Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
lovestick
Feb 11, 2006

~30303030303~

I, lovestick, do oath 18 Goblin Town Goblins from Games Workshop in 28mm scale for the month of May 2014.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

lovestick
Feb 11, 2006

~30303030303~

Hey krushgroove, will there be an alternate universe option this time around? I have a big project I would like to oath to keep me motivated but it might take more than a month :ohdear:

lovestick
Feb 11, 2006

~30303030303~

lovestick posted:

I, lovestick, do oath 18 Goblin Town Goblins from Games Workshop in 28mm scale for the month of May 2014.

18 goblins simply isn't enough for one month so I am going to have to up my game andadd on to my oath for the month of May.

I promise to oath another 18 goblins, 6 wargs, 2 giant spiders, the Goblin King, and the Goblin Town terrain set in addition to my original oath of 18 goblins.

All models are made by Games Workshop and are 28mm in scale.

Please let me know if I can provide anything to help with adding to my oath. The scenery was primed brown with an airbrush using only one color, if it's a problem let me know.

lovestick
Feb 11, 2006

~30303030303~

Yeah, I clicked the link in the OP for the clock. I must have cut off the top that says Samoa, but it does say +1300 utc!

lovestick
Feb 11, 2006

~30303030303~

krushgroove posted:

Can you please re-take the picture with 'Samoa' visible on the screen? :) Whatever you've got painted so far is fine, I just don't want to let anything 'just slide' at this point...

No problem! Click for big, pardon the poor lighting in my office.

lovestick
Feb 11, 2006

~30303030303~

Oath complete!

Below are the pictures of my 36 goblins, goblin town terrain, goblin king, 2 spiders, and 6 dire wolves.

That should include Detektuv Jornal, Parts List, Double the Fun, and Themed Group!

lovestick
Feb 11, 2006

~30303030303~

Sure!

lovestick
Feb 11, 2006

~30303030303~

I, lovestick do oath the following for the month of June 2014.

1. 12 Man O' War ships (Citadel, 1:1200 scale)
2. 2 Sabertusks (GW, 28mm)
3. Ironblaster (GW, 28mm)
4. Bruiser BSB (GW, 28mm)
5. Slaughtermaster (GW, 28mm)
6. Firebelly (GW, 28mm)
7. 6 Ironguts (GW, 28mm)
8. 4 Mournfang Calvary (GW, 28mm)
9. 1 Gnoblar (GW, 28mm)
10. 5 Ironguts (on sprue, GW, 28mm)

Click here for big

lovestick
Feb 11, 2006

~30303030303~

Challenge accepted! I thought I would give the base part a go last week and then and not get to oath them.

Oath Addition

I swear to oath in addition to my original oath one GW Ogre standard bearer and 4 25mm converted bases.

lovestick
Feb 11, 2006

~30303030303~

I am in so much oath trouble right now it's unbelievable. I just poured the mold for the bases I made, let alone cast or painted them. :ohdear:

However, some really cool posts already that have increased my motivation!

lovestick
Feb 11, 2006

~30303030303~

enri posted:

It's time for a... montage *cue motivational music*

Just over 6 hours to go (I hope!) and time to finish these models off.

PAINT! FIGHT! WIN!

https://soundcloud.com/maddecent/blood-bros-first-blood

Amazing stuff so far, if you're not done don't give up.

lovestick
Feb 11, 2006

~30303030303~

Oath complete! I'll take some nicer photos with natural light tomorrow.

lovestick
Feb 11, 2006

~30303030303~

I, lovestick oath the following models for July 2014. They are all Games Workshop and 28mm. Note that these have been primed with Army Painter silver primer.

1 Ghost Ark (the big pile of pieces + stubby bit behind it)
2 Annihilation Barges
2 Spyders
1 Monolith
5 Wraiths (3 new, 2 old)
1 Destroyer Lord
1 Illuminator Szeras
1 Trazyn the Infinite
1 Anrakyr the Traveller
1 Necron Lord
5 Warriors
11 Immortals

Unfortunately my camera has bit the dust and it's a crappy cellphone picture, let me know if you'd like additional photos!

Quick edit: I painted up a gnoblar last month to use for my Mighty Empires league at my local shop. Can I claim "Rolled a 6!" for this fella?

lovestick fucked around with this message at 06:30 on Jul 8, 2014

lovestick
Feb 11, 2006

~30303030303~

Oath Complete!

