Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Pyrolocutus
Feb 5, 2005
Shape of Flame

Hope this qualifies since this is my first oath evah.

I, Pyrolocutus, oath one Cygnar Charger warjack from Privateer Press.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pyrolocutus
Feb 5, 2005
Shape of Flame

Pyrolocutus posted:

Hope this qualifies since this is my first oath evah.

I, Pyrolocutus, oath one Cygnar Charger warjack from Privateer Press.

Er, not sure if the date is readable so here's a link to a bigger image.

http://imgur.com/WMOsUB6

Pyrolocutus
Feb 5, 2005
Shape of Flame

Oath complete

Jurnal - May (3+ pictures of process)

Starting off with the initial layers, putting down some P3 Morrow White, P3 Bastion Grey, and P3 Quicksilver.

Adding some GW Drakenhof Nightshade to coat the Morrow White and using some P3 Armor Wash on the grey and silver.

Let's add something that pops! P3 Arcane Blue in the hammer's notches, as well as the eyes and grill (as well as two power conduits in the back).

A Charger boldly squares off against a Ravagore on a rocky outcropping in the woods for In Battle!

Parts List
Krylon White Primer
P3 Morrow White
P3 Bastion Grey
P3 Quick Silver
P3 Arcane Blue
P3 Armor Wash
GW Drakenhof Nightshade

Claiming in total, assuming I did everything to satisfaction:
Oath complete
May Jurnal
In Battle!
Parts List
Double The Fun
Season 5iver

Pyrolocutus
Feb 5, 2005
Shape of Flame

I, Pyrolocutus, oath two Cygnar Grenadier light warjacks from Privateer Press.

Pyrolocutus
Feb 5, 2005
Shape of Flame

One (1) Completed Oath

I am claiming this month's Jurnal as I have added a bit to my bases. I'm going for a "city destroyed by fighting look" for my Cygnar bases, so it's mud with various items strewn around. My Grenadiers have a bit of stone and metal framework from destroyed buildings (read: pebbles I found outside and painted sprue) on the bases, with Stirland Mud covering the base and the items. I hope to add stuff like brick and wood to future bases, and maybe bigger stuff to larger bases.

Pyrolocutus
Feb 5, 2005
Shape of Flame

To clarify, does this include OSL?

Pyrolocutus
Feb 5, 2005
Shape of Flame

I, Pyrolocutus, oath one unit of Cygnar Silverline Stormguard (10 models, on left) and one Stormblade Captain solo (on right), both from Privateer Press

Pyrolocutus
Feb 5, 2005
Shape of Flame

Pyrolocutus posted:

I, Pyrolocutus, oath one unit of Cygnar Silverline Stormguard (10 models, on left) and one Stormblade Captain solo (on right), both from Privateer Press

Did I format my oath wrong?

Pyrolocutus
Feb 5, 2005
Shape of Flame

Oath complete!

Shot of Stormguard:

Shot of Stormblade Captain:

OSL on Stormguard officer. Since he has a large electro-coil :heysexy:, I did some lighting (or tried) on his shoulder and the handle/head near the coil:

OSL on Stormblade Captain. Again, glow from sword illuminating shoulder and hand:

Claiming Jurnal for OSL on Stormguard officer and Stormblade Captain, and Themed Group for Stormguard.

Pyrolocutus
Feb 5, 2005
Shape of Flame

I, Pyrolocutus, oath an Arcane Tempest Gun Mage Pistoleer unit attachment. This is a Cygnar model from Privateer Press's Warmachine line.

Pyrolocutus
Feb 5, 2005
Shape of Flame

Remind me, is Alternate Universe still a thing? I'm going to be starting a Stormwall sometime this month and it's likely going to be a multi-month project in between everything else happening, so if AU is a thing I'll post it, otherwise I'll just work on it at my own pace.

Pyrolocutus
Feb 5, 2005
Shape of Flame

Oath completed

For my oath, I opted to try the jurnal for this month. I wasn't...really...sure of my ability to do it, so I decided to take a couple pictures along the way for the thread overseers to decide. For reference, I am following this tutorial which I found via Google: http://warhammer-empire.com/theforum/?topic=10116.0

Starting off, I'm doing it small, so the NMM is just on the Gun Mage UA's sword blade, which in this picture is bare except for primer.

Moving on, I put P3 Bastion Grey as my base on the sword blade.

