Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Raphus C
Feb 17, 2011
I, Raphus C, Oath 5 Shoota Boyz and 3 Ork Warbikers (all GW, 28)

I realised today that I am running out of things to paint. It has taken me 6+ months to paint things without a stick. I should finish up my Orks this year.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Raphus C
Feb 17, 2011

Iris of Ether posted:

Raphus C, thiswayliesmadness: Your pics look fine, but please snap another one in Samoa time. :) It's okay if you've already started painting.

I don't see the point given that 03 May in the UK can be anything other than May in Samoa. It is a stupid loving rule.

moths posted:

You won't be saying that when the blight of daylight savings time rolls around.

The rule is great to simplify deadlines. But it serves no purpose there. The date was fine either in UK or Samoan time as it was taken on the 3rd May. Unless Samoa is 72+ hours behind or about 28 days ahead the photo was taken in May. The exact time it was taken is meaningless.

Stupid loving derail and I will stop whining.

Raphus C fucked around with this message at 17:34 on May 4, 2014

Raphus C
Feb 17, 2011
Raphus C Oath complete:

WIP:

SRM posted:

:pcgaming:OATH COMPLETE!:pcgaming:
Command squad's done!

drat sexy

Raphus C
Feb 17, 2011

muskets posted:

I have five 3e starterbox marines soaking in alcohol as we speak to get the layers of inept teenage paint off them so I can paint them in an appropriately retro style and it is entirely because of SRM.

I have more than a handful of those awful mono-pose Ork plastic Boyz (not the presentable metal Boyz with character). I cannot see me painting them up, but still, part of me lusts after the challenge in knocking them into decent shape.

I don't see too many old school Orks about though. The Boyz were fun even if the vehicles looked like poo poo.

Raphus C
Feb 17, 2011

SRM posted:

There's actually a great guide on painting Orks over at Tale of Painters, and they used one of those awful awesome 2nd ed Boyz to do it:
http://taleofpainters.blogspot.com/2014/05/tutorial-how-to-paint-orks-or-orcs.html

The Boy looks good. I have a compulsion to ensure that each model I have is somewhat converted so I don't have too many repeats. Warbikes and Deffkoptas are giving me headache.

I would need to break out the greenstuff if I was going to work on the 2e Boyz. No matter how good the paint job, 20 identically posed and equipped Boyz looks off to me. Swapping the axe for a blade here and there ain't enough. I may try and do them in an old west theme, I can see them rocking six-shootas.

Raphus C
Feb 17, 2011

The Troll Trader is a good shop; I have got supplies, models and such from them without any hassle.

Wayland used to be my go to place for large orders but I haven't used them in over a year. Didn't have a problem with them either.

Raphus C
Feb 17, 2011
I Raphus C Oath 7 Boyz (GW, 28mm)

Raphus C
Feb 17, 2011
Oath complete:

Detektiv's jurnal:

I am not sure if the fence the slugga is climbing counts so I added some random bits of scrap:

Mmtheblue posted:

Oath Complete!

I love that dog with that helmet, it suits it.

Raphus C fucked around with this message at 21:02 on Jun 30, 2014

Raphus C
Feb 17, 2011
I Raphus C Oath 5 Boyz, 1 Burna and 1 Stormboy, all 28mm GW:

Raphus C
Feb 17, 2011
Oath complete

I think this is a themed group.

Detektiv's Jurnal:

I don't like OSL but I think it looks acceptable.

Parts List

Base:
GW Chaos Black

Base coat:

Vallejo Model Colour Black
Vallejo Game Colour Hexed Lichen
Vallejo Game Colour Charred Brown
Vallejo Model Colour Deep Green mix with Dark Angels Green
GW Mephiston Red
Tin Bitz

Layer:

Vallejo Model Colour Royal Purple mix with Vallejo Game Colour Hexed Lichen
Vallejo Model Colour Deep Green mix with GW Warboss Green
Vallejo Model Colour Black with Vallejo Model Colour Neutral Grey
GW Mephiston Red mix with GW Macharius Solar Orange
GW Nuln Oil Wash
GW Boltgun Metal
GW Ceramite White

Layer 2:

Vallejo Model Colour Royal Purple
GW Warboss Green
Vallejo Model Colour Black with Vallejo Model Colour Neutral Grey
GW Bleached Bone mix with GW Snakebite Leather
Vallejo Game Colour Charred Brown mix with GW Snakebite Leather
GW Blazing Orange
GW Enchanted Blue
GW Yriel Yellow
gw Dwarf Bronze

Highlight:

GW Bleached Bone
Vallejo Model Colour Blue Violet

Base:

GW Skrag Brown
Vallejo Model Colour Desert Yellow

In Battle:

Pics of the Bikes and some of the Shoota Boyz from my May Oath:

Facing off against my friend's unpainted Eldar. I keep trying to get him to join the thread to force him to paint his poo poo. Don't think it will happen.

Dunno if this is Double the fun.

