Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
jodai
Mar 2, 2010

Banging with all due hardness.
I, jodai, hereby Oath 5 Wild West Exodus Outlaws: 2 Raider Close Combat, 2 Bandit Long Range and a Bandit Heavy Weapon, all from Outlaw Miniatures, 30mm.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jodai
Mar 2, 2010

Oath Complete

WIP

Primer+basing

A black wash and white drybrush

Base coats applied

Parts List

Brushes
Citadel standard and starter
Privateer Press base hobby brush
1 round, 0/0 liner synthetics for basing and dry brushing
Daler Rowney 1/8, 0 for metallics

Paints
Citadel
Nuln Oil
Agrax Earthshade
Seraphim Sepia
Teclis Blue
Runefang Steel

Secret Weapon
Heavy Body Black
Flesh Wash

Vallejo
Model Colors Offwhite
MC Leather Brown
MC Beige Brown
MC Neutral Grey
MC German Grey
MC Dark Prusia Blue

Reaper Master Series
Grass Green
Shadowed Steel
Polished Bone
Misty Grey

Formula P3
Ryn Flesh
Jack Bone
Skorne Red
Thamar Black

Folk Art Cinnamon

Apple Barrel Haystack

Rustoleum Auto Primer

Krylon Matte Finish

Base
Woodland Scenics
ballast
Forest Green Accent
Wild Grass
Kitty litter

Claiming Season 5iver, Jurnal, Parts List and Double the Fun. Also, this is a Themed Group.

jodai fucked around with this message at 17:46 on May 18, 2014

jodai
Mar 2, 2010

I'm probably going to do some tokens next month, how would I go about is thing that?

jodai
Mar 2, 2010

Iris of Ether posted:

Unless I'm misunderstanding the questions, I'd say 1) take a standard unpainted Oath photo with them, 2) paint them up, and 3) make sure you claim the 'I rolled a 6' Achievement when you post Oath Complete. They function similar to any other painted Oath beyond that.

Oh, I phrased that poorly. What I meant was I will be making some tokens. They'll be made out of little wooden circles, should I just include the base component in the first oath picture?

jodai
Mar 2, 2010

If the alternate universe thing is what I think it is(paint all the pieces from a single boardgame) then I would be down to oath my Castle Ravenloft stuff. If it's something else... I'm still probably down.

jodai
Mar 2, 2010

I, jodai, oath these models: Megalith, Reeve Unit Leader(Privateer Press, 28 mm), Executioner, Exorcist, 4 Witchling Stalkers (Wyrd Miniatures, 30mm), 8 tokens for WWX(2 lookout, 2 reload, 4 broken)

The tokens are for the I rolled a 6! achievement. They are currently blank pieces of wood but I figured I should mention what they will be. Also, one of the stalkers is already primed and based and the other three are bare plastic.

jodai
Mar 2, 2010

Oath Complete!

Tokens for I rolled a 6!

Jurnal for the Megalith base which consisted of ballast, then tea leaves then basing flower stuff
and then some painted Spanish moss to look like he's got a bramble of new growth coming out from where he's standing

These guys are being entered as a group.

Everything I did for June Shot

Ok, so just to reiterate, I'm claiming Jurnal, I rolled a 6!, and a group entry.

jodai fucked around with this message at 00:50 on Jun 30, 2014

jodai
Mar 2, 2010

I, jodai, do hereby oath these: Dahlia Hallyr and her pet snake Skarath(Privateer Press), A countryside priest, two Avalonian recruits, an Avalonian crossbowman and an Avalonian legate(Kraken editions) all 28mm

jodai
Mar 2, 2010

Oath Complete!
Here are Dahlia and Skarath

Here's my Avalonian Alkemy group

Here's a look at the OSL I attempted. I feel like at one point I had it down but I kept fiddling with it and made it worse than it initially was. Nevertheless, I really enjoyed trying to get it done and I definitely want to try some glowy effects again. I guess that's what this thread is really about, right?

So, that's another group finished and the Jurnal for this month.

jodai
Mar 2, 2010

Thanks for the tips. I was not sure how to paint the staff because it seemed like a lip and that light shouldn't be hitting it. Then I was going to paint on the face but I thought if the light was really soft it wouldn't reach the face. I seriously did and redid it so many times that eventually I just got frustrated and made it look good enough. I'm also a really sloppy painter and I think OSL takes a lot more control. Every time I finish and take my pictures for this thread, I see a billion mistakes. Instead of correcting them, I just try to do better on the next mini.

jodai
Mar 2, 2010

I, jodai, Oath these models: Baldur, woldwarden and woldwyrd(Privateer Press, 28mm), Viktoria of Blood, Viktoria of Ashes, Hans, Bishop and Convict Gunslinger(Wyrd Miniatures, 32mm).

I hope this is okay, I took these pictures on Sunday and thought I posted them but I just realized I hadn't.

jodai
Mar 2, 2010

Oath Complete!

Here are the Privateer Press guys:

And then the Wyrd miniatures guys who count for themed group,

I also did some NMM for the jurnal. Here's a close up of one of the swords:

and the gunslingers guns, which are supposed to look rusty

I really like NMM and I'm probably going to keep doing it on my Malifaux stuff.

jodai
Mar 2, 2010

I, jodai, oath these Privateer Press Miniatures: Kruger the Stormwrath, Gallows Grove, Kaya the Wildborne(and her cape), 3 Shifting stones and 4 Tharn Bloodtrackers.

