Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Brock Samsonite
Feb 3, 2010

Reality becomes illusory and observer-oriented when you study general relativity. Or Buddhism. Or get drafted.

I, Brock Samsonite, oath this Zouave from Infinity, by Corvus Belli.

Heeeere we go again.

Slimnoid posted:

I'm wondering the same thing. A lot of my Oaths last year ended up being commission work, and I don't think that's going to change any this time around. Getting them all together would be nigh-on impossible for me.

Word.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Brock Samsonite
Feb 3, 2010

Reality becomes illusory and observer-oriented when you study general relativity. Or Buddhism. Or get drafted.

Welp, left for the weekend to see my bitch Mom for Mother's Day. Dog tried to kill my cat, wrecked my painting table, broke my new airbrush, shattered my 90% painted oath model, can't find his arm now, then succeeded in killing the cat. Sooo... At least I have enough time to order another one to finish the oath this month? How's everyone elses' May treating them?

Brock Samsonite
Feb 3, 2010

Hours of cat poo poo, death, and bleach later: I FOUND THAT loving ARM

edit: also showers and beers

Brock Samsonite
Feb 3, 2010

After much blood, sweat, and tears (all these things literal) I can finally say :siren: OATH COMPLTE :siren:

God it felt like it would never get done...

Claiming
Season 5iver
Journal

Putting the base colors on:

Partial assembly, camo on. Still need to do boots, gun, face:

Final touches to put on, goggles, wood grain, final base work:

Bonus pic because:

Brock Samsonite
Feb 3, 2010

I, Brock Samsonite, swell of mind and body, hereby oath:

4 Loup-Garou and 1 Dozer Campaign Engineer for Infinity by Corvus Belli.

Brock Samsonite
Feb 3, 2010

:pcgaming: ALTERNATE UNIVERSE OATH :pcgaming:

I oath by the end of this season to have a bitchin Campaign: Paridiso table, starting with these 7 markers that will be turned into jungle.

Brock Samsonite
Feb 3, 2010

:catdrugs: OATH COMPLETE :catdrugs:

Dozer

Loup Garou

More Loup Garou

Picture of the bases for the Jurnal. Made them out of random desk poo poo, really happy how they came out.

Brock Samsonite
Feb 3, 2010

lovestick posted:

I am in so much oath trouble right now it's unbelievable. I just poured the mold for the bases I made, let alone cast or painted them. :ohdear:

However, some really cool posts already that have increased my motivation!

You can do it lovestick! As a fellow oath-failer I believe in you! I got right with the Lord and said "Never Again!"

Brock Samsonite
Feb 3, 2010

Indolent Bastard posted:

Those are some of the first Loup Garou I have seen that I like. The poncho and big flat face shield normally put me off but those look good.

But that Dozer totally looks like he's waiting for a bus. (The non-dynamic pose doesn't help dispell this).

Woah thanks! That means a lot to me coming from you, I've always loved seeing your Necrons!

Brock Samsonite
Feb 3, 2010

Indolent Bastard posted:

I don't have any Necrons, but thanks....?

OH GOD, MY BAD. You quoted that in last seasons post. YOU are the one with the AMAZING dice roller! :allears:

Brock Samsonite
Feb 3, 2010

Oh I'd like to make mine themed group too! I forgot. Is it too late?

Brock Samsonite
Feb 3, 2010

I, Brock Samsonite, oath this Corax Spec-ops from Infinity, by Corvus Belli.

Brock Samsonite
Feb 3, 2010

:siren:Oath Complete!:siren:

I'm so loving pissed off at this thing, it took me SO loving long to paint and I took like 100 photographs of it, built a new lighbox, have since smashed it to pieces, and I'm still not happy with how this looks. I took a ton of picures with my camera but they all came out fuzzy so these were done with my tablet. gently caress HOW DO YOU TAKE PICTURES OF THESE THINGS I HATE YOU BOOLEY

Ahem... Anyway.

Best view of lighting effect

Brock Samsonite
Feb 3, 2010

Brock Samsonite here! Oathing this Dwarf Lord fellow from Avatars of War.

Brock Samsonite
Feb 3, 2010

:siren: OATH COMPLETE :siren:

Claiming NMM oath on.. Uhh. Everything on this model.

Brock Samsonite
Feb 3, 2010

Slimnoid posted:

pics and words

Nice Slimnoid! Zombie bowling league!

Brock Samsonite
Feb 3, 2010

Brock Samsonite, Oathing one Shrouded from Corvus Belli's Infinity range.

Primed one next to him is a stock one, I cut/swapped the gun and changed his head out for one from a Malignos.

I also made this for Signal and just haven't wanted to poo poo the thread up with it until.... RIGHT NOW

Brock Samsonite
Feb 3, 2010

:siren: OAF COMPLETE :siren:

I wasn't sure about the color scheme until I finished this one but purple and orange is what's up.

Also having technical difficulties with the tech and posting of it so apologies if it's weird for anyone.

Brock Samsonite
Feb 3, 2010

I, Brock Samsonite, for October Oath a Malighnos, (another) Shrouded, Noctifier, Speculo Killer, and a Q-Drone, all Infinity, all Corvus Belli

Brock Samsonite
Feb 3, 2010

:catdrugs: OATH COMPLETE! :catdrugs:

The gang

The Speculo killer got a tattoo to blend in better with the human society she's infiltrating (For the Jurnal). Also you can see how poorly my airbrush atomizes paint in this shot! I'd really like a better one..

I also am claiming Parts List with this fella:

And Double the Fun since I did them both.

Brock Samsonite
Feb 3, 2010

I Oath a Tarik Mansuri for this month. He's Infinity, from Corvus Belli.

I'm back!

Brock Samsonite
Feb 3, 2010

LaikatheSpaceDog posted:

Ooh! Looks like I'm pulling from Iris's grab bag. I don't have a platinum account, so... I guess I'll post what I want here? I'd like to claim the Bones Cthulhu as the "big" prize, and those Kara Black figures as the "small" prize.

Also: Yes, I did receive my Minitaire starter set! They're very nice.

How shall I get you my shipping address?

Thanks for everything!

I find the Minitaire starter set to be really delightful. I got it about 7 months ago and it's really given me a good reference on the consistency to thin my other paints to to shoot them through my airbrush(es). I really recommend them if you're looking for some starter airbrush paints or just some really nice, thin, glaze colors. Been playing around with their Ghost Tints too after seeing Tom Schadle's results with them, lots of fun even if I can't find a use for all the colors in the range yet.

Fakeedit: posting under the influence of :catdrugs: sorry if I babble

Brock Samsonite
Feb 3, 2010

WhiteOutMouse posted:

...a bunch of poo poo...

Oh stop whinging, your pictures are more than adequate... somehow.

Brock Samsonite
Feb 3, 2010

Signal posted:

Signal's stuff

I'm always amazed by your stuff Signal. How do you attach your infinity models to the acrylic disc bases? I would think CA glue alone would be too brittle or fog it up.

Those planetfall tanks in NC colors look the absolute poo poo. I shudder to think their studio painters did not use that scheme. Really looks made for them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Brock Samsonite
Feb 3, 2010

OATH COMPLETE

Really tried to up my game on this one, any criticism would be appreciated.

Only jurnal..uhh.. 4th wall I guess, for painting him based on a beer bottle label colors and uhh.. weathering for snow? Snow is weather, guys.

edit: basing jurnal too then, thank you

Brock Samsonite fucked around with this message at 04:10 on May 1, 2015

• Locked thread