A big huge pile of necrons. Finally finished an army I started 12 years ago :woop:

My attempt at OSL on the resurrection orb. I'm looking forward to giving it a try again this year.

krushgroove posted:

lovestick - you've gotten your Grab Bag prize now, yes?

Whoops! I forgot all about that. I'll keep my eyes open for when the US Grab bag is up and send an email in about it.

lovestick fucked around with this message at 06:26 on Jul 31, 2014

lovestick
Feb 11, 2006

~30303030303~

I, lovestick, do oath the following for August 2014:

21 British Paratroopers by Warlord Games in 28mm.

lovestick
Feb 11, 2006

~30303030303~

A few hours before the oath thread deadline and yet again I've got the hair dryer out trying to make paint dry. :negative:

lovestick
Feb 11, 2006

~30303030303~

:frogsiren:Oath Complete!:frogsiren:

I'll have to take some less washed out photos when I play Bolt Action next week. These were really fun to paint! I did NMM on the weapons and it looks pretty good on the table considering they are historicals.

lovestick
Feb 11, 2006

~30303030303~

I, lovestick, do oath for this month 30 Space Marines in 28mm scale by Games Workshop.

These mandollies have been cut up and converted using bits from Games Workshop,Forge World,Anvil Industries,Puppetswar, Back2Base ix, and Maxmini. Their original kit can be seen here but 20 of them were ebay rescues and leftovers from my 3rd edition boxed set.

lovestick
Feb 11, 2006

~30303030303~

Oath Addition!

I Oath 1 Genestealer and 20 door frames from Space Hulk by Games Workshop.

Hopefully I'll get around to the rest of em' next month

lovestick
Feb 11, 2006

~30303030303~

Oath Complete!

Here are the 30 marines that I painted.

These models were a hodgepodge of leftover, orphan, horrible ebay surprises, and 3rd party bitz. I stripped and converted a bunch of marines when I was a dumb kid, and even managed to pull enough paint off some marines that were slathered in housepaint and some that came with Melty Marine

My oath addition can be seen here:

Genestealer:

Doorframes:

I would like to claim a Speed Paint and Box Art for thy tyranid.

Box art HERE.

Bonus picture of me painting some marines in 1998, which have now been cut up and repainted as Iron hands!

lovestick
Feb 11, 2006

~30303030303~

I, lovestick, do oath for the month of October 7 Space Hulk genestealers by Citadel and ONE 4x6 gaming table!

The genestealers:

The table, split in 2x4 sections:

Let me know if you want more pictures of the table, I plan on adding texture and painting one side.

lovestick
Feb 11, 2006

~30303030303~

Wow, those look great as always! Keep it up.

Iris of Ether posted:

So this prize pot is absolutely bonkers. Thanks to everyone who donated! There's so much stuff, in fact, that if you're drawing from this pot you should pick both a 'small' prize and a 'big' prize! In general, that means one prize equal to a GW box set and one prize equal to 1-3 solo minis. 'Gimme a big hit from the box of Bones' counts as a valid choice, by the way.

First up is Lovestick, May's prize winner. Last I checked you're drawing from my bag: what you would like?

Thanks, PM Sent!

lovestick fucked around with this message at 20:41 on Oct 14, 2014

lovestick
Feb 11, 2006

~30303030303~

Oath Addition!

I, lovestick, add to my October oath 1 Stone Stairway by Kobblestone Miniatures (28mm), some Armorcast buckets, 5 Games Workshop Gnoblars, and an Empire peasant.

Icebucket challenge accepted!

lovestick
Feb 11, 2006

~30303030303~

Oath Complete!

First up is my theme for the month, the icebucket challenge gnoblars!

The town of Wurtbad had nearly had enough of the Ogre mercenaries. Wine stocks were running low, several flocks of geese had disappeared, and the gnoblars were sporting an incredible number of of feather fetishes. Not to mention the smell of nearly a hundred ogres and their hanger-ons camped outside the ramparts. The council dithered on how to get payment for the missing supplies and how to get the Ogres to be on their way south towards Talabecland. The local priest of Sigmar demanded that the mercenary company give back to the community, not to mention keep the gnoblars from sneaking off into town to try and rob anything shiny from the temple.

