Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ugleb
Nov 19, 2014

ASK ME ABOUT HOW SCOTLAND'S PROPOSED TRANS LEGISLATION IS DIVISIVE AS HELL BECAUSE IT IS SO SWEEPING THAT IT COULD BE POTENTIALLY ABUSED AT A TIME WHERE THE LACK OF SAFETY FOR WOMEN HAS BEEN SO GLARING

Electric Hobo posted:

Oath complete!

I hate these models and I'm happy I'll never have to paint them again.

One of these guys got a stylish beard for the Journal.

Out of interest, why do you hate yet still paint? Is it an army meta thing?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ugleb
Nov 19, 2014

ASK ME ABOUT HOW SCOTLAND'S PROPOSED TRANS LEGISLATION IS DIVISIVE AS HELL BECAUSE IT IS SO SWEEPING THAT IT COULD BE POTENTIALLY ABUSED AT A TIME WHERE THE LACK OF SAFETY FOR WOMEN HAS BEEN SO GLARING

ForkBanger posted:

:siren:[b]

I'm not happy with the red eyes on Miss Ery, I'll probably repaint them the same green as Teddy's.
Themed group, I guess (Neverborn)?

I agree with my wife, leave Miss Ery alone! Also really like these, what are they?

Ugleb
Nov 19, 2014

I, Ugleb, oath the following for December:

2x PHR Hyperion Heavy Walkers, 2x PHR Odin Heavy Walkers, 2x PHR Athena Air Superiority Fighters (all 10mm Dropzone Commander, by Hawk Wargames).

Models have been sprayed with white Army Painter primer. I'm not sure if I like my attempt at 'dramatically posing' the middle-left walker so may re-set the torso to point a little flatter if that isn't breaking any rules.

This is my first time oathing and will be the first time I've painted a mini in about 14 years. No pressure eh? ;)

Edit - formatting derp!

Ugleb
Nov 19, 2014

:woop: OATH COMPLETE :woop:

As these guys are the first thing I've painted in something like 14 years, I'm fairly happy with how they turned out. I can certainly see things I need to work on and practice at and will probably revisit these later when I can look at them with fresh eyes. I wasn't at all sure where I was going with these when I started and was very much trying to figure things out as I went so hopefully my next units will benefit from the experience!

I'm claiming a couple of achievements for these:

Season 5iver!

Parts list
Base coated with Army Painter Matt White spray.
Metal areas painted with Game Color Tinny Tin then dry brushed with Game Color Bright Bronze.
Grey panels are painted with Game Color Stonewall Grey and highlighted with Army Painter Matt White.
Blue panels are Citadel Shadow Grey highlighted with Game Color Electric Blue.
The lights were all done with Army Painter Greenskin or Pure Red mixed with Matt White.
Finally I gave everything a coat of Vallejo Matt Acrylic Varnish.

Ugleb fucked around with this message at 22:54 on Dec 30, 2014

Ugleb
Nov 19, 2014

Pyrolocutus posted:

Oath complete!

Both my Cygnar army and most of my Malifaux stuff are based in a "city wracked by conflict" theme, so plenty of brick and mud (for which I am claiming Jurnal). Ototo stuns and slows his surrounding opponents with a mighty blow upon the ground that sends bricks flying, while the Thunderhead smashes through a brick wall to get at its enemies.

Out of interest, how did you make the bricks?

Ugleb
Nov 19, 2014

I, Ugleb, oath for the month of January this bunch of things for Dropzone Commander (10mm) by Hawk Wargames:

3x Neptune Dropship
4x Juno IFV with turret options
8x bases of Immortals
2x Zeus Heavy Walkers
2x Enyo Heavy Walkers.

I'm going to a tournament in Febuary, so it's time to crank some stuff out! I had some trouble painting the walkerrs I did last month while fully assembled, so thought I'd try painting the bulk of it before assembling this time. Some stuff there is spray basecoated and you might notice a bit of greenstuff on one of the walker torso's where I had to fix a void in the casting.

Ugleb
Nov 19, 2014

NTRabbit posted:

Ack ack ack! Ack! Ack ack ack ack ack, ack ack. Ack? ACK ACK!

He makes a strong case.

Ugleb
Nov 19, 2014

Galaspar posted:

My Tau aren't complete yet, so this is a WIP pic, but they've already won the painting competition at the local GW!

Of course, this would have been more of an achievement if more than one other person had entered, or if that person had bothered to stick arms on his firewarriors :smith:

Woohoo! Default! The two sweetest words in the english language! ;)

Ugleb
Nov 19, 2014

double post

Ugleb fucked around with this message at 18:51 on Jan 31, 2015

Ugleb
Nov 19, 2014

LaikatheSpaceDog posted:

Thank you so much, y'all! I'm a little overwhelmed!

You're overwhelmed? Our jaws are bruised from hitting our keyboards! :aaaaa:

Schmetterling posted:

It's a little silly, but I made some Vines of the lights in action, with appropriate audio.

https://vine.co/v/OtrUB07mVKY
https://vine.co/v/OtrTJD57alI
https://vine.co/v/OtrIghgra0h

Well played sir, well played!

Ugleb
Nov 19, 2014

OATH COMPLETE!

The full oath, which is actually a small Dropzone Army... Not that it would win a game, but still. I have altered my army colour scheme from last month and picked the cockpits out in silver. I think it works better.

The Command squad of heavy walkers.

I painted one squad with red helmets as I wanted a way to mark out my designated Forward Air Command unit from the rest. I did try giving the base a silver trim but it looked a bit off so I went for picking out helmets instead.

As I oathed turret options, here they be!

I am also claiming themed group which I could claim in several ways I think, I have the infantry with transports and the walkers with dropships, or the whole lot as a field read skirmish force!

