Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Kerzoro
Jun 26, 2010

This looks.. .interesting, and I think I will choose some minis to paint once I get home from work

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kerzoro
Jun 26, 2010

It's time to bite the bullet, get off my rear end, and do this thing.

I, Kerzoro, oath to paint 5 Valkyries (32mm, Prodos Games, Mutant Chronicles: Warzone Ressurection) in the month of July.

Kerzoro
Jun 26, 2010

OATH COMPLETE

Been watching way too much sentai lately, and I decided... hey, I have 5 figures, let's try this.

This is as far as my current level of skill takes me, but I wanna do more with these... so I'm gonna ask some friends for tips and tricks for making them better, and going to do THAT at a leisure pace.

Kerzoro
Jun 26, 2010

Iris of Ether posted:

Okay folks, the entries should all be :siren: documented in the Spreadsheet for July! :siren: Check it over and make sure I haven't forgotten you for anything.

One undirected piece of feedback, as I don't recall who posted about it originally: I'm only giving credit for themed groups if all members of the group were painted within the same month. Hopefully that makes more sense!

So I looked at the list and wondered what the Username listing was.

And then I looked it up and realized I missed an easy point.

Dangabbit :argh:

Kerzoro
Jun 26, 2010

I, Kerzoro, Oath to paint for September a modified Warhammer Giant

They normally look like this:

This is a project I started a long time ago, stored away, and found recently. I pretty much wanted to dress him up like a Warcraft giant from Wrath of the Lich King :v:

I didn't SWAP anything out, although its left arm is in a lower position than normal (it, uh, fell off when I covered it up in those fake clothes). And I did add a lot of sword and shield bits as part of its belt and other things.

Kerzoro
Jun 26, 2010

krushgroove posted:

Well the cage thing looks swapped to me, so that counts! Accepted!

Ah, the kit actually comes with several options for arms! I just thought I should point that out.

Kerzoro
Jun 26, 2010

Oath Complete!
Since it's a big figure, I took lots of pictures.

Claiming Journal! Overall, pretty damned happy with it :toot:

Kerzoro
Jun 26, 2010

I, Kerzoro, Oath the following models for March: Retribution of Scyrah Battlegroup, and Lady Aiyana & Master Holt, Mecenarries (28mm, Privateer Press)

Time to get back on painting stuff!

Kerzoro
Jun 26, 2010

Oath Complete!

OK here we go: Front and back of the Retribution of Scyrah battlegroup.

Front and back of Lady Aiyana and Master Holt, Mercenaries:

Along with a link to their page in the Privateer Press store, so I can try and claim Box Art for these two.

No Jurnal, alas.

Kerzoro
Jun 26, 2010

I, Kerzoro, for the month of April 6 Arena Rex miniatures (Aemilia, Lupa, Tiet-Khebi, Frigge, Zahra, Bjarrhvit) 35mm, Red Republic Games

... also, by the end of this month, we can post a picture of everything we did during this year, right?

Edit: 4/4/15: adding 8 resin counters from the same game!

Kerzoro fucked around with this message at 20:17 on Apr 4, 2015

Kerzoro
Jun 26, 2010

.. Huh, I cannot find any info on it... (Maybe I'm not looking hard enough.) What exactly is Alternate Universe?

Kerzoro
Jun 26, 2010

So here's something annoying: Being done with your pledge, thinking you can claim one of the previous Jurnals, and then realizing that NOPE it doesn't actually apply.

Added greenstuff to a model, but it's not hair, like so:

Namely thinking of the one front and two the right: added two strips of cloth to Tiet-Khebi's blades when I realized that the two stupid kopesh refused to stay glued to the hands. Also had to replace the feet of one model (they shattered, front left)) and replace the feather of another (I lost it :v: , right in the middle). Also had to use greenstuff later on to fix another model's hand to it's arm later (back left)

WOULD I be right in guessing that does not, in fact, apply to the "It's time to grow some hair" Jurnal?

I need to see if I can get some free time this weekend to do something else!

Kerzoro
Jun 26, 2010

NTRabbit posted:

There's a couple of easy alternatives - paint some freehand on the middle woman's shield, or do the 3 work in progress photos.

Yeah I'm thinking of the freehand on the shields (need practice anyway), and I have been taking photos for the In Progress Jurnal!

Electric Hobo posted:

Looks like the actual post was accidentally edited out, but didn't September's journal allow for adding things with greenstuff? That would probably work.

That was Cut and Swap, actually, replacing items with others. Didn't really replace anything there.

Kerzoro
Jun 26, 2010

Oath Complete!

Ok, here we go. In the end, I went for 3 Work-In-Progress pictures!, We need a nametag over here!, and, with Krush's blessing, It's time to grow some hair!

Let's start with a full picture and then move on from there:

6 figures, 8 tokens. Now for more pictures!

Tiet-Khebi, front right: Green Stuff to affix swords to hands
Frigge, Middle: replacing lost feather
Bjarhvvit, front left: covered shattered feet. They used to be BARE feet but they kinda broke apart.

more work in progress:

At THIS point I had to affix Zhara's spear arm to her hand using green stuff to make a crude bracelet. Far left

As for the freehand, which came in later:

closeups:

(Pre-freehand, forgot to take a new solo one)

And because it's never too late for getting points: All For One

5 Valkyries - Mutant Chronicles: Warzone Ressurection
1 modified Warhammer Giant
Retribution of Scyrah Battlegroup, and Lady Aiyana & Master Holt, Mecenarries
6 Arena Rex miniatures and 8 resin counters

... current goal is trying to get something every month for next year. We'll se how that goes!

Kerzoro fucked around with this message at 14:05 on Apr 28, 2015

Kerzoro
Jun 26, 2010

Iris of Ether posted:

March Oath Thread, Springer-Pinsel Set 1d35 30 http://orokos.com/roll/281676
March Oath Thread, Troll Trader 1d35 30 http://orokos.com/roll/281680
One of these two goes to Kerzoro!
Contact Krushgroove at krushgroove169@gmail.com with 'oath prize for Troll Trader' or 'oath prize for Spinger-Pinsel' for prize details. Also, please let me know which you pick, as I need to reroll the other one.

Whoa wait I won something? :stare:

I, hmm... I'll go for the Spinger-Pinsel Set!

Thanks!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kerzoro
Jun 26, 2010

krushgroove posted:

O. A. in Florida (by way of another country) (sorry I don't have your username handy!) - Springer-Pinsel brushes

This would be me. I have news of some stuff coming my way, so maybe the brushes will be one of those things!

• Locked thread