Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Lord Hypnostache
Nov 6, 2009

OATHBREAKER
New season, new oaths. Probably won't get as much done as last season, since I'm supposed to be graduating within a year, but I'l try my best.

I, Lord Hypnostache, oath one Inquisitor, two Crusaders, one Librarian, one Honour Guard and three Tactical Marines. Everything 28mm by Games Workshop or kitbashed using GW bits.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lord Hypnostache
Nov 6, 2009

OATHBREAKER
Oath complete!

Inquisitor and the Crusaders

And the Space Marines

And here's some WIP pictures

Touch up on the basecoat, add black and boltgun metal.

Start working on details. The honour guard on the right has most of his details already washed and highlighted (I got carried away with the model)

This is after one or two layers of washes before edge highlighting.

And one picture of the crusaders. Didn't take more pictures since I didn't have a clear vision of a colour scheme for the inquisition dudes when I started painting them.

So, that's Season 5iver and Journal.

Lord Hypnostache
Nov 6, 2009

OATHBREAKER
I, Lord Hypnostache, oath 10 Plague Zombies, a Daemon Prince and a Helbrute. All made from GW bits, except the Daemon Prince's base and bits in Helbrute's base by Secret Weapon Miniatures.

Lord Hypnostache
Nov 6, 2009

OATHBREAKER

Dr. Gargunza posted:

...Having said that, of course, will nine other oathers join me in this challenge? (Pretend I gave some big inspirational speech about the spirit of competition and backing each other's efforts here.)
Let's do this!

:pcgaming: ALTERNATE UNIVERSE OATH :pcgaming: I, Lord Hypnostache, oath these 10 character models for Relic, made by Fantasy Flight Games.

That's about one per month, should be doable, right?

Lord Hypnostache
Nov 6, 2009

OATHBREAKER
I may have sacrificed sleep in order to get this done, but it was worth it.

Oath complete!

Here's my Helbrute (Hugbrute)

Here's the daemon prince

For journal, here's a close-up of his base before pinning

Here are the plague zombies

The zombies were painted using the following paints (in no particular order):
- Skeleton Bone Primer
- Abaddon Black
- Dawnstone
- Warboss Green
- Dark Angels Green
- Warplock Bronze
- Boltgun Metal
- Longbeard Grey
- Graveyard Earth
- Astrogranite
- Screaming Skull
- Mournfang Brown
- Rhinox Hide

So that's journal,themed group, parts list and double the fun.

Lord Hypnostache
Nov 6, 2009

OATHBREAKER
I, Lord Hypnostache oath 4 Deathwatch Space Marines, 1 Space Marine Chaplain, 10 Zombies, 10 Ghouls and 1 Sanctum Imperialis

The ghouls and zombies will be used in 40k as plague zombies, that's why they have round bases and some 40k bits.

Lord Hypnostache
Nov 6, 2009

OATHBREAKER
Taking full advantage from the switch to American Samoa time, OATH COMPLETE

This months Journal is (subtle) OSL on the chaplain's eyes. Also claiming Box art for the chaplain.

Lord Hypnostache
Nov 6, 2009

OATHBREAKER

Iris of Ether posted:

Okay folks, the entries should all be :siren: documented in the Spreadsheet for July! :siren: Check it over and make sure I haven't forgotten you for anything.

One undirected piece of feedback, as I don't recall who posted about it originally: I'm only giving credit for themed groups if all members of the group were painted within the same month. Hopefully that makes more sense!

You forgot to credit me for terrain, since I did paint a ruined house last month. Although I wasn't aware there was anything special going on regarding terrain, that's why I didn't mention it earlier.

Lord Hypnostache
Nov 6, 2009

OATHBREAKER
I, Lord Hypnostache, oath one Manufactorum, two Honour Guards and one Orc Warboss. All models 28mm GW.

Lord Hypnostache
Nov 6, 2009

OATHBREAKER

Lord Hypnostache posted:

I, Lord Hypnostache, oath one Manufactorum, two Honour Guards and one Orc Warboss. All models 28mm GW.

Oath complete!

The journal is the warboss' axe. It's pretty basic, but I'm pretty pleased with it. It was surprisingly easy to paint.

Also, claiming Fly your flag! Since I'm playing Relictors, whose whole gimmick is using Chaos against itself, I thought it would be suitable for my guys to waving Chaotic banner instead of an Imperial one.

Also also, I claim speedpaint for the Manufactorum. I got it finished within 24 hours of the initial oath, but forget to post the picture back then.

I'm feeling pumped for September's theme, now that we're through with the ones I find the hardest, OSL and NMM.

Lord Hypnostache
Nov 6, 2009

OATHBREAKER
I, Lord Hypnostache, oath one Firebelly and three converted Crypt Horrors. Said Horrors will be used as Chaos Spawns in 40k. All bits 28mm GW.

I'll post a comparison picture when I've painted them, but starting from left: The first one has had its head swapped, no actual cutting was required. Second one has had its arms swapped, I had to file down its shoulders to fit the new arms. The third one has had its hands chopped and replaced with lightning claws, as well as having its neck cut down in size to fit a new head.

Lord Hypnostache
Nov 6, 2009

OATHBREAKER
OATH FAILED, I've been crazy busy this month so it was to be expected. I know there's still several hours until deadline, but I'm on train right now and will be spending the next few days with limited internet access. I'll try to save the whales next month and will gladly accept an oath breaker avatar.

