Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ledgem
Oct 20, 2010
Oathing: Two gators, a wrastler, Rhoven & honour guard, and a Vassal mechanic all from Privateer Press.

I only noticed afterwards that the dude's flame is covering the number 5 after May. If I need to retake these I will but posting anyway.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ledgem
Oct 20, 2010
Oath retaken!

And yes, honour guard is two dudes.

Now to figure out when Samoa time ends in comparison to eastern time since I have a tendency to post complete on the final day.

Ledgem
Oct 20, 2010
Oath Complete!

Detektuv's Jurnal

Ledgem
Oct 20, 2010
Oathing: Two Reaper Bones models, Privateer Press' Blessing of Vengeance and Monolith Bearer!

Ledgem
Oct 20, 2010
Oath Complete!

Jurnal

All of them except the holy zealot, but specifically the tiny oasis on the robot and the lava around the demoness.

Ledgem
Oct 20, 2010
OATHING: Knight Errant Flagbearer, three daughters of the flame, a converted Vassal of Menoth, The Hierophant, and Feora, Protector of the Flame. All from Privateer Press.

Ledgem
Oct 20, 2010
Oath Complete!

Speedpainting & Jurnal

The fire reflects on the lower part of Feora's body. I'm unsure if I need a second time shot for the model since the current time is well within 24 hours of the first time-shot.

Also, some conversions on the vassal and the three daughters of flame, if conversions matter this season.

Ledgem
Oct 20, 2010
Oathing: 6 Soda Pop Miniatures SDE models (5 heroes and roxor) as well as privateer press' Severius and two daughters of flame

Starting nearly halfway through the month with a ton of models! Playin risky...

Ledgem
Oct 20, 2010
Oath Complete!

Jurnal
None of the Super Dungeon Explore models were painted with metalics, making their gear NMM; the orbs in each staff, the axe, the daggers, and the arrowhead of the ranger's bow, as well as various gems and ornaments among their gear. Roxor's eyes are also emeralds (assuming gems and such count, which I think if chrome does then gems might but the weapons are there to satisfy it if not).

Double the Fun
Roxor is made of fire and stone! The fire's light casts a glow on the rocky surfaces not facing directly away! This month's Jurnal + last months.

Backstory

It was an odd crew of misfits that teamed up to face the terrors of roxor's caverns; I could never forget the sight of 'em. No idea how they didn't drive themselves mad either. There was a sorceress in fancy clothing, always suspicious of everyone outside their party; gave me a look that said she's turn me into a frog if I even dared try to mess with the group. Well, maybe a frog; there certainly were more of them in town when they left... Anyway, she was the the most normal of the bunch! They had a pair of twins among them! Outcasts they say, pushed out of their hometown; and boy could I see why. The one lass she wore barely any clothing and drat near trashed my shop! Every word she spoke was a shout too. But her sister see, she was worse; her eyes would glow red and flames would crackle out of thin air around her. I can only thank the gods my shop didn't burn down before they finished buyin potions. Then there's the other two. Now, it ain't often you find a tiefling and an elf workin together. Heck it ain't often you see an elf hangin around humans either! A tiefling sure, they'd mingle with any race besides elves, and an elf's never be caught dead around any non-elf but royalty! But this elf.. She had no glamour. None whatsoever! Them elves always trick people into seein perfect beings but this elf coulda given me nightmares. Poor thing probably got thrown out of their fancy kingdom and shunned by most other beings. Then again maybe some of that glamour still worked since I felt so sorry for her I gave her a discount. The tiefling though... I hope I never see her again! Caught her tryin to snatch stuff off the shelves left 'n right! Reinforcin' their evil stereotypes that girl.

Anyway, I hear they managed to defeat ol' roxor and have their sights on that spooky manor up north. Which hopefully means they never come back here again!

Ledgem
Oct 20, 2010
Oathing: Anyssa Ryvaal and a Daughter of Flame, both from Privateer Press

Not much this month. Gettin' adjusted to Uni.

Ledgem
Oct 20, 2010
OATH COMPLETE

JURNAL

Annyssa Ryvaal original model:

I think the cut/replace is obvious here.

The daughter of flame also has different arms from the original version but I'm sure Annyssa is sufficient for the jurnal.

Ledgem
Oct 20, 2010
OATHING: Feora, Priestess of the flame! The covenant of Menoth, And one Super Dungeon Explore hero From Privateer Press and Soda Pop Miniatures respectively.

Ledgem
Oct 20, 2010
Oath Complete!

Jurnal
Pink BCA symbol in the Covenant's book.

Ledgem
Oct 20, 2010
Oathing for November; Nephilim Bloodseer from Privateer Press

Gonna try and paint some scaly armpit hair. I had something more elaborate but November is hell month class-wise.

Ledgem fucked around with this message at 14:26 on Nov 17, 2014

Ledgem
Oct 20, 2010
Oath Complete!

Jurnal
I've painted a goatee onto him. He very much enjoys how villainous he looks while casting spells on Everblight's foes.

Ledgem
Oct 20, 2010

Iris of Ether posted:

Hey Krushgroove, do Whales oaths count for fulfilling Achievements? I'm trying to figure out whether I should be giving TWLM a point for 'I rolled a six'.

ALSO!

Thread participants, :siren: please check that I gave you proper credit for November! :siren: I'd like the rolls for November to actually go out relatively soon. The spreadsheet is here:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AhbAQSD-C_25dFcwTGtXeWJpNG9Ob18yclJKYUhQMkE&usp=drive_web&pli=1#gid=1

Thanks!

I noticed I'm missing my speedpaint achievement from Feora, Protector of the Flame way back in July.

Ledgem
Oct 20, 2010
Oathing for december 2014, The Archangel from Privateer Press

AT LONG LAST

Also, as for prizes; I never did receive the grab bag item from the last thread. Or all the bases from dragon forge from the thread before, though I got half of that batch so eh.

