Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Pierzak
Oct 30, 2010
I, Pierzak, oath 2 Ikadron Batroids (28mm, Corvus Belli, Infinity) for May 2014.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pierzak
Oct 30, 2010

Electric Hobo posted:

I guess there's a first time for everything, and I do have a shitload of minis from various boardgames. So;
I, Electric Hobo, oath 6 Rune Golems. From Battlelore 2. Edition by Fantasy Flight Games.
If this is your first time painting FFG minis, remember to degrease them thoroughly.

Pierzak
Oct 30, 2010
Do the Jurnal/other requirements apply to the whole oath? For example, if I paint the two Ikadrons I oathed, making WIP pics for the extra point, and then decide to add 1 random model for the speedpainting achievement, do I have to take WIP photos of the speedpainted model as well?

Also, do unlimited achievements mean I can make WIP photos, include the part/paint list, a pic in battle, and a backstory, and claim points for all those? And what does the Double The Fun and the bonus points refer to? 2+ achievements or achievement+jurnal, something else not yet posted, or remnant wording from last year's thread?

Pierzak
Oct 30, 2010

Indolent Bastard posted:

I swear by all that is holy (and unholy for that matter) I will not miss an oath this year.

I swear this as well. Additionally, I swear that this year I'll finish all my failed models from last year I have yet to paint.
No, I'm not toxxing it, but if I don't make it you're free to come over and slap me with a rotten fish or something.

The list of shame:
  • Sogarat HMG (WIP)
  • Viking warlord
  • 41 plastic vikings
  • GoGo Marlene + camera drone
  • 2 Security REMs (WIP)
  • 2 Slave Drones
  • Kodalien aka Ko Dali CA version
  • Treitak (WIP)
  • Anyat
  • Rasyat spitfire
(there were also some Descent minis, but I've already painted and sold them)

Pierzak fucked around with this message at 21:45 on May 1, 2014

Pierzak
Oct 30, 2010

krushgroove posted:

Nope nope, just one per person. The wiki says that clearly at the top, I've put the same text from the wiki into the OP now.
What I meant is, can I fulfill the conditions for multiple achievements with one model and claim all appropriate achievements? Of course this would mean I couldn't claim them later this year, but hey, what's the difference?

Pierzak
Oct 30, 2010

krushgroove posted:

Yeah you can but then you'll get bored! That's why I said pace yourself :-)
It's the other way around, I'm OK with not having achievements for most of the year but if I don't do them I'll forget :v:
Thanks!

Pierzak
Oct 30, 2010
I, Pierzak, add to my May oath (Original oath post) one Sphinx TAG (Corvus Belli, Infinity, 28mm scale but the mini is something like 55 mm tall; also, if it isn't clear the base is unpainted so there's only one paint there)

(If this gets approved today, I'll attempt to speedpaint it)

Pierzak
Oct 30, 2010
Speedpainting attempt failed because the Sphinx is a horrible model that doesn't want to cooperate with my headache. Still gonna paint it this month.

Pierzak
Oct 30, 2010

muskets posted:

Mine didn't come with Boyz - I think that was 2e. Mine came with snapfit non-beaky marines and extra-fiddly Dark Eldar, who were the new army at the time.
That was 3ed. 2ed was 20 lovely monopose marines, 20 lovely monopose boys and 40 extra lovely monopose gretchins.

Pierzak
Oct 30, 2010

Brock Samsonite posted:

Welp, left for the weekend to see my bitch Mom for Mother's Day. Dog tried to kill my cat, wrecked my painting table, broke my new airbrush, shattered my 90% painted oath model, can't find his arm now, then succeeded in killing the cat. Sooo... At least I have enough time to order another one to finish the oath this month? How's everyone elses' May treating them?
What the gently caress :stare: it's like you used up your karma winning that last month's mini or something.

SRM posted:

There was a set that came out around near the end of 3rd edition with 5 of those monopose Marines (1 had a missile launcher) 8 Genestealers, a starter brush, and a bunch of little pots of paint called Space Marine Assault. I got 4 of them a while ago when someone on eBay was selling them for like $2 each.

That reminds me: have you posted a marine with an "ULTRA" decal on his bolter already?

