Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
signalnoise
Mar 7, 2008

i was told my old av was distracting
I, signalnoise, oath these 10 Dreadball figures from the Corporation team, for the month of May 2014.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

signalnoise
Mar 7, 2008

signalnoise posted:

I, signalnoise, oath these 10 Dreadball figures from the Corporation team, for the month of May 2014.

WIP

My Dreadballers are one of my first efforts in object source lighting. What's the object? The neon lights of the stadium, of course!

Full VA metallic Chrome with a light dusting of Minitaire Plasma Fluid

Just need detailing!

signalnoise
Mar 7, 2008

Is it possible to scale back oaths? I pledged 10 dudes but I have experimented and have been unsatisfied multiple times and I'm not the fastest painter. I'm only like 30% done on them on the latest job and I'm starting to have second thoughts about the color I picked.

signalnoise
Mar 7, 2008

krushgroove posted:

Unfortunately Oaths are locked in when they're accepted, there's no scaling back... There's still plenty of time, and if you skip basing to save time you don't miss out on completing your Oath!
Yeah fair's fair. I suppose this is an instance where the oath will make me try to salvage the color instead of starting over for the 4th time.

signalnoise
Mar 7, 2008

Yeah my oathed mans are gonna look like poo poo but I guess they'll be done

signalnoise
Mar 7, 2008

OATH COMPLETE

signalnoise fucked around with this message at 20:16 on May 31, 2014

signalnoise
Mar 7, 2008

I'm probably oathing Deadzone this month, which has some wonky bases that aren't the best for customizing (or I'm not imaginative enough). Do we need full on terrain adjustment on them or will a body part and a few shell casings do the trick?

signalnoise
Mar 7, 2008

I, signalnoise, do hereby OATH these 3 miniatures from Mantic, which includes 1 Enforcer Captain, 1 Plague Stage 1A, and 1 Marauder Ripper Suit.

Also I apparently need to figure out what the gently caress about my camera cause these shots are horrible

signalnoise fucked around with this message at 21:20 on Jun 3, 2014

signalnoise
Mar 7, 2008

krushgroove posted:

Good question - your original Oath picture will have the actual model you're doing, so any conversion work you would do to it wouldn't need to be shown (to me at least - for the conversion contest it's a different matter), so I'm not going to require a separate pic of everyone's base additions either. Just crack on and all's good :)

What about prefab bases, resin inserts and wotnot

signalnoise
Mar 7, 2008

OATH ADDITION these 3 bases!

signalnoise fucked around with this message at 00:16 on Jun 16, 2014

signalnoise
Mar 7, 2008

krushgroove posted:

Yeah, busy busy busy! We'll have our ducks in a row next month :P

It behooves me (I don't get to use that phrase much, sorry) to say that UK/EU goons will be choosing from Grab Bag loot that I've got on hand, and US/North American goons will be choosing from loot that Manifest has on hand (and, for the moment, what Iris of Ether has available that she is donating). So lovestick, if you're in North America there's a lot of stuff you can pick from! If you're from the UK

This is also a call to goons in the UK and EU to send me your models that you think need more love than what you can give! Send me your stuff for the Grab Bag! PM or email me if you've got anything you want to donate :)

I actually wonder if anyone will give a poo poo about half the poo poo I'm sending you guys but I guess we'll see!

signalnoise
Mar 7, 2008

Jeez, I thought I had more time but American Samoa is sneaking up on me

signalnoise
Mar 7, 2008

OATH COMPLETE

Claiming the jernal for the resin bases

signalnoise
Mar 7, 2008

If I look back at my work and think I need to do some extra poo poo to it because I really like the model and feel it's not quite my best, does this invalidate my completion?