For the Jurnal, this bloodtracker got an arm donation from an old mage knight skeleton:

and Kaya got chopped up for a different pose:

from this

jodai
Mar 2, 2010

Oath Complete!

Group photo

Kaya, who got cut up and adjusted for the jurnal

Krueger

I tried some designs on his cape, I like the bottom one but the rest are pretty much just squiggly lines

Shifting Stones

Bloodtrackers, with the other cut and swapped arm

Gallows Grove

My lightbox has been neglected, the pictures are rushed and I think I just ran out of steam somewhere in the middle of the month. I pushed through but this is definitely not my best stuff. Still, I like how Krueger's cape came out and I don't think I would have even tried messing around with painting details like that without being inspired by some amazing work in here.

jodai
Mar 2, 2010

I, jodai, do oath these: gun cleric and modern spy(Rebel Minis, 15mm); Jonny Ringo, Jesse James and Jake Williamson(Outlaw Miniatures, 28mm)

jodai
Mar 2, 2010

Oath Complete!
My first 15mm guys. More fun than I thought they'd be.

Jake Williamson

Jonny Ringo

Jesse James

The whole gang

No extra stuff done this month but at least I finished the oath. Without this push, these cowboys would not get painted.

edited to include username!

jodai fucked around with this message at 02:59 on Oct 28, 2014

jodai
Mar 2, 2010

I, jodai, oath these: 3 Outlaw Long Range Raiders, 3 Outlaw Close Combat Raiders(Outlaw Miniatures, 35 mm)

I think I'm I'm going to try to stubble up the couple guys with no bandanas.

jodai
Mar 2, 2010

Oath Complete!
3 Long Range Bandits

3 Close Combat Bandits

Oh neat I won a prize!

jodai
Mar 2, 2010

If we didn't claim a previous journal, can we claim it and the current one or is it only one journal a month?

jodai
Mar 2, 2010

Pash posted:

Hey Krushgroove,

Did you ever get my email about the Dragon Forge Bases prize I got a while back? I never heard back from you and just wanted to confirm that it got submitted. Thanks!

I was going to ask something along these lines. I pm'd Krushgroove and there was no reply but it showed as read so I assumed things had been set in motion. It never hurts to double check though.

jodai
Mar 2, 2010

I, jodai, oath the following models: Fu Ni Hao, two Shadows(28 mm, Kraken Miniatures) and two Winterguard Infantry(Privateer Press, 28 mm)

Just some stuff that's been lying around, could be useful for generic rpgs/wargames.

jodai
Mar 2, 2010

Oath Complete!
Fu Ni Hao and two Shadows

Two Winterguard Infantry

No Jurnal even though the lovely drybrush looks like snowfall on some of these guys.

jodai
Mar 2, 2010

I, jodai, oath these models: Francis Mallory, Quill and two Paragons(Soda Pop Miniatures 32 mm)

jodai
Mar 2, 2010

OATH COMPLETE!
Oh wow. I waited way too long to post my finished oath.

Here's some freehand for the jurnal.

After doing this one lovely design, I can't even wrap my head around how some of you do this poo poo. Ah, well, it's very inspiring work.

jodai
Mar 2, 2010

I, jodai, oath these: Governor's Proxy, a special sewer base, Vanessa, Taelor, 3 Ronin, all from Malifaux(Wyrd Miniatures, 32mm)

The Governor's Proxy, the base and Vanessa haven't been primed and Vanessa has a hand from a different model so that's why she's got some color.

jodai
Mar 2, 2010

Oath Complete!

I'm finally replacing my lightbox this month so my pictures will be better in March. I hoped it would come in time to take these ones but oh well.
Not claiming anything on these guys, just glad I finished my oath!

jodai
Mar 2, 2010

I, jodai, oath for March 1 Guild Guard, 1 Desperate Mercenary and Nino Ortega(Wyrd Miniatures, 32mm) and an old Mage Knight figure that I'm going to practice battle damage/test a paint scheme on.

Hope it's okay, the guard and Nino were primed but then got special bases, the merc is bare plastic and the mage knight robot is primed grey.

jodai
Mar 2, 2010

Zark the Damned posted:

Maybe Journal Categories? e.g. for a theme of 'warmth' you could have a technical journal of OSL and a creative journal of 'use a warm colour scheme'.

Just throwing out ideas, I'm happy with the Journals so far (though tbf it's my first Oathing year).

I like this idea because it would allow newer painters to try their hand at new techniques but it gives an interesting challenge for people who have already got the basics down.

This is my first year of loathing and I have loved it.

jodai
Mar 2, 2010

Oath Complete!

I tried a painting scheme posted by someone in the painting thread and it is pretty great. I wasn't sure it would work out; he's magnetized for Nomad weapons so my robot man doesn't have any hands! Oh well.

jodai
Mar 2, 2010

I, jodai, Oath one Guild Rifleman(32 mm, Wyrd Miniatures)

Hope the pic is alright, I'm going to claim this months jurnal by doing June's "Customize Your Model's Base" and September's "Cut and Swap". So in the pic you can see the rifleman's original head still on the sprue and my new hatless head on the model, as well as his fancy base.

jodai
Mar 2, 2010

Hey, I haven't got the Springer-Pinsel brushes. Also, my address has changed since I contacted krushgroove so I'm actually hoping it hasn't been shipped.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jodai
Mar 2, 2010

Oath Complete!

That jurnal was double up and I did with a cut and swap from September and a fancy base from June.
That's it for me. It's been really fun and I managed to complete 69 miniatures and 8 tokens.

See ya next season!

• Locked thread