Pierzak
Oct 30, 2010

SRM posted:

Not yet! I think I'd need to freehand it. Maybe in my next tac squad!
Decal. On an actual 2ed flat-side bolter. :colbert:

Pierzak
Oct 30, 2010

stabbington posted:

Easily the most difficult model I've ever painted. There is a ridiculous amount of tiny detail packed onto her, and trying to measure up to Angel Giraldez's insane studio paintjob is an exercise in futility. On the other hand, I'm pretty happy with the end result, so that's worthwhile.
Daamn the Kodalien looks nice. Now paint a Caskuda :getin:

Pierzak fucked around with this message at 12:10 on May 16, 2014

Pierzak
Oct 30, 2010

bhsman posted:

Just to make sure: the deadline for completing oaths is the 21st, or just to submit them? Thanks in advance! :shobon:
It's for submitting.

BTW, what additional points are tracked every month for normal minis (i.e. not achievements nor judgements)? Do we still get extra points for themed groups?

Pierzak
Oct 30, 2010
Clarification needed on the themed groups: I can do any number of them and it doesn't matter if I do them all in one month, as long as they maintain the minimum size limit and are done within the 3 months? Also, are Infinity Yu Jing remotes (pic #1 pic #2, they're on 40mm bases for size comparison) human size or larger size for themed group purposes? I have to do some this month anyway and I'm wondering if I should oath them as themed.

Pierzak
Oct 30, 2010
Last day and a shitload of work. Welp, time to prime :haw:

Are you still accepting speedpainting declaration photos? :v: (the oath itself was declared earlier)

Pierzak
Oct 30, 2010

Iris of Ether posted:

I don't see why not. :v:
In that case, my "speedpainting starts" photo:

(excuse the lovely quality, I hope you can still see that they are bare metal)

Pierzak
Oct 30, 2010
Oath Failed :eng99: as it is it's either quality or finishing in time, and I'd rather not repaint the models later.

Pierzak
Oct 30, 2010
I, Pierzak, being late with my painting commission and optimistic about my skills, oath the following minis for June:

Armbot Peacemaker (and its Auxbot)
2x Guarda de Assalto (and their two Auxbots)
Dragao TAG
Naga hacker
Mechanist Machinist
one-man death panel Trauma-Doc
Two Palbots
Indigo Spec-Ops

(Everything's 28 mm scale, for Infinity, made by Corvus Belli)

Pierzak
Oct 30, 2010
What about mine? :ohdear:

Pierzak
Oct 30, 2010
How do Alternate Universe oaths work? I can't find the rules in the OP or the wiki. Is it just "oath anything meeting the basic requirements (unpainted, timestamp, etc.) and the oath lasts for the whole season"?

Pierzak
Oct 30, 2010

Phoon posted:

Its exactly that, and there may be a prize draw for all such oaths completed at the end of season.

I'm going to make one later with all my unpainted dwarfs
Thanks. I'll throw all my Infinity Yu Jing then as soon as I have some free time.

Pierzak
Oct 30, 2010
Oath addition! One ninja hacker for Corvus Belli's Infinity (28mm) with a resin scenic base (I think by Micro Art Studio):

Pierzak
Oct 30, 2010

Forums Terrorist posted:

So is anything going to happen w/r/t the forums downtime for this oath month?
Yes, the deadline is now the 28th because we had 3 free forum-less days to paint.

:v:

Pierzak
Oct 30, 2010

Sistergodiva posted:

Sorry if this is a bit off topic, but how do you mount your units like that for spraying?
Drill into the feet and pin them to the cork. Later on you use the same pin to attach the model to the base and clip it from underneath. Personally I consider it too much hassle and prefer to saw the tabs down into natural pins and use little document clips to hold them.

Pierzak
Oct 30, 2010

LaikatheSpaceDog posted:

I, Laika the Space Dog, do hereby oath: A couple lead Grenadier Paranoia bits, a barbecue sauce lid, some Pegasus Hobbies chemical and power plant bits, some plasticard, and a Games Workshop minotaur.

There might be some armature wire and guitar string involved as well.

