Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
enri
Dec 16, 2003

Hope you're having an amazing day

*puts brush down, puts feet up, sighs* - ah at last.. a chance to rela-oh.. what's this? Another oath thread? :monocle:

..guess I best find something to start painting :)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

enri
Dec 16, 2003

Gareth Gobulcoque posted:

Isn't Samoa the worst place to pick of you want to give everybody until the last possible minute? Aren't they UTC +13/+14 depending on DST. Wouldn't you want UTC -12? Or am I high on allergy meds, which is probable.

Actually this is a good point, or am I high too? Being +13 UTC means people on GMT for example have to be finished by 11am on the last day of the month, rather than midnight as has been the case in the past.

enri
Dec 16, 2003

Grabpot Thundergust posted:

OK, here goes. I haven't painted anything since my son was born last September...

I hear you buddy, that time post-newborn in the house took a hell of a toll on my painting time, I still haven't recovered to pre-child levels (and my eldest is approaching 5 :v:) but it's slowly building back up, you just have to grab an hour here and there.. and congrats on the kid :)

Right, I'm going to go root through my unpainted stuff to see what I can do for the season opener.. might follower Leperflesh's lead and paint up a dreadfleet ship or two, it's something a bit different and whimsical. Off I go!...

enri
Dec 16, 2003

:siren: I enri do hereby oath for the month of May... :siren:

1 x 'Skabrus' (Skaven floating dead fish ship from Dreadfleet), approximately 1/2400 (0.67mm) scale (I'll take Leperflesh's word for it)

enri
Dec 16, 2003

Seconding (thirding or fourthing?) everything said about troll trader, they're good guys. Had trouble with two recent orders turning up and they did everything they could to get it sorted, I'll definitely be using them throughout the year for oath models :)

enri
Dec 16, 2003

:siren: Oath Complete! :siren:

1 x 'Skabrus' (Skaven floating dead fish ship from Dreadfleet)

Journal

Early basecoats:

Gribbly washes:

Finishing up the last few bits and pieces:

So I guess that's this months Journal and also Season 5iver? I'll save some of the achievements for later months... and er... doesn't that mean that everyone who bothers with the journal this month is also eligible for Double the fun? :)

enri
Dec 16, 2003

Leperflesh posted:

I'm delighted to see someone else doing dreadfleet models and this looks really good. I've got a ton of work to do still on the Heldenhammer and I have to do it all tonight, because Saturday I have guests over all day (to play Twilight Imperium) so there won't be time for painting. Are you planning on oathing more Dreadfleet stuff this year? My wife gave me my copy for my birthday like two or three years ago and she's annoyed I've never played it, but I can't assemble most of the ships until I'm ready to paint them. So finally getting around to it is a big priority. My goal is to have it fully painted by the end of this year's oath thread.

Ha, snap.. my wife bought me my copy too, back when it came out and similarly has pointed out that I've never played it. My fall back excuse is "I'm buying games for the kids to play with me when they're older! honest luv" - works a treat.

I'm not sure if I will try to get the lot oathed, in all honesty, I was lacking anything to paint this month and took a cue from you oathing the heldenhammer :) Picked the ship I most liked the look of and figured I'd get in on the dreadfleet fun! Back to my usual Malifaux / Hordes oathing next month I think, I'll see if I can't convince myself to paint up an island or two in the coming months though to keep the ball rolling :)

One day I'll try to get my space hulk minis painted up but that isn't a task taken on lightly :ohdear:

enri
Dec 16, 2003

Iris of Ether posted:

Nah, we ruled earlier in the month that Season 5iver doesn't count towards fulfilling Double the Fun, or absolutely everyone (as opposed to like 75% of you) would get it. :)

Thought that might be the case :D I'll grab it later on in the year, ta :)

enri
Dec 16, 2003

krushgroove posted:

Yes! If you model up the bases, you've made a 'model', which can then be 'painted' as an 'Oath'. Because they'd be judged for this month, I'll have to remind the judges to specifically ignore the bases next month when you mount your flyers on the bases you paint this month. Savvy?