I mix a bit of P3 Morrow White in with a smear of Bastion Grey to get a lighter grey and lighten up the side of the blade closer to the UA.

Mix up some grey with Thamar Black and use that to darken the farther side.

Add a bit more Morrow White to my grey smear and lighten near the tip of the sword.

Back closeup.

Overall, I think I got something of a NMM effect near the tip and in the lighter regions, but the darker regions need to be better defined? Might help if I had a darker grey on hand rather than trying to mix in black. Claiming jurnal if okay.

Outside front picture along with a Squire and Journeyman Warcaster I finished recently (didn't oath them because they were already partially painted)

Outside closeup of UA.

Photo from the back, mostly to show off the little brick wall I built for my Journeyman Warcaster.

Date and time photo...for kicks.

Pyrolocutus
Feb 5, 2005
Shape of Flame

I, Pyrolocutus, oath one Legion of Everblight Strider Deathstalker solo from from the Privateer Press Hordes line for the month of September.

I plan to fulfill the jurnal by cutting the Deathstalker's sword arm off at the elbow and reattaching it such that the Deathstalker is holding it sideways (normally the sword arm is part of the body piece, see http://store.privateerpress.com/striderdeathstalkerbody.aspx ).

Pyrolocutus
Feb 5, 2005
Shape of Flame

Oath complete

Claiming jurnal for the arm repositioning as detailed in my original oath post.

Pyrolocutus posted:

I, Pyrolocutus, oath one Legion of Everblight Strider Deathstalker solo from from the Privateer Press Hordes line for the month of September.

I plan to fulfill the jurnal by cutting the Deathstalker's sword arm off at the elbow and reattaching it such that the Deathstalker is holding it sideways (normally the sword arm is part of the body piece, see http://store.privateerpress.com/striderdeathstalkerbody.aspx ).

Pyrolocutus
Feb 5, 2005
Shape of Flame

I, Pyrolocutus, oath one Alexia, Mistress of the Witchfire. This is a Warmachine Mercenary character solo from Privateer Press.

Current plan is to do the cloaks in pink.

Pyrolocutus
Feb 5, 2005
Shape of Flame

Oath complete

Claiming jurnal for the pink glow of the horse's eye as well as the runes on the sword.

Pyrolocutus
Feb 5, 2005
Shape of Flame

I, Pyrolocutus oath one Devil Dog grunt, a model from Privateer Press's Warmachine Mercenaries line, and one Nephilim Bloodseer, from Privateer Press's Hordes Legion of Everblight line.

The Devil Dog is the same fellow with an axe shown in the below picture, and is normally bald, but for the upcoming jurnal I plan to give him some stubble on that chrome dome of his.

Pyrolocutus
Feb 5, 2005
Shape of Flame

Pyrolocutus posted:

I, Pyrolocutus oath one Devil Dog grunt, a model from Privateer Press's Warmachine Mercenaries line, and one Nephilim Bloodseer, from Privateer Press's Hordes Legion of Everblight line.

The Devil Dog is the same fellow with an axe shown in the below picture, and is normally bald, but for the upcoming jurnal I plan to give him some stubble on that chrome dome of his.

Is my oath ok?

Pyrolocutus
Feb 5, 2005
Shape of Flame

Oath complete!

Down to the wire. Claiming jurnal for the black hair on the normally-chrome-domed warrior.

Pyrolocutus
Feb 5, 2005
Shape of Flame

I, Pyrolocutus, oath one Ototo (left, primed black) of the Ten Thunders faction from Malifaux, by Wyrd Games, as well as the Thunderhead (right, primed white), of the Cygnar faction from Warmachine, by Privateer Press.

Pyrolocutus
Feb 5, 2005
Shape of Flame

Iris of Ether posted:

:siren: :siren: Prize Sign! We've got Prize Sign! :siren: :siren:

And our lucky November Monthly Prize winners are...

November Oath Thread, Springer-Pinsel Set 1d38 33 http://orokos.com/roll/237032
This goes to Pyrolocutus!

Congrats to all winners!

Wowza! New brushes! Thanks Oath thread :3:

I will email krushgroove sometime later today about the address.

Pyrolocutus
Feb 5, 2005
Shape of Flame

krushgroove posted:

Great stuff! I forgot to mention on Christmas Day that you goons have until New Year's Day to finish your Oaths, so get crackin' on if you haven't already!

