Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Angular Landbury
Oct 24, 2011

MAGGLE.

Sprecherscrow posted:

Huh, beared Dixie. And I thought the thread title was a reference to EY's reign as knockout tag champion.

The craziest thing about all this nonsense is that the bearded lady isn't part of the Circus stable.

Also let's count down the TNA "dark/supernatural" gimmicks:

Willow
Abyss
Samuel Shaw
The Menagerie (at least 3 dudes)

That's 6 people on the roster with horror film gimmicks.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

Angular Landbury posted:

The craziest thing about all this nonsense is that the bearded lady isn't part of the Circus stable.

Also let's count down the TNA "dark/supernatural" gimmicks:

Willow
Abyss
Samuel Shaw
The Menagerie (at least 3 dudes)

That's 6 people on the roster with horror film gimmicks.

We'll you see if we give enough people horror-themed gimmicks eventually one of them will be as good at the role as Bray Wyattt is.

WeaponX
Jul 28, 2008

kizarny must be pretty pissed

Angular Landbury
Oct 24, 2011

MAGGLE.

Dimebags Brain posted:

We'll you see if we give enough people horror-themed gimmicks eventually one of them will be as good at the role as Bray Wyattt is.

As dumb as all of these gimmicks are, none of them are anything like Bray Wyatt. I am genuinely confused by this constant comparison, especially when it's used for something like Willow, where the comparison began and ended at "Does promos outside".

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

SylvainMustach
Dec 12, 2007

Superior Trash Talk!
That was from that god awful gut check match right?

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

SylvainMustach posted:

That was from that god awful gut check match right?

Yeah and that dude's family is watching him suck from the front row. The best part is when he says "you can see my ribs" and then he's really out of shape and when he throws punches like a celebrity throwing out the first pitch at a baseball game

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jVPfg06iFwU

oatgan fucked around with this message at 04:23 on May 2, 2014

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

I've got a pocket full of cheese🧀, and a garden full of trees🌴.

So with Dixie wearing the beard - Does she wear it all the time? Is she claiming it to be real facial hair grown from out of her face?

As stupid as TNA is, was, and ever will be, this reminds me of when 80s Aussie soap E Street was on its way out and they had one of the dudes turn into a werewolf. For some reason.

What I'm saying is Dixie will slowly get hairier, and become a lycanthrope. Hopefully.

Bumper Stickup
Jan 7, 2012

Mmm... Offshore Toast!

Grimey Drawer

oatgan posted:

Yeah and that dude's family is watching him suck from the front row. The best part is when he says "you can see my ribs" and then he's really out of shape and when he throws punches like a celebrity throwing out the first pitch at a baseball game

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jVPfg06iFwU

"I've got my beautiful wife and my wonderful family but how in the hell am I gonna provide for them?"

Sure as hell not by working for TNA.

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

I demand to be taken seriously

:aronrex:

Davey Richards should be wrestling in the WeeLC match this Sunday. There's no way that he is 5 foot 8.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.

Testekill posted:

Davey Richards should be wrestling in the WeeLC match this Sunday. There's no way that he is 5 foot 8.
I'm nose to nose with Matt Morgan and I'm only 6'3. Wrestling is exaggerated, Chris Sabin is billed at 5'10 but looks closer to 5'8

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Flameingblack posted:

I'm nose to nose with Matt Morgan and I'm only 6'3. Wrestling is exaggerated, Chris Sabin is billed at 5'10 but looks closer to 5'8

No way. Matt Morgan is legitimately huge. I mean Brock is 6'3" and Morgan is at least 5 or 6 inches taller than him. Brock was by far the smallest guy on his Survivor Series team that one year.

Zack_Gochuck
Jan 4, 2007

Stupid Wrestling People

Deadpool posted:

No way. Matt Morgan is legitimately huge. I mean Brock is 6'3" and Morgan is at least 5 or 6 inches taller than him. Brock was by far the smallest guy on his Survivor Series team that one year.