Lord Hypnostache
Nov 6, 2009

OATHBREAKER

krushgroove posted:

Luckily for you, there's no more Oathbreaker avatars being handed out! (unless someone wants to make them)

:aaa:

In that case I think I'll scour the unspiration thread for a new avatar. It's the first failure in the 18 or so months of oathing that I've done, I feel I need something to remind me of not doing it again.

Lord Hypnostache
Nov 6, 2009

OATHBREAKER
Thanks, now I'll remember to keep painting. And I encourage other oathbreakers to get those avatars also.

With that said, I, Lord Hypnostache, oath these three Ogre Kingdoms Yhetees for the month of October.

Lord Hypnostache
Nov 6, 2009

OATHBREAKER

Lord Hypnostache posted:

I, Lord Hypnostache, oath one Firebelly and three converted Crypt Horrors. Said Horrors will be used as Chaos Spawns in 40k. All bits 28mm GW.

I'll post a comparison picture when I've painted them, but starting from left: The first one has had its head swapped, no actual cutting was required. Second one has had its arms swapped, I had to file down its shoulders to fit the new arms. The third one has had its hands chopped and replaced with lightning claws, as well as having its neck cut down in size to fit a new head.

Also, I'm appempting to Save the Whales! Here's how the dudes looked at the end of the month, I'll hopefully actually finish them now.

Lord Hypnostache
Nov 6, 2009

OATHBREAKER
OATH COMPLETE
Cutting it real close, I've had these guys painted for over a week now but haven't had time to take photos. No journal unfortunately :(

Lord Hypnostache
Nov 6, 2009

OATHBREAKER

Lord Hypnostache posted:

WHALES SAVED

Lord Hypnostache
Nov 6, 2009

OATHBREAKER
I, Lord Hypnostache, for the month of November, oath five Chaos Space Marines. Everything is 28mm GW.

The settings on my camera are something wonky, but the date and number of dudes should be apparent.

Lord Hypnostache
Nov 6, 2009

OATHBREAKER
Oath completed in the nick of time. I'm glad these guys are done, I don't really enjoy painting Chaos Space Marines and they probably wont even see the table.

Journal is this guys fashionable shoulder pad.

Lord Hypnostache
Nov 6, 2009

OATHBREAKER
For the month of December, I, Lord Hypnostache, oath one Predator and four Space Marines (and their bases). Models are 28mm GW, bases from Secret Weapon Minis.

Lord Hypnostache
Nov 6, 2009

OATHBREAKER

krushgroove posted:

Oops! I got Lord Hypnostache in there twice and missed you!

I shall paint my models, strip them, and paint them again! :black101:

Lord Hypnostache
Nov 6, 2009

OATHBREAKER
Oath complete!

The journal is darkened barrel of the meltagun and the grimy sides of the Predator, both which are a lot subtler in photo than in real life. I thought it would have turned out the other way around.

I'm curious about what I'm going to paint next month. Right now the temperature is somewhere around 4 degrees celcius, but on monday it was close to -20 degrees, which is not a temperature to get anything primed.

Lord Hypnostache
Nov 6, 2009

OATHBREAKER
drat, almost half of the month is already gone and I haven't oathed anything. Well, January should be sort of quiet, so I'll have bunch of time to paint.

I, Lord Hypnostache, oath one Orc Standard Bearer, one Typhus, four Blightkings and one Maulerfiend. Three of the Blightkings have been converted with 40k bits to be used as Obliterators. Everything is 28mm GW except the bases are from Secret Weapon and the Maulerfiend's head is from Raging Heroes.

Lord Hypnostache
Nov 6, 2009

OATHBREAKER
Oath failed again :( I bit more than I could chew and the CSM dinosaur robot is a bitch to paint.

Lord Hypnostache
Nov 6, 2009

OATHBREAKER
I, Lord Hypnostache, oath nine Dark Elf Corsairs and nine Dark Elf Crossbowmen. I refuse to call them Darkshards. That's a silly name. Oh, and they're 28mm GW.

Lord Hypnostache
Nov 6, 2009

OATHBREAKER
Oath complete in the nick of time I had to rush a bit with these, I'll need to go back and do some finishing touches but for now they are finished. Also my camera turned into a potato and I had technical issues with imgur.

The journal is the banner on the crossbowmen, depicting a heart surrounded by flames, a symbol of the God of Light from A Song of Ice and Fire.

Lord Hypnostache
Nov 6, 2009

OATHBREAKER
There's still time to Oath, right?

I, Lord Hypnostache, oath five orcs for the month of March! (28mm GW)

Lord Hypnostache
Nov 6, 2009

OATHBREAKER
I like the inclusion of both technical and thematic journals. In the seasons that I've participated in, the journals where I've done weathering, or NMM have been the most educational, but the most fun I've had has been painting mustaches on tanks.

Some suggestions for the journals, some are way too specific. I'm not too fond of having to paint a specific color, there's a big chance that a specific color is not present in the schemes I've chosen for my armies, so I'd have to get a one-off model which would never see the gaming table and get some new paints. And I don't think I'm the only thread participant who owns a grand total of one shade of yellow paint. Also the school bus is way too specific. Oh, and maybe the TV show theme could just be the break the 4th wall journal? Alternatively, April and April's Fools should be 4th wall (with technical being NMM).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lord Hypnostache
Nov 6, 2009

OATHBREAKER
Oath failed for the third time this season. Truly I have earned my scrunt avatar.

• Locked thread