Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Pash
Sep 10, 2009

The First of the Adorable Dead
I, Pash, Oath for the month of May 5 Phoenix Guard (GW) and 3 Dragon Ogres (GW)!

Season 5iver!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pash
Sep 10, 2009

You missed my Display board. Its not great... but it does exist...

Pash
Sep 10, 2009

Oath Completed!

Dragon Ogres:

Phoenix Guard:

I am claiming Themed Group for the Phoenix Guard

Also Season 5'iver

Parts List
I'm doing the parts list for the Dragon Ogres I did for the oath:

1 Box of Games Workshop Dragon Ogres

Primer:
White Armory Spray Primer

Base model Colors:
Citadel Etherium Blue
Citadel Lothern Blue
Citadel Mournfang Brown
Citadel Auric Armour Gold
Citadel Caledor Sky
Warpaints Bone
Warpaints White

Wash:
Citadel Nuln Oil

Highlights:
Citadel Etherium Blue (again)
Citadel Caledor Sky (again)
Citadel Lothern Blue (again)
Citadel Teclis Blue
Citadel 'ardcoat
Citadel Skrag Brown

Basing Materials:
Base was does with medium and small grit from the Gale Force 9 "Summer Pasture" Basing Kit
The rocks were just pieces of Cork I got from somewhere...
Citadel Waagh! Flesh
Citadel Dawnstone
Citadel Mephiston Red

Jurnal:

I started by spray priming the models white with the above mentioned primer:

Next I began doing base coats of the skin colors:

Followed by the armor and scales and such until everything had a layer of paint on it. I also touched stuff up at this point to account for mistakes:

I then liberally applied Nuln Oil (the wash) all over the models, trying to cover everything:

I then highlighted all of the skin, the bone, and well... most everything. I added 'Ard Coat to the scales on teh back to make them shiny.

Finally I based them with gravel, which I washed red and brushed grey, and have them standing on the rocks made from Cork and painted and brushed grey.

Finally if it counts double the fun for the dragon ogres for the Jurnal and the parks list!

Pash
Sep 10, 2009

I, Pash, Oath for the Month of June 1 GW Bretonnian Pegasus Knight and 5 GW High Elf Phoenix Guard

Is it okay if I add the stuff to make the Peg Knights base better later?

Pash
Sep 10, 2009

Also...

Alternate Universe Oath!

I Pash, Oath to complete sometime this year... A lot of Dropzone Commander UCM By Hawk games stuff:

1 Albatross Heavy Dropship
3 Condor Medium Dropships
2 Raven-A Dropships
2 Raven-B Dropships
3 Sabre MBTs
3 Rapier AA Tanks
12 Wolverines Type A
4 Wolverines Type B
2 Bear APCs
1 Kodiak ACV
12 Bases of Colonial Legionnaire Squads.

Pash
Sep 10, 2009

Oath Completed!

I, Pash, have completed my oath for June!

First the 5 Phoenix Guard:

The Pegasus Knight:

You might be able to tell but he is my entry for the Jurnul for June.

Here are some pre-painting pictures of the base, cause I was not sure what I needed to include:

Here I painted it grey:

Overall I got this piece for an aquarium, I attached some cork to the base to be rocks and put the aqaurium piece on top. I then painted everything grey, washed, and highlighted it. Then I added some gravel, which I painted black before dry brushing it with several colors. Finally I added grass, bushes, and vines to complete the old ruined look.

Also Backstory on the Peg knight!

quote:

Sir Bester was at home in the skies. There was nothing he enjoyed more than soaring through the air on his Pegasus Lazarus before diving on unsuspecting foes. Yet here he was. Responding to an urgent call to arms Bester had taken to the skies to cover ground ahead of the rest of his force. The enemies has chanced upon him while he was watering Lazarus. Given the distance Bester had time to mount up before his foes were upon him. He drew his sword and smiled. They had not seen his Pegasus when they had spotted him, and might assume that like most Bretonnian Knights he was mounted on a horse. He gave Lazarus a kick and leaped into the air over an old stone monument to hit the flank of the scouts that thought they were moving in for the kill.

Pash
Sep 10, 2009

I, Pash, Oath for the month of July, 5 GW Phoenix Guard, One GW Necromancer, and One GW Questing Knight.