Raphus C fucked around with this message at 23:36 on Jul 31, 2014

Raphus C
Feb 17, 2011
I, Raphus C, oath 1 Painboy, 1 Grot and 2 Boyz, all GW 28mm:

Raphus C
Feb 17, 2011

Iris of Ether posted:

July Oath Thread, Troll Trader 1d59: 22
http://orokos.com/roll/215873
July Oath Thread, Dragon Forge 1d59: 22
http://orokos.com/roll/215875
Well...uh...drat.

The winner here is Raphus C! However, past Oath thread rules have a person only eligible for one monthly prize in a given month, to spread the love out a little bit. So please let me know which of the two of these prizes you'd prefer!

Cool. Could I grab the Troll Trader prize.

If you're UK based I would recommend the Troll Trader. I have bought from the ebay store a number of times and have never had a problem.

Raphus C
Feb 17, 2011
Oath complete:

Detektiv's jurnal:

Speed painting:

Raphus C
Feb 17, 2011
I Raphus C oath 5 Cyborks, all GWish and 28mm:

The Boyz are all cut with Kromlech bits. The Nob is a mix of various parts:

Raphus C
Feb 17, 2011
Oath complete

Detektiv's Jurnal:

This is a themed group. Iron within, Iron withork.

Raphus C fucked around with this message at 21:00 on Sep 30, 2014

Raphus C
Feb 17, 2011

Deanut Pancer posted:

Oath Complete!
One Killa Kan with 4 swappable arms

Purdy. I love Kans so much.

Raphus C
Feb 17, 2011
I Raphus C oath 3 Cyborks, all GWish, 28mm:

First picture was dark. You can see the time or the models, but not both.

Raphus C
Feb 17, 2011
oath complete

Detektiv's Jurnal is the pink shoulder armour.

Raphus C
Feb 17, 2011
I Raphus C oath 1 tankbusta, GW 28mm:

Here is a pic of the sculpted backpack:

Raphus C
Feb 17, 2011
Oath complete:

I think the backpack came out well. I am going to add some to other models.

Jurnal:

I added a Johnny Bravo inspired mohican. Better pics in base coat:

Raphus C
Feb 17, 2011
I Raphus C oath 1 biker, 1 burna boy and 1 cybork, all GW 28mm

Raphus C
Feb 17, 2011
Oath complete

Cybork big-shoota

Burnaboy

Warbiker

Jurnal: There is dirt and chipping paint all over the bike.

Raphus C
Feb 17, 2011
I Raphus C oath 4 Ork bikers, GW 28mm:

Raphus C
Feb 17, 2011
Oath complete:

Jurnal is the hazard stripes and checks:

Raphus C
Feb 17, 2011

Signal posted:

Cool poo poo

I love this thread, the page has some fantastic work. Nice one all of you.

Raphus C
Feb 17, 2011
I Raphus C oath 1 KillaKan and 5 Flashgitz:

I have time off this month, which I should spend studying.

Raphus C
Feb 17, 2011
Oath complete:

Jurnal:

Wizard's hat.

boxart:

Backstory

Hedrisch Von Karlich stared in horror at the approaching tide of vermin filth. He had never drawn such power to cast a spell and he knew it would be his last. His men seemed to gather strength from watching him incant; yet fur or fire they were all dead their fate was death. Sweat poured down his face as he gathered more power. And more. He felt his control slipping as he reached deeper and deeper. With a scream to Ashur he let the power engulf him and the world shook.

Surely blessed, Hedrisch slowly took to his feet. Alive! Before him the ratmen horde had been halted. There was little trace of the closest ranks and those behind were shaken and stumbling. However, all thoughts of blessings soon turned to ash. Where he had stood now towered Ork brutes. Half again tall as he they were the most unusual specimins of greenskins he had seen. Their eyes turned on the vermintide he watched their faces pull taught with excitement.

Uttering a prayer Hedrisch approached the tallest brute. Their presence here had purpose. With the merest sparkof an idea Hedrisch deposited his wizard’s battle hat between him and the greenskins. With their attention seized he puffed out his shoulders and raised his wand incanting. Moments later he threw a weak fireball at the closest batch of ratment, killing one or two. Laughter came from the Orks their chests heaving as they watched the ratmen stumble about aflame.

The closest brute braced himself, pointing the unusual device he carried towards the reformed ratmen ranks. Hedrisch watched as the device began to shake. It drew on no magic that he could feel but he watched the air shimmer with its heat. Quickly he stumbled back, drawing more laughter from the greenskins. With a scream the Ork’s device bucked and Hedrisch watched a large group of ratmen vanish in a ball of flame, globs of fur spitting out across the field of battle. A second ball soon struck and a third. Another Ork stepped forward and soon all of the Orks had joined, turning their strange weapons on the ratmens' ranks. Shots rang out like a cannon blasts and the Ratmen line disintergrated.

Leaving his hat behind him Hedrisch ran.

Raphus C
Feb 17, 2011

Schmetterling posted:

Oath Complete!

Fantastic.

Raphus C
Feb 17, 2011
I Raphus C oath one Killa Kan (GW, 28mm)

Raphus C
Feb 17, 2011
Oath complete:

Jurnal

apart from the scratched paint, two bullet holes in the front of the Killa Kan:

Raphus C
Feb 17, 2011
I Raphus C oath two Killa Kans, GW 28mm:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Raphus C
Feb 17, 2011