Smigg and his fellow lackeys were tasked with giving back to the community. That, or become the next meal for the Tyrant. Pulling several buckets from the latrine ditch they used to sneak into the town proper, the greenskins began to look for a way to 'donate' back to the people of Wurtbad. Yes, the set of stairs by the small alley behind the stables would be a great place to set up...

Next are the space hulk genestealers.

Lastly my 4x6 gaming table is DONE!

Texture! Color! Hooray!

I am claiming backstory and diorama for this month. It was fun to try something a little different. Also, the diorama was themed for a bloodicebucket challenge. The bucket about to be dumped on the hapless victim is full of blood, as I helped organize a blood drive at my workplace for my local chapter of The Red Cross!

lovestick
Feb 11, 2006

~30303030303~

I, lovestick, do oath the following for the month of November:

9 Battletech Mechs made by Iron Wind Metals @ 1:285 scale.

lovestick
Feb 11, 2006

~30303030303~

Oath Addition! These were the hairiest minis I had on hand, and I added a moustache to one just to be sure.

I promise to add to my November oath 3 Games Workshop Yhetee's in 28mm.

lovestick
Feb 11, 2006

~30303030303~

Oath Complete!

How do I go about doing an alternate universe oath? Same as a regular one but labelled as such?

lovestick
Feb 11, 2006

~30303030303~

Iris of Ether posted:

:siren: :siren: Prize Sign! We've got Prize Sign! :siren: :siren:

And our lucky November Monthly Prize winners are...

November Oath Thread, Grab Bag Prize 1d38 5 http://orokos.com/roll/237030
Lovestick won the roll again, but since he still can only win the grab bag once, we'll reroll....

Congrats to all winners!

I think it's a sign, the grab bag loves me!

Congratulations to all the winners again, lots of really cool stuff last month.

lovestick
Feb 11, 2006

~30303030303~

December Oath!

I, lovestick, do oath 7 wall sections from 4ground in 28mm scale and 1 Grey Knight terminator from Games Workshop in 28mm.

I still wanted to do an alternative universe oath but never was sure how to post it. :ssh:

krushgroove posted:

I...can't remember my answer to this same question previously, someone brought it up a while back. I'll have to dig back through my posts!

Here's a picture I had taken of my stuff I wanted to alternative universe, let me know if this is ok. I just want to give this a go because the oath thread keeps me motivated!

lovestick fucked around with this message at 18:58 on Dec 21, 2014

lovestick
Feb 11, 2006

~30303030303~

Oath Complete!

First up is the Grey Knight.

Next are my wall sections. I tried to do the theme on these guys because I knew that a perfectly smooth MDF wall wouldn't be very fitting, so I started by adding some texture paint to the walls, gave it a kind of grubby and patchy paint job, and then broke out some of the exposed brick sections so they can become more worn down as the battle progresses! So I tried to make them not only look weathered before the fight starts, but they can get blown up as fall apart as they get shot at in the game.

This was really fun to paint some MDF terrain and I am going to have to try it again soon!

lovestick
Feb 11, 2006

~30303030303~

I, lovestick, do oath 7 Infinity miniatures in 28mm from Corvus Belli for the month of January

lovestick
Feb 11, 2006

~30303030303~

Oath Complete!

Journal is the freehand PanO logo on a couple of the shoulders.

lovestick
Feb 11, 2006

~30303030303~

I, lovestick, do oath the following:

4 Firestorm Armada ships (1:10,000 Spartan Games)
3 Plague Toads (28mm Forge World)
1 Chaos Dwarf (28mm Marauder)
and one Hajad, Pirate (28mm Reaper)

lovestick
Feb 11, 2006

~30303030303~

Oath Addition!

I got another fleet for FSA so might as well get it painted up.

I, lovestick, do add to my February oath 2 fighter tokens, 4 drones, 8 frigates, 3 cruisers, 2 battlecruisers, and one battleship from The Directorate fleet.

lovestick
Feb 11, 2006

~30303030303~

Oath Complete!

A big pile of Firestorm Armada, both fleets and some plague toads too!

Some of the ships were picked out in each squadron for the Dindrenzi...

As for the theme this month,I tried to make the leaders of each squadron look like those from Homeworld.

I also painted a pirate and dwarf for our Dungeon Crawl Classics roleplaying group! They're the ones one the right that I painted for this month.

