Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Rulebook Heavily
Sep 18, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
I, Rulebook Heavily, oath three Basilean Elohi (Mantic, Kings of War) for the month of May 2014.

This is about as fresh as a model gets.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rulebook Heavily
Sep 18, 2010

by FactsAreUseless

Rulebook Heavily posted:

I, Rulebook Heavily, oath three Basilean Elohi (Mantic, Kings of War) for the month of May 2014.

This is about as fresh as a model gets.

I actually got a start on this!

Hey, basecoat counts. I'm not gluing the entire models together because I like to paint with an airbrush and want to do the wings and flaming swords separately, and that also means not doing the arms since they all link together.

I also did other prepwork.

The steel piece there is a movement tray from Shogun Miniatures, specifically fitted for this unit. I magnetized the 40mmx40mm bases using strips of magnetic tape, which make up for lack of magnetic pull in sheer surface area. These things aren't coming off in a hurry.

Wait

Why are there six bases

Oh poo poo there are three more angels!

Additional Oath: Three more Mantic Basilean Elohi

Rulebook Heavily
Sep 18, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
I need to actually take a photo of my additional oath then. And then start painting because my ordered and long awaited airbrush part wasn't right and my original plan is scrapped.

Rulebook Heavily
Sep 18, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
Gonna post my actual :siren:additional oath:siren: of three Mantic Elohi. The other three are to show they're in addition to my original.

I should get started, huh? Especially with fractured legs and not much else to do. :v:

Rulebook Heavily
Sep 18, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
Oath Complete

Six Mantic Elohi in two units of three each for use with Kings of War.

I'll varnish and maybe white-coat airbrush them when I get home from my sudden and somewhat unexpected weekend retreat, but they're complete enough to claim.

Jurnal

I also did some stuff with magnetizing my bases:

Parts List:

(Plus, not pictured, the Tan Flesh and Dark Flesh colors also from Vallejo.)
The sand is Icelandic highland desert sand. (It's not as cool as it sounds.) Inlaid in the belt of each Elohi is additionally one approx. 1.05mm cut Tsavorite gemstone because why the hell not; the only blood on them is the blood of my enemies.

Claiming:
Season 5iver!
Journal (3+ pics)
Parts List
They're full units so Themed Group?

And I think that also gets me Double the Fun.

Rulebook Heavily
Sep 18, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
Late in the month oaths best oaths.

I, Rulebook Heavily, oath these twelve (12) Wood Elf Dryads from Games Workshop.

Rulebook Heavily
Sep 18, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
Oath Complete

12 Games Workshop Wood Elf Dryads incoming:

I am claiming Jurnal for this month, as follows:

The bases have a two-layer covering of sand with Woodlands Scenics Coarse Turf glued on top of that, to give the scenics a more natural feel and to make the base feel more like a thicket. Leftover bits and pieces (dryad branches on left and right, the skull on what is intended to be the unit champion) were used to emphasize the poses/lines of action on the model (the forward movement, emphasizing strikes and leans to the left or right, etc) and because hey, why not. I almost always put skulls on my unit champions, anyway!

I am also claiming an unorthodox Fly Your Flag:

I feel this banner accurately reflects my army's intentions. (And I'll understand if it doesn't pass muster. :v:)

e: Here's a less overexposed shot which more accurately reflects the actual shading on the models (courtesy of Dagon's help):

Rulebook Heavily fucked around with this message at 03:44 on Jul 1, 2014

Rulebook Heavily
Sep 18, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
Too bad I already did my angels with their flaming swords, glowy eyes and fire hair.

Good thing I still have character angels!

Rulebook Heavily
Sep 18, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
I Oath one Branchwraith Drycha (GW, WHFB, 28mm).

Rulebook Heavily
Sep 18, 2010

by FactsAreUseless

Rulebook Heavily posted:

I Oath one Branchwraith Drycha (GW, WHFB, 28mm).

Missed one :v:

Rulebook Heavily
Sep 18, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
Oh what the heck.

Additional oath: Two (2) Hobbit Great Eagles from Games Workshop

Maybe these are a tiny bit past due but I leave that to the judges, I'm not in a hurry.

Rulebook Heavily
Sep 18, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
How many hours do we have to go?

Rulebook Heavily
Sep 18, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
OATH COMPLETE

Inquisitor's Jurnal is the glowing green... orb... spell... thing? That I sculpted onto the Drycha model.

Additional pics just for fun:

And finally, closer-up of the Jurnal.

They're a LITTLE slapdash and the eagle bases aren't finished, but that's the effort I put in when I catch a fever at the end of a month.

Rulebook Heavily
Sep 18, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
August Oath: five (5) Wood Elf Glade Guard Waywatchers, GW 28mm

Yes that is a dude on a tree stump, I can take closeups later.

Rulebook Heavily
Sep 18, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
I'm declaring Oath Failed, some reasons including volcano.

Rulebook Heavily
Sep 18, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
Does magnetizing count in any way? Like, if a model comes with multiple poses or options and so on. Or is it all kitbash?

Rulebook Heavily
Sep 18, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
Never not rulebook heavily. But cool, I'll get my oath up soon then!

Rulebook Heavily
Sep 18, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
I oath a Treeman (white metal) and a Treeman Ancient kit from Games Workshop.

My Jurnal this month is the Treeman Ancient kit being magnetized for all three different options in the box (loincloth, left hand, head).

Ancient

Durthu

Regular

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rulebook Heavily
Sep 18, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
My god these pictures are going to be bad (thanks indoor lighting past midnight), but Oath Complete!

As for my jurnal chop shop, that Treeman Ancient has a secret.

He is actually multiple models! Fiendish!

But what of the old-school treeman, now blighted and lost beneath the shadow of its new and fresh plastic usurper? Well, every tree has its place in the forest, and old Billy, formerly the Unpainted Menace of many a game, has found a new and proper home.

As unit filler for a budding horde of dryads. :unsmith:

I will probably take better pictures as light becomes available.

• Locked thread