Pash
Sep 10, 2009

I just post my speed painting stuff at the end of the month right? Just finished it and I have the before and after pictures with the world time clock, but the rest of my oath won't be done for a while.

Pash
Sep 10, 2009

Iris of Ether posted:

Yeah, as long as you have proof of before and after times, then it's fine to put it at the end of the month.

Great, Thanks!

Pash
Sep 10, 2009

Oath Complete!

I am also Claiming:

Fly your flag, for the Phoenix guard banner.

Speed Painting:

Inquisitor Jurnul:
The skull is glowing blue to do the OSL challenge.

Pash
Sep 10, 2009

I, Pash, Oath for the month of August 4 GW Vampire Counts Dire Wolves, One Necromancer (no idea what company) and one GW High Elf Bolt Thrower crewman

Pash
Sep 10, 2009

Oath Completed!

Themed Group for the 4 Dire Wolves and the necromancer.

Inquisitor Jurnul on the sword on the Elf Blot thrower crewman.

Pash
Sep 10, 2009

I, Pash, Oath for the month of September 10 Privateer Press Warders, and one Converted Wild Rider made from GW Dryad bits, Corsair Bits, and Spear Elf bits.

A couple closer looks at the conversion:

Here are official pictures of the preconversion models, minus the spear elf spear and shield:

Pash
Sep 10, 2009

Oath Completed!

Here are the 10 Warders, for which I am claiming themed group:

Here is my Jurnul guy, I showed the changes in my initial post, but hes made out of a bunch of dryad bits, a dark elf corsair, and a dark elf spear elf:

Pash
Sep 10, 2009

I, Pash, Oath for the month of October 1 Bretonnian Knight by GW, and 6 Cygnar Rangers by Privateer Press

Pash
Sep 10, 2009

Quick question: I was transporting my oathed models and a barrel of a gun broke off, I promptly set it aside so as not to lose it, but managed to lose it anyway. I ended up replacing it with a end of a spear from another model that was not painted. Do I need to take do anything to adjust what happened or can I just continue forward with my oath?

Pash
Sep 10, 2009

krushgroove posted:

Just carry on, dude :)

Awesome. Thats what I figured but thought I would check.

Pash
Sep 10, 2009

Iris of Ether posted:

August Oath Thread, Springer-Pinsel Set 1d50 32 http://orokos.com/roll/225735
August Oath Thread, Dragon Forge 1d50 32 http://orokos.com/roll/225744
The winner of the roll for both of these drawings was Pash! However, we have a limit on one monthly prize per month, so please let us know which prize you'd like!

Can you remind me what the choices are for the Dragon Forge prize? I looked at the first page and the wiki but could not seem to find what my choices were there. I'm always happy with brushes, but want to look through the Dragon Forge stuff knowing what I could select before I make a decision.

Thanks!

Pash
Sep 10, 2009

krushgroove posted:

You have to go to the Dragon Forge website http://dragonforge.com/ and choose what you want and give me the info outlined here: http://sa-tg-oath-thread.wikia.com/wiki/Dragon_Forge

Okay, I'm going with the Dragon Forge prize, pass the Brushes on to the other guy. I will email my info.

Pash
Sep 10, 2009

Oath Complete!

Claiming Themed Group for the Rangers.

Jurnul:

For this I chose Stephen Colbert's Wrist Strong Charity, which raises awareness for minor injuries. While it was a joke they did use it to raise money for the Yellow Ribbon Fund.

Pash
Sep 10, 2009

I, Pash, Oath for the month of November: one GW bretonnian Kight, converted a bit, 3 wreak markers for warmachine i build using leftover bits and cork and stuff, and 2 mantic undead trebuchets and 2 crew members for each (so 4 total).

Note some things are primed white, others black.

This is a bad look at what i did for hair. I cut off the stuff for the knight, and made some hair with green stuff.

Pash
Sep 10, 2009

Iris of Ether posted:

Q2 Oath Thread: Stabbington: Warmachine Starter Set 1d57 35 http://orokos.com/roll/234887
This goes to Pash!

Wooo! How do I go about collecting this prize! Awesome! Thanks!

Pash
Sep 10, 2009

Oath Complete!

Whew... this one was kinda close. I actually had everything done for this oath after the first week or so of the month... except for the Knight, which I just finished.

Anyways first things, Warmachine Wreak Markers:

Bonus point: I Rolled a 6...