Edit - I really need to figure out a better way/place to take my pics, I'm struggling with shadows and brightness. :/

Ugleb
Nov 19, 2014

Just wondering as I don't see it in the rules, but is there a limit on how many Jurnals you can claim for a single oath? For example, if I were to come up with something that had a custom banner, freehand details adorning its body, and moody object source lighting casting dramatic light upon its fourth wall breaking madness, would I be eligible to claim four jurnals at once?

I'm not sure I could manage all that, but if I did.... ;)

Ugleb
Nov 19, 2014

I, Ugleb, oath for the month of Febuaty 2015 2x PHR Helios for Dropzone Commander, 10mm scale, by Hawk Wargames.

As I still have a bunch of stuff I've already started to finish up and Febuary is half done already, I'm keeping the oath small!

Ugleb
Nov 19, 2014

Oath Addition!

As the Helios skimmers are going well, I hereby add to my burdens two PHR Angelos skimmers for Dropzone Commander, 10mm, by Hawk Wargames.

Ugleb fucked around with this message at 23:24 on Feb 18, 2015

Ugleb
Nov 19, 2014

Oath complete!

No extra points here but I have tried my hand at magnetising...

Ugleb
Nov 19, 2014

I Ugleb hereby oath for the month of March something that won't be in the same colour scheme I've been painting non-stop since December! :dance:

I will be painting 'Dark Knight' Scarecrow & four Gargoyles for the Batman Miniatures Game by Knight Models, 35mm scale.

Excuse the dark picture of primed black models. You probably can't see it on this but I did some basic green stuff sculpting on Scarecrow's base for paving stones.

Ugleb
Nov 19, 2014

drat GW/forgeworld make some big stuff these days!

Ugleb
Nov 19, 2014

Oath Addition! I hereby add to my oath Solomon Grundy for the Batman Miniatures Game by Knight Models, 36mm.

I'm both excited and kinda daunted by this, I'm really hoping it turns out well but it is going to be much more of a challenge! :eek:

Ugleb
Nov 19, 2014

I'm still fairly new to the oath thread but here's my two cents or whatever it is in your upstart colonial currency:

* I really like the idea of knowing what the monthly jurnal/challenge thing will be in advance. I only recently started mini painting again and my hobby budget is limited, I don't (yet) have piles of random stuff on hand to cobble it all together on the fly so at least this way I can try to line stuff up and attempt the occasional challenge.

* I'm not sure what the point is of not allowing oaths in the final week of the month and as a participant it seems meh. My best guess is that it was intended to simplify admin and avoid a situation where an oath isn't accepted until the last minute/rejected after someone started painted because the organiser didn't check the thread for a few days. I would like to see it removed but do think first!

* I love this thread. :)

Ugleb
Nov 19, 2014

Giant Ethicist posted:

Oath complete!

lovely lighting and lovely cell phone pic - something for me to work on in future.

This is pretty similar to the colour scheme I almost went with for my PHR! I didn't have the contrast right though and ended up switching colours out and going a different direction. I like how yours turned out. :)

Ugleb
Nov 19, 2014

Oath complete!

Would this count as a themed group being all Gotham-like?

I'm also claiming Box Art for Solomon Grundy & Scarecrow:

If only this month had been the weathering jurnal rather than battle damage! Unless the rips in Grundy's suit count that is. ;)

I'm pretty happy with how this lot have turned out in the end. It has been a long, long time since I painted anything like these and I had to push myself with mixing colours much more rather than just using the paint straight from the bottle. There was a moment where Scarecrow was looking like this:

And Grundy was very close to:

Worked out well in the end though! :D

Ugleb fucked around with this message at 15:21 on Mar 31, 2015

Ugleb
Nov 19, 2014

Just had a look at the points spreadsheet and noticed that I haven't been given my parts list achievement for my December oath but that I have already been awarded box art which I hadn't claimed before.

Also as this is my fourth completed oath I should have claimed Apprentice already.

Ugleb
Nov 19, 2014

I Ugleb, hereby oath for the month of April four PHR Triton A1 Dropships & two PHR Erebos Walkers. All 10mm scale for Dropzone Commander by Hawk Wargames.

Ugleb
Nov 19, 2014

Oath complete!

Now for some achievements! First up, All For One:

December - 2x PHR Hyperion Heavy Walkers, 2x PHR Odin Heavy Walkers, 2x PHR Athena Air Superiority Fighters
January - 3x Neptune Dropship,4x Juno IFV, 8x bases of Immortals, 2x Zeus Heavy Walkers, 2x Enyo Heavy Walkers.
Febuary - 2x PHR Helios, 2x PHR Angelos.
March - 'Dark Knight' Scarecrow, 4x Gargoyles, Solomon Grundy.

Not bad for 5 months I think, particularly as there is more stuff I worked on for a tournament that didn't fit into oaths!

Finally, for In Battle! we have one of Grey Hunter's favourite Dropzone moments (those are his Prowlers all over my Commander's Zeus):

Ugleb
Nov 19, 2014

Lord Thrust posted:

When does the next season start, fellows? Seeing all of your completed collections is inspiring!

Tomorrow! Grab thy brushes for the respite shall be brief!

Ugleb
Nov 19, 2014

YOU ARE ALL WINNERS! Apart from me, I need to improve a lot. ;)

Thanks to all of our organisers, judges, sponsors and anyone not already mentioned. This was my first oath season and I really enjoyed it. :)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ugleb
Nov 19, 2014

Brushes received! It really is a nice set, I now have no excuse for terrible paint jobs other than to blame myself! I just ordered a pot of brush cleaner to try and keep these in good nick.

Also, I didn't realise that the army painter brushes were made by springer. I learned a thing!

• Locked thread