Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Happy Happyist
Jul 23, 2007

I need your assistance to make the world blue and change it into a happy and peaceful society.

Testekill posted:

All of the shows up until then are in the can so, unless they get heavily promoted in viginettes and backstage segments, I don't see why they would be on the main card. Probably a dark match only.

Since they're in Texas, they really don't need to be promoted. As soon their names are announced live, the crowd is going to lose their poo poo. Texan wrestling fans never forget the Von Erichs.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
They made an ad buy on The Fan to promote the August tapings. I don't know if I'll laugh or cry if John Sterling is forced to read a TNA plug during a Yankee game. Laugh probably.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Great White Hope posted:

Have the Von Erichs even been mentioned on TV and I missed it, or are they going to be wrestling for the Tag Titles despite never being on TNA programming beforehand?

Wolves are champs, not the Bro Mans. As said it would probably either be a dark match or an opener.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
Did I ever post this video? Because it is my favorite debut in TNA history:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lggf4uBYLsg

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
Not a revelation and this board have a lot of ROH attendees in that area both current and lapsed but Mike Johnson on Wednesday really made a compelling point in how he said that New York crowds have seen the most high end, cutting edge in ring Wrestling from ECW to WWE to ROH so to person your standard talk heavy IMPACT is total and utter suicide. TNA defenders say oh TNA ran an event there before but that wasn't a TV and TNA still had a lot of workhorses then and the TNA house show was this tested honed act that was as separate to their TV product as could be.

Golden Bee
Dec 24, 2009

I came here to chew bubblegum and quote 'They Live', and I'm... at an impasse.

MassRafTer posted:

"An oppressed dictator" raises a lot of ontological questions that nobody in TNA could answer, but it's probably just another Feast or My Fired typo.

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

MassRafTer posted:

Holy poo poo is that video actually real? I always assumed you took the first part from some trailer for an '80s B action movie and edited it together.

Daniel Bryan
May 23, 2006

GOAT
http://shoptna.com/eric-young---plastic-beard.aspx

SylvainMustach
Dec 12, 2007

Superior Trash Talk!

but it's plastic, not furry. it's different. it's different.

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

Wrong TNA topic.

rare Magic card l00k fucked around with this message at 03:30 on May 30, 2014

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?

Did anyone else get two "Are you sure you want to leave this page? A Total Non-Stop Offer for You!" pop-ups in a row when trying to close the page?

Blasmeister
Jan 15, 2012

2Time TRP Sack Race Champion

Pope Corky the IX posted:

Did anyone else get two "Are you sure you want to leave this page? A Total Non-Stop Offer for You!" pop-ups in a row when trying to close the page?

I get an 'are you sure?' message, yeah. Even their website is desperate.

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

Vince Russo's website does the same thing #askquestions

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

oatgan posted:

Vince Russo's website does the same thing #askquestions
Is it still a rumor that he works for the company? Because he wrote a couple weeks back about how he didn't turn MVP heel, and that MVP started his group because he used to be a criminal and is therefore untrustworthy.

I'm not making any of this up.

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

Golden Bee posted:

"An oppressed dictator" raises a lot of ontological questions that nobody in TNA could answer, but it's probably just another Feast or My Fired typo.

Dixie Carter, the Fisher Queen of Impact Wrestling.

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

Great White Hope posted:

Have the Von Erichs even been mentioned on TV and I missed it, or are they going to be wrestling for the Tag Titles despite never being on TNA programming beforehand?

TNA said it heard the voices of the AWA, USWA, and WCW calling it

LividLiquid posted:

Is it still a rumor that he works for the company? Because he wrote a couple weeks back about how he didn't turn MVP heel, and that MVP started his group because he used to be a criminal and is therefore untrustworthy.

I'm not making any of this up.

Rumor? I thought it was confirmed he was working as "creative consultant" for TNA.

e: Oh, I misread your post.

Luigi Thirty fucked around with this message at 04:49 on May 30, 2014

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

That's what I'm saying. How could he turn MVP heel if he hasn't worked for the company in years?

Suben
Jul 1, 2007

In 1985 Dr. Strange makes a rap album.

MassRafTer posted:

Once the punchline came I lost it holy poo poo.

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

right after that debut he waggles his head all the way to the ring and shoots on WWE

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

That video and Curt Hennig's TNA theme make everything TNA has ever done worth it.