Basically I'm getting people telling me I need to do various things to them or certain things are wrong and I think I agree

signalnoise
Mar 7, 2008

I, signalnoise, oath these *10* Mantic Marauders from Deadzone

I have a feeling that I'm gonna fail this oath, but I gotta get these fuckers painted drat it

signalnoise fucked around with this message at 19:43 on Jul 6, 2014

signalnoise
Mar 7, 2008

signalnoise posted:

I, signalnoise, oath these 11 Mantic Marauders from Deadzone

I have a feeling that I'm gonna fail this oath, but I gotta get these fuckers painted drat it

Hey can I amend this? After closer investigation one of the plague dudes fell into my marauder foam insert, so it's actually only 10 marauders.

signalnoise
Mar 7, 2008

krushgroove posted:

This is fine, just amend your original post and the spreadsheet can be amended as well, no new picture needed unless you want to go for it.

Woop its done, thanks!

signalnoise
Mar 7, 2008

Gonna declare my oath FAILED

Cannot get my head around painting lately

signalnoise
Mar 7, 2008

I, signalnoise, OATH this Mantic Raptor for the Marauder faction of Warpath!

And I'm going to do it primarily with markers!

I'd also like to salvage last month's oath if possible? What is Save Da Whales that I've been hearing about? Do I just gotta say they're gonna be finished by the end of this month, along wit my new oath?

signalnoise fucked around with this message at 21:02 on Aug 2, 2014

signalnoise
Mar 7, 2008

Oath failed as I managed to not get my poo poo done before dragoncon ugh

signalnoise
Mar 7, 2008

I'm having difficulty focusing on miniatures and I'm failing oaths! Can I oath a Gundam model? It comes in multi-colored plastic but I intend to paint it up. Can/should I just post a picture of all the bits primed after I cut em off the sprues and prime so it's all the same color?

signalnoise
Mar 7, 2008

Hey krushgroove, I never got a reply about this- Even though Gundams are multicolored plastic, is it ok if I oath one so long as I prime it? And if so can I prime some parts black and some parts white and call it zenithal?

signalnoise
Mar 7, 2008

krushgroove posted:

Oops yeah, saw that question a while back but forgot to answer it. Yes you're fine. Not sure if what you're describing is actually 'zenithal' priming but yes, go for it. If you're unsure just post a picture!

This is what I've got so far. Everything except stuff for the base has been cut from the sprue and the sprue nub's been ground down. From here I need to wash all the pieces, prime them, spray them their appropriate colors, detail them, and finally assemble it all. Pink will be primed white, red and grey will be primed black.

To be honest it's a lot more work than I normally would post for an oath, but I find making these models to be easier for me to complete than painting tiny mans.

Want me to just take another picture when it's all primed, for the oathing? I'd like to contribute to the thread with these models but it's kind of a pain in the rear end to conform to the rules with them. My main concern with oathing this stuff is that there are so many goddamn pieces that it's hard to get a shot of all of them at once to show that you've primed them, and I don't want to just prime them on the sprues. Would it be possible to get an exception to the single color rule for models if you can prove that the pieces are not the original colors or something? There's a website, dalong.net, that shows all the models assembled in their original colors, if that helps.

signalnoise
Mar 7, 2008

krushgroove posted:

Yeah with Gundamn models it's difficult to conform to the rules of a competition that is primarily for they typical gaming figurine. Other Oathers have shown pictures of just the sprues they'll be assembling, I think we can just call this one the same thing, even if you've taken the pieces off the sprue. No worries! Carry on :)

Oh, so for future models I paint up can I just show pictures of the fresh open box? Also

I, signalnoise, OATH THIS GUNDAM STRIKE ROUGE MODEL BY BANDAI

signalnoise
Mar 7, 2008

be safe failed oath ghost

signalnoise
Mar 7, 2008

I have to call my oath broken already. I lost a part of my model. I think.

Next month I'll oath something with less than 100 pieces or whatever.

signalnoise
Mar 7, 2008

Coulda fooled me

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

signalnoise
Mar 7, 2008

With this season coming to a close (to my knowledge) and the new season coming up, I regret my past submissions to this thread because I broke my oath like 3 times. Anyone got strategies for ensuring you fulfill the oaths you make? I'm thinking it might be best to just oath like one model a month but it feels like such a cop out.

• Locked thread