Trust me. I know what I'm doing.
We expect to see a fully painted and based barbecue sauce lid :colbert:

Pierzak
Oct 30, 2010
I, Pierzak, oath a Brass Arachnid and a Large Steampunk Arachnid (by Wyrd for Malifaux, 28 mm?).

Pierzak
Oct 30, 2010
I, Pierzak, will attempt to speedpaint the (already oathed) Large Steampunk Arachnid. Here's the "before" photo:

(it's 1 color basecoat on the whole model, should be OK? :ohdear:)

Pierzak
Oct 30, 2010
...aaaaand legitimate doublepost because the speedpainting is done!

Pierzak
Oct 30, 2010
:frogsiren: OAth COmplete!

Oath complete pic:

OSL close up pic:

Box Art pic:

Backstory

The little mechanical arachnid was an enigma even to Viktor Ramos, professor of aetheric sciences and sorcery. He didn't know whether it was a result of a possession by a wyrd spirit, or merely a yet-unknown natural law at work. While all other machines needed standard care and regular maintenance, this thing seemed to thrive under conditions that would give any engineer fits. The phenomenon yielded to the scientific method - each cleaning or repair resulted in immediate and measurable loss of efficiency, while neglect, exceeding safety parameters, or even leaving the contraption outside in rain, mud and aetherstorms that wreaked havoc upon any electrical circuitry meant you could expect to see the brass servant in top condition the next morning. A person of lesser mind would've shrugged and said it didn't matter as long as the spider helped him keep the other robots serviced and stoked, but lesser minds were seldom seen on the frontiers of technology. And besides, the resurgence of necromancy in the city meant plenty of opportunities to test the machine's resilience.

Parts list

(Key: VGC = Vallejo Game Color, VAir = Vallejo [Model] Air, VLG = Vallejo Liquid Gold, GW = Games Workshop/Citadel (old line), RMS = Reaper Master Series, GF9 = Gale Force Nine)

Both minis were primed with Vallejo Acrylic-Urethane Airbrush Primer - White, and were (LSPA) or will be varnished first with Vallejo Gloss Varnish, then with a mix of 3 parts Vallejo Matt Varnish to 1 part Vallejo Satin Varnish. Vallejo Glaze Medium was also heavily used during painting.

(Large Steampunk Arachnid):
VAir Steel
VLG Old Gold
AP Strong Tone
AP Gunmetal
GW Badab Black
VGC Earth
GW Dheneb Stone
VGC Bonewhite
VGC Black

(Brass Arachnid)
VLG Old Gold
AP Strong Tone
Vallejo Red Shade (wash)
VAir Steel
AP Gunmetal
RMS True Blue
RMS LED Blue
VGC Dead White
AP Pure Red
GS Golden Yellow

:toot: Achievement Unlocked!
The Inquisitor's Journal - OSL (the OSL is the eye-globe and furnace door on the little spider)
Season 5iver!
Backstory
Parts list
Speed painting! (the large spider, pics are here and [http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3630222&pagenumber=26&perpage=40#post432510882]here[/url])
Box art (the large spider, seen above with the original blister card)
Double the Fun!

Pierzak
Oct 30, 2010
(Sorry for the doublepost, don't want to edit the oath post: add VGC Verdigris Glaze and AP Battlefields - Wilderness Tuft to the Parts List, there is no Gale Force 9, that was a mistake)

Pierzak fucked around with this message at 01:25 on Aug 1, 2014

Pierzak
Oct 30, 2010
I, Pierzak, oath for August:

1 Aquan Battleship
1 Aquan Battlecruiser
8 Battlefield Objective tokens

Everything is by Spartan for Firestorm Armada, scale unknown but I'm assuming inconsistent and gently caress-huge.

Pierzak
Oct 30, 2010
I'll have to declare Oath Failed :(

Pierzak
Oct 30, 2010
I, Pierzak, oath for september this puzzle of HDF/acrylic bits to make 6 consoles and 6 antennas (generic sci-fi, 28mm scale, made by some guys from Łódź :v:)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pierzak
Oct 30, 2010

krushgroove posted:

YES, you can post a conversion you've done already, but you MUST post a link or a photo of the original, unconverted model. A link to the manufacturer's info page or picture of the original model is fine.

So I can attempt a conversion and just not oath it if I gently caress it up? Great!

• Locked thread