So until midnight 1/1/15?

Pyrolocutus
Feb 5, 2005
Shape of Flame

Oath complete!

Both my Cygnar army and most of my Malifaux stuff are based in a "city wracked by conflict" theme, so plenty of brick and mud (for which I am claiming Jurnal). Ototo stuns and slows his surrounding opponents with a mighty blow upon the ground that sends bricks flying, while the Thunderhead smashes through a brick wall to get at its enemies.

Pyrolocutus
Feb 5, 2005
Shape of Flame

Ugleb posted:

Out of interest, how did you make the bricks?

They're actually a commercial product, Red Bricks (small) from Pegasus Hobbies: http://pegasushobbies.net/catalog/p112/%235199-Red-Bricks-%28Small%29/product_info.html

You get a ton for 8 bucks and they've served me well.

Pyrolocutus
Feb 5, 2005
Shape of Flame

I, Pyrolocutus, oath the following:

1) On the left, bare grey, a Tactical Space Marine with plasma cannon, from Games Workshop
2) In the middle, primered white, a Warmachine Cygnar model, Captain Arlan Strangewayes, from Privateer Press
3) On the right, primered white, a Warmachine Mercenaries model, Rhupert Carvolo, from Privateer Press

Rhupert has his base arc marked out for a tournament I played him in, but is otherwise unpainted.

Sorry for the flash, it's the only way I can get a decent picture of both the screen and the models :smith:

Pyrolocutus
Feb 5, 2005
Shape of Flame

Question, I have a molded base for my Space Marine that I forgot to include in the initial oath. Do I need to snap a picture to make sure everything is ok?

E: Just gonna add in the base picture here, hope that's all kosher.

Pyrolocutus fucked around with this message at 02:01 on Jan 24, 2015

Pyrolocutus
Feb 5, 2005
Shape of Flame

Oath complete!

I am claiming Jurnal on the Chapter symbol I traced on my Space Marine's shoulderpad. It's supposed to be two golden hands cupping a drop of blood, but I wasn't very good at the hands thing, and at the most charitable they could be said to resemble wings. I think if I keep on with it for my other dudes I'm going to look into how to do custom transfers :saddowns:

I'm also going to claim Backstory with some bad Warhammer 40k fic about my marine and what he's up to.

quote:

Brother-Initiate Turon stood in the dim corridor, a pervasive glow filling the space. Moisture dripped from the ceiling and fleshy tendrils slowly flexed around his feet. The remaining members of his squad had taken positions behind projecting bulkheads further back down the corridor, remaining partially in cover as they leveled their bolters down the corridor.

You must be the bulwark, Captain Lanziel had said to him, his Cataphractii armor growling and hissing, the remaining members of Alpha Squad shifting behind him. Alpha Squad was further into the bowels of the space hulk, searching out the transmission that had called them there.

They had come across a Tyranid nest and purged it in bolter shell, plasma, and flame, but the death shrieks of the xenos had been answered in kind from elsewhere in the hulk, and they could hear the sounds of pursuit. They had chosen this corridor to serve as the killing ground for the pursuers, to give Alpha Squad time to do their duty and extract. The techmarine accompanying them had informed them in his crackling voice that this corridor was formerly part of a Necron craft, and while it may have been colonized by the spreading flesh-matrix that characterized Tyranid infestations, it would have been inimical to them and they would have abstained from burrowing through the superstructure. There was one path the Tyranids could take, and that was into the line of sight of their guns.

Turon had already issued the instructions. One plasma cannon blast to vaporize the crest of the wave. Bolter fire to suppress while the plasma cannon cooled. Another plasma shot. On and on until the Tyranids were dying at his very feet, and then it would become a bloody melee.

The screeching and scrabbling grew closer. Turon opened the vox to his squad.

"Sanguinius stood before the Eternity Gate."
"He did not fall," the squad replied as one.
"The enemy is before us."
"We shall not falter."

Brother-Initiate Turon lifted his plasma cannon.

Pyrolocutus fucked around with this message at 08:05 on Feb 1, 2015

Pyrolocutus
Feb 5, 2005
Shape of Flame

Magres posted:

I'm so sorry Pyrolocutus, but I definitely see Goatse on that guy's shoulder

:suicide:

Pyrolocutus
Feb 5, 2005
Shape of Flame

I, Pyrolocutus, oath Commander Adept Nemo, from Privateer Press's Warmachine Cygnar line, and Sidir Archibal from Wyrd Game's Malifaux Guild/Ten Thunders line.

