Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Kekekela
Oct 28, 2004

Marching Powder posted:

read the result and died inside. 35 loving seconds.

can someone summarise tom niimiaki's (sic) demise?

Swedish dude ripped some sweet jumping guillotines then went nuts post fight.

This + Iuri made the card non-horrible, and Cedenblad also had a pretty slick submission with almost no time left in the round. Goons, we were happy, why are you making GBS threads all over my fond memories of this card? :smith:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Triticum Guzzler
Jun 16, 2002
I hope they put Miocic/Overeem on the Japan card

Street Horrrsing
Mar 24, 2010

Godwalker of The Grateful Prisoner

Watching CB dolloway beat carmont at his own game was exciting + entertaining goddamit. Actually interested in seeing his next fight

Tezcatlipoca
Sep 18, 2009

Duzzy Funlop posted:

"show them some good MMA"

Why would you use these words for the two cards yesterday? Why do you lie to your friends?

Fat Twitter Man
Jan 24, 2007

by R. Guyovich

Triticum Guzzler posted:

I hope they put Miocic/Overeem on the Japan card

That would actually really own, though I still want to see JDS vs Miocic

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Hi there, would you like to try some spicy products?

Tezcatlipoca posted:

Why would you use these words for the two cards yesterday? Why do you lie to your friends?

When you live in a timezone where you barely ever get any UFC events during humane hours, everything you get is basically a boon and I wanted to believe.

Panama Red
Jul 30, 2003

Only in America could you find a way to earn a healthy buck and still keep your attitude on self destruct
Watched Machida vs Couture and Machida vs Jones. I really like Machida and his unorthodox fighting style. I'm pulling for him against Weidman although it sounds like I'm in the minority. He would probably benefit from there being a more standardized judging system but that's not a new complaint by any stretch.

Also watched a couple of Alan Belcher fights on Fight Pass, versus Akiyama and Cote. He seems like a cool fighter, but then I saw he lost his last two fights against Okami and Bisping. If he loses again, does he get cut? Three straight losses seems to equal a pink slip, from what I've read

PeteRoseHaircut
May 17, 2008

Thank you, Toronto!

MassRafTer posted:

Wow, UFC is running on September 5th at Foxwoods the same night Bellator is running at Mohegan.

I wish the venues were reversed, I'd rather go to Mohegan.

Is Foxwoods significantly worse than Mohegan? I've only ever been to Mohegan and I love it there.

On the bright side, I expect a stacked card with them running head to head and nearby to Bellator. I just hope it's worth making the trek down from Boston.

CarlCX
Dec 14, 2003

Panama Red posted:

Also watched a couple of Alan Belcher fights on Fight Pass, versus Akiyama and Cote. He seems like a cool fighter, but then I saw he lost his last two fights against Okami and Bisping. If he loses again, does he get cut? Three straight losses seems to equal a pink slip, from what I've read

A combination of losing repeatedly at middleweight + eye injury + fatigue has Belcher in pseudo-retirement right now, so it's a little moot. Either way, he said when/if he comes back he'll do it at 205, which seems like a terrible idea that would be very likely to get him beat and thereafter retired for good.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DumbWhiteGuy
Jul 4, 2007

You need haters. Fellas if you got 20 haters, you need 40 of them motherfuckers. If there's any haters in here that don't have nobody to hate on, feel free to hate on me
http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3639368

• Locked thread