

Galaspar
Aug 20, 2006
Oath Complete

No jurnal this time.

Galaspar
Aug 20, 2006

stabbington posted:

Galaspar, PM me or email stabworth.sa@gmail.com with your choice of Warmachine or Hordes faction and a shipping address to claim your battlebox and token set!

Thanks for this! I'm not (currently) a Warmachine or Hordes player, so I'm having difficulty deciding on a faction, but I'll let you know soon. Does anyone have any recommendations for one that's fun to paint and game with?

Galaspar
Aug 20, 2006

stabbington posted:

Just a reminder that I'm still waiting for an email/PM to get you your prize (stabworth.sa@gmail.com). If you're still looking for a faction suggestion, my personal preferences are Trolls, Circle, and Khador in terms of things that are fun to paint and play, but see the Warmachine/Hordes Thread for more in-depth information and commentary, or Privateer's own Warmachine and Hordes galleries if you just want to browse models until you spot a faction with cool stuff you like.

Email sent! Thanks again!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Galaspar
Aug 20, 2006
I've received my Hordes prize, and it's a fantastic set of models. Thank you!

• Locked thread