The Knight, complete with Inquisitor Jurnal Hair, made from green stuff:

And finally the Skeleton Catapults and their crew, for which I am claiming Themed Group:

Pash
Sep 10, 2009

stabbington posted:

If you have plat, PM me your address and the faction you'd prefer, otherwise email me at stabworth.sa@gmail.com.

Email sent!

Pash
Sep 10, 2009

I, Pash, Oath for the month of December: 2 GW Black Knights (command), a Sphinx I got from last years mega grab bag, and 5 Mantic Skeleton warriors.

Pash
Sep 10, 2009

Hey Krushgroove,

Did you ever get my email about the Dragon Forge Bases prize I got a while back? I never heard back from you and just wanted to confirm that it got submitted. Thanks!

Pash
Sep 10, 2009

stabbington posted:

If you have plat, PM me your address and the faction you'd prefer, otherwise email me at stabworth.sa@gmail.com.

Just got the stuff in the mail! Thanks a bunch!

Pash
Sep 10, 2009

Oath Completed!

The Jurnal is the rust on the skeletons armor and stuff.

Here are some other images:

Pash
Sep 10, 2009

I, Pash, Oath for the month of January: 1 GW Bretonnian Questing Knight Standard bearer, 10 GW Glade Guard, and a GW Emporers Champion Model, which I am converting to be a flying knight dude by removing the backpack, and adding wings and a shield. His base also has a rock formation i made out of cork.

Pash
Sep 10, 2009

Oath Completed!

Claiming the Jurnal for the freehand heraldry on the Knight.

Also claiming themed group for the glade guard.

Pash
Sep 10, 2009

Galaspar posted:

Would real-world references qualify here, or are you looking for elements from other fictional universes?

Last year I got some judge points for painting a Flame Phoenix like a Parrot.

Pash
Sep 10, 2009

I, Pash, Oath for the month of February, 5 GW Glade Guard, a converted Naestra and Arahan (The eagle and the two unbased glade guard, and a GW Terrorghiest

Pash
Sep 10, 2009

HiveCommander posted:

Krushgroove, did you get my email back in December about the Dragonforge prize I apparently won from my one and only oath back in November?? I haven't heard back at all

I'm in the same boat from earlier than that as well, have heard nothing from Krushgroove or Dragonforge on it.

Pash
Sep 10, 2009

moths posted:

I won DF stuff two seasons running and still haven't gotten any. :smith:

So what you are saying is, that when I won two prizes and choose the DF bases, I made the wrong choice... :(

Pash
Sep 10, 2009

Oath Complete!

Woo, this one was a harder one to finish. Anyway:

Pictures of the 5 Glade Guard and Converted Sisters on Eagle, oh also this is a Themed Group:

Close up of the Sisters conversion:

And here is the Terrorghiest... or should I say Rainbowghiest... this is obviously my Jurnul for the month.

Pash fucked around with this message at 00:21 on Mar 1, 2015

Pash
Sep 10, 2009

I, Pash, Oath for the Month of March 1 Privateer Press Magnus the Traitor Model.

I will probably add more stuff to my oath once the challenge is posted.

Pash
Sep 10, 2009

I, Pash, add to my oath for March, 5 Mantic Ladies riding kitties (i dont remember the real name, just call them kitty riders)

I converted them some by putting a magnet in their backs, all the gear at their feet is stuff I magnetized so that it can be swapped on and off so I can use the Kitty riders as all sorts of things.

This was my original oath:

Pash posted:

I, Pash, Oath for the Month of March 1 Privateer Press Magnus the Traitor Model.

I will probably add more stuff to my oath once the challenge is posted.

Pash
Sep 10, 2009

Since next year is leap year there should be an alternative for February where you paint something that's leaping.

Pash
Sep 10, 2009

Oath Complete!

I'm Claiming Themed Group for the 5 girls on kitties. The Bows on the desk by them are magatized and can swap with the shields and xbows on their backs. As shown in this picture:

Also Claiming the Jurnual for this damage to the shield:

Also claiming box art for Traitor Magnus here:

The picture did not turn out great, I can retake it if need be.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pash
Sep 10, 2009

I, Pash, Oath for the month of April, a bunch of Privateer Pressmodels: a Rotterhorn Griffon, a Argus, The Black Clad Wayfarer, a Feral Warpwolf, and a Druid Wilder.

• Locked thread