Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Asphyxious
Jun 25, 2012

I'm trying to explain that I'm a person who wishes to live a very quiet life.
I, Asphyxious, oath one Tomb Prince from Games Workshop, 28mm

Another Australian, also down for Samoan time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Asphyxious
Jun 25, 2012

krushgroove posted:

OK cool, thanks for confirming Samoa is OK - BUT I'll need to see your Oath Picture with the Samoan timezone! Whatever you've painted already is OK, just need to stick to the rules, especially since the thread is just 2 days old

Whoops, sorry KG, here you go.

Reading is for chumps.

Asphyxious
Jun 25, 2012

OATH COMPLETE

Detektuv's Jurnal

Backstory

quote:

North of Qatar and West of Numas lies the city of Neferhesek, the Jewel in the eye of Djaf, the broad, statue-lined streets of it's temple district becoming the narrow winding alleys of its markets. It is from these dusty spiderlike streets that howls of pain and outrage ring out over the city. Prince Kem-Sedjet is at it again.

His chariot, stained black and studded with fist-sized amethysts hammers down another market lane, scattering the lucky and grinding the less lucky under mighty bronze plated wheels. The Prince cares not. The Prince knows not, for the Prince is currently gazing into the eyes of the courtesan he picked up outside his father's temple. His steely blue eyes lock with hers. You see this poo poo? They say. I'm not even looking where I'm going. That's how little I care. That's how good I am, they imply from their kohl-darkened lids. She stares back at him too, one part admiration, six parts white hot fear. As another slave is crushed beneath their hooves, she wishes that all this was over. Her wish is granted as they round the next corner, the horses turning sharply to avoid an obelisk at the crossroads, dashing the Prince and his captive against it's marble sides like a sack of rotten Pomegranates.

At Kem-Sedjet's funeral procession, fathers and widows hurled soot at his coffin, cursing his name and all that he took from them. Take him, Djaf, lord of the Dead, take him and never, ever give him back. He is yours, they cried. By the time his sarcophagus arrived at the mortuary cult's temple it was stained black as dusk, and the pallbearers all looked a bit sheepishly at the King like,well what did you think would happen and the King could only shake his head. He had always hated his son, but he was still a Prince of the Nehekhara, and would still be granted the same privileges even in death. As the Prince was brought inside to be attended to by the priests of the mortuary cult, the King ordered his guard to have all with soot on their hands to be slain.

With the treachery of Nagash and the transformation of the Nehekhara into the land of the dead, the Liche Priests of Neferhesek were now deciding who of their centuries of rulers should be resurrected. The Hierophant Rekmesnah, blessed of Djaf, Turner of Time, Stealer of Many Breaths, told them he had already decided. When he mentioned his choice the priests howled and chittered and stamped their boney feet. No. You're joking. Worst idea. Come on. But the Hierophant would have none of it. Ours is the city of Djaf, god of the dead, and none were closer to Djaf than he. He was a barbarian within and without the city walls, and would kill for pleasure. Neferhesek is entering a time of war, and we need a war time Priest King. The other priests all kind of gave him this look but he was having none of it. His mind was made up. This was in no way a really obviously stupid idea.

And so began the reign of Prince Kem-Sedjet, Lord of the Blackest Flame, Rising Son of Djaf, He Who Can Frankly Go gently caress Himself. And all of Neferhesek did tremble at his fierce incompetence.

So I think I'm applying for:
- Season 5iver
- Backstory
- Detektuv's Jurnal
- Double the fun

Asphyxious fucked around with this message at 03:22 on May 25, 2014

Asphyxious
Jun 25, 2012

Under 15 posted:

I'll give that three points for this month.

Leperflesh posted:

Goddamn. I'm already a Tomb Kings player, I already love the lore, and that is just brilliant. Prince Kem-Sedjet, may you fight many interesting battles in the years to come.

Also I like the purple. The amethysts on the back of his headdress came out really nice.

Thanks guys. I write stupid backstories for all my armies, looking forward to getting this tomb king army done.

Asphyxious
Jun 25, 2012

Edited my previous post because I forgot about the username thing. Reposting the pictures here too for ease.

Asphyxious
Jun 25, 2012

I, Asphyxious, Oath 1 Tetto'Eko from Games Workshop for the Month of June

Asphyxious
Jun 25, 2012

I don't really see how someone trying to oath zenthal models is any different from someone trying to oath any other model where they've put multiple coats/layers/washes on.

Asphyxious
Jun 25, 2012

Oath Completed

and an extra shot of the base for the jurnal.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Asphyxious
Jun 25, 2012

I, Asphyxious, Oath 10 High Elves Sea Guard (GW, 28mm) and One Chaos Spawn (28mm, GW)

• Locked thread