Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Fuegan
Aug 23, 2008

poo poo yeah, oath thread time! I have been utterly useless at these every year what with starting off well and then giving up but at least I got a Contemptor and some Plague Toads painted I guess. This time around, I'm going to focus on 30k, but I've already started my Pyroclasts so can't use those. Considering picking something up to paint for the month :rodimus:

E: Welp, that's five MKIII armour Marines bought along with bolters and Salamanders shoulder pads. Well played, thread. Well played indeed.

Fuegan fucked around with this message at 20:57 on May 2, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fuegan
Aug 23, 2008

My lack of taking part in the oath thread last time meant that when the 5 marines I ordered from FW turned up, I got so excited about painting them that I made, sprayed, aibrushed, washed and started the metallics before realising I'd forgotten to take a drat picture of them :downs:. Oh well, looks like I might be missing this month after all (or ordering a Praetor...)

Fuegan
Aug 23, 2008

I am fully aware that this oath is a bit lame but I'm already working on 30k Salamanders that I can't oath :(. With that in mind I figure I'll probably try and speed paint this little blighter, so without further ado,

I, Fuegan, oath this solitary Hormagaunt from the Games Workshop model range.

I'll make a better one next month, honest!

Fuegan
Aug 23, 2008

:catdrugs: OATH COMPLETE :catdrugs:

Hooray for speed painting! Now I can get back to these Salamanders.

I also had a crack at a couple of extras this month. First up, Speed Painting!

And also Detektuv's Jurnal

First up, the carapace goes on...

Followed by a Nuln Oil wash...

And a little magic! By which I mean reapply the base colour and some highlighting, do some feathering on the carapace etc.

I believe this entitles me to claim Double The Fun for those two, plus Season 5iver for my first Season 5 oath! Right?

Roll on next month!

Fuegan
Aug 23, 2008

Sorry to be a pain but I just noticed that while there's links to my finished stuff, my "Completed/Username/Jurnal" points haven't been updated.

Fuegan
Aug 23, 2008

I love this time of the month :allears:

Fuegan
Aug 23, 2008

FW need to hurry up and post my drat Legion Praetors!

Fuegan
Aug 23, 2008

I guess I'd better get on with this month's project now it's decided to turn up!

I, Fuegan, oath one Salamanders Legion Praetor from the Games Workshop range for June! Going to be doing some fun conversion stuff and some work with brass etch.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fuegan
Aug 23, 2008

:siren:OATH COMPLETE!:siren:

Man, this one was a slog considering it's only one model. Unfortunately the photos don't really do it justice and seem to have washed it out a lot but I painted it so woohoo.

Might try and do a bit more work with the eyes but that's as good as it's getting for now. I also decided to model on a reptile scale cloak to represent the Mantle of the Elder Drake.

And I guess I'll pick up a couple of extra points for the Inquisitor's Journal for the base and Parts List for the following:

Tamiya Flat Green
Loren Forest
Biel-Tan Green
Lahmian Medium
Leadbelcher
Ironbreaker
Runefang Steel
Nuln Oil
Warplock Bronze
Runelord Brass
Abaddon Black
Ceramite White