The Haaj, Pirate was converted to fit our hero who was originally a cooper. Needless to say, she decided the best thing to do was to use the barrel they were lugging around as armor.

The dwarf was painted to look like a kumquat as that was our snack while playing DCC.

Apologies about some of the pictures, I'll try and snag some better ones in natural light when the sun comes out. It was a really fun month to paint and I'm super stoked to get that whole Directorate fleet painted up! There's some cool weathering on em and I had a lot of fun with the airbrush too.

lovestick
Feb 11, 2006

~30303030303~

I, lovestick, do oath for the month of March:

10 Gnoblars and 1 Chaos Spawn by Citadel in 28mm scale.

lovestick
Feb 11, 2006

~30303030303~

Oath Complete!

To have a go at this months journal, I tried washing the metal with a brown tone, then highlight and add some streaks with a brighter metal color. This ended up with some cool scratch marks on the armor to make them look properly stolen used. Additionally, I tried to Fly my Flag by making a little banner for the guy who had the biggest club.

A better look and a chance to scope out the spawn that was painted too!

I was able to get a few games in with my necrons this week that I painted thanks to the Oath Thread.

This was the last thing that the land raider saw :ohdear: I thought this would be a cool In Action! shot.

I also was able to get a little Firestorm Armada in as well with my minis I painted last month!

For Strike a Pose I thought this would be fitting.

As the scout ship made its way through the nebula, the Dindrenzi vessel scanned for forms of life. At one time there was a research station in the vicinity, but no word from the crew had been heard in months. No ship traffic, no distress call, and no remains of the plasma research facility remained. In a matter of moments, the crew would find that something was still here. A direct hit to aft of the ship seemingly out of nowhere resulted in the engine reactor cutting out. The telltale sign of cloaking devices appeared on the helm displays, with several large ships appearing from all around. The comms station lit up with an incoming message, "Directorate Security Forces, prepare to be boarded."

lovestick
Feb 11, 2006

~30303030303~

Journals that I think would be cool are a retro themed month where you would choose to oath something out of print or an 'old school' theme like SRM does so well! I also really wish I would have known to oath when you were encouraged to paint from as many different miniature lines and ranges as possible.

lovestick
Feb 11, 2006

~30303030303~

I, lovestick, do oath a Games Workshop Skittari Ranger for the month of April.

Trying to finish up my Alternate Universe oath this month too.... only 30 more miniatures to go!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

lovestick
Feb 11, 2006

~30303030303~

Oath Complete!

This month I have the May and December as the months I chose for the journal. A few step by step photos and some weathering to bring it all together.

Step 1: Some basecoats - mostly VAC Steel and the GW foundation red.

Washes, some basic highlights, and painting the gun.

Almost ready! Picking out details such as lenses and then starting to basecoat the base!

Of course here is the All for One!

My monthly progress is as follows: Wow! I can't believe I painted so much stuff...

May: HERE 18 Goblin Town Goblins, another 18 goblins, 6 wargs, 2 giant spiders, the Goblin King, and the Goblin Town terrain set
June: HERE 12 Man O' War ships, 2 Sabertusks, Ironblaster, Bruiser BSB, Slaughtermaster, Firebelly, 11 Ironguts, 4 Mournfang Calvary, 1 Gnoblar (GW, 28mm), standard, bases
July: HERE 1 Ghost Ark, 2 Annihilation Barges, 2 Spyders, 1 Monolith, 5 Wraiths, 1 Destroyer Lord, 1 Illuminator Szeras, 1 Trazyn the Infinite , 1 Anrakyr the Traveller, 1 Necron Lord, 5 Warriors, 11 Immortals
August: HERE 21 British Paratroopers
September: HERE 30 Space Marines; 1 Genestealer
Orktober: HERE 7 Space Hulk genestealers, a diorama with gnoblars, boards!
November: HERE 9 Battletech Mechs, 3 Games Workshop Yhetee
December: HERE Terrain & Grey Knight terminator
January: HERE 7 Infinity Pan-O Dudes
February: HERE 4 Firestorm Dindrenzi, 3 Plague Toads, Chaos Dwarf, Barrel Mage, and a fleet of Directorate
March: HERE 10 Gnoblars and 1 Chaos Spawn
April: Right here! A dude from Mars!

lovestick fucked around with this message at 06:56 on May 1, 2015

• Locked thread