Ledgem
Oct 20, 2010
OATH COMPLETE

Jurnal

That archstone that dragon is sitting on has been scorched to oblivion, as have the rocks and skulls that sit by it. The snow around it has even melted! Or maybe that's the dragon's body heat.

Ledgem
Oct 20, 2010
Oathing: Wrong Eye and snapjaw, Epic Absylonia, Gatorman Witchdoctor, and Rask, all from privateer press

Ledgem
Oct 20, 2010
OATH COMPLETE

Jurnal

Label on the bottle; Wrong Eye enjoys his Banana Liqueur.

Ledgem
Oct 20, 2010
OATHING: Jaga-Jaga, The Death Charmer from Privateer Press

Also...

Bachtere posted:

:ducksiren: December judgment! :ducksiren:

[...]

First Place, 3 Points: Ledgem

:stare:

And 2nd from Monoliths too!

Thank You! Wow! That dragon was such a fun project and I love how the melted snow turned out so much. I'm gettin' better with scenic water stuff! The painting itself was a blast too. It means a lot to me though wow! This made my day!

Ledgem
Oct 20, 2010
OATH COMPLETE

Jurnal
The alligator is loosely based on a real alligator's colour scheme but more specifically, two of the snakes featured are Micrurus tener and Liophidium pattoni. The big snake is loosely based on a king cobra as well, but it turned into its own thing.

Parts List

Reaper master series:
  • Rainy grey
  • Fair skin
  • Pure white
  • Sun Yellow
  • nightshade purple
  • clotted red
  • carnage red
  • tarnished brass
  • Jade Green
  • Amethyst purple
  • black paint on primer
Also used; scenics water effects, citadel agrax earthshade wash, and green stuff

Base was made with greenstuff then painted grey and drybrushed white on the outside, inside coated with jade green and carnage red. finally, scenic effects was used with two layers, the second layer mixed with a pink which itself is a blend of Amethyst Purple, Carnage Red, and Pure white.

Feathers were done with amethyst purple and the pink blend then drybrushed with white. A mix of sun yellow, fair skin, and rainy grey was used for the various fleshy bellies of both the snakes and Jaga. Everything else is pretty much colour for colour. Kinda weak this month, but it's been a rough month and I barely even got this done.

Ledgem fucked around with this message at 02:42 on Mar 1, 2015

Ledgem
Oct 20, 2010
Oathing: Two puppet wars models from Wyrd Miniatures, a super dungeon explore hero and three treasure markers from Soda Pop Miniatures

Wanted to make sure, the treasure markers count for the "I rolled a 6!" bonus point?

Ledgem
Oct 20, 2010
Oath Complete!

Jurnal
On the wound in the cowboy puppet; he's bleeding stuffing!

Box Art

I Rolled a Six!
Treasure markers for Super Dungeon Explore

Ledgem
Oct 20, 2010
Oathing: 5 Super Dungeon Explore models from Soda Pop Miniatures

Ledgem
Oct 20, 2010
OATH COMPLETE

Jurnal
June: Customize your model base
August: Non-metalic Metal
January: Freehand
February: Break the fourth wall

June is the dragon's, who's now got a hoard of gold!
August is all of the rubies and sapphires
Janurary just has the crest on link's shield
February follows purple link and our undead pirate, based on purple link and Kaptain K. Rool's colourschemes.

All for one!

Two gators, a Wrastler, Rhoven & honour guard, and a Vassal mechanic!
Blessing of Vengeance, Monolith Bearer, a Sand Worm and a Succubus!
Knight Errant Flagbearer, three daughters of the flame, a converted Vassal of Menoth, The Hierophant, and Feora, Protector of the Flame!
Severius, two daughters of flame, Roxor, a human Pyro Mage, A human barbarian, a glamourless elven ranger, a tiefling rogue, and a human sorceress!
Anyssa Ryvaal and a Daughter of Flame!
Feora, Priestess of the flame! The covenant of Menoth, and a human paladin!
Nephilim Bloodseer
THE ARCHANGEL!
Wrong Eye and snapjaw, Epic Absylonia, Gatorman Witchdoctor, and Rask!
Jaga-Jaga, The Death Charmer!
Three treasure chests, the happiest human? an robotic snake and an popgun puppet gunman!
A Hoarding Dragon, an elven hero, a dark elf assassin, an undead pirate, and kobold wizard!

Unfortunately, THE ARCHANGEL, the sand worm, and the succubus were unable to make it into the group shot as THE ARCHANGEL is on display at my hobby shop and the other two were painted as gifts and are currently with their new owners. Everyone else is well accounted for, however!

And also, Thank you again Batchtere! That got me out of nowhere; I did not expect to get any judgements for her. She was so much fun to paint though, and I'm glad you liked the base! I tried to texture it like shedded snake skin might and I try to find an excuse to use water effects in new and wonderful ways whenever it fits a model and it worked this time!

Ledgem fucked around with this message at 09:16 on Apr 28, 2015

Ledgem
Oct 20, 2010
I made it this year! Hurray!

All the prizes look pretty neat too! As unlikely as it is I still hope that Airbrush makes all the way down to 8th; so curious to learn to use 'em.

Thank you judges, for enjoying my works. Thank you everyone, for painting such great things. Half the fun of this thread is seeing everyone else's stuff. I don't think I'd be able to paint as well as I do without this thread, and I think it shows that I've gotten better over the past few seasons since I started!

And of course thank you Kushgrove for running things! and the other people who run things more in the background.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ledgem
Oct 20, 2010
Aw. So close...

75$ certificate it is then.

Someday I'll have an airbrush! How much are they generally anyway?

• Locked thread