This is handy to know, ta :)

Waiting on a few bits arriving in the post, as per, but also have some historicals I think I'm going to punt along up the painting queue for the sake of the journal.

enri
Dec 16, 2003

moths posted:

You've got more light behind your subject than in front of it. It's more common than you think!

edit: ^^^ :stare:

Always going to be a problem with a huge monitor / tablet / phone screen in the background :v: bane of my oathing existence right there

enri
Dec 16, 2003

Yea I'm just lazy and want to take a quick and dirty photo most of the time :)

enri
Dec 16, 2003

:siren: I, enri, hereby oath the following odds and sods for the month of June :siren:

3 x Metal Gamin for Malifaux, by Wyrd Miniatures, scale is 28mm
4 x stands of snipers, by Dark Realm Miniatures, scale is 6mm

I took the pic of the snipers a few days back, I presume it's ok holding off posting the pic of them given that it's got the timestamp and all that :v:

Additionally, quick query, is the addition to the bases of the sniper guys enough to claim the journal for the month? I used pieces of wood chip rescued from the local kids park (having kids has its benefits :v:) and cut down to size to represent rocky outcrops.

enri
Dec 16, 2003

:siren: Oath Complete! :siren:

Surprised myself tonight by getting these all put away in one evenings worth of painting time.. my wife should go out on hen parties more often :v:

3 x Metal Gamin

4 x Snipers

Jurnal is the rocky outcrops on the bases of the snipers, these are made from woodchip from the local kids park.. those woodchips aren't just useful for breaking your childs fall, I grab a handful whenever I'm over there with the kids.

also, I'd like to claim Parts List.. the little 6mm chaps started something like this..

A heavy drybrush of P3 Battlefield Brown over the base
A lighter drybrush of Citadel Adeptus Battlegrey
A lighter drybrush of Vallejo Game Color Cold Grey
A lighter drybrush of Army Painter Fortress Grey on just the rocky outcrops

Now, onto the little people..

A little dab of Citadel Boltgun Metal on the exposed sections of their rifles
A coat of Citadel's newer range of paints, Waaagh! Flesh on the clothing
A coat of P3 Bastion Grey over their cloaks / robes
and finally, a quick and dirty highlight on the robes using P3 Trollblood Highlight

.......in hindsight, that was painfully simple. I should probably crack on with my plans for a 6mm imperial guard army using proxy minis... but eh. effort.

Oh yea, on that note, I'd like to claim Double the fun too pretty please :v:

enri
Dec 16, 2003

I'd convinced myself the prize draws had taken place already, ha :D

enri
Dec 16, 2003

Germ posted:

Nice. You can totally pull this off. 4 hours for the silicone to set, then pour your first cast. PLENTY of time!

It's time for a... montage *cue motivational music*

enri
Dec 16, 2003

:siren: I enri, do oath the following for the month of July.. :siren:

Final odds and sods from my DZC starter set, I've been putting these guys off for ages.. if I get these done this month then my entire DZC collection to date will have been painting during multiple oathing seasons.

- 3 x Condor Medium Dropship, scale is 10mm and manufacturer is Hawk Wargames
- 3 x Marauder Medium Dropship, scale is 10mm and manufacturer is Hawk Wargames

Colour on the condors is black undercoat, I can get better pics if necessary

enri
Dec 16, 2003

gilljoy posted:

Anyone have any tips for painting when it's really warm and humid? Paint keeps drying on my palette

Paint faster! :argh:

enri
Dec 16, 2003

Ok, about 60% of my oath done.. I've barely touched my paints this month and it was only because of a sick day from work and nothing better to do with my morning that I've actually gotten anything done at all. It's either tonight or nothing :ohdear:

...wife is out with work friends tonight and I was planning on having an xbox binge :(

enri
Dec 16, 2003

:siren: oath complete! :siren:

Journal entry is the glow on the scourge dropships:

no bonus points this month

ninja edit: I've cleared my DZC backlog, yay :D now time to go order more DZC stuff..

enri
Dec 16, 2003

When's the cut off? Midnight Sunday in weird pacific island time?

enri
Dec 16, 2003

Raphus C posted:

If you're UK based I would recommend the Troll Trader. I have bought from the ebay store a number of times and have never had a problem.

Seconding this, never had anything but positive experiences with them

enri
Dec 16, 2003

Bit of a mad month, between half marathon training and buying a new house.. so this is a last minute 'oh shi' oath, hopefully I can pull off some NMM with this little chap. Literally picked him out of my forgotten projects/bits box pile, he's about the only thing I have knocking around that doesn't need stripping and sorting out and that I fancy actually painting. So a minimal effort month :(

I enri, do hereby oath..

1 x Dwarf Longbeard, scale is 28mm and manufacturer is, strictly speaking, Marauder Miniatures (but sold as citadel)

enri
Dec 16, 2003

Oath... failed! :saddowns:

Simply been too busy this month and I've had a complete lack of motivation to keep going at the moment, need a breather

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

enri
Dec 16, 2003

krushgroove posted:

Also, KR Multicase Grand Prize Winners from Oath Thread Season 4: YOUR GRAND PRIZES ARE ON THE WAY!! Please let us/me know when you get them :)

Received today! :D Good timing, it's my birthday so it was an extra nice surprise :dance:

• Locked thread