Maybe Matt Morgan has a seven inch forehead.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.

Deadpool posted:

Morgan must have been slouching over really far down. And it still blows my mind I'm the same size as Brock Lesner.

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

As someone who's about exactly 5'7 and a half, I love the fact that the WWE heavyweight champ is basically my height in reality from the one time I met him.

Perigryn
Oct 22, 2010

TaJaaaaadoruuuuu

quote:

Former WWE and TNA talent Low Ki is reportedly in the final stages of signing a new deal with TNA.

The deal will see him work for TNA as a wrestler in the X Division and as an agent for X Division matches. The hope is that Ki will improve that division.

Low Ki worked TNA's One Night Only: Xtravaganza pay-per-view tapings earlier this month and had a very successful night.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

"ok the finish is you kick the other guy in the face as hard as possible"

*Zack Gowen stares blankly*

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

If there's anyone who deserves to be in a company that is coughing up blood and nearly dead it's someone like Low Ki

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
Low Ki is a dumb gently caress with a lovely attitude so he is a perfect fit for TNA. He's also a good wrestler so it might even make their dumb show sort of better.

Bumper Stickup
Jan 7, 2012

Mmm... Offshore Toast!

Grimey Drawer

MassRafTer posted:

Low Ki is a dumb gently caress with a lovely attitude so he is a perfect fit for TNA. He's also a good wrestler so it might even make their dumb show sort of better.

Wait what's this about Low Ki? I always liked his ring work but never heard anything about his attitude except he treats wrestling way too real.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Fibby Boy posted:

Wait what's this about Low Ki? I always liked his ring work but never heard anything about his attitude except he treats wrestling way too real.

Banned from AJPW for being a miserable poo poo
Banned from NJPW for being a miserable poo poo
Banned from ROH for being a miserable poo poo
Quit WWE because he didn't want to lose all the time
Banned from PWG no showing.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Fibby Boy posted:

He hates doing jobs (he once refused to do one for his friend Homicide) no shows dates, refuses to do dates unless he's paid more (although I think he always does it in advance) and has burned bridges with every major promotion in the world except CMLL.

Solomonic
Jan 3, 2008

INCIPIT SANTA

coconono posted:

literally carried kicking and screaming like a small child out of the arena by CZW security, never to return, because he threw a tantrum in mid-match and refused to keep wrestling

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

coconono posted:

What's his stance on a promotion not paying him on time? Because I think we've found a match made in heaven.

Solomonic posted:

literally carried kicking and screaming like a small child out of the arena by CZW security, never to return, because he threw a tantrum in mid-match and refused to keep wrestling

Actually, scratch that, he needs to #JoinTheForce

zetamind2000 fucked around with this message at 22:07 on May 2, 2014

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

Solomonic posted:

:lol:

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

coconono posted:

I believe he also burned bridges in NOAH and Dragon Gate. I remember him pissing off AAA too but I can't find any evidence of this.

NotQuiteQuentin
Jan 29, 2005

BIG OVER
College Slice
Wasn't he incredibly proud about KOing a guy with his first move in a match in dgusa or evolve?

edit - I guess he needs TNA to get booked in Wrestle 1 to get banned from every promotion in Japan.

NotQuiteQuentin fucked around with this message at 22:38 on May 2, 2014

Bigass Moth
Mar 6, 2004

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...
Man, how much of a hardass do you have to be to be the security guy at a wrestling event.

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

I definitely recall him pissing off NOAH, not sure about the lucha promotions or DG. Guess he could always #JointheForce!

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

If someone says it one more time I'm having Florina show up as a corpse. I'm not even kidding, I was pissed off with people doing that shit back in 2010, and I'm not dealing with it now in 2016.
Do you think he saw Bryan win the title and just threw a bottle at the screen pissed off?

hunnert car pileup
Oct 28, 2007

the first world was a mistake

I think DG is the only Japanese promotion he hasn't pissed off.