HulkaMatt
Feb 14, 2006

BIG BICEPS SHOHEI

MassRafTer posted:

Please change the thumbnail of this video to something that isn't D-LO.

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

Great White Hope posted:

That video and Curt Hennig's TNA theme make everything TNA has ever done worth it.

#keepthisalive

Prozach
Oct 30, 2013

When God invented Lycra, he was thinking about Divas matches.

MassRafTer posted:

I still feel as though nothing will ever top Cheex.

But that's really, really good too.

Stallion Cabana
Feb 14, 2012
1; Get into Grad School

2; Become better at playing Tabletop, both as a player and as a GM/ST/W/E

3; Get rid of this goddamn avatar.

HulkaMatt posted:

Please change the thumbnail of this video to something that isn't D-LO.

That doesn't diminish it at all. If anything it makes it more magical.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
The intro to that PPV was pretty magical too:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DaTAIgMl0MI

Karmine
Oct 23, 2003

If you tremble with indignation at every injustice, then you are a comrade of mine.
My favorite part is how whoever made that doesn't know the difference between "oppressed" and "oppressive."

Perigryn
Oct 22, 2010

TaJaaaaadoruuuuu

quote:

TNA began running radio ads in New York City on WFAN this week. WFAN is likely the most expensive sports radio station in the country to advertise on. However, the ads are for TNA's August tapings, not the tapings in June that are having slow sales. It's worth noting that Jeff Hardy, one of TNA's most recognizable names, was not mentioned in the ads. Stars mentioned were Eric Young, MVP, Bobby Lashley, Kenny King, Velvet Sky and "New York's own Bully Ray."

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

poo poo like this is why TNA will never be anything. They have Jeff loving Hardy (who, like it or not, is their biggest star), but I bet if they were to advertise him now they'd go "Come see Willow The Wisp!"

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I'm not the one they'll try their luck with
Hit hard like brass knuckles
See your face through the turnbuckle dude
I got no love for you

Great White Hope posted:

poo poo like this is why TNA will never be anything. They have Jeff loving Hardy (who, like it or not, is their biggest star), but I bet if they were to advertise him now they'd go "Come see Willow The Wisp!"

Maybe Jeff is on the way out :tinfoil:

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

triplexpac posted:

Do you have proof that Willow is actually Jeff Hardy? Maybe he's someone else who we're supposed to think is Jeff Hardy. #AskQuestions

Lotus Brony
Feb 21, 2012

by Cowcaster
Willow is Jeff Hardy? Next you will claim Mr. America was Hulk Hogan.

#AskQuestions

Germansimp
May 28, 2013

triplexpac posted:

That very well may be possible for the August tapings, but he should definitely still be with TNA for the June tapings. Which as the article says TNA didn't run ads before, because why bother advertising for tapings that are selling badly that you could still salvage by making Jeff Hardy a focal point of the ads.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

maybe TNA recognizes the fact that the only people that care about Jeff Hardy are already actively stalking him in every aspect of his life?

rovert
Jun 10, 2013

coconono posted:

maybe TNA recognizes the fact that the only people that care about Jeff Hardy are already actively stalking him in every aspect of his life?

Or going to see Hardys vs the Bucks:
http://www.northeastwrestling.com/20140802.shtml

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

Impact wasn't even in the top 100 cable shows this week.

ColeM
Dec 23, 2007
New User Alert!
What a shocker. They probably wouldn't even break in the top 1000 list if there ever was one.

If Spike tv dropped them I wonder what channel would take them on?

Trollologist
Mar 3, 2010

by Fluffdaddy

ColeM posted:

What a shocker. They probably wouldn't even break in the top 1000 list if there ever was one.

If Spike tv dropped them I wonder what channel would take them on?

Coming soon to satellite channel 9999 the all new Panda Energy Network!

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?
Cagesideseats.com - That's not how you spell Lashley

Every day, a present from TNA.

keithy george
Jan 8, 2008

It's just revenge for years of "Divon, get the tabel" crowd signs

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?
I imagine it as something like...

Guy Spraypainting Table: "poo poo, I ran out of room. And I spelled his name wrong!"

Other Guy: "Nothing we can do about it now, we can only afford the one table"

• Locked thread