Will be making an oath addition later for the jurnal.

Pyrolocutus
Feb 5, 2005
Shape of Flame

Adding this Privateer Press mercenary heavy warjack head to my oath - I'll be using it for the jurnal this month on one of the other items I oathed earlier.

Pyrolocutus
Feb 5, 2005
Shape of Flame

Oath complete!

Claiming jurnal on this Warmachine warjack head found in a barrel on this Malifaux figure's base. Are there other portals to the world of Malifaux besides those connecting to Earth? Is Hoffman, or Ramos, hiding some secret? :tinfoil:

Pyrolocutus
Feb 5, 2005
Shape of Flame

Hey Krush, I won a set of brushes a few months back (think it was November), but haven't seen anything about that. Did the company ever send them out?

Also anxiously waiting for the jurnal!

Pyrolocutus
Feb 5, 2005
Shape of Flame

I, Pyrolocutus, oath one Tactical Arcanist Squad and one Madelyn Corbeau, Ordic Courtesan, both of Privateer Press's Warmachine Mercenaries line.

Pyrolocutus
Feb 5, 2005
Shape of Flame

Oath addition! Raek from Privateer Press, Hordes line, Legion of Everblight (top left). Also materials for building a "rock" wall template for Warmachine/hordes!

Karnegal posted:

Oh man, I can't wait to see what you do with this!

Seconded. I always love seeing Red Shoe's work on WMH models :allears:

Pyrolocutus
Feb 5, 2005
Shape of Flame

One of the better posts in this oath thread, if I may say so myself.

Pyrolocutus
Feb 5, 2005
Shape of Flame

Oath Complete!

Claiming the following:

jurnal - wound on my Raek's rear leg.
I rolled a 6! - wall which serves as a Rock Wall template for Warmachine/Hordes

Pyrolocutus
Feb 5, 2005
Shape of Flame

I, Pyrolocutus, oath one Luna and three Wastrels. These are from the Guild/Ten Thunders Relic Hunters crew box, Malifaux.

Pyrolocutus
Feb 5, 2005
Shape of Flame

Oath complete!

For my jurnals (applying to the overall jurnal, I chose to do customization of my bases - brick roadwork for all my models, appropos for the Malifaux streets, as well as pink on the gentleman with chains' shirt as well as the top hat of one of the other gentlemen. I was going to do the three progress pictures jurnal, but I only took two :saddowns:

And here's a shot with the whole crew box, including Sidir (who I oathed earlier) and both versions of McCabe.

Pyrolocutus
Feb 5, 2005
Shape of Flame

I already submitted my completed Oath for this month, so this is going to be my All-In-One post!

May: One Cygnar Charger warjack!
June: Two Cygnar Grenadier warjacks!
July: One unit of Cygnar Silverline Stormguard, and one Cygnar Stormblade Captain!
August: One Arcane Tempest Gunmage Pistoleer unit attachment!
September: One Legion of Everblight Strider Deathstalker!
October: One Mercenaries Alexia, Mistress of the Witchfire!
November: One Mercenaries Devil Dog, and one Legion of Everblight Nephilim Bloodseer!
December: One Ten Thunders Ototo, and one Cygnar Thunderhead!
January: One Cygnar Captain Arlan Strangewayes, one Mercenaries Rhupert Carvolo, and one Warhammer 40k Tactical Marine wielding a plasma cannon (with bad 40k fanfic!)
February: One Cygnar Commander Adept Nemo, and one Ten Thunders/Guild Sidir Archibal!
March: One Mercenaries Tactical Arcanist Corps, one Mercenaries Madelyn Corbeau, one Legion of Everblight Raek, and one rock wall template!
April: Three Ten Thunders/Guild Wastrels, and one Ten Thunders/Guild Luna!

Over the course of the year, I painted 36 models for the Oath thread, and a bunch outside of my Oaths! Thanks to our Oath thread runners for a great year in which I participated in my first Oath thread, and thanks to JerryLee for encouraging me to start!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pyrolocutus
Feb 5, 2005
Shape of Flame

I forgot to mention...but if I haven't been marked down for the 3/6/9/12 Oath achievements, I'd like to get that too.

Also krushgroove, I'll be sending an email about those brushes I won back on November as a reminder.

• Locked thread