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

Solomonic posted:

I can't get over this picture, what exactly set him off that he refused to wrestle mid-match?

Suben
Jul 1, 2007

In 1985 Dr. Strange makes a rap album.

NotQuiteQuentin posted:

Wasn't he incredibly proud about KOing a guy with his first move in a match I'm dgusa or evolve?

edit - I guess he needs TNA to get booked in Wrestle 1 to get banned from every promotion in Japan.

Well every MEN'S promotion in Japan. Lei-Di will take the joshi world by storm!

TheEggsBenedict
Jan 4, 2013

if i go crazy then
will you still
call me superman

Solomonic posted:

Is there a video of this?

Solomonic
Jan 3, 2008

INCIPIT SANTA

RZApublican posted:

I can't get over this picture, what exactly set him off that he refused to wrestle mid-match?

From the Botchamania site, the story as we first heard it:

quote:

JAPW and CZW had huge heat at the time, but CZW had shown interest in Ki, the Haas Brothers, and The Hit Squad, so they started using them all. As dumb as it sounds, it lead to one of the bigger dream matches in NJ indy rasslin at the time: Ki vs Ric Blade. They did like three matches total together: January 2000 in CZW, one for New Millennium Wrestling in early February 2000, and then one like a week later for CZW that was a ladder match between Ki, Blade and Mercury. Blade got hurt during the match (Low Ki had nothing to do with it either, Blade hosed himself up coming off a basketball hoop and putting Mercury through a table while Ki was selling *he actually did that back then* near the ring and couldn’t see what happened) and couldn’t do everything that was planned. Ki, being Ki, has always had to get his poo poo in. So the dude just starts flipping out in front of the crowd because he thinks it’s some kind of screw job/set up, with CZW trying to gently caress him over for being a JAPW guy or whatever. Everyone is standing around wondering what to do because he won’t calm down. So security dude just decides “gently caress it” and scoops Ki up in his arms, mid-tantrum, as if he were a child throwing a hissy fit and carries him to the back. The Hit Squad tried to intervene too, and got in a shoving match with security. Neither Ki or the Hit Squad were brought back.

For whatever reason CZW edited it off the video they sold and that picture is the only image from a forgotten moment in indy rasslin’ lore.

Picture him shouting "this is bullshit" in his McGruff the Crime Dog voice and it becomes even better

TheEggsBenedict posted:

no they edited it out, so it looks like it's lost to us forever :(

hunnert car pileup
Oct 28, 2007

the first world was a mistake

E: ^^yeah, this

TheEggsBenedict posted:

CZW took great pains to edit this off the video of the show it was on, IIRC.

weekly font
Dec 1, 2004

Everytime I try to fly I fall
Without my wings
I feel so small
Guess I need you baby...

Testekill posted:

I'm 5'6 and he was about eye to eye with me when I was chatting at an ROH show, maybe an inch taller. Boots probably put him at 5'8.

Jimmy Jacobs was shorter than me though. :lol:

Bumper Stickup
Jan 7, 2012

Mmm... Offshore Toast!

Grimey Drawer

coconono posted:

Holy poo poo. Then yeah can't wait for TNA to scoop up such a valuable worker.

Commissar Ken
Dec 9, 2006

Children STILL love me, dammit!

Solomonic posted:

Hahahah, jesus. I know it's said a lot but THIS was truly the greatest night in the history of our sport.

coconono posted:

Why'd he leave TNA the first time? Goldberg style "I DONT DO COMEDY" when he was doing the PCS stuff?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

quote:

Ki was selling *he actually did that back then* near the ring and couldn’t see what happened) and couldn’t do everything that was planned. Ki, being Ki, has always had to get his poo poo in. So the dude just starts flipping out in front of the crowd because he thinks it’s some kind of screw job/set up, with CZW trying to gently caress him over for being a JAPW guy or whatever.

The greatest sentence(s) in the history of our sport.

• Locked thread